Child - bring to US HELP

Dawn

May 19, 2001, 9:16:01 AM5/19/01
I was issued a K1 visa last Feb 2000. At the time of filing the
petition here in the US, Russ and I included my daughter on the
paperwork.
However, shortly after, my daughter advised that she wished to stay
with her Dad until she finished school in the UK...
A year has now past and a few weeks ago my daughter came out to visit
us for the first time and decided she wanted to live her....
Unfortunately because she came over on the visa waiver she had to
return..
We are very confused right now into how we can get her here.... I
don't know if she still qualifies for the K2 visa and the relative
visa 1_130 would probably take months to process...
Another option is bringing her here on the student visa, but I guess
we won't be able to file a 1-130 if she is already here under a
student visa!
Can anyone help us
Thanks
Dawn & Russ TN

D. L. McLaughlin

May 19, 2001, 11:49:51 AM5/19/01
If you have to go the I-130 route, then since one of you is a USC, you might
be able to file for the upcoming K4 visa . The regs should be coming out
soon, though I've been thinking that for that past month. Keep it in mind.
It sounds like this might be one case where an lawyer might actually be
useful. If you do this, make sure it's a real immigration lawyer and one
that specializes in the UK. Just my opinion of course.

"Dawn" <daybr...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

Shelley

May 20, 2001, 1:03:36 AM5/20/01
The fastest way is to have your daughter return to the US and then your US
citizen husband (not you) file the I-130 for his step-daughter.
Here is the link from the INS site
http://www.ins.usdoj.gov/graphics/howdoi/child.htm
Take Care. Shelley

"D. L. McLaughlin" <dar...@full-moon.com> wrote in message

Dawn

May 20, 2001, 10:09:56 AM5/20/01
Our daughter advised us yesterday that she would like to come out to
study, before she decides if she would like to migrate..
I'm wondering if a student visa would be in her best interests at this
time. She is almost 15 years of age..
Just wondering how long it would take before she would be granted a
student visa?
Any advise would be greatly appreciated..

Michael Voight

May 22, 2001, 1:52:36 AM5/22/01
"DUTCH in Atlanta, GA USA" wrote:

> >Just wondering how long it would take before she would be granted a
> >student visa?
> >Any advise would be greatly appreciated..
> >
> We brought my wife's 4 kids to this country on I-130 Immigrant
> Visas as my Step Children about 3 yrs after we were married on a K1
> Visa. If they should decide to go home, they are free to do so. If
> they should want to apply for US Citizenship in 4 yrs, they are free
> to do that, too.

And.. If the US Citizen adopts them while they are residents, they are
immediately citizens.
:)

Michael