Re: ffmpeg porting ion android

Ganesh B M S

Sep 15, 2010, 11:36:10 PM9/15/10
to andro...@googlegroups.com
which excutable and which static libraries..? i am not getting........??

Regards,
Ganesh

On Wed, Sep 15, 2010 at 11:46 AM, Sunil Kumar <sunil...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi all,
        I am trying to port ffmpeg on android. But I am unable to
cross compile it on arm toolchain provided by ndk. Can any one suggest
me how to do it? I have downloaded ffmpeg-android code from the site
git://gitorious.org/~olvaffe/ffmpeg/ffmpeg-android.git. But libswscale
is missing in that so I could not proceed forward. I request all to
please suggest me some ways to cross compile ffmpeg on android and
ways to generate an executable file using the developed static
libraries.

Ngo Van Luyen

Oct 19, 2010, 7:52:45 AM10/19/10
to andro...@googlegroups.com
Hi kiran, just calling me as Luyen or Ngo :)

I'm willing to use it in our engine for Android app. But I think that it's too big, and it will be slow, so for now I'm using libmad. But for video, anyway, I will try with ffmpeg.

And how can I put all in one ffmpeg.so ?

I'm working with C/C++, but on Windows, so I am not good at makefile :)

2010/10/19 kiran <kiranb...@gmail.com>
Hi Ngo Van Luyen
 now how are you going use the ffmpeg library in our application.
Regards
Kiran

On Tue, Oct 19, 2010 at 5:06 PM, kiran <kiranb...@gmail.com> wrote:

On Tue, Oct 19, 2010 at 5:02 PM, Ngo Van Luyen <nvlu...@gmail.com> wrote:
hi kiran,

I didn't try to test it yet, but it's strange that the size of ffmpeg.so is 1.6KB,

That's' fine bzoz libavcodec is 20203588 and that is the actual library which contains the codec.
regards
Kiran

2010/10/19 kiran <kiranb...@gmail.com>

Hi Ngo Van Luyen
What is the problem actually ? any log.
Any executable linked to this library is not getting executed bcoz is not able to find the library, even though library is in /system/lib

Regards
Kiran

On Mon, Oct 18, 2010 at 5:49 PM, Ngo Van Luyen <nvlu...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi,

and I have  libffmpeg.so with 1.6KB

1599 libffmpeg.so
588142 libswscale.a
104346 libpostproc.a
341158 libavutil.a
20203588 libavcodec.a
6436020 libavformat.a

I think this is the link problem, but I don't know how to fix. I am not familiar with makefile :(

2010/10/18 kiran <kiranb...@gmail.com>
Sure, any time
Regards
Kiran

On Mon, Oct 18, 2010 at 1:10 PM, Thorbjørn Vynne <thorbjo...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi Kiran

That's great I'll have a look at that. Will probably come back with
more questions later...

Will post my progress as well...

Best regards

Thor

On 18 Okt., 06:57, kiran <kiranbhat2...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi
>     i integrated the ffmpeg to stagefright framework through the following
> mechanism
>        There is libomxil-Bellagio interface library(http://omxil.sourceforge.net/news.html)  which provides openmax-IL layer
> using ffmpeg decoder as a codec engine, Since any codec which implements the
> openmax-il layer can be easily be integrated to the stagefright framework.
>            You need to create libstagefrighthw library using the
> OMXPluginBase structure,ti-omap3 provides an example for stagefright the
> code example is in hardware/ti/omap3/libstagefrighthw.
>            if you implement using this method one advantage is that the
> youtube streaming and any mp4 streaming and standalone playing stagefright
> framework will take care of playing using ffmpeg.
>
> regards
> Kiran
>
> On Mon, Oct 18, 2010 at 10:06 AM, kiran <kiranbhat2...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Right now i do not have the git repository, but i can guide in porting
> > ffmpeg to stagefright i will provide you the Android.mk file for ffmpeg and
> > libomxil-bealligo and the modification done to libomxil-bealligo and
> > creating vendor specfic libstagefright hardware and libOMXCore for ffmpeg.
> > Regards
> > Kiran
>
> > On Fri, Oct 15, 2010 at 4:07 PM, Thorbjørn Vynne <
> > thorbjorn.vy...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> >> Hi Kiran
>
> >> I can see from one of the other threads that you have already
> >> completed this work and think about creating more demuxer for
> >> stagefright. Really nice work !! Do you have a git repository that
> >> makes this available somewhere? I would really like to mess around
> >> with this.
>
> >> Best regards
> >> Thor

> >> --

Hello Android!
http://androidcore.com/

Hello Android!
http://androidcore.com/

Hello Android!
http://androidcore.com/

kiran

Oct 19, 2010, 8:09:22 AM10/19/10
to andro...@googlegroups.com

Hi Luyen
 Speed of your video engine does not depend on the size, but it purely depends on the video and audio codec performance, For example Coretx-A8 which contains neon instruction and ffmpeg has neon optimized h.264 video codec.

if you put all ffmpeg i into one library libffmpeg.so and then i would recommend compling ffmpeg using Android.mk file rather than android-ndk, Rockplayer has complied ffmpeg using Android.mk and ffmpeg part of rockplayer can be downloaded with the following link http://rockplayer.freecoder.org/tech_en.html.
You can use Android.mk file of Rockplayer-ffmpeg  as reference for compling your ffmpeg.
Regards
Kiran

Ngo Van Luyen

Oct 19, 2010, 9:43:35 AM10/19/10
to andro...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for your useful link :)

Ngo Van Luyen

Oct 21, 2010, 8:15:13 AM10/21/10
to andro...@googlegroups.com
I think the rocketplayer's config is better, for example: in rocketplayer, oss and alsa is disabled

Ngo Van Luyen

Oct 21, 2010, 9:09:25 AM10/21/10
to andro...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I have just switch to rocketplayer code (NDK stuff) because I want to have all in one ffmpeg.so file.
But when compiling I have this error message:

xxx/workspace/ffmpeg/jni/libavcodec/arm/dsputil_armv6.S: Assembler messages:
xxx/workspace/ffmpeg/jni/libavcodec/arm/dsputil_armv6.S:101: Error: selected processor does not support `uhadd8 r4,r4,r6'
xxx/workspace/ffmpeg/jni/libavcodec/arm/dsputil_armv6.S:103: Error: selected processor does not support `uhadd8 r5,r5,r7'
xxx/workspace/ffmpeg/jni/libavcodec/arm/dsputil_armv6.S:106: Error: selected processor does not support `uadd8 r4,r4,r14'

Can anyone give me an idea

Thanks,

kiran

Oct 22, 2010, 2:57:20 AM10/22/10
to andro...@googlegroups.com

Hi
 what is the processor name on your board
 what is the the value of the following flags TARGET_ARCH_ABI and TARGET_CPU_ABI in the BoardConfig file of  your device in Android.
  The problem is that the Android build configuration is for generic arm and you are trying to compiling  armv6 assembly instruction.
just tell me the above flags value.

Regards
Kiran

survivant

Oct 22, 2010, 10:11:29 PM10/22/10
to android-ndk
is it possible to compile only libavcodec ?

I only want the audio library for now if possible. I try to find a
procedure on Google and forums, but there is nothing on that.

thanks

Sebastien

On 19 oct, 08:09, kiran <kiranbhat2...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Luyen
>  Speed of your video engine does not depend on the size, but it purely
> depends on the video and audio codec performance, For example Coretx-A8
> which contains neon instruction and ffmpeg has neon optimized h.264 video
> codec.
>
> if you put all ffmpeg i into one library libffmpeg.so and then i would
> recommend compling ffmpeg using Android.mk file rather than android-ndk,
> Rockplayer has complied ffmpeg using Android.mk and ffmpeg part of
> rockplayer can be downloaded with the following linkhttp://rockplayer.freecoder.org/tech_en.html.
> You can use Android.mk file of Rockplayer-ffmpeg  as reference for compling
> your ffmpeg.
> Regards
> Kiran
>
> On Tue, Oct 19, 2010 at 5:22 PM, Ngo Van Luyen <nvluye...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Hi kiran, just calling me as Luyen or Ngo :)
>
> > I'm willing to use it in our engine for Android app. But I think that it's
> > too big, and it will be slow, so for now I'm using libmad. But for video,
> > anyway, I will try with ffmpeg.
>
> > And how can I put all in one ffmpeg.so ?
>
> > I'm working with C/C++, but on Windows, so I am not good at makefile :)
>
> > 2010/10/19 kiran <kiranbhat2...@gmail.com>
>
> >> Hi Ngo Van Luyen
> >>  now how are you going use the ffmpeg library in our application.
> >> Regards
> >> Kiran

> >>  --
>
> > --
> > Hello Android!
> >http://androidcore.com/

survivant

Oct 22, 2010, 10:17:23 PM10/22/10
to android-ndk
is it possible to compile only libavcodec ?

I only want the audio library for now if possible. I try to find a
procedure on Google and forums, but there is nothing on that.

thanks

Sebastien

On 19 oct, 08:09, kiran <kiranbhat2...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Luyen
>  Speed of your video engine does not depend on the size, but it purely
> depends on the video and audio codec performance, For example Coretx-A8
> which contains neon instruction and ffmpeg has neon optimized h.264 video
> codec.
>
> if you put all ffmpeg i into one library libffmpeg.so and then i would
> recommend compling ffmpeg using Android.mk file rather than android-ndk,
> Rockplayer has complied ffmpeg using Android.mk and ffmpeg part of
> rockplayer can be downloaded with the following linkhttp://rockplayer.freecoder.org/tech_en.html.
> You can use Android.mk file of Rockplayer-ffmpeg  as reference for compling
> your ffmpeg.
> Regards
> Kiran
>
> On Tue, Oct 19, 2010 at 5:22 PM, Ngo Van Luyen <nvluye...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Hi kiran, just calling me as Luyen or Ngo :)
>
> > I'm willing to use it in our engine for Android app. But I think that it's
> > too big, and it will be slow, so for now I'm using libmad. But for video,
> > anyway, I will try with ffmpeg.
>
> > And how can I put all in one ffmpeg.so ?
>
> > I'm working with C/C++, but on Windows, so I am not good at makefile :)
>
> > 2010/10/19 kiran <kiranbhat2...@gmail.com>
>
> >> Hi Ngo Van Luyen
> >>  now how are you going use the ffmpeg library in our application.
> >> Regards
> >> Kiran

> >>  --
>
> > --
> > Hello Android!
> >http://androidcore.com/

survivant

Oct 22, 2010, 10:18:18 PM10/22/10

On 19 oct, 09:43, Ngo Van Luyen <nvluye...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks for your useful link :)
>
> 2010/10/19 kiran <kiranbhat2...@gmail.com>
>

> > Hi Luyen
> >  Speed of your video engine does not depend on the size, but it purely
> > depends on the video and audio codec performance, For example Coretx-A8
> > which contains neon instruction and ffmpeg has neon optimized h.264 video
> > codec.
>
> > if you put all ffmpeg i into one library libffmpeg.so and then i would
> > recommend compling ffmpeg using Android.mk file rather than android-ndk,
> > Rockplayer has complied ffmpeg using Android.mk and ffmpeg part of
> > rockplayer can be downloaded with the following link
> >http://rockplayer.freecoder.org/tech_en.html.
> > You can use Android.mk file of Rockplayer-ffmpeg  as reference for compling
> > your ffmpeg.
> > Regards
> > Kiran
>
> > On Tue, Oct 19, 2010 at 5:22 PM, Ngo Van Luyen <nvluye...@gmail.com>wrote:
>
> >> Hi kiran, just calling me as Luyen or Ngo :)
>
> >> I'm willing to use it in our engine for Android app. But I think that it's
> >> too big, and it will be slow, so for now I'm using libmad. But for video,
> >> anyway, I will try with ffmpeg.
>
> >> And how can I put all in one ffmpeg.so ?
>
> >> I'm working with C/C++, but on Windows, so I am not good at makefile :)

> >> --
> >> Hello Android!
> >>http://androidcore.com/

Eugene Mymrin

Oct 23, 2010, 4:54:25 AM10/23/10
to andro...@googlegroups.com
libavcodec depends on libavutil.
You can build libavutil as a static library and link libavutil with it
statically.

Linux V

Oct 23, 2010, 6:12:46 AM10/23/10
to andro...@googlegroups.com
May be you can download ported libraries from here.

http://radiotime.com/apps/android.aspx

>> >  --
>> > android-ndk+googlegroups.com>

ggomeze

Oct 23, 2010, 5:06:18 PM10/23/10
to android-ndk
That's what i did indeed and it worked to me. Now the question is...
how do i use them?. Which are the exported methods?. Seems like
mms_connect should be the method to be called, but i'm not sure the
method syntax is correct... does someone have some documentation about
that?

Thanks in advance!

Ger

On Oct 23, 12:12 pm, "Linux V" <lin...@gmail.com> wrote:
> May be you can download ported libraries from here.
>
> http://radiotime.com/apps/android.aspx

survivant

Oct 24, 2010, 6:09:28 PM10/24/10
to android-ndk
thanks, but my problem is really how to do that. for me makefile and
linking library is my nightmare, and I don<t talk about the JNI that
I'll have to understand after that. I'm amazing with java backend,
not other than that.. not really.

On 23 oct, 04:54, Eugene Mymrin <emym...@gmail.com> wrote:
> libavcodec depends on libavutil.
> You can build libavutil as a static library and link libavutil with it
> statically.

> plus de détails »

survivant

Oct 24, 2010, 6:12:05 PM10/24/10
to android-ndk
thanks. I which that I could understand what they did.. but I guess I
can start from that. now it's how to compile it and and to use that
in Java. The only JNI I did was on Windows and it was the HelloWorld
few years ago. That why I'm trying to find a good explaination in
this forum.

I'm not the only one looking for that, and that's why I want to create
a blog about that when I will be able to build a demo that works on
Android.. It will be a complete demo.

On 23 oct, 06:12, "Linux V" <lin...@gmail.com> wrote:
> May be you can download ported libraries from here.
>
> http://radiotime.com/apps/android.aspx

Ngo Van Luyen

Oct 25, 2010, 5:10:19 AM10/25/10
to andro...@googlegroups.com
Hi kiran,

I have just disabled ARMV6 code, and I have all in one libffmpeg.so now.

Thanks for your useful helping.

Best,
Luyen,

Thorbjørn Vynne

Oct 25, 2010, 10:00:46 AM10/25/10
to android-ndk
Hi Kiran

So I've got libomxil-bellagio partly integrated into froyo, running on
the emulator. I've only added the ffmpeg-dist components and sofar
only added support for the avc codec.

I'm able to load the st.avc component, but there are some of the
assert in the OMXCodec.cpp that fails. Did you have to add any extra
quirks to get the components up and running, or possibly it's related
to the changes you made to libomxil-bellagio?

Note: to avoid complicating things too much I'm still running on the
0.5 version on ffmpeg... Will move to version 0.6 once I've got this
up and running.

BR
Thor

On 18 Okt., 06:36, kiran <kiranbhat2...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Right now i do not have the git repository, but i can guide in porting
> ffmpeg to stagefright i will provide you the Android.mk file for ffmpeg and
> libomxil-bealligo and the modification done to libomxil-bealligo and
> creating vendor specfic libstagefright hardware and libOMXCore for ffmpeg.
> Regards
> Kiran
>
> On Fri, Oct 15, 2010 at 4:07 PM, Thorbjørn Vynne
> <thorbjorn.vy...@gmail.com>wrote:
>
> > Hi Kiran
>
> > I can see from one of the other threads that you have already
> > completed this work and think about creating more demuxer for
> > stagefright. Really nice work !! Do you have a git repository that
> > makes this available somewhere? I would really like to mess around
> > with this.
>
> > Best regards
> > Thor
>
> > --
> > .

survivant

Oct 25, 2010, 6:17:39 PM10/25/10
to android-ndk
I found this program that use libavcodec

http://tapemachine.samalyse.com/

kiran

Oct 26, 2010, 1:30:20 AM10/26/10
to andro...@googlegroups.com

Hi thorbjorn

 The following changes i have done to the OMXCodec.cpp
1) Adding omx decoder information in kDecoderInfo structure
               { MEDIA_MIMETYPE_VIDEO_AVC, "OMX.st.video_decoder.avc" },
2)  Commenting the following lines in create function of OMXCodec.cpp
                  #if BUILD_WITH_FULL_STAGEFRIGHT
                    sp<MediaSource> softwareCodec =
                     InstantiateSoftwareCodec(componentName, source);

                    if (softwareCodec != NULL) {
                     LOGV("Successfully allocated software codec '%s'", componentName);

                     return softwareCodec;
                    }
#endif
  i commented out this step because after stagefright finds the software codec information , it just returns the software codec information without even looking into the hardware codec information. May be you find the  alternative method for this.
Regards
Kiran

ggomeze

Nov 2, 2010, 5:04:56 PM11/2/10
to android-ndk
Survivant, did you manage to figure out how to use those libraries
from the Android SDK?

Regards,
Ger

On Oct 25, 11:17 pm, survivant <sebastien.dio...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I found this program that use libavcodec
>
> http://tapemachine.samalyse.com/
>
> On 25 oct, 10:00, Thorbjørn Vynne <thorbjorn.vy...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> > Hi Kiran
>
> > So I've got libomxil-bellagio partly integrated into froyo, running on
> > the emulator. I've only added theffmpeg-dist components and sofar
> > only added support for the avc codec.
>
> > I'm able to load the st.avc component, but there are some of the
> > assert in the OMXCodec.cpp that fails. Did you have to add any extra
> > quirks to get the components up and running, or possibly it's related
> > to the changes you made to libomxil-bellagio?
>
> > Note: to avoid complicating things too much I'm still running on the
> > 0.5 version onffmpeg... Will move to version 0.6 once I've got this
> > up and running.
>
> > BR
> > Thor
>
> > On 18 Okt., 06:36, kiran <kiranbhat2...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > > Right now i do not have the git repository, but i can guide in porting
> > >ffmpegto stagefright i will provide you the Android.mk file forffmpegand
> > > libomxil-bealligo and the modification done to libomxil-bealligo and
> > > creating vendor specfic libstagefright hardware and libOMXCore forffmpeg.
> > > Regards
> > > Kiran

Ngo Van Luyen

Nov 10, 2010, 7:39:49 AM11/10/10
to andro...@googlegroups.com
hi all,

I had moved to others project to finish something, now i'm back and I have a stupid question :)

I'm trying to linking ffmpeg with my module and I have this error:

path/workspace/ffmpeg/jni/ffmpeg/libswscale/../libavutil/libm.h:87: multiple definition of `roundf'
path/workspace/svn3/gpac/modules/android-make/obj/local/armeabi/libavcodec.a(allcodecs.o):path/workspace/ffmpeg/jni/ffmpeg/libavcodec/../libavutil/libm.h:87: first defined here
path/workspace/svn3/gpac/modules/android-make/obj/local/armeabi/libswscale.a(options.o): In function `round':
path/workspace/ffmpeg/jni/ffmpeg/libswscale/../libavutil/libm.h:80: multiple definition of `round'
path/workspace/svn3/gpac/modules/android-make/obj/local/armeabi/libavcodec.a(allcodecs.o):path/workspace/ffmpeg/jni/ffmpeg/libavcodec/../libavutil/libm.h:80: first defined here
path/workspace/svn3/gpac/modules/android-make/obj/local/armeabi/libswscale.a(options.o): In function `lrintf':
path/workspace/ffmpeg/jni/ffmpeg/libswscale/../libavutil/libm.h:73: multiple definition of `lrintf'
path/workspace/svn3/gpac/modules/android-make/obj/local/armeabi/libavcodec.a(allcodecs.o):path/workspace/ffmpeg/jni/ffmpeg/libavcodec/../libavutil/libm.h:73: first defined here
path/workspace/svn3/gpac/modules/android-make/obj/local/armeabi/libswscale.a(options.o): In function `lrint':
path/workspace/ffmpeg/jni/ffmpeg/libswscale/../libavutil/libm.h:66: multiple definition of `lrint'
path/workspace/svn3/gpac/modules/android-make/obj/local/armeabi/libavcodec.a(allcodecs.o):path/workspace/ffmpeg/jni/ffmpeg/libavcodec/../libavutil/libm.h:66: first defined here

Does someone meets this before?

Thanks

Ngo Van Luyen

Nov 10, 2010, 9:41:08 AM11/10/10
to andro...@googlegroups.com
Ok, I changed config.h and it's ok now

Ngo Van Luyen

Nov 11, 2010, 12:43:16 PM11/11/10
to andro...@googlegroups.com
What's your problem?
If you want I can attach my config.h. But it depends on what do you need, what are you using in ffmpeg.

2010/11/11 BerlinerMC <a.deut...@online.de>
What did you changed?!

On Nov 10, 3:41 pm, Ngo Van Luyen <nvluye...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Ok, I changed config.h and it's ok now
>
> 2010/11/10 Ngo Van Luyen <nvluye...@gmail.com>
> > path/workspace/svn3/gpac/modules/android-make/obj/local/armeabi/libavcodec. a(allcodecs.o):path/workspace/ffmpeg/jni/ffmpeg/libavcodec/../libavutil/lib m.h:66:

> > first defined here
>
> > --------------------------------------------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------------------------
>
> > Does someone meets this before?
>
> > Thanks

gi hwa shin

Nov 19, 2010, 3:18:04 AM11/19/10
to android-ndk
hi all~
I'm struggling with the problem you've fixed (Ngo Van Luyen)
when i try to compile simple test code with -lavcodec -lavutil,
following under message comes up!

MESSGE START -->
../obj/local/armeabi//libavutil.a(rational.o): In function `lrint':
/home/ghshin/source/Android/android-ndk-r4b/sources/NVC/jni/ffmpeg/
libavutil/libm.h:64: multiple definition of `lrint'
../obj/local/armeabi//libavcodec.a(utils.o):/home/ghshin/source/
Android/android-ndk-r4b/sources/NVC/jni/ffmpeg/libavcodec/../libavutil/
libm.h:64: first defined here
MESSAGE END <--

I thought it's because of libm.h is defined in avcodec.a and also in
avutil.a
what did you fix?
---

On 11월12일, 오전2시43분, Ngo Van Luyen <nvluye...@gmail.com> wrote:
> What's your problem?
> If you want I can attach my config.h. But it depends on what do you need,
> what are you using in ffmpeg.
>
> 2010/11/11 BerlinerMC <a.deutschm...@online.de>> What did you changed?!

Ngo Van Luyen

Nov 19, 2010, 9:46:52 AM11/19/10
to andro...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

open config.h, find

#define HAVE_LRINTF 0
#define HAVE_ROUNDF 0

change to 1

my approach is to have only one ffmpeg.so, not separate 4 lib

Best,
Luyen,

elik

Nov 26, 2010, 5:20:07 AM11/26/10
to android-ndk
I'm trying to run the ffmpeg's configure on win/cygwin.

i'm running this:
#!/bin/bash

PREBUILT=/cygdrive/c/software/android-ndk-r4b/build/prebuilt/windows/
arm-eabi-4.4.0
PLATFORM=/cygdrive/c/software/android-ndk-r4b/platforms/android-8/arch-
arm

./configure --target-os=linux \
--arch=arm \
--enable-version3 \
--enable-gpl \
--enable-nonfree \
--disable-stripping \
--disable-ffmpeg \
--disable-ffplay \
--disable-ffserver \
--disable-ffprobe \
--disable-encoders \
--disable-muxers \
--disable-devices \
--disable-protocols \
--enable-protocol=file \
--enable-avfilter \
--disable-network \
--disable-mpegaudio-hp \
--disable-avdevice \
--enable-cross-compile \
--cc=$PREBUILT/bin/arm-eabi-gcc \
--cross-prefix=$PREBUILT/bin/arm-eabi- \
--nm=$PREBUILT/bin/arm-eabi-nm \
--extra-cflags="-fPIC -DANDROID" \
--disable-asm \
--enable-neon \
--enable-armv5te \
--extra-ldflags="-Wl,-T,$PREBUILT/arm-eabi/lib/ldscripts/armelf.x -
Wl,-rpath-link=$PLATFORM/usr/lib -L$PLATFORM/usr/lib -static -nostdlib
$PREBUILT/lib/gcc/arm-eabi/4.4.0/crtbegin.o $PREBUILT/lib/gcc/arm-eabi/
4.4.0/crtend.o -lc -lm -ldl"

And keep getting:

/cygdrive/c/software/android-ndk-r4b/build/prebuilt/windows/arm-
eabi-4.4.0/bin/arm-eabi-gcc is unable to create an executable file.
C compiler test failed.

looking at config.log I see this:
/cygdrive/c/software/android-ndk-r4b/build/prebuilt/windows/arm-
eabi-4.4.0/bin/arm-eabi-gcc -fPIC -DANDROID -c -o /tmp/ffconf.
3i03nlrj.o /tmp/ffconf.huMAmo08.c
/cygdrive/c/software/android-ndk-r4b/build/prebuilt/windows/arm-
eabi-4.4.0/bin/arm-eabi-gcc -Wl,-T,/cygdrive/c/software/android-ndk-
r4b/build/prebuilt/windows/arm-eabi-4.4.0/arm-eabi/lib/ldscripts/
armelf.x -Wl,-rpath-link=/cygdrive/c/software/android-ndk-r4b/
platforms/android-8/arch-arm/usr/lib -L/cygdrive/c/software/android-
ndk-r4b/platforms/android-8/arch-arm/usr/lib -static -nostdlib /
cygdrive/c/software/android-ndk-r4b/build/prebuilt/windows/arm-
eabi-4.4.0/lib/gcc/arm-eabi/4.4.0/crtbegin.o /cygdrive/c/software/
android-ndk-r4b/build/prebuilt/windows/arm-eabi-4.4.0/lib/gcc/arm-eabi/
4.4.0/crtend.o -lc -lm -ldl -o /tmp/ffconf.ZvvUZpo6 /tmp/ffconf.
3i03nlrj.o
/cygdrive/c/software/android-ndk-r4b/build/prebuilt/windows/arm-
eabi-4.4.0/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-eabi/4.4.0/../../../../arm-eabi/bin/ld:
cannot find -lc
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
C compiler test failed.

What am I missing here?

Thanks
Eli

Olivier Guilyardi

Nov 26, 2010, 5:55:43 AM11/26/10
to andro...@googlegroups.com
On 11/26/2010 11:20 AM, elik wrote:
> I'm trying to run the ffmpeg's configure on win/cygwin.

[...]

> What am I missing here?

Frankly, it won't necessary solve this problem, but you'd make your life easier
by working on Linux when trying to compile something as complex as ffmpeg.

--
Olivier

Eli Konky

Nov 26, 2010, 6:10:35 AM11/26/10
to andro...@googlegroups.com

Im having the same issue on ubunto actually...

But what do you mean when you say i dont need to solve this? How can ffmpeg be compiled without it?

Eli Konky

Nov 26, 2010, 6:16:47 AM11/26/10
to andro...@googlegroups.com
maybe you mean I can just comment out the compiler test?

Olivier Guilyardi

Nov 26, 2010, 6:28:55 AM11/26/10
to andro...@googlegroups.com
Well, what seems to happen here is that the configure script compiles something
and tries to run it. And that fails of course since it compiles for arm and
you're on x86.

Some "compiler tests" which only check if a given option is accepted, or similar
stuff, should pass, but if the test requires running an executable, that can
only fail, unless you're compiling on arm...

So you may need to tweak configure yes.

Olivier

On 11/26/2010 12:16 PM, Eli Konky wrote:
> maybe you mean I can just comment out the compiler test?
>
> On Fri, Nov 26, 2010 at 1:10 PM, Eli Konky <eli....@gmail.com
> <mailto:eli....@gmail.com>> wrote:
>
> Im having the same issue on ubunto actually...
>
> But what do you mean when you say i dont need to solve this? How can
> ffmpeg be compiled without it?
>
> On Nov 26, 2010 12:55 PM, "Olivier Guilyardi" <li...@samalyse.com

> <mailto:li...@samalyse.com>> wrote:
> > On 11/26/2010 11:20 AM, elik wrote:
> >> I'm trying to run the ffmpeg's configure on win/cygwin.
> >
> > [...]
> >
> >> What am I missing here?
> >
> > Frankly, it won't necessary solve this problem, but you'd make
> your life easier
> > by working on Linux when trying to compile something as complex as
> ffmpeg.
> >
> > --
> > Olivier
> >
> > --
> android-ndk...@googlegroups.com

> <mailto:android-ndk%2Bunsu...@googlegroups.com>.

Olivier Guilyardi

Nov 26, 2010, 7:01:36 AM11/26/10
to andro...@googlegroups.com
Oh wait, I might be wrong here... Did you try and set your path before running
configure? With something like:

PREBUILT=/cygdrive/c/software/android-ndk-r4b/build/prebuilt/windows/arm-eabi-4.4.0

export PATH=$PREBUILT/bin:$PATH

Olivier

elik

Nov 26, 2010, 7:14:22 AM11/26/10
to android-ndk
just tried it. same outcome.

On Nov 26, 2:01 pm, Olivier Guilyardi <l...@samalyse.com> wrote:
> Oh wait, I might be wrong here... Did you try and set your path before running
> configure? With something like:
>
> PREBUILT=/cygdrive/c/software/android-ndk-r4b/build/prebuilt/windows/arm-eabi-4.4.0
>
> export PATH=$PREBUILT/bin:$PATH
>
> Olivier
>
> On 11/26/2010 12:28 PM, Olivier Guilyardi wrote:
>
> > Well, what seems to happen here is that the configure script compiles something
> > and tries to run it. And that fails of course since it compiles for arm and
> > you're on x86.
>
> > Some "compiler tests" which only check if a given option is accepted, or similar
> > stuff, should pass, but if the test requires running an executable, that can
> > only fail, unless you're compiling on arm...
>
> > So you may need to tweak configure yes.
>
> > Olivier
>
> > On 11/26/2010 12:16 PM, Eli Konky wrote:
> >> maybe you mean I can just comment out the compiler test?
>
> >> On Fri, Nov 26, 2010 at 1:10 PM, Eli Konky <eli.ko...@gmail.com
> >> <mailto:eli.ko...@gmail.com>> wrote:
>
> >>     Im having the same issue on ubunto actually...
>
> >>     But what do you mean when you say i dont need to solve this? How can
> >>     ffmpeg be compiled without it?
>
> >>     On Nov 26, 2010 12:55 PM, "Olivier Guilyardi" <l...@samalyse.com

Olivier Guilyardi

Nov 26, 2010, 8:00:59 AM11/26/10
to andro...@googlegroups.com
I'm not very well awaken today, I read your post a bit fast..

you set:

> --extra-ldflags="-Wl,-T,$PREBUILT/arm-eabi/lib/ldscripts/armelf.x -
> Wl,-rpath-link=$PLATFORM/usr/lib -L$PLATFORM/usr/lib -static -nostdlib
> $PREBUILT/lib/gcc/arm-eabi/4.4.0/crtbegin.o $PREBUILT/lib/gcc/arm-eabi/
> 4.4.0/crtend.o -lc -lm -ldl"

and then you get:

> /cygdrive/c/software/android-ndk-r4b/build/prebuilt/windows/arm-
> eabi-4.4.0/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-eabi/4.4.0/../../../../arm-eabi/bin/ld:
> cannot find -lc

There's something wrong with your flags.

Not sure how to link with Android's libc, Bionic, I can't really help some more.
And anyway, although I usually use configure scripts to generate config.h,
etc.., I always write an Android.mk and use ndk-build for compiling.

But ffmpeg is a complex source tree..

Olivier

Igor R

Nov 26, 2010, 8:02:34 AM11/26/10
to andro...@googlegroups.com

Robot Ijo

Nov 28, 2010, 1:25:18 AM11/28/10
to andro...@googlegroups.com

Btw, why did you --disable-network ? Is ffmpeg can't work with network
in android ?

Thanks

Eli Konky

Nov 29, 2010, 2:21:52 PM11/29/10
to andro...@googlegroups.com
I just don't need network.

rekha.ni...@gmail.com

Feb 21, 2014, 12:01:41 AM2/21/14
to andro...@googlegroups.com, kiranb...@gmail.com
Hi Kiran

We are porting libomxil-bellagio and ffmpeg for video codec. Able to build bellagio IL , and ffmpeg as a separate shared libs.
right now we are trying to build ffmpg-dist to use ffmpeg codec.But our lib haviing hidden visibility, due to that we are unable to export the library entrypoint functions.
Can you please share your Android.mk to builf ffmpeg component for bellagio IL.

Thanks,
Rekha Devi

Sunil Kumar

David Whittaker

Sep 15, 2010, 2:58:18 PM9/15/10
to andro...@googlegroups.com
I've got a standard NDK project I'm working on to port FFMpeg 0.6,
including all neon and arm extensions that are available. As soon as
I get the player working, I'll post it. I just have to work out the
packet queueing routine to sync the audio and video. The first
iteration is basically porting FFPlay, since it relies on all the code
that is absolutely necessary for video output. I'm using a GLES 2.0
surface for the video, putting raw YUV data in a grayscale bitmap and
letting the fragment shader convert it to RGB and scale it (replacing
swscale), and doing JNI calls to the AudioTrack object for audio. My
first attempt was a single-threaded approach, but it turned out that,
at least in my test video, the audio packets show up only after
several frames of video. Combine that with the fact that AudioTrack
doesn't start playing until its buffer is full, and the audio stayed a
few seconds behind the video. This method did manage to maintain
about 20fps on my overclocked (800Mhz) Droid, though. Skipping B
frames and sometimes only decoding reference frames keeps the video
running relatively smoothly.

I'm trying to decide between two approaches to fix the audio sync
issues: the first is keeping it single-threaded, but having a big
queue of video packets, and any time the audio buffer gets below half
full or the video packet buffer empties, read from the file until I've
read enough audio packets to refill the audio buffer, then continue
with the queue of video packets. Under the assumption that video and
audio packets for the same point in time are relatively close together
in the file, the video packet queue should not get very large (as long
as my audio buffer is small enough - but not too small).

The second approach is a 4-threaded approach. Have one thread that
just grabs packets from the file and inserts them into the audio or
video packet queue. When the smallest queue is above a certain size,
it will sleep for some milliseconds. Then have a video thread that
pulls packets from the video packet queue, decodes them, and puts them
on a frame queue. Another audio thread will pull from the audio queue
and insert into the AudioTrack buffer, sleeping for a few milliseconds
whenever it fills up the buffer. And the main thread from the
application will pull frames from the frame queue, upload the data to
a texture, and display the texture on the screen. This 4-thread
approach allows video decoding to happen in a separate thread from the
video rendering, which allows it to continue to utilize the processor
side of the SoC while the GPU side is crunching away at the texture,
all while allowing the audio thread to keep the AudioTrack buffer fed
and the load thread to keep the bus from memory busy. I could
probably combine the load and audio threads, since I anticipate audio
decoding and buffering to take a relatively small amount of time, and
that will fit nicely into new processors coming out this Christmas
(dual core + gpu -> video core, audio/load core, gpu display threads).

I hope there aren't any video formats that put all the audio at the
end. That doesn't seem to mesh with ffmpeg's api anyway, so I'm
considering those an outlier that the program just won't handle.
Under the assumption that the GPU driver queues all the GPU commands
then returns immediately, the single-threaded approach may actually be
faster on current hardware. It's obvious that the multi-threaded
approach will be required for next-gen devices. However, my initial
exploration into android multi-threading seems to show that Android's
threading implementation is of the variety "run the current thread
until it sleeps, then run the next one" (I decoded four full frames -
the size of my frame queue - in my decode thread before the render
thread was even given a chance to access the frame queue). So you
don't really get any timeslicing like I was hoping. I may just have
to scatter sleep(1)'s all through the code to yeild the processor and
keep everything running.

Since my end goal is to develop a simple NLE for Android, I'll need
the power of the second processor if available for the real-time
preview, and definitely to keep the length of the final encoding as
short as possible, but I can get some of that from just putting
separate videos in separate threads when compositing is required.
Either way, I hope to have a simple FFPlay app running in the next
week or so.

David

kiran

Sep 16, 2010, 3:26:08 AM9/16/10
to andro...@googlegroups.com
You can easily port ffmpeg to android by writing the Android.mk file for ffmpeg-0.6 with neon and vfp optimization enabled, if you want to use the ffmpeg as codec engine  for Android media framework, then there is a libomxil-belliago interface layer which internally uses  ffmpeg as the decoder for h.264 and mpeg4. You can easily  integrate the libomxil-belliago as an openmax codec for stagefright android framework, then stagefright will use ffmpeg ffor decoding the h.264 and mpeg4 including while playing mp4 file and streaming youtube videos.
Regards
Kiran
On Thu, S 16, 2010 at 9:06 AM, Ganesh B M S <ganes...@gmail.com> wrote:
which excutable and which static libraries..? i am not getting........??

Regards,
Ganesh

Sunil Kumar

Sep 16, 2010, 8:07:59 AM9/16/10
to andro...@googlegroups.com
Thanks all for your precious replies.

Thorbjørn Vynne

Oct 15, 2010, 6:37:02 AM10/15/10
to android-ndk

survivant

Oct 16, 2010, 8:49:57 AM10/16/10
to android-ndk
I'm really interest in that too. I wanted to compile it for Android
over a month.. but no one response to me yet. Lot of people are able
to do it, but they didn't post the solution here :(

Zoran Angelov

Oct 16, 2010, 4:38:02 PM10/16/10
to andro...@googlegroups.com

Hi,
I've successfuly built ffmpeg using this step by step guide:
http://abitno.me/compile-ffmpeg-android-ndk

On 15 oct, 06:37, Thorbjørn Vynne <thorbjorn.vy...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Kiran
>

> I can see from ...

survivant

Oct 17, 2010, 9:08:53 AM10/17/10
to android-ndk
I try that one, but it didn<T work for me. Are you on Windows 7 ?
(I'm).

with this solution, will I be able to get the audio library .so too ?
for now I oly need the audio libraries.

I could try with Ubuntu.

could you put the modify files on .mk on a git repository ?

On 16 oct, 16:38, Zoran Angelov <bald...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> I've successfuly built ffmpeg using this step by step guide:http://abitno.me/compile-ffmpeg-android-ndk

Zoran Angelov

Oct 17, 2010, 10:05:36 AM10/17/10
to andro...@googlegroups.com
Yes , i'm on windows 7 (32-bit), i'was using crystax NDK (http://www.crystax.net/android/ndk-r4.php#download) and cygwin. I think it will work with regular NDK too.

Attached is my modifications od ffmpeg.

After build completes you will get these libraries under obj/local/armeabi:
libavcodec.a
libavformat.a
libavutil.a
libffmpeg.so
libpostproc.a
libswscale.a

Platform dependent code is not build (libavdevice).

Troubles that i met were editing of files (you need editor with unix style "end of line") i used nano under cygwin.
Pay attention on paths , do not use windows like directories in config.sh.
Replace "#define restrict restrict" with "#define restrict" in config.h before invoking ndk-build (this file is generated by configure/config.sh script).

The guide in chineese was under linux.

jni.zip

kiran

kiran

Thorbjørn Vynne

Oct 18, 2010, 3:40:24 AM10/18/10
to android-ndk
Hi Kiran

That's great I'll have a look at that. Will probably come back with
more questions later...

Will post my progress as well...

Best regards

Thor

On 18 Okt., 06:57, kiran <kiranbhat2...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi
>     i integrated the ffmpeg to stagefright framework through the following
> mechanism
>        There is libomxil-Bellagio interface library(http://omxil.sourceforge.net/news.html)  which provides openmax-IL layer
> using ffmpeg decoder as a codec engine, Since any codec which implements the
> openmax-il layer can be easily be integrated to the stagefright framework.
>            You need to create libstagefrighthw library using the
> OMXPluginBase structure,ti-omap3 provides an example for stagefright the
> code example is in hardware/ti/omap3/libstagefrighthw.
>            if you implement using this method one advantage is that the
> youtube streaming and any mp4 streaming and standalone playing stagefright
> framework will take care of playing using ffmpeg.
>
> regards
> Kiran
>
> On Mon, Oct 18, 2010 at 10:06 AM, kiran <kiranbhat2...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Right now i do not have the git repository, but i can guide in porting
> > ffmpeg to stagefright i will provide you the Android.mk file for ffmpeg and
> > libomxil-bealligo and the modification done to libomxil-bealligo and
> > creating vendor specfic libstagefright hardware and libOMXCore for ffmpeg.
> > Regards
> > Kiran
>
> > On Fri, Oct 15, 2010 at 4:07 PM, Thorbjørn Vynne <
> > thorbjorn.vy...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> >> Hi Kiran
>
> >> I can see from one of the other threads that you have already
> >> completed this work and think about creating more demuxer for
> >> stagefright. Really nice work !! Do you have a git repository that
> >> makes this available somewhere? I would really like to mess around
> >> with this.
>
> >> Best regards
> >> Thor
>
> >> --
> >> .

kiran

Oct 18, 2010, 4:05:30 AM10/18/10
to andro...@googlegroups.com
Sure, any time
Regards
Kiran

Ngo Van Luyen

Thorbjørn Vynne

Oct 18, 2010, 8:51:43 AM10/18/10
to android-ndk
Hi Kiran

Got a better overview of things now. I've already got latest ffmpeg
compiling, but did you say you could share the Android.mk make files
for libomxil-bellagio + changes to the latter?

Best regards

Thor

kiran

Ngo Van Luyen