to ship or not to ship??

1 view

Mick Swan

Dec 7, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/7/98
Ok...I am so out of the loop here.....how do I know if I am a shipper or
not!!! I am losing sleep over this...is it good??? is it bad??? Who will
explain this to me??!?!?!?

-mick swan

just a ordinary NH phile

Pezgrrl

Dec 8, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/8/98
>Ok...I am so out of the loop here.....how do I know if I am a shipper or
>not!!! I am losing sleep over this...is it good??? is it bad??? Who will
>explain this to me??!?!?!?

do you spend countless nights going over the Triangle kiss? Do you wish it
really were raining sleeping bags? Do you hum 'joy to the world' off tune and
giggle. Have you ever watched Mulder's lovely whimpering scene in Redux 2 in
slow motion or with your favorite sappy love song playing and candles lit? And
finally, the real test, did Scully say 'i love you' at the end of the X-files
movie?

shipper good. be a shipper.

Sometimes there just aren't enough rocks.

Strbuck715

christy

Dec 8, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/8/98
Mick Swan wrote:

> Ok...I am so out of the loop here.....how do I know if I am a shipper or
> not!!! I am losing sleep over this...is it good??? is it bad??? Who will
> explain this to me??!?!?!?

Its a good thing! Shippers come in all shapes and sizes, but all agree
that Mulder and Scully are in love and eventually want them to get
together romantically on the show. Some want it now, others want it to
wait until the last ep. Some think sex must be explicitly involved,
others are happy with sex being implied or ambiguous.

If you don't see the love between our heroes, you fall in the noromo
camp.

If you aren't sure, or prefer the UST, you are probably a fence sitter.

If you simply don't care one way or the other as long as the show stays
good, then you are a ....I dunno what you are. We don't have any labels
to put on you. Just a fan/phile maybe?

christy, who is most definitely a shipper
SAC, KickAss! Women's Brigade, ATXF Shipper Division

Jad3dCat

Dec 9, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/9/98
>christy wrote:
>Mick Swan wrote:
>>
>> Ok...I am so out of the loop here.....how do I know if I am a shipper or
>> not!!! I am losing sleep over this...is it good??? is it bad??? Who will
>> explain this to me??!?!?!?
>
>Its a good thing! Shippers come in all shapes and sizes, but all agree
>that Mulder and Scully are in love and eventually want them to get
>together romantically on the show. Some want it now, others want it to
>wait until the last ep. Some think sex must be explicitly involved,
>others are happy with sex being implied or ambiguous.
>
>If you don't see the love between our heroes, you fall in the noromo
>camp.

What if you see Mulder in love with Scully but think Scully is in love with
Skinner, but could really care less who gets together with who as long as
Skinner is in a lot of scenes? (preferably sans shirt ;)

JadedCat

Tuluum

Dec 9, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/9/98

> >christy wrote:

> >Its a good thing! Shippers come in all shapes and sizes, but all agree
> >that Mulder and Scully are in love and eventually want them to get
> >together romantically on the show. Some want it now, others want it to
> >wait until the last ep. Some think sex must be explicitly involved,
> >others are happy with sex being implied or ambiguous.

How about if you see them as madly in love with each other, but DONT want
them to ever get together Implied or otherwise? I think thatswhy i have
enjoyed the past three episodes, they have gotten me to feed andwallow in
the sexual tension and unsaid emotions, without having to wonder that now
their workingrelationship is going to start to suck. Dont you people
remember what happened to Remington Steele and Moonlighting. Sexual
tension is what keeps the energy up :)

samp...@hotmail.com

Dec 9, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/9/98
In article <366DF2D9...@snet.net>,

christy <celli...@snet.net> wrote:
> Mick Swan wrote:
> >
> > Ok...I am so out of the loop here.....how do I know if I am a shipper or
> > not!!! I am losing sleep over this...is it good??? is it bad??? Who will
> > explain this to me??!?!?!?
>
> Its a good thing! Shippers come in all shapes and sizes, but all agree
> that Mulder and Scully are in love and eventually want them to get
> together romantically on the show. Some want it now, others want it to
> wait until the last ep. Some think sex must be explicitly involved,
> others are happy with sex being implied or ambiguous.
>
> If you don't see the love between our heroes, you fall in the noromo
> camp.
>
> If you aren't sure, or prefer the UST, you are probably a fence sitter.
>
> If you simply don't care one way or the other as long as the show stays
> good, then you are a ....I dunno what you are. We don't have any labels
> to put on you. Just a fan/phile maybe?
>
> christy, who is most definitely a shipper
> SAC, KickAss! Women's Brigade, ATXF Shipper Division

christy, what are YOU doing here?! ;)
xoxo,
kel

Joa1058394

Dec 9, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/9/98
><nic...@bayern.me.iastate.edu>

> I think thatswhy i have
>enjoyed the past three episodes, they have gotten me to feed andwallow in
>the sexual tension and unsaid emotions, without having to wonder that now
>their workingrelationship is going to start to suck. Dont you people
>remember what happened to Remington Steele and Moonlighting. Sexual
>tension is what keeps the energy up :)

What a revelation ! I don't think I have
ever read that comparsion before...

Next...

-stark-

Dec 9, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/9/98
putting a combination of letters together in a way that formed words,
Joa1058394 said...

and i used (like two lousy weeks ago or so) to defend the x-files by saying the
writers of Moonlighting were the reason the show deteriorated. that is wasn't
some self-propelling force in the show...it was the staff who wrote it. then
i;d go on to say i had faith the x-files team would handle something like M&S
getting their groove on far better than other writing teams on other shows.

OOPS.

what was *I* thinking. i'm still a shipper...but now i'm a "the writers suck"
shipper. ;-)

--

-[stark]-

[ jim at kenefick dot net - http://www.23x.com/stark ]