Re: [android-building] All My Builds Have No ADB

Jean-Baptiste Queru

Sep 17, 2012, 10:25:00 AM9/17/12
to android-...@googlegroups.com
Are you creating user builds (as opposed to userdebug or eng builds)?
user builds have adb disabled by default, you need to enable it in the
settings.

JBQ

On Sun, Sep 16, 2012 at 1:18 PM, Matt Bloomfield
<mbloom...@googlemail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm new to building and not sure if this is the best place to ask, however,
> all the builds that I complete have no ADB. There is adb in system/bin - but
> when plugging into my computers (Windows or Ubuntu), and run adb devices i
> get "list of devices", with nothing underneath. ADB was working on the
> device before flashing my own build.
>
> Is there a known missing package that could be causing this? or something
> that I should search for?
>
> I'm new to Ubuntu and developing - hoping to learn more.
>
> Kind Regards,
> Matt
>
> --

Jean-Baptiste M. "JBQ" Queru
Technical Lead, Android Open Source Project, Google.

warning.
Message has been deleted

Jean-Baptiste Queru

Sep 18, 2012, 11:58:36 AM9/18/12
to android-...@googlegroups.com
This is an area where I know CM builds are different, so I strongly
suggest that you ask on their side.

JBQ

On Tue, Sep 18, 2012 at 3:50 AM, Matt Bloomfield
<mbloom...@googlemail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Thanks for reply.
>
> User builds as meant for users?
> I am actually building from CM / other source that I have found (which
> include eng builds).
>
> Where can I find this setting? so I can check if it is enabled or not.
>
> Kind Regards,
> Matt
Message has been deleted

Chirayu Desai

Sep 19, 2012, 12:26:14 PM9/19/12
to android-...@googlegroups.com

Does your device show up under lsusb / dmesg?

On Sep 19, 2012 9:54 PM, "Matt Bloomfield" <mbloom...@googlemail.com> wrote:
I have USB debugging on, and have both those files in the correct places, yet I still don't get adb. If I adb shell (on either phone or computer) it starts the deamon correctly, and then just gives me
"Error, no device"
Or if I Want to run logcat I just get
"Waiting for device"

I see no reason for it not work... however, it doesn't work..!

Thanks for the reply...