Android 5.0 Lollipop Released

Bill Yi

Nov 4, 2014, 12:58:43 PM11/4/14
to android-...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

Builds for Android 5.0 have been released.

The following are the builds, tags, and devices supported:
- LRX21M, android-5.0.0_r2, Nexus Player fugu
- LRX21L,  android-5.0.0_r1, Nexus 9 volantis

Additional devices support are coming soon.

Thanks!

bill

Bill Yi

Nov 4, 2014, 1:04:48 PM11/4/14
to android-...@googlegroups.com
Android 5.0 Lollipop will be merged to the master branch in a few days.

You can learn more about the Android 5.0 Lollipop release and features

bill

Karim Yaghmour

Nov 4, 2014, 1:32:45 PM11/4/14
to android-...@googlegroups.com

AWESOME!

Thanks,

--
Karim Yaghmour
CEO - Opersys inc. / www.opersys.com
> --
> --
>
> ---
> Groups "Android Building" group.
> an email to android-buildi...@googlegroups.com
> <mailto:android-buildi...@googlegroups.com>.

Al Sutton

Nov 4, 2014, 1:32:44 PM11/4/14
to android-...@googlegroups.com
Nice work guys.

Thanks :).

--
Al Sutton
Funky Android Ltd.

The views expressed in this email are those of the author and not necessarily those of Funky Android Limited, it's associates, or it's subsidiaries.

---

Christopher Price

Nov 4, 2014, 1:39:15 PM11/4/14
to android-...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Bill, I just successfully synced it. Looks like it is now fully pushed.

Christopher Price

Stuart Small

Nov 4, 2014, 2:07:43 PM11/4/14
to android-...@googlegroups.com
Looking forward to digging through it.  Thanks :)

Anson Sequeira

Nov 4, 2014, 3:24:57 PM11/4/14
to android-...@googlegroups.com
Wonderful news

Bill Yi

Nov 4, 2014, 4:39:44 PM11/4/14
to android-...@googlegroups.com
The factory image for Nexus 9 volantis is available at:

bill

robbetto

Nov 4, 2014, 5:43:16 PM11/4/14
to android-...@googlegroups.com
Thank you guys!!!

R.

vishalm

Nov 4, 2014, 8:45:36 PM11/4/14
to android-...@googlegroups.com
Can lollipop-release branch be considered the latest for development for all platforms?

Paul Beeler

Nov 4, 2014, 9:43:52 PM11/4/14
to android-...@googlegroups.com
I'm not sure I would build the platform for specific devices until the nexus binaries have been updated.  You could try kitkat binaries but I would not recommend it.  It could cause unforeseen bugs and possible no boot.

Bill Yi

Nov 4, 2014, 10:20:15 PM11/4/14
to android-...@googlegroups.com
The factory image for Fugu (Nexus Player) is available for download.

Proprietary Binaries are also available for Fugu.  No proprietary binaries are needed for Volantis. The proprietary vendor binaries are on a separate 'vendor' partition, which is flashed with the factory image update, should not change for AOSP development builds (only boot, recovery, and system partitions need to be updated).

bill

Message has been deleted

trevd

Nov 4, 2014, 11:18:15 PM11/4/14
to android-...@googlegroups.com
For those who really can't wait :)

The Kitkat Binaries for the 2012 Nexus 7 are okay and result in a successful boot after a little fixup of the keymaster.grouper project. This also had to be done to build master for about a year now so no change
The manta binaries ( both kitkat and preview blob ) seem very broken and fail to initialize GLES,

Thanks
trevd

shmuel ungerfeld

Nov 5, 2014, 12:14:57 PM11/5/14
to android-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Bill,

What kernel source tree can I use for Nexus7 (grouper) with Lollipop?
i need to incorporate my own drivers, as part of my development.

I did get the "tegra" kernel git, but it does not include any Lollipop branch.

Thank you,
Shmuel Ungerfeld
NXP Semiconductor

john oliver

Nov 5, 2014, 1:06:40 PM11/5/14
to android-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Trevd, I'd really appreciate it if you could give some pointers to what you needed to fixup in keymaster.grouper to get Lollipop working on Grouper with the KitKat binaries.
Cheers,
johno

Bill Yi

Nov 5, 2014, 1:30:41 PM11/5/14
to android-...@googlegroups.com
Coming soon.

bill

Bill Yi

Nov 5, 2014, 2:23:52 PM11/5/14
to android-...@googlegroups.com
We pushed two kernel projects for lollipop release.

For Nexus 9 (volantis), the kernel source can be found on android-tegra-flounder-3.10-lollipop-release branch in the kernel/tegra project. It has the following tags:
android-5.0.0_r0.1 first release
android-5.0.0_r0.3 update #1

For Nexus Player (fugu), the kernel source can be found on android-x86_64-fugu-3.10-lollipop-release branch in the kernel/x86_64 project. It has the following tags:
android-5.0.0_r0.2 first release
android-5.0.0_r0.4 update #1

bill

Stephen Smalley

Nov 5, 2014, 3:14:54 PM11/5/14
to android-...@googlegroups.com
You are more likely to have success with the binaries preview for Nexus
devices,
https://developers.google.com/android/nexus/blobs-preview

Those worked for me on several Nexus devices (4, 5, 7 [2013], 10) with
android-5.0.0_r1. Obviously not officially supported and you shouldn't
use them once official ones become available, but more likely to work
than the KitKat binaries.

PeterK

Nov 5, 2014, 5:41:14 PM11/5/14
to android-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Bill,

Small typo I think in the Build Numbers page ( http://source.android.com/source/build-numbers.html ) Lollipop\5.0 is API level 21 (not 20 as shown in the table). Maybe you know who at Google to pass this on to.

Cheers!

Pete.

Bill Yi

Nov 5, 2014, 6:57:49 PM11/5/14
to android-...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Pete. It's updated.

bill

Andrew Bartholomew

Nov 5, 2014, 8:17:43 PM11/5/14
to android-...@googlegroups.com
I noticed lollipop-release still hasn't been pushed for manifest and possibly some others. Any estimated time when this will be done? Is it waiting for all the device trees to be ready?

Robin Wang

Nov 5, 2014, 10:10:49 PM11/5/14
to android-...@googlegroups.com
Then who is API 20? Android Wear?

Glenn Kasten

Nov 5, 2014, 11:09:59 PM11/5/14
to android-...@googlegroups.com

PeterK

Nov 5, 2014, 11:13:02 PM11/5/14
to android-...@googlegroups.com
Android 4.4W (wearables) is API 20.

Pete.

Robin Wang

Nov 6, 2014, 1:48:38 AM11/6/14
to android-...@googlegroups.com
Android 4.4W is not fully open source?

Adrien Grassein

Nov 6, 2014, 10:16:42 AM11/6/14
to android-...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

I have a problem for uploading change for this release.

In fact, there is a build problem with the project platform/bootable/recovery for some platform.
I patch this issue but I can't upload it to perform a review.
(The manifest for android-5.0.0_r2 does not contain a review remote).

Should I checkout the lollipop-dev branch?
Can someone help me?

Thanks,
Adrien

Christopher Price

Nov 6, 2014, 1:21:34 PM11/6/14
to android-...@googlegroups.com
I haven’t done it yet but I do see 4.4W now in AOSP repo.

Google said awhile back that the 4.4W platform push would happen around/during the 5.0 push - so it wasn’t open source… but it is now!

Christopher Price

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "Android Building" group.

Conley Owens

Nov 6, 2014, 1:39:40 PM11/6/14
to android-...@googlegroups.com
> I have a problem for uploading change for this release.

We don't accept changes to the release branches. We plan on pushing
all the new L changes to AOSP master soon and you will be able to send
your fix there.

trevd

Nov 6, 2014, 6:39:46 PM11/6/14
to android-...@googlegroups.com
Hi John

If you haven't already worked it out ( and for others :) )  change line 39 in vendor/nvidia/grouper/keymaster/keymaster_grouper.cpp from "#include <utils/UniquePtr.h>" to "#include <nativehelper/UniquePtr.h>"

Hope that Helps

Bill Yi

Nov 6, 2014, 7:29:08 PM11/6/14
to android-...@googlegroups.com
We plan to merge/push lollipop-dev to AOSP master today. We will update the manifest afterwards.

Thanks!

bill

Bill Yi

Nov 6, 2014, 11:37:41 PM11/6/14
to android-...@googlegroups.com
The merge/push to AOSP master has been completed.

bill

Adrien Grassein

Nov 7, 2014, 9:53:57 AM11/7/14
to android-...@googlegroups.com
Thank you :)

john oliver

Nov 7, 2014, 1:20:53 PM11/7/14
to android-...@googlegroups.com
Many thanks trend!

Avelino Alicea

Nov 7, 2014, 5:48:34 PM11/7/14
to android-...@googlegroups.com
Is the Nexus 5 factory image going to be uploaded any time soon? :-(

Andrew Dodd

Nov 10, 2014, 1:49:27 PM11/10/14
to android-...@googlegroups.com
Speaking of kernel source:

Updated prebuilt kernel binaries for a number of devices including flo have been pushed.  The most recent flo binary was committed on October 14:

https://android.googlesource.com/device/asus/flo-kernel/+/308c8240af0c392f99fea928bb97a1a61d60de9f

The most recent source commit to a flo branch/tag was on August 16 to the android-msm-flo-3.4-l-preview: https://android.googlesource.com/kernel/msm/+/2dda0e5bdeb5a77ed4dab668b0ca93eae538a0cb

All evidence indicates that the most recently pushed flo source was NOT what was used to generate the most recent flo binaries.

What branch/tag was used to generate the binary that was pushed to the flo-kernel repository on October 14?

Bill Yi

Nov 12, 2014, 5:47:00 PM11/12/14
to android-...@googlegroups.com
Additional builds for Android 5.0 have been released.

The following are the builds, tags, and devices supported:
- LRX21O, android-5.0.0_r3 Nexus 5 (hammerhead)
- LRX21P, android-5.0.0_r4 Nexus 7 (flo/grouper), Nexus 10
- LRX21Q, android-5.0.0_r5 Nexus 9 (volantis)

The corresponding proprietary binaries are available at:

and factory images at:

bill

Bill Yi

Nov 13, 2014, 12:17:05 PM11/13/14
to android-...@googlegroups.com
We pushed additional kernel projects for lollipop release.

The following are the tags, projects, branches, and devices supported:
android-5.0.0_r0.5, kernel/msm, android-msm-hammerhead-3.4-lollipop-release, Nexus 5 (hammerhead)
android-5.0.0_r0.6, kernel/tegra, android-tegra3-grouper-3.1-lollipop-release, Nexus 7 (grouper)
android-5.0.0_r0.7, kernel/msm, android-msm-flo-3.4-lollipop-release, Nexus 7 (flo)
android-5.0.0_r0.9, kernel/exynos, android-exynos-manta-3.4-lollipop-release, Nexus 10
android-5.0.0_r0.10, kernel/tegra, android-tegra-flounder-3.10-lollipop-release, Nexus 9 (volantis)

bill

Stephen Smalley

Nov 13, 2014, 3:36:59 PM11/13/14
to android-...@googlegroups.com
Not seeing android-exynos-manta-3.4-lollipop-release as one of the
branches of:
https://android.googlesource.com/kernel/exynos

The tag is present though.

Bill Yi

Nov 13, 2014, 5:54:59 PM11/13/14
to android-...@googlegroups.com

Bill Yi

Nov 14, 2014, 5:01:53 PM11/14/14
to android-...@googlegroups.com
Builds for Nexus 4 Android 5.0 have been released.

The following are the builds, tags, and devices supported:
- LRX21T, android-5.0.0_r6 Nexus 4

Bill Yi

Nov 14, 2014, 7:21:59 PM11/14/14
to android-...@googlegroups.com
We pushed a kernel project for lollipop release.

The following are the tags, projects, branches, and devices supported:
android-5.0.0_r0.11, kernel/msm, android-msm-mako-3.4-lollipop-release, Nexus 4

bill

Stephen Smalley

Nov 17, 2014, 10:52:33 AM11/17/14
to android-...@googlegroups.com
drivers page appears to have a typo; says LRX20T instead of LRX21T.

Bill Yi

Nov 17, 2014, 12:18:21 PM11/17/14
to android-...@googlegroups.com
Fixed. thanks

bill

Y Wu

Nov 18, 2014, 3:07:44 PM11/18/14
to android-...@googlegroups.com
Is the kernel source for Nexus 6 on the pipeline? Thanks.

Bill Yi

Nov 18, 2014, 5:31:01 PM11/18/14
to android-...@googlegroups.com
We pushed a new build for Nexus 9 (volantis) with the following build and tag:
- LRX21R, android-5.0.0_r5.1

The corresponding factory image is available at:

bill

Bill Yi

Nov 19, 2014, 11:55:25 AM11/19/14
to android-...@googlegroups.com
We pushed an update for Nexus Player (fugu).

The following are the build and tag:
- LRX21V, android-5.0.0_r7

The corresponding proprietary binaries are available at:

and factory images at:

The kernel source can be found on android-x86_64-fugu-3.10-lollipop-release branch in the kernel/x86_64 project. It has the following tag:
android-5.0.0_r0.12 update #2

bill

Bill Yi

Nov 19, 2014, 5:45:30 PM11/19/14
to android-...@googlegroups.com
The factory image and device drivers for Nexus 6 shamu are available at:

bill

Anthony Fox

Nov 19, 2014, 6:25:37 PM11/19/14
to android-...@googlegroups.com

What about kernel source

Bill Yi

Nov 20, 2014, 12:54:52 PM11/20/14
to android-...@googlegroups.com
The kernel source for Nexus 6 shamu can be found on android-msm-shamu-3.10-lollipop-release branch in the kernel/msm project. It has the following tags:
android-5.0.0_r0.13 update #1
android-5.0.0_r0.14 update #2
android-5.0.0_r0.15 update #3

bill

nalds

Nov 20, 2014, 4:40:23 PM11/20/14
to android-...@googlegroups.com
I have built for sdk-eng but there are no tools directory in output products.
Where has it gone?

2014年11月21日金曜日 2時54分52秒 UTC+9 Bill Yi:

Mark Wigzell

Nov 24, 2014, 2:21:05 PM11/24/14
to android-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Bill, can u tell me what value to use for 'lunch' when building volantis using the LRX21R, android-5.0.0_r5.1 branch?
--Mark

Bill Yi

Nov 24, 2014, 4:53:59 PM11/24/14
to android-...@googlegroups.com
try
lunch aosp_flounder-userdebug

bill

nalds

Nov 24, 2014, 5:37:07 PM11/24/14
to android-...@googlegroups.com
Hi, Bill. Could you tell me how to build the emulator binary such as emulator and emulator64. I have tyied lunch sdk-eng, but it seems that there are no emulators. Thanks.

2014年11月20日木曜日 7時45分30秒 UTC+9 Bill Yi:

Fedor von Bock

Nov 27, 2014, 10:11:15 AM11/27/14
to android-...@googlegroups.com
When will lollipop be merged into master branch?

Al Sutton

Nov 27, 2014, 12:43:21 PM11/27/14
to android-...@googlegroups.com
Please search the archives of this group for the answer to that question.