Android 4.4.3 Released

Bill Yi

Jun 2, 2014, 9:02:44 PM6/2/14
to android-...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

Builds for Android 4.4.3 have been released.

The following are the builds, tags, and devices supported:
- KTU84M, android-4.4.3_r1.1, Nexus 5 (hammerhead)
- KTU84L, android-4.4.3_r1, Nexus 7 (flo/grouper/tilapia), Nexus 4, Nexus 10

The corresponding proprietary binaries are available at:

and factory images at:

Thanks!

bill

Al Sutton

Jun 3, 2014, 10:14:24 AM6/3/14
to android-...@googlegroups.com
I’ve put some commit logs up at and http://aosp.changelog.to/KOT49H/KTU84L/ and http://aosp.changelog.to/KTU84L/KTU84M/

From what I can tell the chain is 4.4.2_r1 -> 4.4.3_r1 -> 4.4.3_r1.1, and the AOSP changes from 4.4.3_r1 to 4.4.3_r1.1 is just a version bump, so I’m guessing there’s some proprietary code which changed between the two.

Is that correct?

Al.
--
Al Sutton - Funky Android Ltd.
(funkyandroid.com)

The views expressed in this email are those of the author and not necessarily those of Funky Android Limited, it's associates, or it's subsidiaries.

---

Stephen Smalley

Jun 3, 2014, 12:26:56 PM6/3/14
to android-...@googlegroups.com
Will kernel source branches be available soon, e.g. for kernel/exynos,
kernel/msm, kernel/tegra?
Thanks.

Bill Yi

Jun 3, 2014, 2:31:24 PM6/3/14

On Tuesday, June 3, 2014 7:14:24 AM UTC-7, Al Sutton wrote:
I’ve put some commit logs up at and http://aosp.changelog.to/KOT49H/KTU84L/ and http://aosp.changelog.to/KTU84L/KTU84M/

From what I can tell the chain is 4.4.2_r1 -> 4.4.3_r1 -> 4.4.3_r1.1, and the AOSP changes from 4.4.3_r1 to 4.4.3_r1.1 is just a version bump, so I’m guessing there’s some proprietary code which changed between the two.

chain:
  4.4.2_r2 -> 4.4.3_r1 -> 4.4.3_r1.1

from 4.4.3_r1 to 4.4.3_r1.1:
  Yes, blobs changes

Paul Beeler

Jun 3, 2014, 3:24:51 PM6/3/14
to android-...@googlegroups.com

+1

Al Sutton

Jun 3, 2014, 3:24:58 PM6/3/14
to android-...@googlegroups.com
Interesting. The log for platform/build for 4.4.3_r1 doesn’t include 4.4.2_r2 (https://android.googlesource.com/platform/build/+log/1313d4720f8554b47b594812418a2a1247f1ac39).

Looks like I’ll have to do a manual sanity check.

Thanks.

--

On 3 Jun 2014, at 19:31, Bill Yi <b...@google.com> wrote:

Jean-Baptiste Queru

Jun 3, 2014, 3:39:18 PM6/3/14
to android-...@googlegroups.com
I confirm. The following command shows (some of) the commits in 4.4.2 that aren't in 4.4.3.

repo forall -pc git log --oneline android-4.4.3_r1..android-4.4.2_r2

JBQ

--

Jean-Baptiste M. "JBQ" Quéru
Architect, Mobile, Yahoo

Chet Kener

Jun 3, 2014, 7:30:11 PM6/3/14
to android-...@googlegroups.com
I believe that you have skipped this question.  I also have the same question:

"Will kernel source branches be available soon, e.g. for kernel/exynos,
kernel/msm, kernel/tegra?"

I noticed that on my Hammerhead kernel commit changed from gadb2201 to gd59db4e  on the update from 4.4.2 to 4.4.3.   I'd like to know which commit/commits were added to the kernel and so far I have not seen any new source branches been pushed.  Since this is open source I would assume that they will be made available to as to not violate any opensource licensing policies or anything but it would be nice of you to confirm that this source will become available soon.

Thanks in advance for your help!

shridutt kothari

Jun 4, 2014, 3:19:03 AM6/4/14
to android-...@googlegroups.com
Hi All,

I am facing issue with updating bootloader from 4.18 to 4.23.

And not able to flash bootloader on grouper (Nexus 7 2012) i.e bootloader-grouper-4.23, getting following error:

FAILED (remote: (InvalidState))

I guess Bootloader 4.18 or 4.23 are broken... also found issue here https://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=62198

Thanks,
Shridutt Kothari

---

Thanks & Regards,
Shridutt Kothari.

Hasso Tepper

Jun 4, 2014, 10:40:02 AM6/4/14
to android-...@googlegroups.com
aosp_mako-userdebug:

make: *** No rule to make target `otapackage'.  Stop.

Is it me doing something wrong or ... ?

--
Hasso Tepper
<hasso....@gmail.com>

Paul Beeler

Jun 4, 2014, 5:31:06 PM6/4/14
to android-building@googlegroups com

Hi, thank you for update.  I successfully flashed factory images for hammerhead.  Things seem much more responsive.

I also have a couple questions.  I notice more changes in gcc development on gerrit code review over the past 6 months or so.  Is there a new gcc version being used in this update or is the gcc only based on major updates and not maintenance updates?  Or does it somewhat follow master branch development?  This has always confused me.

My other question, the old kernel source for 4.4.2 works on 4.4.3.  But, I'd like to know what changes there are.

Thanks in advance!

Bill Yi

Jun 4, 2014, 6:28:18 PM6/4/14
to android-...@googlegroups.com
Kernel sources are available now. Branch names are android-*-kitkat-mr2

bill

Bill Yi

Jun 4, 2014, 6:51:43 PM6/4/14

On Wednesday, June 4, 2014 2:31:06 PM UTC-7, Paul Beeler wrote:

Hi, thank you for update.  I successfully flashed factory images for hammerhead.  Things seem much more responsive.

I also have a couple questions.  I notice more changes in gcc development on gerrit code review over the past 6 months or so.  Is there a new gcc version being used in this update or is the gcc only based on major updates and not maintenance updates?  Or does it somewhat follow master branch development?  This has always confused me.

Same gcc version.

$ git checkout android-4.4.2_r2
$ bzgrep -a 'Linux version' vmlinux.bz2
Linux version 3.4.0-gadb2201 (...) (gcc version 4.7 (GCC) ) #1 SMP PREEMPT Wed Nov 20 14:42:53 PST 2013
Linux version CIFS VFS Client for Linux<7>%s: sess setup type %d

$ git checkout android-4.4.3_r1.1
$ bzgrep -a 'Linux version' vmlinux.bz2
Linux version 3.4.0-gd59db4e (...) (gcc version 4.7 (GCC) ) #1 SMP PREEMPT Mon Mar 17 15:16:36 PDT 2014
Linux version CIFS VFS Client for Linux<7>%s: sess setup type %d

My other question, the old kernel source for 4.4.2 works on 4.4.3.  But, I'd like to know what changes there are.

After checking out the source
$ git log --oneline  origin/android-msm-hammerhead-3.4-kitkat-mr2 ^origin/android-msm-hammerhead-3.4-kitkat-mr1

bill

Hasso Tepper

Jun 5, 2014, 10:13:52 AM6/5/14
On 4 June 2014 09:31, Hasso Tepper <hasso....@gmail.com> wrote:
aosp_mako-userdebug:

make: *** No rule to make target `otapackage'.  Stop.

Is it me doing something wrong or ... ?

Of course it was me who did it wrong, somehow it wasn't aosp_mako-userdebug at all.
Sorry for noise.

--
Hasso Tepper
<hasso....@gmail.com>