New Jelly Bean proprietary binaries for Nexus S, Xoom, Galaxy Nexus

Jean-Baptiste Queru

Aug 1, 2012, 12:13:07 PM8/1/12
to android-...@googlegroups.com
A new set of proprietary binaries for Jelly Bean are available at
https://developers.google.com/android/nexus/drivers

This adds binaries for crespo (Nexus S), crespo4g (Nexus S 4G) and
wingray (US WiFi Xoom).

This also updates the binaries for maguro (GSM Galaxy Nexus) and toro
(VZW Galaxy Nexus).

All those binaries were tested against android-4.1.1_r3, i.e. JRO03H.

Binaries for grouper (Nexus 7) are unchanged since JRO03C and are
suitable for JRO03H.

JBQ

--
Jean-Baptiste M. "JBQ" Queru
Technical Lead, Android Open Source Project, Google.

warning.

Jean-Baptiste Queru

Aug 2, 2012, 10:35:50 AM8/2/12
to android-...@googlegroups.com
No need for special steps any more for CDMA devices. Unzip the packages, run each script from the root of the source tree, build.

JBQ

On Wednesday, August 1, 2012, Cris Ten Eyck <crist...@gmail.com> wrote:
> are the build commands still the same for crespo4g and 4.1.1
>
> as describe here?
>
> https://groups.google.com/forum/m/#!msg/android-building/2fXGtHA98CI/wxGnntR7Za8J

Jean-Baptiste Queru

Aug 2, 2012, 4:15:20 PM8/2/12
to android-...@googlegroups.com
In the context of AOSP, this was already possible, so this doesn't
make a difference.

In the context of an OTA to retail devices, that's unrelated to AOSP,
so this doesn't make a difference either.

JBQ

On Thu, Aug 2, 2012 at 1:06 PM, alexus <ale...@gmail.com> wrote:
> awesome! does it mean we're getting closer to get 4.1.1 on Verizon GNEX?

Jean-Baptiste Queru

Sep 4, 2012, 10:38:32 AM9/4/12
to android-...@googlegroups.com
No change on that front.