Some questions. I said I'd do this *one* day ;-)

Thunderchief

Feb 26, 2004, 7:54:11 AM2/26/04

1] Which is the most appalling movie ever made that you have seen?

2] Who do you think should never have been allowed a career in the film
industry?

3] Georgia *appears* to be going the same way as Kansas with the whole
creationism thing being taught in school instead of evolution. Look, right,
even the freaking Pope has gone on record as saying that creationism isn't
the whole thing. Should the politicians who allowed this state of affairs to
happen by bowing to pressure from the religious community for nothing more
than more votes, be strung up and left out for the crows?

4] Inner city literacy rates are falling, drug abuse amongst school kids is
rising, 15% of Americans live at, or below, the poverty line, and 20% cannot
afford medical insurance, or don't get adequate medical coverage. The Pres
'wants to go to Mars'. Could it be considered a waste of money?

5] What is your favourite type of 'fast food'?

6] What is your favourite 'fast food' restaurant?

7] What did you have for dinner last night? (I must be getting hungry, its
nearly lunchtime!)

8a] Have you swum in the ocean?

8b] Which one?

9a] Do you own a passport?

9b] Have you ever visited another country?

9c] For business or pleasure?

9d] Which other countries have you visited?

10a] Have you sent your bio to T for the homepage?

10b] If you haven't, please explain why writing two lines of text and
emailing them is hard to do :-)

--
Duncan

Feb 26, 2004, 8:53:10 AM2/26/04
Thunderchief wrote:
> 1] Which is the most appalling movie ever made that you have seen?

The Pitchfork Massacre. It was so lame, the theater where I saw it didn't
even have a proper poster, so they drew one on white paper...stick figures
holding a pitchfork, with red marker slashes for blood.

> 2] Who do you think should never have been allowed a career in the
> film industry?

Pamela Anderson.

> 3] Georgia *appears* to be going the same way as Kansas with the whole
> creationism thing being taught in school instead of evolution. Look,
> right, even the freaking Pope has gone on record as saying that
> creationism isn't the whole thing. Should the politicians who allowed
> this state of affairs to happen by bowing to pressure from the
> religious community for nothing more than more votes, be strung up
> and left out for the crows?

At least.

> 4] Inner city literacy rates are falling, drug abuse amongst school
> kids is rising, 15% of Americans live at, or below, the poverty line,
> and 20% cannot afford medical insurance, or don't get adequate
> medical coverage. The Pres 'wants to go to Mars'. Could it be
> considered a waste of money?

Yep.

> 5] What is your favourite type of 'fast food'?

Fries and a frosty from Wendy's.

> 6] What is your favourite 'fast food' restaurant?

Wendy's.

> 7] What did you have for dinner last night? (I must be getting
> hungry, its nearly lunchtime!)

Nothing at all. Ick.

> 8a] Have you swum in the ocean?

Oh yes!

> 8b] Which one?

Atlantic.

> 9a] Do you own a passport?

Not yet.

> 9b] Have you ever visited another country?

Not yet.

> 9c] For business or pleasure?

na

> 9d] Which other countries have you visited?

na

> 10a] Have you sent your bio to T for the homepage?

I believe I have. ; )

> 10b] If you haven't, please explain why writing two lines of text and
> emailing them is hard to do :-)

It can be hard to describe yourself, ya know?

Thanks, hon!

Thunderchief

Feb 26, 2004, 9:14:32 AM2/26/04
There I was, minding my own business, when Thunderchief said...

> 1] Which is the most appalling movie ever made that you have seen?

The *only* things about Coyote Ugly that were good was a 5 second blink and
you'll miss bit part from Johnnie Knoxville, and a seriously bad Devil Went
Down To Georgia on the sound track.

> 2] Who do you think should never have been allowed a career in the
> film industry?

Denise Richards.

> 3] Georgia *appears* to be going the same way as Kansas with the whole
> creationism thing being taught in school instead of evolution. Look,
> right, even the freaking Pope has gone on record as saying that
> creationism isn't the whole thing. Should the politicians who allowed
> this state of affairs to happen by bowing to pressure from the
> religious community for nothing more than more votes, be strung up
> and left out for the crows?

Bleh, bleh and an extra bleh for good measure.

> 4] Inner city literacy rates are falling, drug abuse amongst school
> kids is rising, 15% of Americans live at, or below, the poverty line,
> and 20% cannot afford medical insurance, or don't get adequate
> medical coverage. The Pres 'wants to go to Mars'. Could it be
> considered a waste of money?

Please see my answer above...

> 5] What is your favourite type of 'fast food'?

Mexican :-)

> 6] What is your favourite 'fast food' restaurant?

Steak 'n' Shake

> 7] What did you have for dinner last night? (I must be getting
> hungry, its nearly lunchtime!)

I made an absolutely bitching pasta bake with meatballs and loads of cheese
and beans on Wednesday. I had leftovers last night :-)

> 8a] Have you swum in the ocean?

Yes

> 8b] Which one?

Atlantic

> 9a] Do you own a passport?

Ayup.

> 9b] Have you ever visited another country?

Yep.

> 9c] For business or pleasure?

Pleasure?!

> 9d] Which other countries have you visited?

USA

> 10a] Have you sent your bio to T for the homepage?

I have!

> 10b] If you haven't, please explain why writing two lines of text and
> emailing them is hard to do :-)

Twernt. It was dead easy.

> --
> Duncan

Oh look! Its me! ;-)
Duncan

Thunderchief

Feb 26, 2004, 9:16:29 AM2/26/04
There I was, minding my own business, when T said...

> Thunderchief wrote:
>> 1] Which is the most appalling movie ever made that you have seen?
>
> The Pitchfork Massacre. It was so lame, the theater where I saw it
> didn't even have a proper poster, so they drew one on white
> paper...stick figures holding a pitchfork, with red marker slashes
> for blood.

Now that one sounds classy! :-)

>> 5] What is your favourite type of 'fast food'?
>
> Fries and a frosty from Wendy's.
>
>> 6] What is your favourite 'fast food' restaurant?
>
> Wendy's.

Don't think I've eaten there, have I?

>> 7] What did you have for dinner last night? (I must be getting
>> hungry, its nearly lunchtime!)
>
> Nothing at all. Ick.

:-(

>> 8a] Have you swum in the ocean?
>
> Oh yes!
>
>> 8b] Which one?
>
> Atlantic.

Woohoo!

>> 9a] Do you own a passport?
>
> Not yet.

:-)

>> 9b] Have you ever visited another country?
>
> Not yet.

:-)

> Thanks, hon!

Did I do ok?!

Duncan

Cat

Feb 26, 2004, 10:46:51 AM2/26/04
>1] Which is the most appalling movie ever made that you have seen?

The Last House On The Left

>2] Who do you think should never have been allowed a career in the film
>industry?

Shelley Duvall

>3] Georgia *appears* to be going the same way as Kansas with the whole
>creationism thing being taught in school instead of evolution. Look, right,
>even the freaking Pope has gone on record as saying that creationism isn't
>the whole thing. Should the politicians who allowed this state of affairs to
>happen by bowing to pressure from the religious community for nothing more
>than more votes, be strung up and left out for the crows?

Separation of church and state: there for a reason, people!

>4] Inner city literacy rates are falling, drug abuse amongst school kids is
>rising, 15% of Americans live at, or below, the poverty line, and 20% cannot
>afford medical insurance, or don't get adequate medical coverage. The Pres
>'wants to go to Mars'. Could it be considered a waste of money?

Well, personally I think the money should be used for the things you cited;
however, should we manage to destroy this planet as we seem to be doing, we
need to have back up planets ready for us to destroy. /sarcasm mode off/

>5] What is your favourite type of 'fast food'?

Asian, or fish and chips.

>6] What is your favourite 'fast food' restaurant?

Fiesta Grill

>7] What did you have for dinner last night? (I must be getting hungry, its
>nearly lunchtime!)

Taco Bell :-(

>8a] Have you swum in the ocean?

Indeed I have.

>8b] Which one?

Atlantic AND Pacific

>9a] Do you own a passport?

Nope.

>9b] Have you ever visited another country?

If Mexico counts, then yes.

>9c] For business or pleasure?

Well, it wasn't on business, but it wasn't the greatest pleasure, either <g>.

>9d] Which other countries have you visited?

N/A

>10a] Have you sent your bio to T for the homepage?

Yes, I did :-)

~cat~
I wished the buck stopped here, as I could use a few.
www.purevolume.com/hellogoodbye

Thunderchief

Feb 26, 2004, 11:08:50 AM2/26/04
There I was, minding my own business, when Cat said...

>> 5] What is your favourite type of 'fast food'?
>
> Asian, or fish and chips.

Does that come with fries? ;-)

>> 6] What is your favourite 'fast food' restaurant?
>
> Fiesta Grill
>
>> 7] What did you have for dinner last night? (I must be getting
>> hungry, its nearly lunchtime!)
>
> Taco Bell :-(

I've never had that, but if they do to Tacos what MickyD's does to burgers,
I probably never will ;-)

>> 8a] Have you swum in the ocean?
>>

> Indeed I have.
>
>> 8b] Which one?
>
> Atlantic AND Pacific

Woohoo!!

>> 9a] Do you own a passport?
>
> Nope.
>
>> 9b] Have you ever visited another country?
>
> If Mexico counts, then yes.

I guess it does. You don't need a passport to get into Mexico, then?

> ~cat~

Duncan

Thunderchief

Feb 26, 2004, 12:27:22 PM2/26/04
There I was, minding my own business, when Lone Funman said...

> On Thu, 26 Feb 2004 12:54:11 -0000, "Thunderchief"
> <d...@thunderchief1.freeserve.co.uk> sneaked in and said:

>> 2] Who do you think should never have been allowed a career in the
>> film industry?
>

> Ed Woods <g>

But..but...he was a genius! ;-)

>> 7] What did you have for dinner last night? (I must be getting
>> hungry, its nearly lunchtime!)
>

> Pizza <g>

Mmmm...pizza....

>> 8a] Have you swum in the ocean?
>

> Oh yes.
>
>> 8b] Which one?
>
> Indian.

Coolness!

>> 9a] Do you own a passport?
>

> Naturalmento.

>> 9b] Have you ever visited another country?
>

> Yes, about half a dozen.

>> 9c] For business or pleasure?
>

> Pleasure, me lad, pure pleasure!

>> 9d] Which other countries have you visited?
>

> Sweden, Estonia, Greece, Turkey, USA, Sri Lanka.
> Yeah, half a dozen.
> Do the airport transit stops count? Add another half dozen ...

I reckon you've gotta *leave* the airport building for them to count ;-)

>> 10a] Have you sent your bio to T for the homepage?
>

> Yes :)
>
> &y

Duncan

Cat

Feb 26, 2004, 12:30:27 PM2/26/04
>fish and chips.
>
>Does that come with fries? ;-)

Clever boy ;-)

>>> 7] What did you have for dinner last night? (I must be getting
>>> hungry, its nearly lunchtime!)
>>
>> Taco Bell :-(
>
>I've never had that, but if they do to Tacos what MickyD's does to burgers,
>I probably never will ;-)

There are a couple of items I like, but as a rule, I don't eat much Taco Hell.

>>> 9a] Do you own a passport?
>>
>> Nope.
>>
>>> 9b] Have you ever visited another country?
>>
>> If Mexico counts, then yes.
>
>I guess it does. You don't need a passport to get into Mexico, then?

Apparently not, as people from CA go there every day without one!!

Kimmer

Feb 26, 2004, 12:59:15 PM2/26/04
Duncan wrote:

> 1] Which is the most appalling movie ever made that you have seen?

Depends on one's definition of 'appalling'. I don't go to slasher
movies, so my answer will have to be the abomination that was 'Dune'. I
still can't believe I sat through that one again when it was on SciFi
Channel a few years ago.

> 2] Who do you think should never have been allowed a career in the
film
> industry?

Oh, too many to mention. Right now, just to provoke folks, I'm gonna
say Mel Gibson <g>

> 3] Georgia *appears* to be going the same way as Kansas with the whole
> creationism thing being taught in school instead of evolution. Look,
right,
> even the freaking Pope has gone on record as saying that creationism
isn't
> the whole thing. Should the politicians who allowed this state of
affairs to
> happen by bowing to pressure from the religious community for nothing
more
> than more votes, be strung up and left out for the crows?

For starters. I heard something on the radio when this whole thing with
Georgia came up that kind of points out just how ridiculous this is
getting. Seems that in Catholic and other religious schools one can
teach and learn about evolution. It's only the public schools where this
is happening. Sheesh...

> 4] Inner city literacy rates are falling, drug abuse amongst school
kids is
> rising, 15% of Americans live at, or below, the poverty line, and 20%
cannot
> afford medical insurance, or don't get adequate medical coverage. The
Pres
> 'wants to go to Mars'. Could it be considered a waste of money?

At this time, yes. I do believe the space program needs to be funded,
but not to the exclusion of other things. As for a manned mission to
Mars, I can think of several people I'd like to send there <g>

> 5] What is your favourite type of 'fast food'?

Don't do fast food much, but fish and chips is what I pick if it's on
the menu.

> 6] What is your favourite 'fast food' restaurant?

Daphne's Greek Cafe. Not exactly 'fast food', but they don't take your
order at your table. Gyros is the lone exception to my current 'no
mammals' diet <g>

> 7] What did you have for dinner last night? (I must be getting hungry,
its
> nearly lunchtime!)

A bowl of rice leftover from everyone else's dinner. I had a class last
night and got home late and just grabbed what I could find.

> 8a] Have you swum in the ocean?

Yep but stopped when my eyesight got too bad, which was when I was 12.
Last went on my honeymoon and got pulled under and dragged along the
bottom. I think I still have the scars on my legs from that.

> 8b] Which one?

Pacific.

> 9a] Do you own a passport?

Yep.

> 9b] Have you ever visited another country?

Yep.

> 9c] For business or pleasure?

Well, one wasn't exactly for pleasure, but the others were.

> 9d] Which other countries have you visited?

Japan, while in college. In 1980 I went with the UCLA marching band for
a week, to play at a football game. This one wasn't exactly either
business or pleasure. Didn't have much free time, so I'd like to get
back there again.
Mexico and Canada are the others. Want to take more trips eventually.

> 10a] Have you sent your bio to T for the homepage?

Not yet.

> 10b] If you haven't, please explain why writing two lines of text and
> emailing them is hard to do :-)

Yeah, but I never know what to say in these things.

Kimmer
kimagreenfieldatyahoodotcom

Looney

Feb 26, 2004, 1:11:44 PM2/26/04

"Kimmer" <m...@deltanet.com> wrote in message

> Duncan wrote:
> >
> > 1] Which is the most appalling movie ever made that you have seen?
>
> Depends on one's definition of 'appalling'. I don't go to slasher
> movies, so my answer will have to be the abomination that was 'Dune'. I
> still can't believe I sat through that one again when it was on SciFi
> Channel a few years ago.

Surely you mean the DeLaurentis abortion, erm, I mean, version? The SciFi
channel/William Hurt version was actually, IMO, a respectable adaptation
considering the source material...

> > 2] Who do you think should never have been allowed a career in the
> film
> > industry?
>
> Oh, too many to mention. Right now, just to provoke folks, I'm gonna
> say Mel Gibson <g>

Okay, I'll bite. Why? Specifically?

--
Looney
Coming soon...

Feb 26, 2004, 3:23:09 PM2/26/04
Thunderchief wrote:

>> 6] What is your favourite 'fast food' restaurant?
>
> Steak 'n' Shake

Can you believe, I forgot them?!

>> 9b] Have you ever visited another country?
>
> Yep.

ICVT.

>> 9c] For business or pleasure?
>
> Pleasure?!

ICVTT. : )

>> 10b] If you haven't, please explain why writing two lines of text and
>> emailing them is hard to do :-)
>
> Twernt. It was dead easy.

Not for everyone, though!

Feb 26, 2004, 3:24:55 PM2/26/04
Thunderchief wrote:
> There I was, minding my own business, when T said...
>
>> Thunderchief wrote:
>>> 1] Which is the most appalling movie ever made that you have seen?
>>
>> The Pitchfork Massacre. It was so lame, the theater where I saw it
>> didn't even have a proper poster, so they drew one on white
>> paper...stick figures holding a pitchfork, with red marker slashes
>> for blood.
>
> Now that one sounds classy! :-)

I'm sure it was. I wasn't exactly there for the...um...plot and stuff. ; )

>>> 5] What is your favourite type of 'fast food'?
>>
>> Fries and a frosty from Wendy's.
>>
>>> 6] What is your favourite 'fast food' restaurant?
>>
>> Wendy's.
>
> Don't think I've eaten there, have I?

Not yet, as far as I know.

>>> 7] What did you have for dinner last night? (I must be getting
>>> hungry, its nearly lunchtime!)
>>
>> Nothing at all. Ick.
>
> :-(

Chicken soup for tonight, though!

>>> 9a] Do you own a passport?
>>
>> Not yet.
>
> :-)
>

>>> 9b] Have you ever visited another country?
>>
>> Not yet.
>
> :-)

One day...

>> Thanks, hon!
>
> Did I do ok?!

You done real good. : )

Kimmer

Feb 26, 2004, 3:27:20 PM2/26/04
Looney wrote:

> "Kimmer" <m...@deltanet.com> wrote in message
> > Duncan wrote:
> > >
> > > 1] Which is the most appalling movie ever made that you have seen?
> >
> > Depends on one's definition of 'appalling'. I don't go to slasher
> > movies, so my answer will have to be the abomination that was
'Dune'. I
> > still can't believe I sat through that one again when it was on
SciFi
> > Channel a few years ago.
>
> Surely you mean the DeLaurentis abortion, erm, I mean, version? The
SciFi
> channel/William Hurt version was actually, IMO, a respectable
adaptation
> considering the source material...

I meant the Rafaella DeLaurentiis one. I never saw the miniseries
version, although I've heard that it's far better than the theatrical
movie. I read what Frank Herbert had to say about the theatrical movie,
and he said that the longer one was pretty good - this was included in a
collection of his stories a few years back - but I just can't bring
myself to sit through *4* hours of it. I will give the miniseries a
shot when I have time to watch it.

> > > 2] Who do you think should never have been allowed a career in the
> > film
> > > industry?
> >
> > Oh, too many to mention. Right now, just to provoke folks, I'm
gonna
> > say Mel Gibson <g>
>
> Okay, I'll bite. Why? Specifically?

I don't think much of his acting ability, but there are worse. The
reason I said him was because of 'Passion'. I'm not a fan of blood,
guts, and gore. From the few scenes I've seen of his 'Passion' and the
reviews I've read describing more scenes, I won't ever see it because of
the blood. This one will probably bring up the argument about just how
bloody and violent does a movie have to be to get an NC-17 rating. I'm
also disturbed about this movie as Passion plays do tend to bring about
anti-Semitic tendencies, he used the most anti-Semitic Gospel as source
material, and my children are Jewish. I don't anticipate any problems,
as we don't exactly advertise the fact that 4 out of 5 of us are Jewish,
but the synagogues in our area, including the one we attend, will be
having extra security for a while. Shame, that.

It's also not just this current movie, but some of his other movies -
Payback, The Patriot (exploding cannonballs, indeed <g>) - have
involved far more gratuitous blood, guts, and violence than were needed
to tell the story. Gotta wonder why.

Kimmer
kimagreenfieldatyahoodotcom

Chip

Feb 26, 2004, 3:54:42 PM2/26/04

Thunderchief <d...@thunderchief1.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message

> 1] Which is the most appalling movie ever made that you have seen?

The Gods Must be Crazy.
(should have been retitled "The Producer Must be Crazy"

> 2] Who do you think should never have been allowed a career in the film
> industry?

Most every soap opera "star".

> 3] Georgia *appears* to be going the same way as Kansas with the whole
> creationism thing being taught in school instead of evolution. Look,
right,
> even the freaking Pope has gone on record as saying that creationism isn't
> the whole thing. Should the politicians who allowed this state of affairs
> happen by bowing to pressure from the religious community for nothing more
> than more votes, be strung up and left out for the crows?

I think both views should be taught.

> 4] Inner city literacy rates are falling, drug abuse amongst school kids
is
> rising, 15% of Americans live at, or below, the poverty line, and 20%
cannot
> afford medical insurance, or don't get adequate medical coverage. The Pres
> 'wants to go to Mars'. Could it be considered a waste of money?

In my mind, whitout a doubt it's a waste. Let's cure the problems here on
earth before we screw up another planet.

> 5] What is your favourite type of 'fast food'?

Pizza

> 6] What is your favourite 'fast food' restaurant?

Greco Pizza and Donar

> 7] What did you have for dinner last night? (I must be getting hungry, its
> nearly lunchtime!)

hehe,...........pizza :-)

> 8a] Have you swum in the ocean?

Yup,

> 8b] Which one?

The Atlantic. Colddddddddddddd!

> 9a] Do you own a passport?

Not a current one.

> 9b] Have you ever visited another country?

United States of America.

> 9c] For business or pleasure?

Both.

> 9d] Which other countries have you visited?

None

> 10a] Have you sent your bio to T for the homepage?

Yup. I think I was first.

Chip

Feb 26, 2004, 4:05:15 PM2/26/04

Kimmer <m...@deltanet.com> wrote in message
> Duncan wrote:
>
> > 4] Inner city literacy rates are falling, drug abuse amongst school
> kids is
> > rising, 15% of Americans live at, or below, the poverty line, and 20%
> cannot
> > afford medical insurance, or don't get adequate medical coverage. The
> Pres
> > 'wants to go to Mars'. Could it be considered a waste of money?
>
> At this time, yes. I do believe the space program needs to be funded,
> but not to the exclusion of other things.

I'm curious. What good comes from spend untold billions on the space
industry? Besides the economic spin-off for a few companies.

> > 6] What is your favourite 'fast food' restaurant?
>
> Daphne's Greek Cafe. Not exactly 'fast food', but they don't take your
> order at your table. Gyros is the lone exception to my current 'no
> mammals' diet <g>

Does anyone know if I'm right in thinking that Gyros are the same as Donars,
only the sauce isn't as sweet?

> Kimmer
> kimagreenfieldatyahoodotcom

Chip

Looney

Feb 26, 2004, 4:02:18 PM2/26/04

"Kimmer" <m...@deltanet.com> wrote in message

Hmmm, I guess we just disagree. But to say the gospels are anti-semitic is,
well, just not accurate.

The Jewish establishment of the day certainly had its hand in killing
Christ, in a practical sense. To deny otherwise is plain silly. To
intimate that somehow the race of Jews are Christkillers is dumber still.

But the gospels make it clear that the Jews didn't kill Jesus. Mankind did,
with our sin.

Thunderchief

Feb 26, 2004, 4:18:09 PM2/26/04
There I was, minding my own business, when Kimmer said...

> Duncan wrote:
>>
>> 1] Which is the most appalling movie ever made that you have seen?
>
> Depends on one's definition of 'appalling'. I don't go to slasher
> movies, so my answer will have to be the abomination that was 'Dune'.
> I still can't believe I sat through that one again when it was on
> SciFi Channel a few years ago.

Yeah.... that one wasn't overly pretty was it?

>> 2] Who do you think should never have been allowed a career in the
>> film industry?
>
> Oh, too many to mention. Right now, just to provoke folks, I'm gonna
> say Mel Gibson <g>

Ah!

>> 3] Georgia *appears* to be going the same way as Kansas with the
>> whole creationism thing being taught in school instead of evolution.
>> Look, right, even the freaking Pope has gone on record as saying
>> that creationism isn't the whole thing. Should the politicians who
>> allowed this state of affairs to happen by bowing to pressure from
>> the religious community for nothing more than more votes, be strung
>> up and left out for the crows?
>
> For starters. I heard something on the radio when this whole thing
> with Georgia came up that kind of points out just how ridiculous this
> is getting. Seems that in Catholic and other religious schools one
> can teach and learn about evolution. It's only the public schools
> where this is happening. Sheesh...

Sounds about typical to me. Beurocracy gone mental...

>> 6] What is your favourite 'fast food' restaurant?
>
> Daphne's Greek Cafe. Not exactly 'fast food', but they don't take
> your order at your table. Gyros is the lone exception to my current
> 'no mammals' diet <g>

I like those. They are similar to our humble doner kebab.

>> 7] What did you have for dinner last night? (I must be getting
>> hungry, its nearly lunchtime!)
>
> A bowl of rice leftover from everyone else's dinner. I had a class
> last night and got home late and just grabbed what I could find.
>
>> 8a] Have you swum in the ocean?
>
> Yep but stopped when my eyesight got too bad, which was when I was 12.
> Last went on my honeymoon and got pulled under and dragged along the
> bottom. I think I still have the scars on my legs from that.

Ouch! :-(

>> 10b] If you haven't, please explain why writing two lines of text and
>> emailing them is hard to do :-)
>
> Yeah, but I never know what to say in these things.

Mmmm.... ;-)

> Kimmer
> kimagreenfieldatyahoodotcom

Duncan

Thunderchief

Feb 26, 2004, 4:20:13 PM2/26/04
There I was, minding my own business, when T said...

> Thunderchief wrote:
>
>>> 6] What is your favourite 'fast food' restaurant?
>>
>> Steak 'n' Shake
>
> Can you believe, I forgot them?!

I loved that place, you know? The food was good, you could see into the
kitchen, good music playing, that whole 50's diner 'feel'....Oh yeah! :-)

>>> 9b] Have you ever visited another country?
>>
>> Yep.
>
> ICVT.

:-)

>>> 9c] For business or pleasure?
>>
>> Pleasure?!
>
> ICVTT. : )

Hehehehe!!

>>> 10b] If you haven't, please explain why writing two lines of text
>>> and emailing them is hard to do :-)
>>
>> Twernt. It was dead easy.
>
> Not for everyone, though!

Apparently not!

Duncan

Thunderchief

Feb 26, 2004, 4:41:53 PM2/26/04
There I was, minding my own business, when Kimmer said...

> It's also not just this current movie, but some of his other movies -
> Payback, The Patriot (exploding cannonballs, indeed <g>)

And whats wrong with that? If cannons (or mortars) where being used in an
anti-personel role, they could well have fired shot that exploded....

http://www.napoleonguide.com/artillery_ammo.htm

I know thats the napoleonic wars, but.... :-)

> Kimmer

Duncan

Thunderchief

Feb 26, 2004, 4:21:14 PM2/26/04
There I was, minding my own business, when T said...

> Thunderchief wrote:
>> There I was, minding my own business, when T said...

>>> The Pitchfork Massacre. It was so lame, the theater where I saw it
>>> didn't even have a proper poster, so they drew one on white
>>> paper...stick figures holding a pitchfork, with red marker slashes
>>> for blood.
>>
>> Now that one sounds classy! :-)
>

> I'm sure it was. I wasn't exactly there for the...um...plot and
> stuff. ; )

I wonder if its available on video or something? ;-)

>>> Fries and a frosty from Wendy's.

>>> Wendy's.
>>
>> Don't think I've eaten there, have I?
>
> Not yet, as far as I know.

No. I don't think I have.

>>> Nothing at all. Ick.
>>
>> :-(
>
> Chicken soup for tonight, though!

>>> Not yet.
>>
>> :-)

>>> Not yet.
>>
>> :-)
>
> One day...

:-)

>>> Thanks, hon!
>>
>> Did I do ok?!
>
> You done real good. : )

Woohoo!! :-)

Duncan

Thunderchief

Feb 26, 2004, 4:43:59 PM2/26/04
There I was, minding my own business, when Chip said...

> Thunderchief <d...@thunderchief1.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message
>>
>> 1] Which is the most appalling movie ever made that you have seen?
>
> The Gods Must be Crazy.
> (should have been retitled "The Producer Must be Crazy"

Another I've not heard of!

>> 4] Inner city literacy rates are falling, drug abuse amongst school
>> kids is rising, 15% of Americans live at, or below, the poverty
>> line, and 20% cannot afford medical insurance, or don't get adequate
>> medical coverage. The Pres 'wants to go to Mars'. Could it be
>> considered a waste of money?
>
> In my mind, whitout a doubt it's a waste. Let's cure the problems
> here on earth before we screw up another planet.

BUt the new planet would be good for about 10,000 years! ;-)

>> 5] What is your favourite type of 'fast food'?
>
> Pizza
>>

>> 6] What is your favourite 'fast food' restaurant?
>
> Greco Pizza and Donar

As in donar kebab!? Woohoo!

>> 8b] Which one?
>
> The Atlantic. Colddddddddddddd!

What you need is a nice gulf stream to warm it up!

Duncan

Thunderchief

Feb 26, 2004, 4:46:58 PM2/26/04
There I was, minding my own business, when Chip said...

>>> 6] What is your favourite 'fast food' restaurant?
>>
>> Daphne's Greek Cafe. Not exactly 'fast food', but they don't take
>> your order at your table. Gyros is the lone exception to my current
>> 'no mammals' diet <g>
>
> Does anyone know if I'm right in thinking that Gyros are the same as
> Donars, only the sauce isn't as sweet?

They are, just about. I;ve had a gyro(s). It was nice.

We tend to have our donars with hot chilli sauce on them, maybe garlic mayo,
and usually with a salad made of chopped cabbage and onions. Some places use
lettuce, tomato and cucumber, but thats just not right. The salad should
have a squirt of lemon juice on it, for perfection :-)

>> Kimmer
>> kimagreenfieldatyahoodotcom
>
> Chip

Duncan

Kimmer

Feb 26, 2004, 4:50:12 PM2/26/04
Chip wrote:

> Kimmer <m...@deltanet.com> wrote in message
> > Duncan wrote:
> >
> > > 4] Inner city literacy rates are falling, drug abuse amongst
school
> > kids is
> > > rising, 15% of Americans live at, or below, the poverty line, and
20%
> > cannot
> > > afford medical insurance, or don't get adequate medical coverage.
The
> > Pres
> > > 'wants to go to Mars'. Could it be considered a waste of money?
> >
> > At this time, yes. I do believe the space program needs to be
funded,
> > but not to the exclusion of other things.
>
> I'm curious. What good comes from spend untold billions on the space
> industry? Besides the economic spin-off for a few companies.

I don't know if you know all the details here, but with the focus on a
mission to Mars, the shuttle program will shut down and the Hubble
telescope will be left to die. Now, this may not be important to many
people, but I think the images that 'scope is providing are just
fascinating. Then again, I'm a science geek; I love this kind of stuff.

> > > 6] What is your favourite 'fast food' restaurant?
> >
> > Daphne's Greek Cafe. Not exactly 'fast food', but they don't take
your
> > order at your table. Gyros is the lone exception to my current 'no
> > mammals' diet <g>
>
> Does anyone know if I'm right in thinking that Gyros are the same as
Donars,
> only the sauce isn't as sweet?

I don't know what donars is. Gyros is lamb and beef with spices, and
it's real good.

Kimmer
kimagreenfieldatyahoodotcom

OU812?

Feb 26, 2004, 5:39:17 PM2/26/04

Oh all right already.. here's mine:

Kristy is a pot-loving crazy cat lady who lives in NB, Canada for now and
would like to be anywhere BUT here sometimes.

Kristy
(knows its what y'all woulda said anyhow, at least the first part.)
--
((
/\ /\ ))
# # # #
*Bomber*

OU812?

Feb 26, 2004, 5:43:25 PM2/26/04

I've had donairs (there's an I guys) with both tzatziki sauce (sorta yogurty
and tart) or with the traditional (or is it?) white sweet sauce. Both ways
are good, in fact, i can't even pick which i like better.. :)

Kristy

Feb 26, 2004, 5:55:12 PM2/26/04
Thunderchief wrote:
> There I was, minding my own business, when T said...

>>> Steak 'n' Shake
>>
>> Can you believe, I forgot them?!
>
> I loved that place, you know? The food was good, you could see into
> the kitchen, good music playing, that whole 50's diner 'feel'....Oh
> yeah! :-)

It *is* good. I haven't been since we were there. : /

Feb 26, 2004, 5:56:02 PM2/26/04
Thunderchief wrote:
> There I was, minding my own business, when T said...
>
>> Thunderchief wrote:
>>> There I was, minding my own business, when T said...

>>> Now that one sounds classy! :-)
>>

>> I'm sure it was. I wasn't exactly there for the...um...plot and
>> stuff. ; )
>
> I wonder if its available on video or something? ;-)

I'm sure we can find something that'll work. ; )

>>> Don't think I've eaten there, have I?
>>
>> Not yet, as far as I know.
>
> No. I don't think I have.

Then we'll go, for the Frosty experience. : )

Feb 26, 2004, 5:56:40 PM2/26/04
OU812? wrote:
> T wrote:

>>> Twernt. It was dead easy.
>>
>> Not for everyone, though!

> Oh all right already.. here's mine:
>
> Kristy is a pot-loving crazy cat lady who lives in NB, Canada for now
> and would like to be anywhere BUT here sometimes.
>
> Kristy
> (knows its what y'all woulda said anyhow, at least the first part.)

And the page has been updated accordingly.

Thank you!

Chip

Feb 26, 2004, 6:13:36 PM2/26/04

> Chip wrote:
>
> > Kimmer <m...@deltanet.com> wrote in message

> school
> > > kids is
> 20%
> > > cannot
> The
> > > Pres
> > >
> > > At this time, yes. I do believe the space program needs to be
> funded,
> > > but not to the exclusion of other things.
> >
> > I'm curious. What good comes from spend untold billions on the space
> > industry? Besides the economic spin-off for a few companies.
>
> I don't know if you know all the details here, but with the focus on a
> mission to Mars, the shuttle program will shut down and the Hubble
> telescope will be left to die. Now, this may not be important to many
> people, but I think the images that 'scope is providing are just
> fascinating. Then again, I'm a science geek; I love this kind of stuff.

OK, but is all the money worth "Fascinating"? I just can't help but think of
all the good that money can do our own back yard, not to mention the world.

JMO'd
Chip

> Kimmer
> kimagreenfieldatyahoodotcom

Chip

Feb 26, 2004, 6:15:34 PM2/26/04

> There I was, minding my own business, when Chip said...
>

> > The Atlantic. Colddddddddddddd!

> What you need is a nice gulf stream to warm it up!

Well, send one over :-)

Chip

> Duncan

Thunderchief

Feb 26, 2004, 6:24:02 PM2/26/04
There I was, minding my own business, when OU812? said...

> I've had donairs (there's an I guys)

No there ain't. But I wouldn't rule out regional variations on the
spelling. Not over here, though. Donar all the way.

> with both tzatziki sauce (sorta
> yogurty and tart) or with the traditional (or is it?) white sweet
> sauce. Both ways are good, in fact, i can't even pick which i like
> better.. :)

The tzatziki sauce sounds kinda interesting...

> Kristy

Duncan

Thunderchief

Feb 26, 2004, 6:25:01 PM2/26/04

No? You gotta go for the extras with the order though. I really liked there
chilli, though I couldn't eat it all :-)

Duncan
Could easily eat there once or twice a week!!!

Thunderchief

Feb 26, 2004, 6:25:35 PM2/26/04
There I was, minding my own business, when T said...

>>> I'm sure it was. I wasn't exactly there for the...um...plot and
>>> stuff. ; )
>>
>> I wonder if its available on video or something? ;-)
>
> I'm sure we can find something that'll work. ; )

Okeydokey :-)

>>> Not yet, as far as I know.
>>
>> No. I don't think I have.
>
> Then we'll go, for the Frosty experience. : )

Cool!! :-)

Um...

Yeah! Cool! ;-)

Duncan

Thunderchief

Feb 26, 2004, 6:28:33 PM2/26/04
There I was, minding my own business, when Chip said...

> Thunderchief <d...@thunderchief1.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message
>> There I was, minding my own business, when Chip said...
>>

>>> The Atlantic. Colddddddddddddd!
>>
>> What you need is a nice gulf stream to warm it up!
>
> Well, send one over :-)

I think its already on its way!

> Chip

Duncan
Very cold northerlies for a while now.

Ernest Fairchild

Feb 26, 2004, 6:33:58 PM2/26/04
"Thunderchief" <d...@thunderchief1.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message

> 1] Which is the most appalling movie ever made that you have seen?

Appalling as in badly made, or freak-out city?

I'll define appalling the second way and go with Texas Chainsaw
Massacre. Really sick film.

> 2] Who do you think should never have been allowed a career in the
film
> industry?

I don't pay attention to the actors that much.

> 3] Georgia *appears* to be going the same way as Kansas with the whole
> creationism thing being taught in school instead of evolution. Look,
right,
> even the freaking Pope has gone on record as saying that creationism
isn't
> the whole thing. Should the politicians who allowed this state of
affairs to
> happen by bowing to pressure from the religious community for nothing
more
> than more votes, be strung up and left out for the crows?

Definitely.

> 4] Inner city literacy rates are falling, drug abuse amongst school
kids is
> rising, 15% of Americans live at, or below, the poverty line, and 20%
cannot
> afford medical insurance, or don't get adequate medical coverage. The
Pres
> 'wants to go to Mars'. Could it be considered a waste of money?

No.

> 5] What is your favourite type of 'fast food'?

Hamburgers, I guess.

> 6] What is your favourite 'fast food' restaurant?

Jacque in ze Box.

> 7] What did you have for dinner last night? (I must be getting hungry,
its
> nearly lunchtime!)

Pizza!

> 8a] Have you swum in the ocean?

Yep.

> 8b] Which one?

Pacific, numerous times, most recently when I visited Cat a couple years
ago.

> 9a] Do you own a passport?

Nope.

> 9b] Have you ever visited another country?

A border town in Mexico once. Does that count?

> 9c] For business or pleasure?
>

> 9d] Which other countries have you visited?
>

> 10a] Have you sent your bio to T for the homepage?

Errr, ummmm . . .

> 10b] If you haven't, please explain why writing two lines of text and
> emailing them is hard to do :-)

I haven't given it much thought, I suppose.

Have a great day!

Ernest
_____________________
"paid
I am
worked."

Thunderchief

Feb 26, 2004, 6:53:49 PM2/26/04
There I was, minding my own business, when Ernest Fairchild said...

>> 1] Which is the most appalling movie ever made that you have seen?
>
> Appalling as in badly made, or freak-out city?
>
> I'll define appalling the second way and go with Texas Chainsaw
> Massacre. Really sick film.

I saw it years ago. The original, that is, but I really don't remember much
about it.

I do know the Ramones did a song influenced by it, and they quite nicely
pronounced massacre as massacree so they could rhyme it thusly...

"Texas Chainsaw Massacree
Take my baby away from me"

:-)

>> 2] Who do you think should never have been allowed a career in the
>> film industry?
>
> I don't pay attention to the actors that much.
>
>> 3] Georgia *appears* to be going the same way as Kansas with the
>> whole creationism thing being taught in school instead of evolution.
>> Look, right, even the freaking Pope has gone on record as saying
>> that creationism isn't the whole thing. Should the politicians who
>> allowed this state of affairs to happen by bowing to pressure from
>> the religious community for nothing more than more votes, be strung
>> up and left out for the crows?
>
> Definitely.
>
>> 4] Inner city literacy rates are falling, drug abuse amongst school
>> kids is rising, 15% of Americans live at, or below, the poverty
>> line, and 20% cannot afford medical insurance, or don't get adequate
>> medical coverage. The Pres 'wants to go to Mars'. Could it be
>> considered a waste of money?
>
> No.

Just curious....what benefits do you think visiting Mars might bring?

>> 7] What did you have for dinner last night? (I must be getting
>> hungry, its nearly lunchtime!)
>
> Pizza!

Pizza is definately turning up as a favourite for last nights dinner !

>> 8a] Have you swum in the ocean?
>
> Yep.
>
>> 8b] Which one?
>
> Pacific, numerous times, most recently when I visited Cat a couple
> years ago.
>
>> 9a] Do you own a passport?
>
> Nope.
>
>> 9b] Have you ever visited another country?
>
> A border town in Mexico once. Does that count?

I guess so! Its a different country!

>> 10a] Have you sent your bio to T for the homepage?
>
> Errr, ummmm . . .
>
>> 10b] If you haven't, please explain why writing two lines of text and
>> emailing them is hard to do :-)
>
> I haven't given it much thought, I suppose.

So think on it!

> Have a great day!
>
> Ernest

Duncan

Ernest Fairchild

Feb 26, 2004, 7:13:19 PM2/26/04

> Just curious....what benefits do you think visiting Mars might bring?

Mankind needs to diversify away from the planet of origin. Any number of
natural disasters or unnatural disasters (nuclear war, for example)
could eliminate us as a species. If we had colonies on several other
planets, nothing short of a solar nova would take us out. It's not *who*
survives, it's *that* we survive.

Have a great day!

Ernest

Looney

Feb 26, 2004, 7:21:12 PM2/26/04

"Ernest Fairchild" <ern...@delphidude.com> wrote in message

> "Thunderchief" <d...@thunderchief1.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message
> >
> > Just curious....what benefits do you think visiting Mars might bring?
>
> Mankind needs to diversify away from the planet of origin. Any number of
> natural disasters or unnatural disasters (nuclear war, for example)
> could eliminate us as a species. If we had colonies on several other
> planets, nothing short of a solar nova would take us out. It's not *who*
> survives, it's *that* we survive.

Aside from that, many commonplace amenities and benefits originated from the
space program, such as teflon and Tang! :-)

Susie

Feb 26, 2004, 9:43:09 PM2/26/04

"Thunderchief" <d...@thunderchief1.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message

> 1] Which is the most appalling movie ever made that you have seen?

Don't know if appalling is the right word but Highlander II pretty much
sucked.

> 2] Who do you think should never have been allowed a career in the film
> industry?

Chris Farley (may he rest in peace)

> 3] Georgia *appears* to be going the same way as Kansas with the whole
> creationism thing being taught in school instead of evolution. Look,
right,
> even the freaking Pope has gone on record as saying that creationism isn't
> the whole thing. Should the politicians who allowed this state of affairs
> happen by bowing to pressure from the religious community for nothing more
> than more votes, be strung up and left out for the crows?

Yeah. They should.

> 4] Inner city literacy rates are falling, drug abuse amongst school kids
is
> rising, 15% of Americans live at, or below, the poverty line, and 20%
cannot
> afford medical insurance, or don't get adequate medical coverage. The Pres
> 'wants to go to Mars'. Could it be considered a waste of money?

I think a hell of lot more than 20% can't afford health insurance. I enjoy
the space program, but we should certainly address some domestic issues.

> 5] What is your favourite type of 'fast food'?

At the moment, grilled stuffed burritos.

> 6] What is your favourite 'fast food' restaurant?

Taco Bell cause they make the grilled stuffed burritos. It is the only good
thing they make though. We saw them on television, thought they looked good
so tried them. They are delicious! It was the first time I had been in a
Taco Bell in ages.

> 7] What did you have for dinner last night? (I must be getting hungry, its
> nearly lunchtime!)

I didn't really have 'dinner'. I had some french fries from the cafeteria
not long before I left work, so I wasn't hungry when I got home. I often
don't eat dinner, supper...tea?

> 8a] Have you swum in the ocean?

Nope.

> 8b] Which one?

I swam in the Gulf of Mexico. Does that count?

> 9a] Do you own a passport?

No.

> 9b] Have you ever visited another country?

I went to Canada once.

> 9c] For business or pleasure?

Pleasure. I saw the loveliest botanical garden in Vancouver.

> 9d] Which other countries have you visited?

none

> 10a] Have you sent your bio to T for the homepage?

yep

> 10b] If you haven't, please explain why writing two lines of text and
> emailing them is hard to do :-)

It was hard for me to describe myself. I dont' think I did a very good job.

C'mon, folks! Send the bios! If I can, you can. :-)

> Duncan

Susie

Marco

Feb 26, 2004, 9:46:16 PM2/26/04
A long, long time ago, in a place far away, Thunderchief so spoke:

>1] Which is the most appalling movie ever made that you have seen?

"Sliver".

>2] Who do you think should never have been allowed a career in the film
>industry?

Tom Hanks.

>3] Georgia *appears* to be going the same way as Kansas with the whole
>creationism thing being taught in school instead of evolution. Look, right,
>even the freaking Pope has gone on record as saying that creationism isn't
>the whole thing. Should the politicians who allowed this state of affairs to
>happen by bowing to pressure from the religious community for nothing more
>than more votes, be strung up and left out for the crows?

Poor beasts! The crows, I mean.

>4] Inner city literacy rates are falling, drug abuse amongst school kids is
>rising, 15% of Americans live at, or below, the poverty line, and 20% cannot
>afford medical insurance, or don't get adequate medical coverage. The Pres
>'wants to go to Mars'. Could it be considered a waste of money?

If he went himself to stay, not at all.

>5] What is your favourite type of 'fast food'?

A small sandwich in a bar.

>6] What is your favourite 'fast food' restaurant?

I've only tried MicMacDonald's and Burger King. And onion rings win.

>7] What did you have for dinner last night? (I must be getting hungry, its
>nearly lunchtime!)

Yesterday? I think... yep. Some cheese, I was in a hurry. And two
oranges.

>8a] Have you swum in the ocean?

Yep.

>8b] Which one?

Athlantic. Of course.

>9a] Do you own a passport?

Nope.

>9b] Have you ever visited another country?

Lots of.

>9c] For business or pleasure?

Always for pleasure.

>9d] Which other countries have you visited?

Former Yugoslavia; Austria; Switzerland; Germany; Denmark; Sweden;
Finland; France; U.K. (England, Scotland and Northern Ireland, not
Wales); Eire; Spain. Then, the asshole countries: Andorra, Liechtnestein
[sp?]; and San Marino Republic, and the Vatican State ;-P

>10a] Have you sent your bio to T for the homepage?

Yep!

>10b] If you haven't, please explain why writing two lines of text and
>emailing them is hard to do :-)

Because of the locusts.

Marco
--
"Common sense isn't very common" April (ABSK)

Marco

Feb 26, 2004, 9:48:03 PM2/26/04
A long, long time ago, in a place far away, Cat so spoke:
[CUT]

>>2] Who do you think should never have been allowed a career in the film
>>industry?
>Shelley Duvall
[CUT]

Isn't she the woman who played Wendy in Stanley Kubrick's "Shining"?

Marco
--
"It ain't no sin to be glad you're alive" Bruce Springsteen

Susie

Feb 26, 2004, 9:51:48 PM2/26/04

"Marco" <skyphusN...@libero.it> wrote in message

> A long, long time ago, in a place far away, Cat so spoke:
> [CUT]
> >>2] Who do you think should never have been allowed a career in the film
> >>industry?
> >Shelley Duvall
> [CUT]
>
> Isn't she the woman who played Wendy in Stanley Kubrick's "Shining"?

Yep. And she was Olive Oyl in 'Popeye', the two best things she ever did.
;-)

> Marco

Susie

Marco

Feb 26, 2004, 9:53:09 PM2/26/04
A long, long time ago, in a place far away, Susie so spoke:

>> >Shelley Duvall
>> Isn't she the woman who played Wendy in Stanley Kubrick's "Shining"?
>Yep. And she was Olive Oyl in 'Popeye', the two best things she ever did.

WOW!
I can't imagine the worst!

Marco
--
"We are the end of the endless song" Spinal Tap

Susie

Feb 26, 2004, 9:58:06 PM2/26/04

> >2] Who do you think should never have been allowed a career in the film
> >industry?
>
> Tom Hanks.

Whaaa.... TH is great!

> >4] Inner city literacy rates are falling, drug abuse amongst school kids
is
> >rising, 15% of Americans live at, or below, the poverty line, and 20%
cannot
> >afford medical insurance, or don't get adequate medical coverage. The
Pres
> >'wants to go to Mars'. Could it be considered a waste of money?
>
> If he went himself to stay, not at all.

BWAHAHA!! You are so totally right!

> Marco

Susie

Cat

Feb 26, 2004, 10:04:49 PM2/26/04
>>>2] Who do you think should never have been allowed a career in the film
>>>industry?
>>Shelley Duvall
>[CUT]
>
>Isn't she the woman who played Wendy in Stanley Kubrick's "Shining"?
>
>Marco

EXACTLY.

~cat~
I wished the buck stopped here, as I could use a few.
www.purevolume.com/hellogoodbye

Susie

Feb 26, 2004, 10:15:05 PM2/26/04

> A long, long time ago, in a place far away, Susie so spoke:
> >> Isn't she the woman who played Wendy in Stanley Kubrick's "Shining"?
> >Yep. And she was Olive Oyl in 'Popeye', the two best things she ever
did.

> WOW!
> I can't imagine the worst!

You don't want to.

> Marco

Suse

Chip

Feb 26, 2004, 10:36:44 PM2/26/04

Thunderchief <d...@thunderchief1.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message

Well, here the meat is beef, spiced. Some places really spice it up, while
others hold back. I like it spicy, myself. The sauce is actually made from a
sweetener (usually sugar), white or malt vinegar and mayonnaise. I know it
sounds like a weird combination, but DAMN they're good. For filler, most
places give you the option of raw onions, diced tomatoes and lettuce. Some
add cheese (usually mozzarella) and pepperoni. All this is served on either
a rolled pita bread (I think that's what it is) or on a pizza crust. Either
way is fine with me. One thing, though. They're messy as hell.

Chip

Feb 26, 2004, 11:15:29 PM2/26/04
Thunderchief wrote:
> There I was, minding my own business, when T said...
>
>> Thunderchief wrote:
>>> There I was, minding my own business, when T said...

>>> I loved that place, you know? The food was good, you could see into
>>> the kitchen, good music playing, that whole 50's diner 'feel'....Oh
>>> yeah! :-)
>>
>> It *is* good. I haven't been since we were there. : /
>
> No? You gotta go for the extras with the order though. I really
> liked there chilli, though I couldn't eat it all :-)

I could go for some onion rings right now. : )

> Duncan
> Could easily eat there once or twice a week!!!

But the drive! They should open one down here!

Chip

Feb 26, 2004, 11:28:20 PM2/26/04

T <carolin...@earthlink.net> wrote in message

> I could go for some onion rings right now. : )

Anyone like A&W's onion rings? I think they're the best out there in "fast
food" land.

Chip

Ernest Fairchild

Feb 26, 2004, 11:25:52 PM2/26/04
"Susie" <bas...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> You don't want to.

LOL! Okay, I amend my answer. Shelley Duvall.

Ugliest bitch that couldn't act to ever grace the silver screen.

Chip

Feb 26, 2004, 11:39:07 PM2/26/04

> "Susie" <bas...@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> >
> > You don't want to.
>
> LOL! Okay, I amend my answer. Shelley Duvall.
>
> Ugliest bitch that couldn't act to ever grace the silver screen.

Shit, I wish I could remember her name. She used to model (I think), she's a
lesbian (I think), redhead (I think). She played a lesbian on Rosanne (she
dated Arnie, Tom Arnold's charactor, for a while. Then she was dating Morgan
Fairchild in the show). Tall, skinny thing. Looks like someone whacked the
hell out of her with the ugly stick. For me, she should have the title of

"Ugliest bitch that couldn't act to ever grace the silver screen."

Chip

Susie

Feb 26, 2004, 11:37:06 PM2/26/04

"Chip" <m...@privacy.net> wrote in message

> > I could go for some onion rings right now. : )

> Anyone like A&W's onion rings? I think they're the best out there in "fast
> food" land.

I don't have an A&W here, but Sonic's onion rings really rock.

> Chip

Suse

Susie

Feb 26, 2004, 11:39:30 PM2/26/04

"Ernest Fairchild" <ern...@delphidude.com> wrote in message
> "Susie" <bas...@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> >
> > You don't want to.
>
> LOL! Okay, I amend my answer. Shelley Duvall.
>
> Ugliest bitch that couldn't act to ever grace the silver screen.

She tries, I know. And I am sure she has some redeeming qualities. But,
truthfully, she bugged the shit out of me in The Shining. Reading the book,
I pictured someone so much more together than what she protrayed.

> Ernest

Suse

Ernest Fairchild

Feb 26, 2004, 11:45:34 PM2/26/04

> Shit, I wish I could remember her name. She used to model (I think),
she's a
> lesbian (I think), redhead (I think). She played a lesbian on Rosanne
(she
> dated Arnie, Tom Arnold's charactor, for a while. Then she was dating
Morgan
> Fairchild in the show). Tall, skinny thing. Looks like someone whacked
the
> hell out of her with the ugly stick. For me, she should have the title
of
> "Ugliest bitch that couldn't act to ever grace the silver screen."

Well, I have no idea who you mean, but she sounds bad ;-(

Ernest Fairchild

Feb 26, 2004, 11:53:42 PM2/26/04

> She tries, I know. And I am sure she has some redeeming qualities.
But,
> truthfully, she bugged the shit out of me in The Shining. Reading the
book,
> I pictured someone so much more together than what she protrayed.

I don't remember who played her in the miniseries, but that was *SO*
much more Wendy to me.

Susie

Feb 26, 2004, 11:55:57 PM2/26/04

"Chip" <m...@privacy.net> wrote in message

> Ernest Fairchild <ern...@delphidude.com> wrote in message
> > "Susie" <bas...@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > >
> > > You don't want to.
> >
> > LOL! Okay, I amend my answer. Shelley Duvall.
> >
> > Ugliest bitch that couldn't act to ever grace the silver screen.
>
> Shit, I wish I could remember her name. She used to model (I think), she's
> lesbian (I think), redhead (I think). She played a lesbian on Rosanne (she
> dated Arnie, Tom Arnold's charactor, for a while. Then she was dating
Morgan
> Fairchild in the show). Tall, skinny thing. Looks like someone whacked the
> hell out of her with the ugly stick. For me, she should have the title of
> "Ugliest bitch that couldn't act to ever grace the silver screen."

Sandra Bernhardt

> Chip

Feb 26, 2004, 11:56:07 PM2/26/04
Chip wrote:
> Ernest Fairchild <ern...@delphidude.com> wrote in message
>> "Susie" <bas...@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>>
>>> You don't want to.
>>
>> LOL! Okay, I amend my answer. Shelley Duvall.
>>
>> Ugliest bitch that couldn't act to ever grace the silver screen.
>
> Shit, I wish I could remember her name. She used to model (I think),
> she's a lesbian (I think), redhead (I think). She played a lesbian on
> Rosanne (she dated Arnie, Tom Arnold's charactor, for a while. Then
> she was dating Morgan Fairchild in the show). Tall, skinny thing.
> Looks like someone whacked the hell out of her with the ugly stick.
> For me, she should have the title of "Ugliest bitch that couldn't act
> to ever grace the silver screen."

Sandra Bernhard, I think you mean.

Feb 26, 2004, 11:57:19 PM2/26/04
Ernest Fairchild wrote:
> "Susie" <bas...@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>
>> She tries, I know. And I am sure she has some redeeming qualities.
>> But, truthfully, she bugged the shit out of me in The Shining.
>> Reading the book, I pictured someone so much more together than what
>> she protrayed.
>
> I don't remember who played her in the miniseries, but that was *SO*
> much more Wendy to me.

Rebecca DeMornay.

Susie

Feb 26, 2004, 11:59:34 PM2/26/04

> "Susie" <bas...@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> >
> > She tries, I know. And I am sure she has some redeeming qualities.
> But,
> > truthfully, she bugged the shit out of me in The Shining. Reading the
> book,
> > I pictured someone so much more together than what she protrayed.
>
> I don't remember who played her in the miniseries, but that was *SO*
> much more Wendy to me.

The miniseries was so much better, wasn't it. I like Stanley Kubrick but I
like the version that was much closer to SK's book.

>Ernest

Susie

Feb 27, 2004, 12:03:36 AM2/27/04

"T" <carolin...@earthlink.net> wrote in message

Yeah. She was really right.

loves intials

Chip

Feb 27, 2004, 12:12:35 AM2/27/04

> Sandra Bernhardt

THAT'S HER!!! One damn ugly chick.

Chip

> > Chip

Chip

Feb 27, 2004, 12:13:02 AM2/27/04

T <carolin...@earthlink.net> wrote in message

Yup, it was. Thanks, T

Chip

Ernest Fairchild

Feb 27, 2004, 12:09:02 AM2/27/04
"T" <carolin...@earthlink.net> wrote in message

> Rebecca DeMornay.

Thanks. SK describes Wendy as "beautiful" and I just saw her as so much
more beautiful than Duvall.

Ernest Fairchild

Feb 27, 2004, 12:13:02 AM2/27/04

> The miniseries was so much better, wasn't it. I like Stanley Kubrick
but I
> like the version that was much closer to SK's book.

Oh, yeah. I'm generally a Kubrick fan, also, but he major bit it in the
Shining.

Yeah, yeah, Nicholson plays a crazy person like no other, but he wasn't
supposed to be crazy at the *beginning*.

And other points. Anyway, when it was remade, I watched all three days
of it (wish I had videotaped the dang thing) and loved it.

Thunderchief

Feb 27, 2004, 4:11:35 AM2/27/04
There I was, minding my own business, when T said...

[Steak'n'Shake]

>> No? You gotta go for the extras with the order though. I really
>> liked there chilli, though I couldn't eat it all :-)
>
> I could go for some onion rings right now. : )
>
>> Duncan
>> Could easily eat there once or twice a week!!!
>
> But the drive! They should open one down here!

It is a bit of a trek, isn't it?

Duncan
But worth it!

Thunderchief

Feb 27, 2004, 4:13:53 AM2/27/04
There I was, minding my own business, when Chip said...

> Thunderchief <d...@thunderchief1.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message
>> There I was, minding my own business, when OU812? said...
>>

>>> I've had donairs (there's an I guys)
>>
>> No there ain't. But I wouldn't rule out regional variations on the
>> spelling. Not over here, though. Donar all the way.
>>
>>> with both tzatziki sauce (sorta
>>> yogurty and tart) or with the traditional (or is it?) white sweet
>>> sauce. Both ways are good, in fact, i can't even pick which i like
>>> better.. :)
>>
>> The tzatziki sauce sounds kinda interesting...
>>

>>> Kristy
>>
>> Duncan
>
> Well, here the meat is beef, spiced.

Its usually Lamb over here. Or what started off as lamb, anyhoo ;-)

> Some places really spice it up,
> while others hold back. I like it spicy, myself. The sauce is
> actually made from a sweetener (usually sugar), white or malt vinegar
> and mayonnaise. I know it sounds like a weird combination, but DAMN
> they're good. For filler, most places give you the option of raw
> onions, diced tomatoes and lettuce. Some add cheese (usually
> mozzarella) and pepperoni. All this is served on either a rolled pita
> bread (I think that's what it is) or on a pizza crust. Either way is
> fine with me. One thing, though. They're messy as hell.

We tend to get ours in a pitta bread, but some places do them in a naan
bread. A naan is unlevened, kinda flat, kinda like a pizza crust.

> Chip

Duncan
Loves 'em.

Thunderchief

Feb 27, 2004, 4:15:55 AM2/27/04
There I was, minding my own business, when Susie said...

> "Thunderchief" <d...@thunderchief1.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message

>> 1] Which is the most appalling movie ever made that you have seen?
>
> Don't know if appalling is the right word but Highlander II pretty
> much sucked.

Yes it did!

>> 5] What is your favourite type of 'fast food'?
>
> At the moment, grilled stuffed burritos.

Mmmm....burritos....

>> 7] What did you have for dinner last night? (I must be getting
>> hungry, its nearly lunchtime!)
>
> I didn't really have 'dinner'. I had some french fries from the
> cafeteria not long before I left work, so I wasn't hungry when I got
> home. I often don't eat dinner, supper...tea?

Hehehe. Tea. Yes. What the English call Dinner ;-)

> C'mon, folks! Send the bios! If I can, you can. :-)

Yes! I second this!

>> Duncan
>
> Susie

Duncan

Thunderchief

Feb 27, 2004, 4:17:12 AM2/27/04
There I was, minding my own business, when Marco said...

>> 6] What is your favourite 'fast food' restaurant?
>

> I've only tried MicMacDonald's and Burger King. And onion rings win.

No way! BK onion rings *suck*!

>> 9d] Which other countries have you visited?
>
> Former Yugoslavia; Austria; Switzerland; Germany; Denmark; Sweden;
> Finland; France; U.K. (England, Scotland and Northern Ireland, not
> Wales); Eire; Spain. Then, the asshole countries: Andorra,
> Liechtnestein [sp?]; and San Marino Republic, and the Vatican State
> ;-P

Thats *some* travelling!

> Marco

Duncan

Marco

Feb 27, 2004, 6:24:11 AM2/27/04
A long, long time ago, in a place far away, Susie so spoke:
>> 1] Which is the most appalling movie ever made that you have seen?
>Don't know if appalling is the right word but Highlander II pretty much
>sucked.

But come on! It featured some ######## and a bit of ##### and even ####!

>> Should the politicians who allowed this state of affairs to
>> happen by bowing to pressure from the religious community for nothing more
>> than more votes, be strung up and left out for the crows?
>Yeah. They should.

But... but... poor crows!
I'm calling Greenpiss!

[CUT]
>> 8a] Have you swum in the ocean?
>Nope.
>> 8b] Which one?
>I swam in the Gulf of Mexico. Does that count?

I suppose it does...

[CUT]
>> 9c] For business or pleasure?
>Pleasure. I saw the loveliest botanical garden in Vancouver.

By the way, did you know that the oldest botanical garden in the world
is more or less 500 metres from my home? ^_^

>> 9d] Which other countries have you visited?

>none
[CUT]

What about Can-a-dah?

Marco
NP Malaavia - Danze d'incenso
--
"There's no more time for crying over spilled milk, now it's time for
crying in your beer" "Weird Al" Yankovic

Marco

Feb 27, 2004, 6:24:12 AM2/27/04
A long, long time ago, in a place far away, Susie so spoke:
>> >2] Who do you think should never have been allowed a career in the film
>> >industry?
>> Tom Hanks.
>Whaaa.... TH is great!
[CUT]

Come on, he got only ONE expression!

Marco
NP Malaavia - Danze d'incenso
--

"I'm feeling dead depressed and down. Like a streetlamp without a bulb
or a goose at the onset of Christmas time. Anyroad, I thought I'd pen a

Marco

Feb 27, 2004, 6:24:12 AM2/27/04
A long, long time ago, in a place far away, Thunderchief so spoke:

>>> 6] What is your favourite 'fast food' restaurant?
>> I've only tried MicMacDonald's and Burger King. And onion rings win.
>No way! BK onion rings *suck*!

:-(
But... but... ONIONS! In RINGS!

>>> 9d] Which other countries have you visited?
>> Former Yugoslavia; Austria; Switzerland; Germany; Denmark; Sweden;
>> Finland; France; U.K. (England, Scotland and Northern Ireland, not
>> Wales); Eire; Spain. Then, the asshole countries: Andorra,
>> Liechtnestein [sp?]; and San Marino Republic, and the Vatican State

>Thats *some* travelling!

Just a bit; I've missed Holland and Belgium (and Luxembourg) two summers
ago...

Marco
NP Malaavia - Danze d'incenso
--

"Hail Mary full of grace, let us blow this goddam place" Stephen King

Marco

Feb 27, 2004, 6:24:13 AM2/27/04
A long, long time ago, in a place far away, Susie so spoke:
>> >Yep. And she was Olive Oyl in 'Popeye', the two best things she ever did.
>> I can't imagine the worst!

>You don't want to.

O_o
Gimme some titles to avoid!

Marco
NP Malaavia - Danze d'incenso
--

"Sometimes love's a loaded gun and it shoots to kill" Alice Cooper

Marco

Feb 27, 2004, 6:24:14 AM2/27/04
A long, long time ago, in a place far away, Ernest Fairchild so spoke:

>LOL! Okay, I amend my answer. Shelley Duvall.
>Ugliest bitch that couldn't act to ever grace the silver screen.

You know, in "Shining"... I think Jack was FUCKIN' RIGHT! *SHE* was
driving him crazy! I'd have done the same. Only, before.

Marco

Feb 27, 2004, 6:24:15 AM2/27/04
A long, long time ago, in a place far away, Susie so spoke:
[CUT - Shitty Duvall]

>truthfully, she bugged the shit out of me in The Shining. Reading the book,
>I pictured someone so much more together than what she protrayed.

Well, King says esplicitly that Wendy is GOOD-LOOKING!

Marco
NP Malaavia - Danze d'incenso
--

"Your sense of humor is like a horse, riding across the plains, stopping
occasionally for a drink" Wojo (AUG)

Marco

Feb 27, 2004, 6:24:16 AM2/27/04
A long, long time ago, in a place far away, Susie so spoke:
[Shining]

>The miniseries was so much better, wasn't it. I like Stanley Kubrick but I
>like the version that was much closer to SK's book.

O_o
I think the miniseries WAS more fitting to SK's ideas, but the actors
were SO bad... while SK's version (aye, SK vs SK) was not that SK-esque
(actually, it was ANOTHER story), but it WAS a *masterwork*!

Marco
NP Malaavia - Danze d'incenso
--

"A man who lies about beer makes enemies" Stephen King

Marco

Feb 27, 2004, 6:24:15 AM2/27/04
A long, long time ago, in a place far away, Ernest Fairchild so spoke:

>I don't remember who played her in the miniseries, but that was *SO*
>much more Wendy to me.

A good-looking actress :-)
Not a *good* actress, but she was not UGLY!

Marco
NP Malaavia - Danze d'incenso

Marco

Feb 27, 2004, 6:24:17 AM2/27/04
A long, long time ago, in a place far away, Ernest Fairchild so spoke:
[CUT]

>Yeah, yeah, Nicholson plays a crazy person like no other, but he wasn't
>supposed to be crazy at the *beginning*.
[CUT]

Well, imagine you are married to a hysterical ugly bitch like that one.
Wouldn't you have killing instincts?

Marco
NP Malaavia - Danze d'incenso
--

"You can love your pets... just don't *love* your pets"
quoted by Cat (AUG)

Marco

Feb 27, 2004, 6:24:17 AM2/27/04
A long, long time ago, in a place far away, Cat so spoke:

>>>Shelley Duvall
>>Isn't she the woman who played Wendy in Stanley Kubrick's "Shining"?
>EXACTLY.

Poor Wendy.

Thunderchief

Feb 27, 2004, 6:59:39 AM2/27/04
There I was, minding my own business, when Marco said...

> A long, long time ago, in a place far away, Thunderchief so spoke:

>>> I've only tried MicMacDonald's and Burger King. And onion rings
>>> win. No way! BK onion rings *suck*!
>
> :-(
> But... but... ONIONS! In RINGS!

Last time I had BK onion rings they came in bread crumbs. Now thats just
*wrong*...

>>> Former Yugoslavia; Austria; Switzerland; Germany; Denmark; Sweden;
>>> Finland; France; U.K. (England, Scotland and Northern Ireland, not
>>> Wales); Eire; Spain. Then, the asshole countries: Andorra,
>>> Liechtnestein [sp?]; and San Marino Republic, and the Vatican State
>>> Thats *some* travelling!
>
> Just a bit; I've missed Holland and Belgium (and Luxembourg) two
> summers ago...

Even more!

> Marco
> NP Malaavia - Danze d'incenso

Duncan

Marco

Feb 27, 2004, 12:34:22 PM2/27/04
A long, long time ago, in a place far away, Thunderchief so spoke:
>> But... but... ONIONS! In RINGS!
>Last time I had BK onion rings they came in bread crumbs. Now thats just
>*wrong*...

Rings in crumbs? Hm.

>> Just a bit; I've missed Holland and Belgium (and Luxembourg) two
>> summers ago...
>Even more!

But I've never crossed the pond (uh, I forgot Albania).

Marco
--
"Space is not really big, it is simply somewhere to be big in"
Terry Pratchett

Cat

Feb 27, 2004, 2:13:25 PM2/27/04
>> Ugliest bitch that couldn't act to ever grace the silver screen.
>
>Shit, I wish I could remember her name. She used to model (I think), she's a
>lesbian (I think), redhead (I think). She played a lesbian on Rosanne (she
>dated Arnie, Tom Arnold's charactor, for a while. Then she was dating Morgan
>Fairchild in the show). Tall, skinny thing. Looks like someone whacked the
>hell out of her with the ugly stick. For me, she should have the title of
>"Ugliest bitch that couldn't act to ever grace the silver screen."
>
>Chip

Sandra Bernhart - she's done Madonna ;-)

~cat~
I wished the buck stopped here, as I could use a few.
www.purevolume.com/hellogoodbye

Feb 27, 2004, 5:56:01 PM2/27/04
Thunderchief wrote:
> There I was, minding my own business, when Marco said...
>
>> A long, long time ago, in a place far away, Thunderchief so spoke:
>>
>> :-(
>> But... but... ONIONS! In RINGS!
>
> Last time I had BK onion rings they came in bread crumbs. Now thats
> just *wrong*...

And I don't know about over there, but over here, they mince the onion. Ick!

Onion rings should be just that...rings of onion, dipped in batter and fried
until a crispy golden brown. Anything else doesn't deserve the name.

Marco

Feb 27, 2004, 6:03:36 PM2/27/04
A long, long time ago, in a place far away, T so spoke:

>And I don't know about over there, but over here, they mince the onion. Ick!

Yes, they do that.

>Onion rings should be just that...rings of onion, dipped in batter and fried
>until a crispy golden brown. Anything else doesn't deserve the name.

Well... well.
Better than MicMac's fries, IMO.

Marco
--
"We are scanning the scene in the city tonight, looking for you to start
up a fight" Metallica

Feb 27, 2004, 6:42:19 PM2/27/04
Marco wrote:
> A long, long time ago, in a place far away, T so spoke:
>> And I don't know about over there, but over here, they mince the
>> onion. Ick!
>
> Yes, they do that.
>
>> Onion rings should be just that...rings of onion, dipped in batter
>> and fried until a crispy golden brown. Anything else doesn't
>> deserve the name.
>
> Well... well.
> Better than MicMac's fries, IMO.

That ain't sayin' much. ; )

Marco

Feb 27, 2004, 6:49:13 PM2/27/04
A long, long time ago, in a place far away, T so spoke:
>>> Onion rings

>> Better than MicMac's fries, IMO.
>That ain't sayin' much. ; )

But, Trena, you see... we only have MicMac and BoorgerKing, and the
latest not everywhere (for instance, in my town it colsed up before last
summer).

Marco
--
"There is a particular disdain with which Siamese cats regard you.
Anyone who has accidentally walked in on the Queen cleaning her teeth

Feb 27, 2004, 6:49:37 PM2/27/04
Marco wrote:
> A long, long time ago, in a place far away, T so spoke:
>>> Better than MicMac's fries, IMO.
>> That ain't sayin' much. ; )
>
> But, Trena, you see... we only have MicMac and BoorgerKing, and the
> latest not everywhere (for instance, in my town it colsed up before
> last summer).

But Marco, you can make onion rings at home!

Marco

Feb 27, 2004, 6:54:34 PM2/27/04
A long, long time ago, in a place far away, T so spoke:
>> But, Trena, you see... we only have MicMac and BoorgerKing,
>But Marco, you can make onion rings at home!

Of course, and I do, but we were talking about fast food "restaurants"!

Marco
--
"I love deadlines. I love the whooshing noise they make as they go by"
Douglas Adams

Ernest Fairchild

Feb 28, 2004, 1:18:53 AM2/28/04

> You know, in "Shining"... I think Jack was FUCKIN' RIGHT! *SHE* was
> driving him crazy! I'd have done the same. Only, before.

Ayuh. I figured that out a long time ago ;-)

Ernest Fairchild

Feb 28, 2004, 1:21:01 AM2/28/04

> A good-looking actress :-)
> Not a *good* actress, but she was not UGLY!

I thought she was fairly good. And the kid was WAY better. No talking
fingers in the miniseries.

Ernest Fairchild

Feb 28, 2004, 1:22:52 AM2/28/04

> Well, imagine you are married to a hysterical ugly bitch like that
one.
> Wouldn't you have killing instincts?

So true <g>.

Marco

Feb 28, 2004, 8:46:33 AM2/28/04
A long, long time ago, in a place far away, Ernest Fairchild so spoke:
>> You know, in "Shining"... I think Jack was FUCKIN' RIGHT! *SHE* was
>> driving him crazy! I'd have done the same. Only, before.
>Ayuh. I figured that out a long time ago ;-)

Well, I'd do the same if I was closed anywhere with YOU. And if I was
not, well, I'd just close the door and SAY I was locked ;-P

Marco
NP Willie Oteri - Spiral Out
--
If you can't change your mind, are you sure you still have one?

Marco

Feb 28, 2004, 8:46:34 AM2/28/04
A long, long time ago, in a place far away, Ernest Fairchild so spoke:
>> A good-looking actress :-)
>> Not a *good* actress, but she was not UGLY!
>I thought she was fairly good.

Well, not really, IMO. And still the best in the series ^_^

>And the kid was WAY better.

Ayuh, better than Kubbie's one!

>No talking fingers in the miniseries.

AAAAAAAAAAAGH TONY THE FINGER!

Marco
NP Willie Oteri - Spiral Out
--

"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as
kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills

Marco

Feb 28, 2004, 8:46:35 AM2/28/04
A long, long time ago, in a place far away, Ernest Fairchild so spoke:
>> Well, imagine you are married to a hysterical ugly bitch like that
>> one. Wouldn't you have killing instincts?
>So true <g>.

Heh ^_^

Thunderchief

Feb 28, 2004, 9:38:53 AM2/28/04
There I was, minding my own business, when Ernest Fairchild said...

> "Marco" <skyphusN...@libero.it> wrote in message
>>
>> A good-looking actress :-)
>> Not a *good* actress, but she was not UGLY!
>
> I thought she was fairly good. And the kid was WAY better. No talking
> fingers in the miniseries.

Redrum!

Redrum!!!

> Have a great day!
>
> Ernest

Hehehe'd,
Duncan

Marco

Feb 28, 2004, 6:49:21 PM2/28/04
A long, long time ago, in a place far away, Thunderchief so spoke:

>> I thought she was fairly good. And the kid was WAY better. No talking
>> fingers in the miniseries.
>Redrum!
>Redrum!!!

Rum? Where? With some Coke, maybe? :-P

Marco
NP Fates Warning - Inside Out
--
"Souls pour charms on good dreams" Brychan

Missy

Feb 28, 2004, 8:05:42 PM2/28/04
> 1] Which is the most appalling movie ever made that you have seen?

"Judge Dredd" - I despise that movie!

> 2] Who do you think should never have been allowed a career in the
> film industry?

J-lo!

> 3] Georgia *appears* to be going the same way as Kansas with the whole
> creationism thing being taught in school instead of evolution. Look,
> right, even the freaking Pope has gone on record as saying that
> creationism isn't the whole thing. Should the politicians who allowed
> this state of affairs to happen by bowing to pressure from the
> religious community for nothing more than more votes, be strung up
> and left out for the crows?

Uhm, I'm going to pass on this one, because it makes my head hurt.

> 4] Inner city literacy rates are falling, drug abuse amongst school
> kids is rising, 15% of Americans live at, or below, the poverty line,
> and 20% cannot afford medical insurance, or don't get adequate
> medical coverage. The Pres 'wants to go to Mars'. Could it be
> considered a waste of money?

Yes, I think so

> 5] What is your favourite type of 'fast food'?

I've been craving something I haven't had in probably 20 years - Arthur
Treachers Fish and Chips, with tons of malt vinegar.

> 6] What is your favourite 'fast food' restaurant?

Probably Jason's Deli, since I can get good sandwiches and killer salads

> 7] What did you have for dinner last night? (I must be getting
> hungry, its nearly lunchtime!)

I didn't eat dinner last night, but when I woke up shocky at 3:30 in the
morning, I had a glass of OJ and a spoonful of peanut butter. <G>

> 8a] Have you swum in the ocean?

Yes

> 8b] Which one?

Atlantic and Pacific (and Gulf of Mexico, where ever that fits in)

> 9a] Do you own a passport?

Nope - mine expired when I was 7

> 9b] Have you ever visited another country?

Mexico and Canada

> 9c] For business or pleasure?

Pleasure

> 10a] Have you sent your bio to T for the homepage?

Yes, but she embellished it and said nice things about me, so it's no longer
accurate. <G>

Thanks Duncan!

Missy

Thunderchief

Feb 28, 2004, 8:41:02 PM2/28/04
There I was, minding my own business, when Marco said...

> A long, long time ago, in a place far away, Thunderchief so spoke:
>>> I thought she was fairly good. And the kid was WAY better. No
>>> talking fingers in the miniseries.
>> Redrum!
>> Redrum!!!
>
> Rum? Where? With some Coke, maybe? :-P

Usually.... ;-)

> Marco
> NP Fates Warning - Inside Out

Duncan

Thunderchief

Feb 28, 2004, 8:44:10 PM2/28/04
There I was, minding my own business, when Missy said...

>> 1] Which is the most appalling movie ever made that you have seen?
>
> "Judge Dredd" - I despise that movie!

How do you think I felt?!?! I grew up with the comics!!

>> 2] Who do you think should never have been allowed a career in the
>> film industry?
>
> J-lo!

I can find no way of disagreeing with you on that!!

>> 5] What is your favourite type of 'fast food'?
>
> I've been craving something I haven't had in probably 20 years -
> Arthur Treachers Fish and Chips, with tons of malt vinegar.

You gotta have malt on Fish'n'cChips!! That lamo white stuff just does *not*
do it!!

>> 7] What did you have for dinner last night? (I must be getting
>> hungry, its nearly lunchtime!)
>
> I didn't eat dinner last night, but when I woke up shocky at 3:30 in
> the morning, I had a glass of OJ and a spoonful of peanut butter. <G>

Isn;t that *so* easy to do?! :-)

>> 8a] Have you swum in the ocean?
>
> Yes
>
>> 8b] Which one?
>
> Atlantic and Pacific (and Gulf of Mexico, where ever that fits in)

Probably kinda atlantic? ;-)

>> 9a] Do you own a passport?
>
> Nope - mine expired when I was 7
>
>> 9b] Have you ever visited another country?
>
> Mexico and Canada
>
>> 9c] For business or pleasure?
>
> Pleasure
>
>> 10a] Have you sent your bio to T for the homepage?
>
> Yes, but she embellished it and said nice things about me, so it's no
> longer accurate. <G>

Oh but it is! :-)

> Thanks Duncan!

:-)

Missy

Duncan

Marco

Feb 28, 2004, 8:51:39 PM2/28/04
A long, long time ago, in a place far away, Thunderchief so spoke:
>>> Redrum!
>>> Redrum!!!
>> Rum? Where? With some Coke, maybe? :-P
>Usually.... ;-)

Where's it?

Marco
--
Abraham Lincoln didn't die in vain. He died in Washington, D.C.

Feb 29, 2004, 1:28:15 AM2/29/04
Missy wrote:
>> 5] What is your favourite type of 'fast food'?
>
> I've been craving something I haven't had in probably 20 years -
> Arthur Treachers Fish and Chips, with tons of malt vinegar.

That sounds yummy. : )

>> 10a] Have you sent your bio to T for the homepage?
>
> Yes, but she embellished it and said nice things about me, so it's no
> longer accurate. <G>

You just hush! It's true! It's all true!

It is loading more messages.