PandaBoard in AOSP master: fixed

Jean-Baptiste Queru

Aug 2, 2012, 6:22:38 PM8/2/12
to android-...@googlegroups.com
We've fixed the issue with PandaBoard in the AOSP master. It works
with the binaries that are marked as IMM76D.

Credit goes to Texas Instruments for investigating the root issue and
implementing the fix.

Enjoy :)

JBQ

--
Jean-Baptiste M. "JBQ" Queru
Technical Lead, Android Open Source Project, Google.

warning.

Jean-Baptiste Queru

Aug 3, 2012, 11:55:06 AM8/3/12
to android-...@googlegroups.com
That's my mistake. I meant IMM76I. Sorry about that.

JBQ

On Fri, Aug 3, 2012 at 12:11 AM, Jiuxian Chu <jiuxi...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi JBQ,
>
> Thanks.
> Where can I get IMM76D binary for panda?
> I cannot find it on this page
> https://developers.google.com/android/nexus/drivers#pandaimm76i

Jean-Baptiste Queru

Aug 6, 2012, 1:54:05 PM8/6/12
to android-...@googlegroups.com
-Indeed, there's no ducati binary available for AOSP (for PandaBoard
or for Galaxy Nexus), so we don't have any media acceleration
available.

-The widevine stuff is a mess, I can't describe it in any better way.

JBQ

On Sun, Aug 5, 2012 at 4:08 PM, Subbu <c.a.sub...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi JBQ,
> Thank you for fixing the master branch. I got to the point that the UI comes
> up on my Panda. Thanks for the suggestion on the "State of Pandaboard"
> thread on saving the manifest file.
> However, noticed a couple of things:
> 1. The ducati-m3.bin file is missing from the binaries. Is this not part of
> the drivers package? But in any case I do not see calls going to the ipu for
> AV/thumbnail use cases.
> 2. Basic video playback doesn't seem to be working. Is this supposed to be
> working? I would be glad to help out on this one.
> I am new to stagefright ... but from the logcat it looks like,
> libstagefright is couple with widevine? no? The pastebin for playback is
> posted here.
>
> http://pastebin.com/umiennLj
>
> I see the following log
> E/WVMExtractor( 103): Failed to open libwvm.so
>
> which seems to point to widevine extractor.
>
> Do let me know if I should be posting this query in a different forum
> altogether. Also, let me know if you need more info about my setup.

Jean-Baptiste Queru

Aug 6, 2012, 5:00:19 PM8/6/12
to android-...@googlegroups.com
On the ducati side, that's purely a licensing issue, i.e. all non-technical.

The widevine stuff ends up on all retail devices, in different forms.
One of the problem is that it's device-specific but leaks into the
common code, and when using that common code on devices that don't
support it (like PandaBoard) things tend to fall apart. Contributions
welcome to make things work better when there's no implementation of
the device-specific libraries in question.

JBQ

On Mon, Aug 6, 2012 at 12:27 PM, Subbu <c.a.sub...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi JBQ,
>

> On Monday, August 6, 2012 12:54:05 PM UTC-5, Jean-Baptiste Queru wrote:
>>
>> -Indeed, there's no ducati binary available for AOSP (for PandaBoard
>> or for Galaxy Nexus), so we don't have any media acceleration
>> available.
>
> Any specific reasons for not including one? I can try to get that to work if
> I knew what to do with the
> widevine stuff. Looks like that's specific to grouper!!
> Ref: http://bit.ly/OZtTNa
> The AndroidXref thing is pretty handy.
>

>> -The widevine stuff is a mess, I can't describe it in any better way.
>>
> Is there some way to get rid of widevine?
>>
>> JBQ

Jean-Baptiste Queru

Aug 6, 2012, 5:11:52 PM8/6/12
to android-...@googlegroups.com
There was at least some of it in ICS, as I remember that it was
causing me some pain for Galaxy Nexus.

JBQ

On Mon, Aug 6, 2012 at 2:08 PM, Subbu <c.a.sub...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Monday, August 6, 2012 4:00:19 PM UTC-5, Jean-Baptiste Queru wrote:
>>
>> On the ducati side, that's purely a licensing issue, i.e. all
>> non-technical.
>>
>> The widevine stuff ends up on all retail devices, in different forms.
>> One of the problem is that it's device-specific but leaks into the
>> common code, and when using that common code on devices that don't
>> support it (like PandaBoard) things tend to fall apart. Contributions
>> welcome to make things work better when there's no implementation of
>> the device-specific libraries in question.
>>
> Thank you for the explanation! I am no expert, but have to start somewhere!
> Will try and see how it can be done. Is this something specific to JB or the
> same issue exists in ICS as well? I am hoping I can take some hint from ICS
> if it works there.
>
> Subbu
>>
>> JBQ

Jean-Baptiste Queru

Oct 10, 2012, 10:26:06 AM10/10/12
to android-...@googlegroups.com
As far as I know there's on DRM implementation for PandaBoard.

JBQ

On Wed, Oct 10, 2012 at 6:06 AM, Drew Carpenter <dcp...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Any information on getting past the widevine stuff for the Pandaboard? Right
> now I cant even play audio without a "failed to open libwvm.so" error. Any
> advice would help me so much!
>

> On Monday, August 6, 2012 5:23:13 PM UTC-4, Subbu wrote:
>>
>> Oh Okay. Thanks. I think ics_plus_aosp should be a good starting point.
>> And meanwhile I can muck around JB code to see what can be done. Shall keep
>> you posted. Thank you for your input.
>> Subbu

Jean-Baptiste Queru

Oct 10, 2012, 12:36:06 PM10/10/12
to android-...@googlegroups.com
I've just merged a change that might actually improve audio, but I
don't expect that'll get you as far as getting DRM working.

JBQ