PRODUCT_PROPERTY_OVERRIDES not overriding a property

Daryl

Feb 24, 2011, 8:24:59 AM2/24/11
to android-...@googlegroups.com
Hi guys,

I have a common.mk file with crespo and passion products inheriting from it and inside i'm using

PRODUCT_PROPERTY_OVERRIDES := \
    ro.com.android.dataroaming=false

to switch off the data roaming by default, the property is set to true in the ASOP full.mk which crespo and passion also inherit from.

As you can see after a successful build the build.prop file then contains two lines for dataromaing, one true and six lines further down false,
and on flashing the phone dataroaming is turned on.

Is this the correct behavior of PRODUCT_PROPERTY_OVERRIDES?
If not where would i go to fix this?
or how do the signed releases build files avoid this?

Cheers
Daryl

Jean-Baptiste Queru

Mar 2, 2011, 11:32:14 AM3/2/11
to android-...@googlegroups.com
For PRODUCT_PROPERTY_OVERRIDES as well and PRODUCT_COPY_FILES, the
first instance takes precedence. For PRODUCT_PACKAGE_OVERLAYS, the
first declared overlay is first in search order.

JBQ

> --

Jean-Baptiste M. "JBQ" Queru

warning.

FrankG

Mar 2, 2011, 3:44:33 PM3/2/11
to Android Building

Hi Daryl and JBQ,

I must say so far I wasn't aware about this way to set systems
properties in the build process.

But how relates this to the settings in init.rc , i.e. if maybe the
same variable is set their to true ?

Thanks ! Frank