The Relationship/Antirelationship Debate

Thomas R. Mahady

May 17, 1996, 3:00:00 AM5/17/96

This whole thing seems a little out of hand. IMO, Scully and Mulder should
not get together romantically. Maybe this argument seems redundant, but the
sexual tension is one reason that makes the show so good. IF CC decides to
put them together he certainly will have to go out of his way to make their
relationship even more unique than it already is. I would have to side with
my best friend and say I do not think they should become involved. This is
just me putting in my two cents.
Allison

duch...@pipeline.com

May 17, 1996, 3:00:00 AM5/17/96

In my opion they should get together but not in a relationship because they
would kill one another( literaly--we all know how scully uses mulder for
target practice). Just a night of wild passionate sex. I'm sure cc can
come up with more than one senerio for that.
duchovny

It Is Foolish To Tear One's Hair In Grief As Though Sorrow Would Be Made
Less By Baldness.--CICERO

Mary Lynn

May 17, 1996, 3:00:00 AM5/17/96

Thomas R. Mahady wrote:

> This whole thing seems a little out of hand. IMO, Scully and Mulder should
> not get together romantically. Maybe this argument seems redundant, but the
> sexual tension is one reason that makes the show so good.

that's because you are a U.S.T.'r like *ME*, and so many others apparently...
but maybe you should read my other post on this issue......

;-)

-mar

ValkyrieLJ

May 18, 1996, 3:00:00 AM5/18/96

Well this debate is a as good a way to get through the summer as any. Of
course, I don't see it as so black and white. Many shadows of ... grey,
actually. M and S know each other very well. They do have a kind of
relationship. I think defining it and taking sides leads to more than
just two possibilities. I mean does anyone have the same kind of platonic
friendship or romantic involvement with others? Unfortunately for the
antirelationshippers, their tribe name is not clear enough. It sounds
like they're against a lot more than, presumably, they are.

my 2 cents
Laura

Eric Johns

May 18, 1996, 3:00:00 AM5/18/96

>In my opion they should get together but not in a relationship because
they
>would kill one another( literaly--we all know how scully uses mulder for
>target practice). Just a night of wild passionate sex. I'm sure cc can
>come up with more than one senerio for that.
> duchovny

You see, this is precisely what we relationshippers DON'T want...Scully and
Mulder have so much depth, so much meaning, and so much devotion to each
other and what they do together that a night of cheap sex would taint it
all. There is a purity in their commitment to each other that we shippers
revel in. Please, I pray that CC DOES NOT do this...we see so much meaning
behind the interaction between the characters. To have them just fall into
the sack for a meaningless tumble would truly render the show into Melrose
Place, which, contrary to the earlier flame, I certainly do not watch. I
don't believe in cheap sex and promiscuity. That's part of the appeal of
the X-Files for me. If I can't watch a show that has a sexual relationship
with meaning, than I would prefer to watch a show that has no sexual
relationship at all. But I would prefer to see a show that has a
relationship with TONS of meaning, and maybe a little sex as well.

Kristel

Julia Kosatka

May 20, 1996, 3:00:00 AM5/20/96

On 18 May 1996, ValkyrieLJ wrote:
> friendship or romantic involvement with others? Unfortunately for the
> antirelationshippers, their tribe name is not clear enough. It sounds
> like they're against a lot more than, presumably, they are.

Until some other designation appears, maybe we should use 'Relationship'
to denote the romantic/sexual type that some people favor. Then
anti-Relationship doesn't affect the current non-romantic one that it
seems we all agree they currently have.

Julia Kosatka University of Houston
SFLAaE/BS, PSEB, DDEB, HLLL
Unpublished Writer: Will Rewrite for Food

Stef

May 21, 1996, 3:00:00 AM5/21/96

>> Until some other designation appears, maybe we should use
'Relationship' to denote the romantic/sexual type that some people
favor. Then anti-Relationship doesn't affect the current non-romantic
one that it seems we all agree they currently have. <<

Can we at least all agree that both terms - relationshipper and
anti-relationshipper - are absolutely dire, do scant justice to what any
of us believes, and oh for more appropriate tags :-(

Unfortunately, I'm not clever enough to invent ones that might stick....

Stef

--
Friends of XF UST

http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/Stephanie/postepis.htm

....for fanfic that follows on from the episodes :-)