problem with ampl

andrea lomazzi

Nov 11, 2012, 6:36:39 AM11/11/12
to am...@googlegroups.com
I have macbook with Mountain Lion and when i enter in my terminal and write ./ampl for open program i have this problem:
-bash: ./ampl: Permission denied
What's the problem??
Thanks

Paul

Nov 11, 2012, 5:28:16 PM11/11/12
to am...@googlegroups.com, lomazzi...@gmail.com
I'm not a Mac user, but since Lion is UNIX-based, I think this should work. In the terminal, run 'ls -l ampl" and check whether you have execute permission (x attribute).

Paul

Robert Fourer

Nov 12, 2012, 4:45:40 PM11/12/12
to am...@googlegroups.com

If you continue to have problems with this, for troubleshooting purposes I would suggest running all three of the following commands from the same prompt where you typed "./ampl":

   ls -ld ampl

   ls -l ampl

   file ampl

The first two ask for information (including permissions status) about the directory (folder) containing "ampl" and the file "ampl" itself.  The third asks what type of file "ampl" is.

Bob Fourer

4...@ampl.com