Android 4.2.2 in the Android Open Source Project

Jean-Baptiste Queru

Mar 1, 2013, 1:38:44 PM3/1/13
to android-...@googlegroups.com
Today we're releasing Android 4.2.2 into AOSP, over the next few hours.

The build is JDQ39 and the tag is android-4.2.2_r1

The matching proprietary binaries are available at
https://developers.google.com/android/nexus/drivers and the factory
images at https://developers.google.com/android/nexus/images

As a noteworthy item, this AOSP release includes the full set of
proprietary binaries for Nexus 7 (all variants) and for Nexus 4, which
are now fully usable with AOSP. This is the first time that any device
has all its binaries available for AOSP.

For people who prefer to work with older versions, we've tweaked the
froyo, gingerbread and ics-mr1 branches so that they can be compiled
on Ubuntu 12.04.

Enjoy!
JBQ

--
Jean-Baptiste M. "JBQ" Queru
Technical Lead, Android Open Source Project, Google.

warning.

Paul Beeler

Mar 1, 2013, 1:45:44 PM3/1/13
to android-...@googlegroups.com

Thank you sir!  Really appreciate it.

---

Jean-Baptiste Queru

Mar 1, 2013, 3:26:02 PM3/1/13
to android-...@googlegroups.com
The toroplus binaries were published today, Feb 20 is when I last
modified the script to package them for 4.2.2.

JBQ

On Fri, Mar 1, 2013 at 11:46 AM, Nicholas M <thefasc...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Exciting. Have those new Toroplus binaries really been up since February 20th?
>
> --
> --
>
> ---
> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Android Building" group.

Jean-Baptiste Queru

Mar 1, 2013, 3:44:49 PM3/1/13
to android-...@googlegroups.com
Everything is in. Feel free to sync. If something looks wrong, it's a
bug, please let me know.

Cheers,
JBQ

Jean-Baptiste Queru

Mar 1, 2013, 4:45:37 PM3/1/13
to android-...@googlegroups.com
Telephony will definitely work.

I probably forgot to mention those binaries on the download page. It's
also possible that no proprietary binaries are needed to use telephony
on Nexus 4, in which case it wouldn't get mentioned on the list of
proprietary files. I'm not sure which of the two explanations is the
right one. Either way, telephony works.

For Nexus 4 and for Nexus 7, 100% of the proprietary binaries are
available. That had never been the case for other devices at any point
in the past. That way, you can know that 100% of the functionality on
Nexus 4 and Nexus 7 is supposed to work, without restrictions (other
than those caused by bugs).

JBQ

On Fri, Mar 1, 2013 at 1:35 PM, Artem Russakovskii <arch...@gmail.com> wrote:
> JBQ, I noticed the Nexus 4 GSM binaries are missing, while all other
> devices, including the N7 3G have it. Does that mean you can't compile Nexus
> 4 with telephony support?
> --
> --
>
> ---
> "Android Building" group.
> email to android-buildi...@googlegroups.com.

Francis Devereux

Mar 2, 2013, 7:23:42 AM3/2/13
On 1 Mar 2013, at 18:38, Jean-Baptiste Queru <j...@android.com> wrote:

> Today we're releasing Android 4.2.2 into AOSP, over the next few hours.
>
> The build is JDQ39 and the tag is android-4.2.2_r1
>
> The matching proprietary binaries are available at
> https://developers.google.com/android/nexus/drivers and the factory
> images at https://developers.google.com/android/nexus/images
>
> As a noteworthy item, this AOSP release includes the full set of
> proprietary binaries for Nexus 7 (all variants) and for Nexus 4, which
> are now fully usable with AOSP. This is the first time that any device
> has all its binaries available for AOSP.

Thanks, that's great news - full proprietary binaries for Nexus 4 and Nexus 7, I'm sure a lot of effort went into that behind the scenes!

Francis