Skipping emulator build (for purpose of building on 32-bit hosts)

瀏覽次數:126 次
跳到第一則未讀訊息

Kiran Rao

未讀,
2012年4月26日 晚上11:54:542012/4/26
收件者:android-...@googlegroups.com
According to this thread - since the emulator is moving to 64-bit, it will not longer be possible to build the android source on a 32-bit host.

My requirement is to be able to build just the media framework from a recent branch; and backport it to Android 2.2 or 2.3. I am using a 32-bit (Fedora Core 16) dev machine.

Questions:
  1. Can I somehow ignore the emulator part and build the rest of the framework on this 32-bit machine?
  2. Or, if I check out the older branches, can I still build all of it on my 32-bit machine? If so, how do I know the latest branch/tag that can be built on a 32-bit host?

Jean-Baptiste Queru

未讀,
2012年4月27日 上午11:38:112012/4/27
收件者:android-...@googlegroups.com
You should be able to skip building specific modules by just deleting
them from the source tree (assuming that nothing depends on them). The
emulator is (mostly) in external/qemu.

The last version to officially support 32-bit hosts was Froyo (2.2).
Early versions of Gingerbread didn't work on 32-bit at all, later
versions might have worked experimentally but I'm not sure.

JBQ
> --

Jean-Baptiste M. "JBQ" Queru

warning.

mark gross

未讀,
2012年4月27日 下午2:25:402012/4/27
收件者:android-...@googlegroups.com
FWIW I recall building froyo on 64 bit hosts.  10.04LTS 64 bit, in fact.

Maybe you should consider using a better tested / supported host OS.

--mark
create interesting things.

Jean-Baptiste Queru

未讀,
2012年4月27日 下午2:33:192012/4/27
收件者:android-...@googlegroups.com
Froyo definitely builds on 64-bit 10.04. I did such a build not long ago.

I know that Donut doesn't (slight and easily fixable incompatibilities
with gcc 4.4) and was primarily 8.04. I think Eclair might, but my
memory is fuzzy.

JBQ

Kiran Rao

未讀,
2012年5月2日 凌晨2:01:092012/5/2
收件者:android-...@googlegroups.com

Ah, I see. I somehow missed the point that 64-bit has been the official standard since Froyo. Thanks for bringing this to my notice.

回覆所有人
回覆作者
轉寄
0 則新訊息