Re: Should we spend more time on reviewing the fixs before shipped a release

Jean-Baptiste Queru

Sep 26, 2012, 12:20:06 PM9/26/12
to android...@googlegroups.com
4.1.1_r6 / JRO03R is just a tiny variant of JRO03, which is a build
from July 3, i.e. it just contains highly targeted fixes that were
meant to allow shipping 4.1.1 on a specific flagship device (in the
specific case of JRO03R, that was Nexus S 4G).

Merging AOSP changes there would be impractical, it would be too
destabilizing, it would cause too much drift between builds like
JRO03C and JRO03R. That's why AOSP changes are merged downstream from
jb-dev. That way, we can have a branch like jb-dev that is stable
enough to prepare builds like JRO03R, without having to freeze the
flow of AOSP contributions.

JBQ

--
Jean-Baptiste M. "JBQ" Queru
Technical Lead, Android Open Source Project, Google.

warning.