Binaries for JZO54K

Jean-Baptiste Queru

Oct 10, 2012, 3:36:02 PM10/10/12
to android-...@googlegroups.com
I've published a full set of proprietary binaries to use with JZO54K,
at the usual location:
https://developers.google.com/android/nexus/drivers

You'll also find the factory images for nakasi and takju at
https://developers.google.com/android/nexus/images (those are Nexus 7
and the Galaxy Nexus sold through Google Play). Other devices will
follow as they receive their respective updates.

JBQ

--
Jean-Baptiste M. "JBQ" Queru
Technical Lead, Android Open Source Project, Google.

warning.

Jean-Baptiste Queru

Oct 11, 2012, 8:38:58 AM10/11/12
to android-...@googlegroups.com
yakju requires additional approvals, so its OTA hasn't started yet.

JBQ

On Wed, Oct 10, 2012 at 7:48 PM, blunden <blun...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm surprised yakju didn't arrive at the same time as takju. Not really an
> issue though other than not having the yakju build.prop.
>
> Great work, as always!

Jean-Baptiste Queru

Oct 11, 2012, 1:42:48 PM10/11/12
to android-...@googlegroups.com
Rotation and camera don't work and have never worked in AOSP builds.
They require proprietary files that I can't distribute.

The functional features are listed at
https://source.android.com/source/building-devices.html

JBQ

On Thu, Oct 11, 2012 at 9:44 AM, Angelo S <androidus...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Having a problem with the new binaries for the Nexus7. When JZO54K was first
> posted to AOSP, I synced, downloaded the current binaries at the time and
> made my build. Rotation, camera and everything else worked properly. Then
> the new binaries were released. I downloaded and extracted them into my
> build folder and now rotation nor camera works.
>
> Going to do some troubleshooting now but was just curious if anyone else ran
> into the same issues.
>
> I can post a link to my working and non working build if it would be any
> help.
> Thanks!

Jean-Baptiste Queru

Oct 11, 2012, 4:20:54 PM10/11/12
to android-...@googlegroups.com
That only works if you actually have the binaries that can talk to the
sensors, and no such binaries are licensed for use with AOSP.

JBQ

On Thu, Oct 11, 2012 at 1:15 PM, simms22 <seme...@gmail.com> wrote:
> add this line to your build.prop to get autorotation in your grouper home
> screens launcher.force_enable_rotation=true
>

> On Thursday, October 11, 2012 12:44:33 PM UTC-4, Angelo S wrote:
>>
>> Having a problem with the new binaries for the Nexus7. When JZO54K was
>> first posted to AOSP, I synced, downloaded the current binaries at the time
>> and made my build. Rotation, camera and everything else worked properly.
>> Then the new binaries were released. I downloaded and extracted them into my
>> build folder and now rotation nor camera works.
>>
>> Going to do some troubleshooting now but was just curious if anyone else
>> ran into the same issues.
>>
>> I can post a link to my working and non working build if it would be any
>> help.
>> Thanks!
>>
>> On Wednesday, October 10, 2012 3:36:28 PM UTC-4, Jean-Baptiste Queru
>> wrote:

Jean-Baptiste Queru

Nov 26, 2012, 12:12:05 PM11/26/12
to android-...@googlegroups.com
The camera isn't working on AOSP builds Galaxy Nexus. It's not
mentioned on the list of functional peripherals at
https://source.android.com/source/building-devices.html.

JBQ