The "Anti-relationshipper" ballot

Crunchy Frog

May 28, 1996, 3:00:00 AM5/28/96

Hi all! I haven't been around much, for various reasons, but I've
finally got together a ballot for the non-romantic/anti-relationshippers/
whatever re-naming. So without further ado,

The "Anti-Relationshipper" Renaming Contest

OK, Here are the names I've gotten so far... I've tried to narrow
it down to ones that stress M & Ss' friendship, partnership, etc, vs.
anti-romance, but a couple 'unsuitable' ones I left in just because they
got me to chuckle. I also admit I did a bit of editing on one of the
mottos; it was two, but I thought is sounded better as one phrase.

-----------------------------names-----------------------------

AAA (anti-relationshippers anonymous)

Bonders

Bonhomists

Carterians

Confreres

Droogis (mangled Russian: Friends)

Duzhba (as above: Friendship)

Forsters (as in E.M.)

Friendshippers

Kindred Spirits (any L.M. Montgomery fans out there?)

Les Bons Amis (LBA)

Ne'er Will Dos (instead of "ne'er do wells")

Neuroticans (or No-'roticas)

NoRomos (Non-romantics)

Objectivists

Partnershippers

Platonic Patrol

Rapportniks

Separatists (I don't think the Canadian contingent
will like this one!)
Simpaticists

TNWNH Brigade (The No Way, No How Brigade)

Transcendentalists

TSTYMBJ Brigade (The Sexual Tension? You Must Be Joking! Brigade)*

The Society Of Friends (apologies to the Quakers)

USTease

Vagueabonds

X-treme Probabilities

*note: several non-romantics saw/still see UST in the M&S relationship,
but don't think that UST automatically means a compatible romantic
relationship.
--------------------------------mottos-----------------------------

Mottos: A friend in need is a friend indeed;
and friends indeed need not do the deed.

Keep the "U" in UST!

Partners, not prophylactics!

Noho on the Romo!

Never the twain shall meet

Comrades in arms, not comrades *in eachothers'* arms!

Scully can do better (sorry, that just slipped out!)

Neurotica, not erotica!

Mulder, keep your hand on your GUN.

Scully can do much better (oops, sorry again!)

It was root beer, not iced tea.

Friends don't let friends sleep with their partners.

Did I mention that Scully can do better? <g>

Love, but not "in love".

Passionately Professional, Perfectly Platonic

Viva la Platonica!

NOW, what you have to do is e-mail me your top 3 names, and top 3
mottos. I'll narrow it down further, and post the winners. Unfortunately,
I only get to check my mail once a week right now (due to a critically
ill monitor in the Intensive Care ward at the local compu-vet), so I
won't be replying to everyone who votes... But vote by June 10th, and
then I'll post the results in the following week.

ALSO, I'm compiling a sort of FAQ-y thingy for <insert favourite
name here>. So send me *your* reasons why you don't think a M & S romance
is inevitable/credible/comprehendable. Also feel free to include misc.
things like your age (say 10-20, or 20-30, or 30-40 is close enough),
etc. All info will be kept confidential, and just used to describe the
range of fans who are pro-platonic/anit-romance, whatever.

OK, this is your mission (should you choose to accept it). If any
of you are captured by X-phile matchmakers, this department will disavow
any knowledge of you and your activities. This post will self-destruct in
about a week. :)

Crunchy Frog @ @ / Heaven and Earth are not benevolent. To them \
<:8 )-- /( o )\ < men are like straw dogs destined for sacrifice.)
awa...@sfu.ca ^^ ^^ \___________--Lao_Tzu,_"Tao_Te_Ching"__________/

Who really isn't much bothered by the move to Sunday night.