Re: [android-building] couldn't find full_maguro option in lunch menu

Paul Beeler

Feb 14, 2013, 2:53:52 PM2/14/13
to android-...@googlegroups.com

I could be wrong but I think the binaries compliment the device source and hardware.  The binaries haven't been released yet AFAIK.

On Feb 14, 2013 12:28 PM, "SJun Song" <sjun...@gmail.com> wrote:
I couldn't find full_maguro option in lunch menu when I'm building android-4.2.2_r1.
Anybody has met?

---

Jean-Baptiste Queru

Feb 14, 2013, 4:14:04 PM2/14/13
to android-...@googlegroups.com
My apologies. I didn't have those projects ready on time. I'll push
them as soon as I have them ready and tested.

JBQ

On Thu, Feb 14, 2013 at 12:11 PM, rascarlo <rasc...@gmail.com> wrote:
> tag has not been pushed to devices and hardware trees yet.
> https://android.googlesource.com/platform/manifest/+/android-4.2.2_r1/default.xml
>

> On Thursday, February 14, 2013 9:00:50 AM UTC+1, SJun Song wrote:
>>
>> I couldn't find full_maguro option in lunch menu when I'm building
>> android-4.2.2_r1.
>> Anybody has met?
>
> --
> --
>
> ---
> "Android Building" group.
> email to android-buildi...@googlegroups.com.

Jean-Baptiste M. "JBQ" Queru
Technical Lead, Android Open Source Project, Google.

warning.

Jean-Baptiste Queru

Feb 14, 2013, 4:21:03 PM2/14/13
to android-...@googlegroups.com
Definitely official: it's tagged, and as an added bonus it's mentioned
on the AOSP site.

Think "release early, release often."

JBQ

On Thu, Feb 14, 2013 at 1:04 PM, JF Dionne <jeanfra...@gmail.com> wrote:
> in 4.2.2 tag, all devices were removed.
>
> This, I guess, on top of JBQ not announcing it means : not an official
> release
>

> --
> --
>
> ---
> "Android Building" group.
> email to android-buildi...@googlegroups.com.

Paul Beeler

Feb 14, 2013, 4:54:42 PM2/14/13
to android-...@googlegroups.com

I was also waiting for the official announcement.  Thank you for your diligence :-)

Jean-Baptiste Queru

Feb 14, 2013, 5:56:09 PM2/14/13
to android-...@googlegroups.com
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Factory images have appeared
Kernel sources too.

JBQ

Jean-Francois Blanchard-Dionne

Feb 14, 2013, 10:25:26 PM2/14/13
to android-...@googlegroups.com

4.2.2 AOSP announced with a poem on Valentine's day.

+ my phone updated

The bar is set pretty high for my girlfriend.

Thanks

Paul Beeler

Feb 15, 2013, 11:55:37 AM2/15/13
to android-...@googlegroups.com
As a temporary solution I added back the missing repositories to my manifest and added revision="refs/tags/android-4.2.1_r1.2" to the end of all the missing repos.  This allows me to build 4.2.2.

Jean-Baptiste Queru

Feb 19, 2013, 11:46:18 AM2/19/13
to android-...@googlegroups.com
You can use 4.2.1, or (if you want a hack), you can use
jb-mr1-dev-plus-aosp, which was the state of the AOSP master branch
before the release of jb-mr1.1

JBQ

On Mon, Feb 18, 2013 at 1:24 AM, Ashok Babu <ash...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I still could not find it, after doing repo sync, Is there any one can do
> without a hack ?
>

> On Thursday, 14 February 2013 16:00:50 UTC+8, SJun Song wrote:
>>
>> I couldn't find full_maguro option in lunch menu when I'm building
>> android-4.2.2_r1.
>> Anybody has met?

Paul Beeler

Feb 22, 2013, 11:51:01 AM2/22/13
to android-...@googlegroups.com
I added the back the repositories that were removed in manifest commit

I can build fine for my nexus 7 but for the nexus 4 there's missing patches for hardware/qcom/display

For that I had to patch in some things for MDP comp from code aurora forum.  Not sure if maguro will build or not, haven't tried.  Probably best just to wait.
On Wed, Feb 20, 2013 at 4:36 PM, Sreekanth Vietla <vie...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi Paul,

I was wondering if you could share the list of repos that you added to the manifest.

Thanks,

Sreekanth

Jean-Baptiste Queru

Feb 24, 2013, 4:16:21 PM2/24/13
to android-...@googlegroups.com
Based on overwhelming feedback, I am trying to bring this release to the level of quality that people expect. This takes time, and depends on many factors that I can't control.

JBQ

On Saturday, February 23, 2013, Ganesh BL <lgm...@gmail.com> wrote:
> When do we get this update?? plssss get this done faster...
>
> On Friday, February 22, 2013 7:19:50 PM UTC-8, Birender Singh wrote:
>>
>> Is  full_grouper available now under 4.2.2_r1 tag.

Jean-Francois Blanchard-Dionne

Feb 24, 2013, 8:32:43 PM2/24/13
to android-...@googlegroups.com

Thanks JBQ.

People can *sound* rude sometimes.

I guess/hope it wasn't intended.

JF

Paul Beeler

Feb 24, 2013, 8:26:54 PM2/24/13
to android-...@googlegroups.com

I'll wait for official announcement...  We still need the new binaries to accompany the hardware.

On Feb 24, 2013 6:19 PM, "Michael Nurre" <nurre....@gmail.com> wrote:
Keep an eye on https://android.googlesource.com/platform/manifest/ and you'll see when they become available.

On Friday, February 22, 2013 9:19:50 PM UTC-6, Birender Singh wrote:
Is  full_grouper available now under 4.2.2_r1 tag.

Jean-Baptiste Queru

Mar 8, 2013, 10:43:30 AM3/8/13
to android-...@googlegroups.com
This is strange, it's working fine for me

repo init -u [...] -b android-4.2.2_r1
repo sync
. build/envsetup.sh
lunch