wingray defconfig

JF Dionne

Mar 24, 2012, 9:00:01 PM3/24/12
to android...@googlegroups.com
Hi

I am trying to build the android kernel for the wingray.

I cloned the repository and I'm trying to build the kernel on the 2.6.39 branch for ics4.0.3

My problem is that there is 2 defconfig files : tegra_defconfig and tegra_android_defconfig

And none of them compiles.

Any one ran into these issues???

Thanks in advance

JF

Jeremy Morales

Mar 24, 2012, 9:04:14 PM3/24/12
to android...@googlegroups.com
How did you do the build?
1) "make ARCH=arm tegra_android_defconfig"
2) "Make ARCH=arm CROSS_COMPILE=your_compiler_here"

Jeremy Morales

Mar 24, 2012, 9:04:59 PM3/24/12
to android...@googlegroups.com

JF Dionne

Apr 2, 2012, 11:35:32 AM4/2/12
to android...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Giveen for your help
 but I get multiple errors in board-ventana.c Do you know if that file is even needed??

Thanks

JF Dionne

Apr 2, 2012, 11:37:20 AM4/2/12
to android...@googlegroups.com
Yes this is exactly what I did

JF Dionne

Apr 2, 2012, 12:47:58 PM4/2/12
to android...@googlegroups.com
Actually it seems android_composite.h is missing from the branch??

Jeremy Morales

Apr 2, 2012, 2:10:26 PM4/2/12
to android...@googlegroups.com
Find a copy of it, and add it to the appropriate directory. Make sure the library is from a matching kernel version.

JF Dionne

Apr 2, 2012, 3:16:11 PM4/2/12
to android...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Giveen,

Did you managed to get it to work?? I still have issues building it....

arch/arm/mach-tegra/board-ventana.c:209: error: 'pmu_device' undeclared here (not in a function)
arch/arm/mach-tegra/board-ventana.c: In function 'tegra_ventana_init':
arch/arm/mach-tegra/board-ventana.c:250: error: implicit declaration of function 'tegra_common_init'
arch/arm/mach-tegra/board-ventana.c: At top level:
arch/arm/mach-tegra/board-ventana.c:268: error: unknown field 'phys_io' specified in initializer
arch/arm/mach-tegra/board-ventana.c:269: error: unknown field 'io_pg_offst' specified in initializer
make[1]: *** [arch/arm/mach-tegra/board-ventana.o] Error 1

JF Dionne

Apr 2, 2012, 3:33:31 PM4/2/12
to android...@googlegroups.com
also, will the stringray defconfig work on my wingray???

Jeremy Morales

Apr 2, 2012, 3:35:13 PM4/2/12
to android...@googlegroups.com
Honestly, I would suggest grabbing Tiamats kernel as its more well put together.
http://git.tiamat-dev.com/tegra2/tiamat-xoom/

Jean-Francois Blanchard-Dionne

Apr 2, 2012, 4:14:36 PM4/2/12
to android...@googlegroups.com
Really??

So this is a "supported device" for AOSP and we can't get the kernel to build ???

Jeremy Morales

Apr 2, 2012, 4:16:47 PM4/2/12
to android...@googlegroups.com
Welcome to the world of Tegra. I can never get AOSP to compile. I generally have to work another way. For Wingray/StingRay, I go for Tiamat's.
Tegra kernel comes from Nvidia and there are a pain to pry information out of.

On Mon, Apr 2, 2012 at 2:14 PM, Jean-Francois Blanchard-Dionne <jeanfra...@gmail.com> wrote:
Really??

So this is a "supported device" for AOSP and we can't get the kernel to build ???

Chris Trotman

Apr 2, 2012, 7:13:21 PM4/2/12
to android...@googlegroups.com
I have never had any issues with getting the AOSP kernel to compile.

Simply use the stingray default config. This goes for the Tiamat kernel (which I also maintain).

To build the wingray/stingray kernels, I always do

ARCH=arm make mrproper
ARCH=arm make stingray_defconfig
ARCH=arm CROSS_COMPILE=path/to/aosp/prebuilt/arm-eabi-4.4.3/bin/arm-eabi make

The stingray configuration file works on the wingray device as well.

JF Dionne

Apr 2, 2012, 9:13:47 PM4/2/12
to android...@googlegroups.com
Thanks will give it a try

JF

Jeremy Morales

Apr 2, 2012, 9:18:54 PM4/2/12
to android...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Chris for clearing that up. I build for Streak 7 and Dell doesn't provide much support so I struggle to get kernels to build, so does my main developer.