How to change Emulator IP address?

Riasat Abir

Apr 20, 2011, 2:29:03 AM4/20/11
to andro...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I want to if its possible to change Emulator ip address?
Mine gets a 10.0.2.15 ip in all emulator, I need to set up different ip in different emualtor.
How to change it?

Regards,
Riasat

Giang Pham

Apr 20, 2011, 2:52:52 AM4/20/11
to andro...@googlegroups.com

Hi,

It is impossible to change IP address of emulator. Each emulator is in one private network. The ip address 10.0.2.15 is only the private network, and host identify each emulator with one different port from others.

For example, you turn on 2 emulator, then host will connect to emulator 1 with port 5554, to emulator 2 with port 5555. These 2 emulator still has its IP address 10.0.2.15

More info here http://developer.android.com/guide/developing/devices/emulator.html#emulatornetworking

image001.png

Riasat Abir

Apr 20, 2011, 2:55:35 AM4/20/11
to andro...@googlegroups.com
Thanks a log Giang for the information.

Regards,
Riasat
--

HimHim

Zeki Gulser

Apr 16, 2020, 3:08:21 PM4/16/20
to android-ndk
Hello,

I like the graph you posted :). But it seems a bit vague for me still.

First of all, what does "10.0.2.2" stand for exactly? Is it the IP of the virtual router or an IP used for sth by the virtual router?

Secondly, does "127.0.0.1:5554" define the emulator connection of the host side? If so, shouldn't it be "10.0.2.2:5554" instead?

Many thanks in advance

Pete Bentley

Apr 16, 2020, 6:32:19 PM4/16/20
to andro...@googlegroups.com
The emulator networking guide suggests "no":

Note that the same address assignments are used by all running emulator instances. That means that if you have two instances running concurrently on your machine, each will have its own router and, behind that, each will have an IP address of 10.0.2.15. The instances are isolated by a router and can not see each other on the same network. For information about how to let emulator instances communicate over TCP/UDP, see Interconnecting Emulator Instances.

And the Interconnecting section is about setting up port-level redirects via the emulator console.

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/android-ndk/ba850512-5e80-4ec5-86d8-c11bb1216bbe%40googlegroups.com.