KitKat on Hammerhead without mobile networks

Dirk Jäckel

Nov 7, 2013, 12:29:02 PM11/7/13
to android-...@googlegroups.com
Hi!

I built KitKat for Hammerhead with the binaries provided here: https://developers.google.com/android/nexus/drivers#hammerhead

It seems the mobile networks funtionality (2G, 3G and LTE) is missing. Camera, Wifi, Sound seems to be working.

When I insert a SIM-card it is not recognized.

When I try to detect a mobile network I get "Error while searching for network".

In the logs I see the following error:

11-07 17:26:47.168 E/RILD    ( 2050): dlopen failed: dlopen failed: could not load library "libvss_nv_iface.so" needed by "libril-qc-qmi-1.so"; caused by library "libvss_nv_iface.so" not found

Maybe this is releted?

In the past it was sometimes necessary to extract some binaries from installed phones. Is this the case here too?

Regards,
Dirk

Dirk Jäckel

Nov 9, 2013, 2:41:28 PM11/9/13
to android-...@googlegroups.com
Hi!

I managed to get 3G to work with the following fix.

1. Pull missing libraries (and other files) from a phone with an installed factory image:

adb pull system/app/OmaDmclient.apk
adb pull system/etc/DxHDCP.cfg
adb pull system/vendor/bin/vss_init
adb pull system/vendor/firmware/discretix/dxhdcp2.b00
adb pull system/vendor/firmware/discretix/dxhdcp2.b01
adb pull system/vendor/firmware/discretix/dxhdcp2.b02
adb pull system/vendor/firmware/discretix/dxhdcp2.b03
adb pull system/vendor/firmware/discretix/dxhdcp2.mdt
adb pull system/vendor/lib/libDxHdcp.so
adb pull system/vendor/lib/libvdmengine.so
adb pull system/vendor/lib/libvdmfumo.so
adb pull system/vendor/lib/libvss_common_core.so
adb pull system/vendor/lib/libvss_common_idl.so
adb pull system/vendor/lib/libvss_common_iface.so
adb pull system/vendor/lib/libvss_nv_core.so
adb pull system/vendor/lib/libvss_nv_idl.so
adb pull system/vendor/lib/libvss_nv_iface.so

2. Put them in the apropriate vendor directory: vendor/lge/hammerhead/proprietary
3. Add the libs to the makefile: vendor/lge/hammerhead/device-partial.mk

    vendor/lge/hammerhead/proprietary/libvss_nv_iface.so:system/vendor/lib/libvss_nv_iface.so:lge \
    vendor/lge/hammerhead/proprietary/libvss_nv_idl.so:system/vendor/lib/libvss_nv_idl.so:lge \
    vendor/lge/hammerhead/proprietary/libvss_nv_core.so:system/vendor/lib/libvss_nv_core.so:lge \
    vendor/lge/hammerhead/proprietary/libvss_common_iface.so:system/vendor/lib/libvss_common_iface.so:lge \
    vendor/lge/hammerhead/proprietary/libvss_common_idl.so:system/vendor/lib/libvss_common_idl.so:lge \
    vendor/lge/hammerhead/proprietary/libvss_common_core.so:system/vendor/lib/libvss_common_core.so:lge \
    vendor/lge/hammerhead/proprietary/libvdmfumo.so:system/vendor/lib/libvdmfumo.so:lge \
    vendor/lge/hammerhead/proprietary/libvdmengine.so:system/vendor/lib/libvdmengine.so:lge \
    vendor/lge/hammerhead/proprietary/libDxHdcp.so:system/vendor/lib/libDxHdcp.so:lge \
4. build as usual

Regards,
Dirk

andrew_esh

Nov 10, 2013, 5:14:28 AM11/10/13
to android-...@googlegroups.com
Perhaps you need the device drivers which are available on this website:
https://developers.google.com/android/nexus/drivers

I would not expect them to be in your build unless you added them manually.

Dirk Jäckel

Nov 10, 2013, 2:21:05 PM11/10/13
to android-...@googlegroups.com

One would think that all necessary librararies were in there. But the libraries and other files I listed  are not part of the files listed for the hammerhead: https://developers.google.com/android/nexus/drivers#hammerhead.

As I wrote in my first email I added these files to the build and got some of the proprietary driven hardware to work.

Regards,
Dirk

Jake Weinstein

Nov 10, 2013, 11:23:10 AM11/10/13
to android-...@googlegroups.com
That's what he did, but 3G was broken, so he had to add the missing libraries that Google didn't add to their binaries.

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "Android Building" group.

Jameson Williams

Dec 1, 2013, 9:52:24 PM12/1/13
to android-...@googlegroups.com
I had this same problem. Actually, these files are mentioned in proprietary-blobs.txt, and vendor_owner_info.txt, in the device project. However, they are not included in the vendor tarballs for KRT16M. They are, however, in the KRT16M factory image posted by Google. In my case, I mounted the system image in loopback, and ripped the missing files. Comparing against vendor_owner_info.txt, I came up with the same list as Dirk for the missing lge files. There are also two missing for qcom: TimeService.apk, and shutdownlistener.apk .

Jameson Williams

Dec 4, 2013, 11:55:01 PM12/4/13
to android-...@googlegroups.com
Ah actually, as I've looked at this a bit more, it may by only /system/app/OmaDmclient.apk that is needed. I think the other ones are all related to graphics.

Bryce Walter

Dec 5, 2013, 10:11:19 AM12/5/13
to android-...@googlegroups.com

OmaDmClient is needed to provision.