Google Gruplar, artık yeni Usenet gönderilerini veya aboneliklerini desteklememektedir. Geçmişteki içerikler görüntülenebilir kalmaya devam edecek.

Idle thoughts on an idle afternoon

28 görüntüleme
İlk okunmamış mesaja atla

madse004

okunmadı,
9 Ağu 1996 03:00:009.08.1996
alıcı

Would anybody be willing to share some demongraphic info? (Typo
deliberate, thank you very much). I'm curious as to who reads and posts
to these ngs. So far I have gleaned that there are several teen types,
college types and at least one elementary school teacher (admirable).
Also that Gizzie has something to do with salami. Would you divulge your
occupation to the rest of us (let's be nice, people, no razzing or
tongue-sticking-outing)? We all have to make a living somehow. I'll go
first, I'm a dentist. (see why I asked for no razzing?)
Dr. A

Claire

okunmadı,
9 Ağu 1996 03:00:009.08.1996
alıcı

>Hmm, I don't know how useful this is going to be, but I'm game...
>I'm a Television Researcher, for a Canadian News and Current Affairs
program. I like to lurk in this group for a change of pace from all
the Quebec Referendum coverage...

Claire.

julie

okunmadı,
9 Ağu 1996 03:00:009.08.1996
alıcı
I wish I would have paid more attention--salami?

Anyway, I'm a program director for a Fox affiliate. And while I've met many
stars and producers, no, I have not met anyone even remotely related to the
show, *except* for the fact that my best friend is friends with Sarah Charno
(sp?) who has written a number of eps and Stu (who played the killer bellboy
in Clyde Bruckman).

julie

--
It is never too late to be what you might have been.

~George Eliot (Mary Ann Evans)

Jessina Luiz

okunmadı,
9 Ağu 1996 03:00:009.08.1996
alıcı

madse004 wrote:

> Would anybody be willing to share some demongraphic info? (Typo
> deliberate, thank you very much). I'm curious as to who reads and posts
> to these ngs. So far I have gleaned that there are several teen types,
> college types and at least one elementary school teacher (admirable).
> Also that Gizzie has something to do with salami. Would you divulge your
> occupation to the rest of us (let's be nice, people, no razzing or
> tongue-sticking-outing)? We all have to make a living somehow. I'll go
> first, I'm a dentist. (see why I asked for no razzing?)
> Dr. A

Well if your that curious.....I'm a college student....studying to be a
veterinarian.....or a super intelligent FBI agent who tracks down aliens
in search for a more honest world......haven't made up my mind.

Wendy1

okunmadı,
9 Ağu 1996 03:00:009.08.1996
alıcı

In article <madse004-090...@dialup-17-a-139.gw.umn.edu>,
madse004 wrote:

> Would anybody be willing to share some demongraphic info? (Typo
> deliberate, thank you very much). I'm curious as to who reads and posts
> to these ngs. So far I have gleaned that there are several teen types,
> college types and at least one elementary school teacher (admirable).
> Also that Gizzie has something to do with salami. Would you divulge your
> occupation to the rest of us (let's be nice, people, no razzing or
> tongue-sticking-outing)? We all have to make a living somehow. I'll go
> first, I'm a dentist. (see why I asked for no razzing?)
> Dr. A

I'm a graphic designer (nothing to do with salami...)

Wendy1

hyaena5

okunmadı,
9 Ağu 1996 03:00:009.08.1996
alıcı

In article <320BDC...@xtc.net>, jbe...@xtc.net wrote:

>madse004 wrote:
>>
>> Would anybody be willing to share some demongraphic info? (Typo
>> deliberate, thank you very much). I'm curious as to who reads and posts
>> to these ngs. So far I have gleaned that there are several teen types,
>> college types and at least one elementary school teacher (admirable).

>> Also that Gizzie has something to do with salami...<snip> I'll go

>> first, I'm a dentist. (see why I asked for no razzing?)
>> Dr. A

>I wish I would have paid more attention--salami?
>

><snip>... I'm a program director for a Fox affiliate.
>julie

I'm not going to talk about Gizzie and salami, not in the same sentence
anyway...
I'm a paralegal for a civil rights law firm; not as lucrative as working
for a big corporate defense firm, but better karma overall. At least I
can have pictures of GA taped to my terminal (next to the
rubber walrus with the cockroach on its back, just in front of the
framed Krazy Kat postage stamp...)
- richard h.

--
"Life's a fucking cabaret, right? Of course it is; don't
argue with me. Shit."

lisa roraback

okunmadı,
10 Ağu 1996 03:00:0010.08.1996
alıcı

Note 111678 in newsgroup alt.tv.x-files
From: madse004
Subject: Idle thoughts on an idle afternoon

>Would anybody be willing to share some demongraphic info? (Typo
>deliberate, thank you very much). I'm curious as to who reads and posts
>to these ngs. So far I have gleaned that there are several teen types,
>college types and at least one elementary school teacher (admirable).

>Also that Gizzie has something to do with salami. Would you divulge your
>occupation to the rest of us (let's be nice, people, no razzing or

>tongue-sticking-outing)? We all have to make a living somehow. I'll go

>first, I'm a dentist. (see why I asked for no razzing?)
Dr. A

hi dr.a,
since you asked i'm a twentysomething office manager/accountant/everything-the-
sun-that-isn't-in-my-job-description-but-i-get-stuck-doing-anyway type person
for a woodworking shop (my offical title is "boss of the world"), who is
getting ready to go back to school, and hopes to be an elementary school
teacher someday. next.

lisa

Coleen Sullivan-Baier

okunmadı,
10 Ağu 1996 03:00:0010.08.1996
alıcı

>In article <madse004-090...@dialup-17-a-139.gw.umn.edu>,
>madse004 wrote:

>> Also that Gizzie has something to do with salami.

Director of Distribution of Prepared Lunceon Products for a
Consumer Edible Merchandise Retail Facility

XXXXXXXXgizzieXXXXXXXX
(DAMN, that sounds better than Deli manager in a grocery store!)

Kurt Baskette

okunmadı,
10 Ağu 1996 03:00:0010.08.1996
alıcı

In article <320BC9...@worldnet.att.net>, Jessina Luiz <JJJJ...@worldnet.att.net> wrote:

>madse004 wrote:
>>
>> Would anybody be willing to share some demongraphic info? (Typo
>> deliberate, thank you very much). I'm curious as to who reads and posts
>> to these ngs. So far I have gleaned that there are several teen types,
>> college types and at least one elementary school teacher (admirable).
>> Also that Gizzie has something to do with salami. Would you divulge your
>> occupation to the rest of us (let's be nice, people, no razzing or
>> tongue-sticking-outing)? We all have to make a living somehow. I'll go
>> first, I'm a dentist. (see why I asked for no razzing?)
>> Dr. A
>

>Well if your that curious.....I'm a college student....studying to be a
>veterinarian.....or a super intelligent FBI agent who tracks down aliens
>in search for a more honest world......haven't made up my mind.

You too! No I'm not studying to be a veterenarian but the latter seems
fun! Actually I'd like to work for the NSA.... no seriously..... well
maybe.... Also on Saturday's I enjoy running around in black clothes with
combat shotguns and hunt aliens... no not the illeagal kind... Better stop...
need sleep.

--
Kurt Baskette
Member and Founder of Deep Cover (It's an X-File thing)

mary pleiss

okunmadı,
10 Ağu 1996 03:00:0010.08.1996
alıcı

madse004 wrote:

>Would anybody be willing to share some demongraphic info? (Typo
>deliberate, thank you very much). I'm curious as to who reads and posts
>to these ngs. So far I have gleaned that there are several teen types,
>college types and at least one elementary school teacher (admirable).
>Also that Gizzie has something to do with salami. Would you divulge your
>occupation to the rest of us (let's be nice, people, no razzing or
>tongue-sticking-outing)? We all have to make a living somehow. I'll go
>first, I'm a dentist. (see why I asked for no razzing?)
>Dr. A

Okay, I'll play....
I'm the elementary school teacher (or at least one of them, anyway,
and thanks for the compliment! :). I teach 4th graders, most of whom
are a little young for the show, but they're usually growing out of
Goosebumps as the year progresses.

It's also fun to make comments like, "Okay, will one of you please
explain to me why you can multiply decimals just fine on the board,
and explain every single step to me, but you can't do 8 out of 10
problems correctly on a homework assignment? No? That's it, then,
I'm calling Mulder and Scully, 'cause this has got to be an X-File!"

mary (one day I'm gonna write a fanfic about that!)

Mike or Peggy Byers

okunmadı,
10 Ağu 1996 03:00:0010.08.1996
alıcı

madse004 wrote:

>Would anybody be willing to share some demongraphic info? (Typo
>deliberate, thank you very much). I'm curious as to who reads and posts
>to these ngs. So far I have gleaned that there are several teen types,
>college types and at least one elementary school teacher (admirable).
>Also that Gizzie has something to do with salami. Would you divulge your
>occupation to the rest of us (let's be nice, people, no razzing or
>tongue-sticking-outing)? We all have to make a living somehow. I'll go
>first, I'm a dentist. (see why I asked for no razzing?)
>Dr. A

If you're a dentist, why are you having an idle afternoon? Where are
all you patients? And what about your staff-did you give them the
afternoon off WITH pay? You ought to, you know, they probably deserve
it.

To answer your question, I'm a day care provider (babysitter),
standardized test administrator and I work part time in a DENTIST'S
OFFICE (actually an orthodontist) BK (before kids) I worked there
full time. And WE sometimes got the afternoon off WITH pay!

peggie
COG special agent
what!? You only got *one* job, mon?

sdsuser

okunmadı,
10 Ağu 1996 03:00:0010.08.1996
alıcı

> I'm a paralegal for a civil rights law firm; not as lucrative as working
> for a big corporate defense firm, but better karma overall. At least I
> can have pictures of GA taped to my terminal (next to the
> rubber walrus with the cockroach on its back, just in front of the
> framed Krazy Kat postage stamp...)
> - richard h.

How dare you defile (de-phile?) GA by placing those other items in
such close proximity to her image? That could be considered a captial
offense in some newsgroups! ;->

Maggie Helwig/Ken Simons

okunmadı,
11 Ağu 1996 03:00:0011.08.1996
alıcı

madse004 wrote:

>Would you divulge your occupation to the rest of us (let's be nice,
>people, no razzing or tongue-sticking-outing)?

Ok ... I'm a writer -- so far I've published five books of poetry plus
two self-published chapbooks, and one book of essays, as well as some
freelance journalism in various fields (which brings in more money
than the poetry for sure). I used to edit collections of short stories
which was a large part of my income, but the publisher I was doing it
for ran out of money (this is happening a lot in Ontario right now,
BAD provincial government). I run a very small publishing company of
my own, Lowlife Publishing, and put out little poetry chapbooks and
intermittent issues of a literary zine called CRASH.

Also, I am a long-time peace/human rights activist and have had
various jobs in this field, some paid and some unpaid. Used to edit a
monthly peace newspaper, then I was the organising secretary for the
British Coalition for East Timor. I'm more part-timey in my political
work at the moment due to having a seven-and-a-half months old
daughter, but right now I'm trying to get a solidarity group for human
rights in Indonesia going in Canada. Also I'm a member of the council
of War Resisters' International (WRI) and the convener of WRI's
women's working group.

The latter group of occupations may have more to do with why I like
the X-Files. Certainly it's in part because I deal with evil
government activities on a regular basis, also cause I'm more or less
an anarchist and the X-Files is a pretty anarchist-leaning, or at
least anarchist-friendly, show.

And I have way too many friends who are way too much like the Lone
Gunmen.

I am hoping my sister (hear that, Kate?) will answer this too, cause I
suppose she's the only art conservator (sorry, art conservation
scientist -- did I get it right?) lurking in this conference.

maggie h

JN Cotton

okunmadı,
11 Ağu 1996 03:00:0011.08.1996
alıcı

In <madse004-090...@dialup-17-a-139.gw.umn.edu> madse004
writes:

>Would anybody be willing to share some demongraphic info? (Typo
>deliberate, thank you very much). I'm curious as to who reads and
posts
>to these ngs. So far I have gleaned that there are several teen
types,
>college types and at least one elementary school teacher (admirable).
>Also that Gizzie has something to do with salami. Would you divulge

your
>occupation to the rest of us (let's be nice, people, no razzing or
>tongue-sticking-outing)? We all have to make a living somehow. I'll
go
>first, I'm a dentist. (see why I asked for no razzing?)
>Dr. A

Public Relations/Corporate Communications

Can't you tell?

Oh, and I also like Salami.

Nancy (no clever sig)

Julie Meyer-Francke

okunmadı,
11 Ağu 1996 03:00:0011.08.1996
alıcı mpl...@inetdirect.net

mpl...@inetdirect.net (mary pleiss) wrote:

>madse004 wrote:
>
>>Would anybody be willing to share some demongraphic info? (Typo
>>deliberate, thank you very much). I'm curious as to who reads and posts
>>to these ngs.

I'm a second year graduate student in speech communication. As the
summer comes to a close, I find myself wading into another semester.
I'll be continuing my work assigment, a longitudinal study of computer
usage among undergraduates at my university, and preparing my thesis.
Inter-generational communication between baby-boomers and the 13th
generation: aka de-bunking that rubbish about "baby boomers are
self-serving yuppies" and " gen x'ers are a bunch of slackers." Its all
a concotion of the popular media. Empirical methodology, yada yada yada.

-julie

Heyhaha

okunmadı,
11 Ağu 1996 03:00:0011.08.1996
alıcı

Well, I'm a 22 year old, poor grad student. I'm working on my masters in
Speech Language Pathology. You think the FBI can use one of those???

Kendra

************************************
"TO BE IS TO DO" Plato
"TO DO IS TO BE" Socrates
"DO BE DO BE DO" Sinatra
************************************

genbac(rufie 710)

okunmadı,
11 Ağu 1996 03:00:0011.08.1996
alıcı

Demongraphicsg<g> ....... I am a 45 year old social worker and Mom who
hangs out here cause I'm a little twisted. Ruth, very impressed with the
subscribers on this NG,

madse004 wrote:

> Would anybody be willing to share some demongraphic info? (Typo
> deliberate, thank you very much). I'm curious as to who reads and posts

> to these ngs. So far I have gleaned that there are several teen types,
> college types and at least one elementary school teacher (admirable).
> Also that Gizzie has something to do with salami. Would you divulge your
> occupation to the rest of us (let's be nice, people, no razzing or
> tongue-sticking-outing)? We all have to make a living somehow. I'll go
> first, I'm a dentist. (see why I asked for no razzing?)
> Dr. A

Thank you so much for all the info-not to be used in any way (re:Clare).
As I said it was an idle afternoon. We don't work on Fri. PM unless there
is an emergency, and I don't play golf. The question was asked because I
had a gut feeling that most of the viewers of the much discussed program
are high-level and include many intelligent and/or professional people.
(Before I am accused of being elitist, a profession can include "salami
slicers"! Gizzie is among the most readable of the posters here.) I am
also pleased to see many creative people included. It is rare that one
television show can attract such a diverse audience. Perhaps this could
send a message to the movers and shakers of the X Files who the philes
are, if they weren't already aware. Thank you again, and anyone who wants
to join in with their calling (or callings, how do you find time to have
more than one job!).
With admiration for the variety of the people on this ng.
Dr. A

whatever

okunmadı,
11 Ağu 1996 03:00:0011.08.1996
alıcı

madse004 wrote:

> Would anybody be willing to share some demongraphic info? (Typo
> deliberate, thank you very much). I'm curious as to who reads and posts
> to these ngs. ******************
******************
Well, uhm... actually I'm Unemployed right now. I worked for 16
years at an instituition for MR, medically fragile, multiply handicapped
adults. (Whew! That's a mouthful!)
I was laid off on Sept. 1st and started LPN school. Graduated on
Aug.1st and take my boards on the 19th of this month. (Think good ju-ju
for me!) I still don't know what I want to be when I grow up, but I
REALLY miss working with the MR. Nursing is something I'm used to doing,
and it's a marketable skill.
<<<<<Just for Gizzie & the DD fans here........Imagine giving
Mr. Duchovny a bed bath. ;) Darn that washcloth just keeps slipping!>>>>

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Remember: Big Brother may be watching...
...and he's wearing a garter belt & stockings!
.deb.

Lyon

okunmadı,
11 Ağu 1996 03:00:0011.08.1996
alıcı

>Demongraphicsg
I'm twenty-three, just returning to college for Equine studies. I'm a receptionist
at a hair salon and planning a wedding for this fall. I do historical re-enactment
as my main hobby. I was introduced to the X-files hlf way through the first season
and haven't missed an episode since(taped, I usually watch Saturday mornings,
I work nights). The move to Sunday nights means I won't have to tape it any
more:)
Andrea
and...@cpsnet.com

madse004

okunmadı,
11 Ağu 1996 03:00:0011.08.1996
alıcı

<JJJJ...@worldnet.att.net> wrote:

> >madse004 wrote:
> >>
> >> Would anybody be willing to share some demongraphic info? (Typo
> >> deliberate, thank you very much). I'm curious as to who reads and posts

> >> to these ngs. So far I have gleaned that there are several teen types,
> >> college types and at least one elementary school teacher (admirable).
> >> Also that Gizzie has something to do with salami. Would you divulge your
> >> occupation to the rest of us (let's be nice, people, no razzing or
> >> tongue-sticking-outing)? We all have to make a living somehow. I'll go
> >> first, I'm a dentist. (see why I asked for no razzing?)
> >> Dr. A
> >

> >Well if your that curious.....I'm a college student....studying to be a
> >veterinarian.....or a super intelligent FBI agent who tracks down aliens
> >in search for a more honest world......haven't made up my mind.
>
> You too! No I'm not studying to be a veterenarian but the latter
seems
> fun! Actually I'd like to work for the NSA.... no seriously..... well
> maybe.... Also on Saturday's I enjoy running around in black clothes with
> combat shotguns and hunt aliens... no not the illeagal kind... Better stop...
> need sleep.
>
> --
> Kurt Baskette

Hmm, a baskette case. (Bet you've never heard that before! Just kidding.)

Holgate Lost Boy

madse004 <?@?> writes

>Would anybody be willing to share some demongraphic info? (Typo
>deliberate, thank you very much). I'm curious as to who reads and posts
>to these ngs. So far I have gleaned that there are several teen types,
>college types and at least one elementary school teacher (admirable).
>Also that Gizzie has something to do with salami. Would you divulge your
>occupation to the rest of us (let's be nice, people, no razzing or
>tongue-sticking-outing)? We all have to make a living somehow. I'll go
>first, I'm a dentist. (see why I asked for no razzing?)
>Dr. A

I start a BSc course in Computer Science in October.

I E-Mailed the FBI to ask about my employment chances, they told me to
call into the nearest field office. I live in England, the nearest field
office is about 3,000 miles away. Maybe it's an ingenuity test?

Holgate Lost Boy
All the evidence to the contrary is not entirely disuasive
Mental Floss prevents Moral Decay

Lisa DaFoe

okunmadı,
11 Ağu 1996 03:00:0011.08.1996
alıcı

I do marketing and produce publications for a local government
recreation & parks department.

--
***Lisa***
Ethereal Order of Saint Spooky the Believer***David Duchovny Defense

Jill Hollifield

Kurt Baskette <ebas...@direct.ca> wrote:
>In article <320BC9...@worldnet.att.net>, Jessina Luiz <JJJJ...@worldnet.att.net> wrote:
>>madse004 wrote:
>>>
>>> Would anybody be willing to share some demongraphic info? (Typo
>>> deliberate, thank you very much). I'm curious as to who reads and posts
>>> to these ngs. So far I have gleaned that there are several teen types,
>>> college types and at least one elementary school teacher (admirable).
>>> Also that Gizzie has something to do with salami. Would you divulge your
>>> occupation to the rest of us (let's be nice, people, no razzing or
>>> tongue-sticking-outing)? We all have to make a living somehow. I'll go
>>> first, I'm a dentist. (see why I asked for no razzing?)
>>> Dr. A
>>

>>Well if your that curious.....I'm a college student....studying to be a
>>veterinarian.....or a super intelligent FBI agent who tracks down aliens
>>in search for a more honest world......haven't made up my mind.

I'm a classical singer and choral conductor currently in school pursuing
a M.M. (Master's of Music). And I'm an avid lurker on this group!

Jska

--
Jill Hollifield ji...@pluto.njcc.com
Professional Spinster ji...@clarity.princeton.edu

Michelle Moyer

okunmadı,
11 Ağu 1996 03:00:0011.08.1996
alıcı

In article <320E59...@worldnet.att.net>, Lisa DaFoe
<lda...@worldnet.att.net> wrote:

> [...]

:::delurking:::

A 25 year old, currently unemployed, soon-to-be graduate student in middle
grades education--math and English concentrations.

:::relurking:::

--
Michelle Moyer mmo...@mto.infi.net
"Never take a stranger's advice,

teach

okunmadı,
11 Ağu 1996 03:00:0011.08.1996
alıcı

This has been really interesting to follow. Thanks, Dr. A, for asking
the question. But since I'm having so much fun reading it, I suppose I
ought to stop lurking and contribute...

My husband and I are both 29 year old college graduates, he's a buyer for
a "Book Distributor" (don't ask, I'm not sure *I* understand), and I work
in a high school library.
We are also both anti-Sunday, and anti-Shippers.
( Ain't it nice we get along so well? :) )

Andrea Larsen

P.S. Okay, now that I've worked up the courage to write, I've got to ask
something:

I am the only person who has seen "Julia Has Two Lovers"?

I rented it and the first 3 Red Shoe Diaries at the same time (what can I
say.... my husband was out for the evening....), so the details are a
little foggy, but I thought DD was pretty effective in it.

Renee Schulz

okunmadı,
11 Ağu 1996 03:00:0011.08.1996
alıcı

> In article <madse004-090...@dialup-17-a-139.gw.umn.edu>,
> madse004 <?@?> writes
> >Would anybody be willing to share some demongraphic info? (Typo
> >deliberate, thank you very much). I'm curious as to who reads and posts
> >to these ngs. So far I have gleaned that there are several teen types,
> >college types and at least one elementary school teacher (admirable).
> >Also that Gizzie has something to do with salami. Would you divulge your
> >occupation to the rest of us (let's be nice, people, no razzing or
> >tongue-sticking-outing)? We all have to make a living somehow. I'll go
> >first, I'm a dentist. (see why I asked for no razzing?)
> >Dr. A

I'm a nail technician, some people say that's just a fancy name for a
manicurist,
basically they are right.

Richard Roller

okunmadı,
11 Ağu 1996 03:00:0011.08.1996
alıcı

On 11 Aug 1996, Jill Hollifield wrote:

> In article <4uhgf1$5...@aphex.direct.ca>,
> Kurt Baskette <ebas...@direct.ca> wrote:

> >>Well if your that curious.....I'm a college student....studying to be a
> >>veterinarian.....or a super intelligent FBI agent who tracks down aliens
> >>in search for a more honest world......haven't made up my mind.
>
> I'm a classical singer and choral conductor currently in school pursuing
> a M.M. (Master's of Music). And I'm an avid lurker on this group!
>
> Jska
>
> --
> Jill Hollifield ji...@pluto.njcc.com
> Professional Spinster ji...@clarity.princeton.edu
> Perpetual Student

I'm a fork-lift operator and aspiring mechanical engineer. Other
passions include roller hockey, yoga, magic (the gathering), bass guitar
and universal theorism. I do not deny the possibility of anything.
I hope that fits in the demongraphics curve.

--Rick--

In the end. . . gravity wins.

"I am Hi'Yoka, . . my cup has no bottom" (Highlander)

Patricia A. Dumond

okunmadı,
12 Ağu 1996 03:00:0012.08.1996
alıcı

Lisa DaFoe <lda...@worldnet.att.net> wrote in article
<320E59...@worldnet.att.net>...

- - - - -
I am a Systems Administrator for a very small part of the immensity that is
"them" to Mulder and Scully --> the US government.

--
Pat Dumond pdu...@InfoAve.net
'Way down deep we are all motivated by the same urges.

Luxuiel

okunmadı,
12 Ağu 1996 03:00:0012.08.1996
alıcı

madse004 wrote:

>Would anybody be willing to share some demongraphic info? (Typo
>deliberate, thank you very much). I'm curious as to who reads and posts
>to these ngs.

Computer analyst, who expects to be laid off soon with another wave of
downsizing-rightsizing whatever. Maybe I'll have more time for XF and
won't be such a lurker (gotta look for those silver linings, ya know!)

Does the FBI ever downsize? Might be a plot there...eliminating
departments, divisions, extraneous special agents who aren't working
on criminal cases...

Nicole, j...@halcyon.com

Blessed are those of us who can laugh at ourselves, for we shall never
cease to be amused.

CyberGrrl

okunmadı,
12 Ağu 1996 03:00:0012.08.1996
alıcı

madse004 wrote:
>Would anybody be willing to share some demongraphic info? (Typo
>deliberate, thank you very much). I'm curious as to who reads and posts
>to these ngs.

I've had the best time reading everyone's responses and having just
recently gone from lurker to chatter...thought I'd respond :

I'm an actor/director, mostly in theatre, who between gigs works as
a freelance computer techie.

Thanks for starting this topic. Your idle afternoon made for
fun weekend reading :^) Hope next Friday brings another idle
thought... and a posting.

Annette

okunmadı,
12 Ağu 1996 03:00:0012.08.1996
alıcı

I'm a middle school teacher, I teach 7th math, prealgebra, and
geography, and 8th grade math. I'm also a non-card carrying member (we
don't need them...we know who we are!) of COG2.

Annette

In article <320BC9...@worldnet.att.net>, JJJJ...@worldnet.att.net
says...

>madse004 wrote:
>>
>> Would anybody be willing to share some demongraphic info? (Typo
>> deliberate, thank you very much). I'm curious as to who reads and
posts

Your Name Here

okunmadı,
12 Ağu 1996 03:00:0012.08.1996
alıcı

I'm 25, and I'm a circulation manager for a medical journal published by the
Mayo Clinic. In other words, a glorified secretary. So far, this has been one
of the funnest posts since I discovered this ng four months ago. I never knew
this group was so diverse!

Julie

okunmadı,
12 Ağu 1996 03:00:0012.08.1996
alıcı

Whoops! I wrote the above, and my name isn't Your Name Here, it should
be Julie. Don't I feel like a dork...

achase

okunmadı,
12 Ağu 1996 03:00:0012.08.1996
alıcı

In article <madse004-110...@dialup-18-b-152.gw.umn.edu>,

madse004 wrote:
> > Would anybody be willing to share some demongraphic info? (Typo
> > deliberate, thank you very much). I'm curious as to who reads and posts
> > to these ngs. So far I have gleaned that there are several teen types,
> > college types and at least one elementary school teacher (admirable).
> > Also that Gizzie has something to do with salami. Would you divulge your
> > occupation to the rest of us (let's be nice, people, no razzing or
> > tongue-sticking-outing)? We all have to make a living somehow. I'll go
> > first, I'm a dentist. (see why I asked for no razzing?)
> > Dr. A

I'm 28 yrs old, with an un-used B.F.A. in art education. What I *do* now
has very little to do with who I *am* - I'm working as an "office
specialist". It's mostly about holding the hands of freshmen who are
having problems enrolling in Geology 101. It's not all bad though,
because I am currently using my Mac computer & art skills to design an
relational database for the office I work in. In my real life, I'm
addicted to thrift shopping, reading and seeing garage-punk bands.

--a.chase (having problems concentrating at work today due to repeated
mental images of Kurt Russell clad in black PVC)

Jackie Wiencus

okunmadı,
12 Ağu 1996 03:00:0012.08.1996
alıcı

44 year old registered nurse here.

Special Agent COG,
Jackie

Bennetta Schmidt

okunmadı,
12 Ağu 1996 03:00:0012.08.1996
alıcı

In <320EA4...@ix.netcom.com> Renee Schulz <dav...@ix.netcom.com>
writes:

>> In article <madse004-090...@dialup-17-a-139.gw.umn.edu>,
>> madse004 <?@?> writes
>> >Would anybody be willing to share some demongraphic info? (Typo
>> >deliberate, thank you very much). I'm curious as to who reads and
posts
>> >to these ngs. So far I have gleaned that there are several teen
types,
>> >college types and at least one elementary school teacher
(admirable).
>> >Also that Gizzie has something to do with salami. Would you
divulge your
>> >occupation to the rest of us (let's be nice, people, no razzing or
>> >tongue-sticking-outing)? We all have to make a living somehow.
I'll go
>> >first, I'm a dentist. (see why I asked for no razzing?)
>> >Dr. A

Oh, okay, I'll add my $0.02 to this. I'm a currently unemployed PhD in
geology.

Do I detect a trend here? I've seen several unemployeds come clean.
Maybe the reason we're here is we have too much time on our hands?
(Actually, I'd be here anyway!)

Bennetta - praying for a job!

Shanna Swendson

madse004 wrote:

> Would anybody be willing to share some demongraphic info? (Typo
> deliberate, thank you very much). I'm curious as to who reads and posts
> to these ngs. So far I have gleaned that there are several teen types,
> college types and at least one elementary school teacher (admirable).
> Also that Gizzie has something to do with salami. Would you divulge your
> occupation to the rest of us (let's be nice, people, no razzing or
> tongue-sticking-outing)?

In my "day job" I supervise the media relations group for an
advertising/public relations agency specializing in high tech. Part of
that job includes media relations strategy, plus the more boring tactical
stuff. (Anyone with 2-6 years public relations experience need a job in
Dallas? I'm hiring now. E-mail me.)

In my "night job" I write novels, mostly romance for Harlequin/Silhouette
but I'm also working on a fantasy novel. My next book will be in stores
starting around Sept. 16. My pen name is Samantha Carter (yes, it's a
deliberate X-F reference) and the title of the novel is "Dateless in
Dallas." Buy lots of copies. :-)

Shanna
Stealth Geek Goddess and First Feeler of the Touchy-Feely Brigade
(yeah, I know I've been quiet lately. Just resting up for the new season.)

madse004

okunmadı,
12 Ağu 1996 03:00:0012.08.1996
alıcı

In article <4pYsqBAx$jDy...@eston.demon.co.uk>, Holgate Lost Boy
<nor...@eston.demon.co.uk> wrote:

> In article <madse004-090...@dialup-17-a-139.gw.umn.edu>,
> madse004 <?@?> writes

> >Would anybody be willing to share some demongraphic info? (Typo
> >deliberate, thank you very much). I'm curious as to who reads and posts
> >to these ngs. So far I have gleaned that there are several teen types,
> >college types and at least one elementary school teacher (admirable).
> >Also that Gizzie has something to do with salami. Would you divulge your
> >occupation to the rest of us (let's be nice, people, no razzing or

> >tongue-sticking-outing)? We all have to make a living somehow. I'll go
> >first, I'm a dentist. (see why I asked for no razzing?)
> >Dr. A
>

> I start a BSc course in Computer Science in October.
>
> I E-Mailed the FBI to ask about my employment chances, they told me to
> call into the nearest field office. I live in England, the nearest field
> office is about 3,000 miles away. Maybe it's an ingenuity test?

> Holgate Lost Boy
> All the evidence to the contrary is not entirely disuasive
> Mental Floss prevents Moral Decay

Greatly appreciate the dentally (?) related sig. I enjoy reading your
posts and jokes, especially during "Oh, hum, another re-run season"
malaise. Fang you very much.
Dr. A

Rosemary Piermont

okunmadı,
12 Ağu 1996 03:00:0012.08.1996
alıcı

Jill Hollifield wrote:

> In article <4uhgf1$5...@aphex.direct.ca>,
> Kurt Baskette <ebas...@direct.ca> wrote:

> >>Well if your that curious.....I'm a college student....studying to be a
> >>veterinarian.....or a super intelligent FBI agent who tracks down aliens
> >>in search for a more honest world......haven't made up my mind.
>
> I'm a classical singer and choral conductor currently in school pursuing
> a M.M. (Master's of Music). And I'm an avid lurker on this group!
>
> Jska
>
> --
> Jill Hollifield ji...@pluto.njcc.com
> Professional Spinster ji...@clarity.princeton.edu
> Perpetual Student

o.k.

Jennifer Zarrelli

okunmadı,
12 Ağu 1996 03:00:0012.08.1996
alıcı

> In article <madse004-090...@dialup-17-a-139.gw.umn.edu>,

> madse004 wrote:
>
> > Would anybody be willing to share some demongraphic info? (Typo
> > deliberate, thank you very much). I'm curious as to who reads and posts
> > to these ngs.

Twenty-six year old Senior Secretary to the Director of Composition in
the English Department at the University of Missouri-Columbia. (Sounds
much loftier than it actually is.) I also write movie reviews for a new
magazine and do freelance proofreading and editing. I've only been
watching The X-Files since about a quarter of the way through season
three, but am completely hooked, and am also a card-carrying member of
the COG. :)

madse004

okunmadı,
12 Ağu 1996 03:00:0012.08.1996
alıcı

In article <320EA4...@ix.netcom.com>, Renee Schulz

<dav...@ix.netcom.com> wrote:

> I'm a nail technician, some people say that's just a fancy name for a
> manicurist,
> basically they are right.
Maybe you and I should get together for those nail-biting episodes of the
X Files!
Dr. A

sloang@soonet.ca@soonet.ca

okunmadı,
12 Ağu 1996 03:00:0012.08.1996
alıcı

>mpl...@inetdirect.net (mary pleiss) wrote:
>>madse004 wrote:
>>
>>>Would anybody be willing to share some demongraphic info? (Typo
>>>deliberate, thank you very much). I'm curious as to who reads and posts
>>>to these ngs.

I'm co-owner/manager of a photofinishing lab, have a BA in languages, but not
working in that field, and love this newsgroup/

Glenda

"Truth is as subjective as reality"
"Sure, fine, whatever..."

L. Chen

okunmadı,
12 Ağu 1996 03:00:0012.08.1996
alıcı

>Would anybody be willing to share some demongraphic info? (Typo
>deliberate, thank you very much). I'm curious as to who reads and posts
>to these ngs. So far I have gleaned that there are several teen types,
>college types and at least one elementary school teacher (admirable).
>Also that Gizzie has something to do with salami. Would you divulge your
>occupation to the rest of us (let's be nice, people, no razzing or
>tongue-sticking-outing)? We all have to make a living somehow. I'll go
>first, I'm a dentist. (see why I asked for no razzing?)
>Dr. A

Just reach out and meet someone!

Hello Dr. A, and all our phellow philes. I'm halfway through an MSc. in
Bio, working in an adenovirus lab. I have to find a PhD placement soon, if
I'm going to remain a perpetual student. I'm not looking forward to
September, because then on top of the lab work, I'll have to take a course
and TA the undergrad labs and mark labs and quizzes (any highschool
graduates out there planning to go to McMaster and who have Bio 1A06 down
as one of their courses?)

--
Love (but not in the *Biblical* sense), Liane!
"In Canada - a coverup? A conspiracy to hide stuff? Holy smokes!"

Terry

okunmadı,
13 Ağu 1996 03:00:0013.08.1996
alıcı

madse004 wrote:

>Would anybody be willing to share some demongraphic info? (Typo
>deliberate, thank you very much). I'm curious as to who reads and posts
>to these ngs. So far I have gleaned that there are several teen types,
>college types and at least one elementary school teacher (admirable).
>Also that Gizzie has something to do with salami. Would you divulge your
>occupation to the rest of us (let's be nice, people, no razzing or
>tongue-sticking-outing)? We all have to make a living somehow. I'll go
>first, I'm a dentist. (see why I asked for no razzing?)
>Dr. A

Well. I'm a 23 year old computer programmer who is waiting patiently
to go back to school in the fall (more programming). Currently, I am
working on a few shareware/freeware programs (no x-files themes
though. Any ideas?).
I had no need for the Internet in the past, now I can't get enought of
it. Almost like my instant attraction to X-Files (been with it since
day one).

"Keep you friends close, but keep your enemies closer." Deep Throat

Alexis Wilder

okunmadı,
13 Ağu 1996 03:00:0013.08.1996
alıcı

>>Would anybody be willing to share some demongraphic info? (Typo
>>deliberate, thank you very much).

OK. (Major deep breath and gulp as a lurker prepares to surface,
squinting, and looking around for the sharks!!!)

I'm an employee of the Agriculture Department. Mid 40ish, married, F,
with a teenage son whn would absolutely expire if he knew I wrote for
the creative group. BA, MA and lots of other schooling. And a BIG
Major fan of the x-files!

Alexis Wilder
===================================
Alexis Wilder

The truth is out there...
All we need to do is to find it.

=====================================

munc...@netcom.com

<madse004> wrote:
>Would anybody be willing to share some demongraphic info? (Typo
>deliberate, thank you very much). I'm curious as to who reads and posts
>to these ngs. So far I have gleaned that there are several teen types,
>college types and at least one elementary school teacher (admirable).
>Also that Gizzie has something to do with salami. Would you divulge your
>occupation to the rest of us (let's be nice, people, no razzing or
>tongue-sticking-outing)? We all have to make a living somehow. I'll go
>first, I'm a dentist. (see why I asked for no razzing?)
>Dr. A

I'm a writer. By day I write technical documentation and web documents
for a Silicon Valley startup firm working on the development of network
storage systems. Then I go home and write stuff by, to, for, and about
The X-Files for which I am paid in Hell Money. I won't bore you with the
details. I'm the same age as David Duchovny but I'm even shorter than
Gillian Anderson. I'm married to a guy who works with cloning technology,
which has absolutely nothing to do with the fact that our daughters look a
lot alike. Absolutely nothing. I swear. And the fact that they're both
named Eve is sheer coincidence.

This is one of the most interesting threads I've read all summer. Thank
you for starting it. I had no idea Gizzie worked with baloney. :)

Sarah Stegall*http://www.webcom.com/munchkyn*munc...@netcom.com
"I drank WHAT???" -- Socrates, 399 BC

munc...@netcom.com

okunmadı,
13 Ağu 1996 03:00:0013.08.1996
alıcı

In article <Pine.A32.3.92a.960811...@homer04.u.washington.edu>,

teach <alla...@u.washington.edu> wrote:

>P.S. Okay, now that I've worked up the courage to write, I've got to ask
>something:
>
>I am the only person who has seen "Julia Has Two Lovers"?

No. I went out and bought a copy. Love it.

>I rented it and the first 3 Red Shoe Diaries at the same time (what can I
>say.... my husband was out for the evening....), so the details are a
>little foggy, but I thought DD was pretty effective in it.

He does romantic comedy very well. I wish he would do more of it. He's
got the looks, the wit, the timing, and the subtlety for (ahem) bedroom
farce.

Sarah Stegall*http://www.webcom.com/munchkyn*munc...@netcom.com
I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather,
not screaming in terror like his passengers...

Caitlin M Finlay

okunmadı,
13 Ağu 1996 03:00:0013.08.1996
alıcı

>>Would anybody be willing to share some demongraphic info? (Typo
>>deliberate, thank you very much). I'm curious as to who reads and posts
>>to these ngs. So far I have gleaned that there are several teen types,
>>college types and at least one elementary school teacher (admirable).
>>Also that Gizzie has something to do with salami. Would you divulge your
>>occupation to the rest of us (let's be nice, people, no razzing or
>>tongue-sticking-outing)? We all have to make a living somehow. I'll go
>>first, I'm a dentist. (see why I asked for no razzing?)
>>Dr. A

Since we're all sharing...

I graduated with a BA in Anthropology a few years ago (ok, four years ago)
and have been kind of floating ever since, supposedly planning on going to
grad school eventually. In the meantime I'm working in the Interlibrary Loan
Dept. at Cornell Univ. and just enjoying the fact that it's summer and
gorgeous out!

Caitlin
Slightly ambivalent about the season premiere of XF because it
means The Snows will be coming soon after. Brrr.

Chris Davis

okunmadı,
13 Ağu 1996 03:00:0013.08.1996
alıcı

I'm a site supervisor for a commercial construction company. Usually
I'm on-site, but I check in on this group from time to time when I
sneak into the office. Pleasure to be here an' all that.

Christopher

Chris 'Coz' Costello

okunmadı,
13 Ağu 1996 03:00:0013.08.1996
alıcı

madse004 wrote:

> Would anybody be willing to share some demongraphic info? (Typo
> deliberate, thank you very much). I'm curious as to who reads and posts
> to these ngs. So far I have gleaned that there are several teen types,
> college types and at least one elementary school teacher (admirable).
> Also that Gizzie has something to do with salami. Would you divulge your
> occupation to the rest of us (let's be nice, people, no razzing or
> tongue-sticking-outing)? We all have to make a living somehow. I'll go
> first, I'm a dentist. (see why I asked for no razzing?)
> Dr. A

OK, I'm 26 and purport to be a marketing consultant by day, something of
a drummer at night, in the wonderful city of Chicago. And I have nothing
to do with salami.

Later,
COZ

NP: Rollins Band, _Weight_

--
| Chris 'Coz' Costello | "Hipness is transient. You have to change |
| http://www.tezcat.com/~coz | in order to be continually hip." |

Barbara Ruef

madse004 wrote:

> Would anybody be willing to share some demongraphic info? (Typo
> deliberate, thank you very much). I'm curious as to who reads and posts
> to these ngs.

Escapee from the Department of Molecular Biology and
Biochemistry...now a postdoc in a molecular parasitology lab.
Postdocs referred to in the journal "Science" as the burger
flippers of the scientific community...

Don't count your weasels before they pop, dink! - The Tick -
<bjr...@tam2000.tamu.edu>
***************************

nau...@woods.uml.edu

okunmadı,
13 Ağu 1996 03:00:0013.08.1996
alıcı

>>madse004 wrote:
>>>
>>> Would anybody be willing to share some demongraphic info? (Typo
>>> deliberate, thank you very much). I'm curious as to who reads and posts
>>> to these ngs. So far I have gleaned that there are several teen types,
>>> college types and at least one elementary school teacher (admirable).
>>> Also that Gizzie has something to do with salami...<snip> I'll go

>>> first, I'm a dentist. (see why I asked for no razzing?)
>>> Dr. A

I'm a librarian (no razzing here too). In my spare time I work with a greyhound
rescue group, placing retired/discarded racing greyhounds in loving homes.

Sue

Reader57

<madse004> wrote:
>Would anybody be willing to share some demongraphic info? (Typo
>deliberate, thank you very much). I'm curious as to who reads and posts
>to these ngs. So far I have gleaned that there are several teen types,
>college types and at least one elementary school teacher (admirable).
>Also that Gizzie has something to do with salami. Would you divulge your
>occupation to the rest of us

I am a student in computer science at UIC. I am married with four
children.
There are only three kinds of people in the world...
Those who can count and those who can't!

Tina McCraw

okunmadı,
13 Ağu 1996 03:00:0013.08.1996
alıcı

In article <madse004-090...@dialup-17-a-139.gw.umn.edu> madse004 writes:
>From: madse004
>Subject: Idle thoughts on an idle afternoon
>Date: Fri, 09 Aug 1996 13:41:09 -0500

>Would anybody be willing to share some demongraphic info? (Typo
>deliberate, thank you very much). I'm curious as to who reads and posts
>to these ngs. So far I have gleaned that there are several teen types,
>college types and at least one elementary school teacher (admirable).
>Also that Gizzie has something to do with salami. Would you divulge your

>occupation to the rest of us (let's be nice, people, no razzing or

>tongue-sticking-outing)? We all have to make a living somehow. I'll go

>first, I'm a dentist. (see why I asked for no razzing?)
>Dr. A

I'm an administrator for the department of OB/GYN in our medical school, and
have been hooked on the X-Files since the pilot episode. I have converted
many a skeptic to not only watch the show, but also become avid fans. So many
people, so little time!!

TMcC

BT100893

okunmadı,
13 Ağu 1996 03:00:0013.08.1996
alıcı

I was curious what this topic was with 25!!! responses. I couldn't
resist. So here i am. I am a 25 year college grad BA in English with a
specialization in Writing. My husband the same though 31. And he is an
editor while I count the beans as the Manager of Accounting. We love the
X files among other science fiction creations such as the mini-series V
and Star Trek the Next Generation. Oddly, he enjoy the Kolchek series
during its short lifespan. I enjoy the old Twilight Zones and have
gathered the pennies to purchase the laserdisc box sets as well as the
Japanese Imports of the first 2 seasons of the X files. So that's us.

Nick and Jeanne Pedicini

okunmadı,
13 Ağu 1996 03:00:0013.08.1996
alıcı

madse004 wrote in article
<madse004-090...@dialup-17-a-139.gw.umn.edu>...

> Would anybody be willing to share some demongraphic info?

I run a mid-sized branch store for a mid-atlantic department store company
that's part of a large national retailing corporation. I bought this thing
to crunch numbers and wound up with a sewing circle. Ain't technology
wonderful?

NJP

AUDREY HATCH

okunmadı,
13 Ağu 1996 03:00:0013.08.1996
alıcı

I'm a 24 yr old grad student in environmental toxicology, who should be
writing grant proposals at the moment ;-))
This thread reminds me of one Friday evening last spring, about 8:40...
While grocery shopping I stopped to say hello to a former student in the
freshman bio lab I taught, I think he was about 18, and then realized the
time. I said I had to get home in time for the X Files, and he said, "oh
yeah, me too, I never miss that show", and a little gray-haired lady
(definately over 50) turned around from the cereal and said, "oh, is it a
new episode tonight?"
I just thought that illustrated the wide appeal of the X Files...

---Audrey

XNikki72

okunmadı,
13 Ağu 1996 03:00:0013.08.1996
alıcı

Hi All!
De-lurking to say hello...
I am a musical theatre actress.. luckily working now.
The people on this newsgroup are pretty impressive... I feel really dumb!
Why do I like the X-files?
Well Gillains acting inspires me...
And David... Well he inspires me to think dirty thoughts!
Back to lurking
-Nikki

Ray Frye

okunmadı,
13 Ağu 1996 03:00:0013.08.1996
alıcı

Another lurker surfaces......

I am a retired U. S. Navy CPO now maintaining radar systems for the FAA.

Kelli

okunmadı,
14 Ağu 1996 03:00:0014.08.1996

<madse004> wrote:

>Would anybody be willing to share some demongraphic info? (Typo
>deliberate, thank you very much). I'm curious as to who reads and posts
>to these ngs. So far I have gleaned that there are several teen types,
>college types and at least one elementary school teacher (admirable).
>Also that Gizzie has something to do with salami. Would you divulge your
>occupation to the rest of us (let's be nice, people, no razzing or
>tongue-sticking-outing)? We all have to make a living somehow. I'll go
>first, I'm a dentist. (see why I asked for no razzing?)
>Dr. A

I'm a Distributed Systems Tech working for the Government. I'm 27 and
I've been hooked on the X-Files since the second season. I think the
episode was The Host. (The one with the giant flukeworm - Ewwww)

Kelli

Acceptable Risk

okunmadı,
14 Ağu 1996 03:00:0014.08.1996
alıcı

On 12 Aug 1996 14:36:44 GMT, intern...@mayo.edu (Julie) wrote:

>In article <4unfbh$5...@tribune.mayo.edu>, intern...@mayo.edu (Your Name Here) says:
>
>Whoops! I wrote the above, and my name isn't Your Name Here, it should
>be Julie. Don't I feel like a dork...

That can cause a few probs when filling out your 1040 eh?

>>>Have a nice day, and duck!<<<

All mail forwarded thru the Cypherpunk remailers.
All replies go the same way.
No files via email due to 32k limit.

Member: TriLynx

Keyserver for PGP Key: 0x827D8809
PGP Fingerprint: 41 C3 9E 54 09 B5 70 33 90 F9 95 D5 28 2F 82 62

"If the habit's hard to break... welcome to the club..."
"We are the truth... we are here amongst you already... Trust No One..."

Acceptable Risk

okunmadı,
14 Ağu 1996 03:00:0014.08.1996
alıcı

On Fri, 09 Aug 1996 13:41:09 -0500, madse004 wrote:

>Would anybody be willing to share some demongraphic info? (Typo
>deliberate, thank you very much). I'm curious as to who reads and posts
>to these ngs. So far I have gleaned that there are several teen types,
>college types and at least one elementary school teacher (admirable).
>Also that Gizzie has something to do with salami. Would you divulge your
>occupation to the rest of us (let's be nice, people, no razzing or
>tongue-sticking-outing)? We all have to make a living somehow. I'll go
>first, I'm a dentist. (see why I asked for no razzing?)
>Dr. A

It's kinda funny... I passed over this thread expecting lame
more than anything. I half expected a lot of kids on summer break.
Blows me away the wide range of personalities that have "Friday
Night's Tied Up, Soon to be Sundays" attitudes... These responses are
nothing like I expected... someone should analyze.. what we need is a
doctor in the group... (no pun intended <g>)

Graphic Designer/HTML Programmer...
26 going on 8...

Tito

okunmadı,
14 Ağu 1996 03:00:0014.08.1996
alıcı

Well, you fellow x-philes, I have a little known occupation.
I am a Vascular Technologist. In short, I diagnose Problem with your
Arteries, and Veins using any means possible. Hardly work that I
could be killed for seeing the wrong thing...but, I do see some strange
stuff.

-Tito

In article <madse004-110...@dialup-18-b-152.gw.umn.edu>, madse004
says...

>In article <madse004-090...@dialup-17-a-139.gw.umn.edu>,

>madse004 wrote:
>
>> Would anybody be willing to share some demongraphic info? (Typo
>> deliberate, thank you very much). I'm curious as to who reads and posts
>> to these ngs. So far I have gleaned that there are several teen types,
>> college types and at least one elementary school teacher (admirable).
>> Also that Gizzie has something to do with salami. Would you divulge
your
>> occupation to the rest of us (let's be nice, people, no razzing or
>> tongue-sticking-outing)? We all have to make a living somehow. I'll go
>> first, I'm a dentist. (see why I asked for no razzing?)
>> Dr. A

>Thank you so much for all the info-not to be used in any way (re:Clare).
>As I said it was an idle afternoon. We don't work on Fri. PM unless there
>is an emergency, and I don't play golf. The question was asked because I
>had a gut feeling that most of the viewers of the much discussed program
>are high-level and include many intelligent and/or professional people.
>(Before I am accused of being elitist, a profession can include "salami
>slicers"! Gizzie is among the most readable of the posters here.) I am
>also pleased to see many creative people included. It is rare that one
>television show can attract such a diverse audience. Perhaps this could
>send a message to the movers and shakers of the X Files who the philes
>are, if they weren't already aware. Thank you again, and anyone who wants
>to join in with their calling (or callings, how do you find time to have
>more than one job!).
>With admiration for the variety of the people on this ng.
>Dr. A

Tito

okunmadı,
14 Ağu 1996 03:00:0014.08.1996
alıcı

Hi, me again, remember, the vascular Tech.

After I posted I read through the listings...and it seems I forgot some
information. I'm a college Grad (4 yr B.S. in Vascular Imaging/Diagnostic
proceedures) I'm 20, single, live in New Jersey, went to school in Oregon
and am from California.
I must make one quike observation...This newsgroup is actually full
of intelligent people...it's a nice change for me. given, I wasn't
expecting much intelligence in alt.sex.pictures.
I'll talk again later
CrAzY TiTo

Diana Romaine

okunmadı,
14 Ağu 1996 03:00:0014.08.1996
alıcı

And another... I am a 27 year old Female- (I hate that, it makes
me sound like an electrical plug). I am a not right now employed free
lance production assistant (say that five times fast) and I've been
watching for the last two years.

Acceptable Risk

okunmadı,
14 Ağu 1996 03:00:0014.08.1996
alıcı

On 10 Aug 1996 04:11:17 GMT, giz...@ix.netcom.com(Coleen
Sullivan-Baier) wrote:

>>In article <madse004-090...@dialup-17-a-139.gw.umn.edu>,
>>madse004 wrote:
>
>>> Also that Gizzie has something to do with salami.
>

> Director of Distribution of Prepared Lunceon Products for a
>Consumer Edible Merchandise Retail Facility
>
> XXXXXXXXgizzieXXXXXXXX
> (DAMN, that sounds better than Deli manager in a grocery store!)

Better than "Sanitation Engineer" (Garbage collector)

Corinne

okunmadı,
14 Ağu 1996 03:00:0014.08.1996
alıcı

Sure !
I'm a 25 year old secretary with Philips Electronics in The
Netherlands who had tons of fun reading this thread and
finding out about her fellow-philes and ng-readers.
I've been a die-hard X-Phile since day 1 and i can't wait
for Season 3 to begin in September (pity us Dutch, we're
an entire season behind <G>)

Corinne.

The Nussbaum Family

okunmadı,
14 Ağu 1996 03:00:0014.08.1996
alıcı

whatever wrote:

> madse004 wrote:
> >
> > Would anybody be willing to share some demongraphic info? (Typo
> > deliberate, thank you very much). I'm curious as to who reads and posts
> > to these ngs. ******************

Well I'm just your ordinary high-school student, but I do have another question,
as long as we're into honesty, what countries are people around here from? I'm from
Israel, and while it's obvious from the amount of against/for the move to Sunday that
most of the posters here are from the states, there's got to be someone here who is from
somewhere else on the planet.

Gail

--
Ratboy Will Rise Again
And Mulder Will Kick His Ass

Alan Hardwicke

okunmadı,
14 Ağu 1996 03:00:0014.08.1996
alıcı

34 year old Technical Assistant - I.T. with the Neath Port Talbot County
Borough Council in South Wales, Great Britain.

Repeat of X-Files series 1 just finishing on our BBC.
X-Files series 3 just finished on our Sky TV.

I'm suffering withdrawal symptoms already.

Megadee406

okunmadı,
14 Ağu 1996 03:00:0014.08.1996
alıcı

I'm a high school student from Ithaca, NY. I'm an aspiring writer, and
have been with the X-Files for about a year now. That sounds funny,( "Been
with the X-Files") doesn't it? I live with my parents, my little bro, and
my two cats- soon to be three cats.

I am not who I am!
Meg

joann

okunmadı,
14 Ağu 1996 03:00:0014.08.1996
alıcı

In article <shanna_swendson-...@mac78.mccom.com>,
shanna_...@mccom.com says...

>In article <madse004-090...@dialup-17-a-139.gw.umn.edu>,

>madse004 wrote:
>
> Would anybody be willing to share some demongraphic info? (Typo
> deliberate, thank you very much). I'm curious as to who reads and posts
> to these ngs. So far I have gleaned that there are several teen types,
> college types and at least one elementary school teacher (admirable).
> Also that Gizzie has something to do with salami. Would you divulge your
> occupation to the rest of us (let's be nice, people, no razzing or
> tongue-sticking-outing)?

During the day I'm an engineering manager - no honestly, that's what I do. At
night I timeshare between X-Files obessive behaviour (mostly in fanfic land)
and playing house with my husband. And I used to have a life but I decided it
was too much hassle.

Joann

Autumn T

okunmadı,
14 Ağu 1996 03:00:0014.08.1996
alıcı

Hi all,

I'm a 32 year old who lives in Boulder, CO working for a document
management software company. I give travel around giving technical
presentations and demonstrations. And yes, I have even managed to work The
X-Files into my demo - just log on as D_SCULLY to check in the latest
autopsy report on a genetic mutant. Always good for a big laugh.

Autumn Tysko
"Are you sure it wasn't a girlie scream?"
My episode reviews now available at:
http://www.winternet.com/~dbrekke/autumn.html

Marisa Blenman

okunmadı,
14 Ağu 1996 03:00:0014.08.1996
alıcı

I'm a 30 year old office worker at the University of Washington.
I graduated with a degree in math (altho' my current job has
absolutely nothing to do with math--or lunch meats :-) ).
I love music, hockey, the X-Files and greasy foods...Risi

D. Santos

okunmadı,
14 Ağu 1996 03:00:0014.08.1996
alıcı

> > Would anybody be willing to share some demongraphic info? (Typo
> > deliberate, thank you very much). I'm curious as to who reads and posts
> > to these ngs.

Library Technician, Accounting Dept. Faculty of Medicine, U.of M
I am terrified of computers but hooked on this group. I have been
"afflicted" by the XFILES mania since the summer between season 1 and 2.
It was that episode where a little girl was avenging the death of this
policeman who was framed. The first scene I saw (I'll never forget it)
... A bus stops, a man gets on... wind blows... his scarf gets caught
on the door... the bus moves... camera focuses on this angelic little girls'
face... It was the scariest thing I'd ever seen... Of course, I was hooked.

I could not remember what I had for breakfast or where I parked my car,
but I could tell you about every episode of the XFILES, cast, writers, etc.
What's wrong with this picture?

Dee
D.T. Santos - Resource Management dsa...@ccu.umanitoba.ca
NJM Health Sciences Library
University Manitoba Tel (204) 789-3862

whatever

okunmadı,
14 Ağu 1996 03:00:0014.08.1996
alıcı

madse004 wrote:
> had a gut feeling that most of the viewers of the much discussed program
> are high-level and include many intelligent and/or professional people.
> (Before I am accused of being elitist, a profession can include "salami
> slicers"! Gizzie is among the most readable of the posters here.) I am
> also pleased to see many creative people included. It is rare that one
> television show can attract such a diverse audience. Perhaps this could
> send a message to the movers and shakers of the X Files who the philes
> are, if they weren't already aware. Thank you again, and anyone who wants
> to join in with their calling (or callings, how do you find time to have
> more than one job!).
> With admiration for the variety of the people on this ng.
> Dr. A Thank you Dr. A for starting it!
I'm perpetually curious (O-Kay, I'm nosy.) and find the variety of
professions fascinating. So diverse and yet similar.
Is anybody copying this down? I'm running out of time today, and
I'd like to finish reading the rest of this...
.deb.

Jeff Ware

okunmadı,
14 Ağu 1996 03:00:0014.08.1996
alıcı

Hi-

I am 32, got a PhD in Neuroscience, but am working now in cancer
prevention. I grew up in Connecticut but have lived in Philadelphia for
the last 10 years (14 if you count undergrad years.) I am married, but no
kids (yet). Besides Xf (been a fan since mid-first season), I study
martial arts and do a bit of wood carving. I have been waiting some sort
of martial arts mysticism to show up in Xf. Maybe this season.

Just another lurker........

--Jeff

Angela D. Troiani

okunmadı,
14 Ağu 1996 03:00:0014.08.1996
alıcı

Demographic info....ok...

I'm a college student attending on the GI Bill (army), studying Elementary
EDucation......

Need any other info, ask....

Angie

Anasazi .

okunmadı,
14 Ağu 1996 03:00:0014.08.1996
alıcı

On Aug 14, 1996 17:04:58 in article <Re: Idle thoughts on an idle

afternoon>, 'jhu...@mail.rmplc.net (joann)' wrote:

>> Would anybody be willing to share some demongraphic info? (Typo
deliberate, thank you very much). I'm curious as to who reads and posts to
these ngs. So far I have gleaned that there are several teen types,
college types and at least one elementary school teacher (admirable). Also
that Gizzie has something to do with salami. Would you divulge your
occupation to the rest of us (let's be nice, people, no razzing or
tongue-sticking-outing)?

I don't know if you'd call it an occupation but I'm a housewife. I prefer
*Domestic Goddess* but it's tough to get people to actually call you that.
I'm 40(yuk) and an intermittent artist, dog groomer, bookkeeper, chef and
I've worked professionally with lunchmeats in the past.(YEAH GIZZIE) I
can, if pressed, make a quilt, knit a sweater or build a computer. Gee....
didn't I make all that crap sound impressive!!!

Jack of all trades, master of none, (no Seinfeld jokes...please)
**Anasazi**
Donna Gerhart
((X-Phile*Stephen King Groupie))
A good day is when the shit hits the fan
and I have time to duck.

Sylvia Chong

okunmadı,
14 Ağu 1996 03:00:0014.08.1996
alıcı

21-year-old public high school English teacher in San Francisco. Love the
X-Files since I first caught it in the middle of this season, and am now
watching every episode I can get my hands on.

Apologies to the random person whom I accidentally "replied" to via e-mail
instead of posting. Damn those Newswatcher icons!

Sylvia Chong

pguz

okunmadı,
14 Ağu 1996 03:00:0014.08.1996
alıcı

Well late as always. After being a lurker, I am now a chatter. I just
subscribed to this group and there does seem to be a lot of diverse people
from different backgrounds. Can I just say. I LOVE THE X FILES! Ok. I am
the Production Manager for the Fox Tv Station in this area(Northern
California) and I make commercials. Pretty much one of the main main
perks and one of the reasons I took this job is all the cool tv shows Fox (X
Files of course)has (Er had, Space Above and Beyond) and all the cool X
files paraphanalia I get. and of course the GA publicity photos. Cool huh.
GUZ

Paul Michael Wayner

okunmadı,
15 Ağu 1996 03:00:0015.08.1996
alıcı

I'm an IC Designer for ROSS Technology working on SPARC V8
architecture designs (translation: I design computer chips). I'm
twenty-nine and my favorite activities are long walks by the ocean,
hiking, and being with my friends. I'm 6'4" tall, medium build, dark
hair and eyes. Financially secure professional. ISO SF, 25-32, college
educated, race not important, red hair preferred. Not interested in
mind games...oops, sorry...for a second there I thought I was writing
a personal ad. :-)

Oh, and despite what this account may indicate I actually live in
Austin, TX. (Which is landlocked, making my love of "long walks by the
ocean" a great burden)

Paul Wayner|IC Designer|Ross Technology|(512)436-2223|pa...@ross.com

whatever

okunmadı,
15 Ağu 1996 03:00:0015.08.1996
alıcı

Julie wrote:

> Whoops! I wrote the above, and my name isn't Your Name Here, it should
> be Julie. Don't I feel like a dork...

Don't feel like a dork...I've been laughing because I thought it
was on purpose! Now I feel like a dork...
*****************
Remember: Big Brother may be watching...
...and he's wearing a garter belt & stockings!
.deb.

Paul

okunmadı,
15 Ağu 1996 03:00:0015.08.1996
alıcı

>Would anybody be willing to share some demongraphic info? (Typo
>deliberate, thank you very much). Well Im a Mechanical Engineer, bit of a late
starter as I had a "misspent youth" playing in
numerous "indie" bands until about 7 years ago
now I test filters for the Nucleur Industry,
oh the shame!!
(yeah well money before principles!)
My fave things are my bike (Norton Commando),
my Dobro guitar and my PC
(Animations-Music-Newsreaders).

Photina

okunmadı,
15 Ağu 1996 03:00:0015.08.1996
alıcı

I run a small nonprofit theatre company.

/photina

John A. Coffin

okunmadı,
15 Ağu 1996 03:00:0015.08.1996
alıcı

On 14 Aug 1996, Jeff Ware wrote:

> of martial arts mysticism to show up in Xf. Maybe this season.

We got close with "Pusher". Maybe we'll get a better taste next season.

JC

Jolo

okunmadı,
15 Ağu 1996 03:00:0015.08.1996
alıcı

I was fascinated to find that the great majority of people following this
thread are older (mid-20's to 30's) and professional (lots of advanced
degrees and fancy jobs). I wonder if this is true of the X Files
demographics in general, or just lots of lonely hearts hoping to meet
somebody?

Not sure who I am,

Jolo

Grace Gooding

okunmadı,
15 Ağu 1996 03:00:0015.08.1996
alıcı

I'm 29. Married with 2 cats. I'm female, the cats are both male. We
(all four, sometimes) watch the X-Files and go into panic attacks if
we miss it!! Started watching in the second season--the first ep we
saw was the one with the little green-glowing bug things come out of
the trees in the old-growth forest and attack Scully.

I am currently working as the "Grants & Contracts Assistant" in the
Illinois Natural History Survey in Champaign, Illinois, while I finish
my MS in Zoology/Entomology. Welcome to the world of McJobs...

-grace

P.S. I agree that this is a neat thread, although it is taking a very
long time to read...

John D Garbutt

okunmadı,
15 Ağu 1996 03:00:0015.08.1996
alıcı

Well sure why not. Actually I've been disconnected from this group
for a few months.
Anyway I'm a Aviation Weather Tech. (I get paid to look up ;-) )
and am a grad student about halfway to a Masters of Aerospace Science
degree, husband, father of two and a wino.

regards,
JD

Odumlogan

okunmadı,
15 Ağu 1996 03:00:0015.08.1996
alıcı

Interesting thread. I'm a lurker and never? post. I'm a 40 year old
nursing instructor, currently working on a Ph.D. in nursing. The Only tv I
watch is the X-files.

Mary

whatever

okunmadı,
15 Ağu 1996 03:00:0015.08.1996
alıcı

Acceptable Risk wrote:
****snip****
> It's kinda funny... I passed over this thread expecting lame
> more than anything. I half expected a lot of kids on summer break.
> Blows me away the wide range of personalities that have "Friday
> Night's Tied Up, Soon to be Sundays" attitudes... These responses are
> nothing like I expected... someone should analyze.. what we need is a
> doctor in the group... (no pun intended <g>)****snip****

> ****snip****
O-kay...I'll bite on it. I started saving Sunday+ postings to
disk so I could read them later. Read them as I went [:<)]...Oh Well!
Those of you who posted pre-Sunday with your demongraphics e-mail me.
I'll throw it together sometime soon-ish.
If your interested in the results, let me know via e-mail...If
it's not done, I'll let you know about how long it'll take...(I knew
analyzing behavior data would come in handy some day!)
e-mail: what...@faribault.polaristel.net

Kevin D. Teamkin

okunmadı,
15 Ağu 1996 03:00:0015.08.1996
alıcı

40male, director of purchasing @ aerospace firm, NYC resident,
2.3 kids, wife, dog, MBA, skirt chasing, draft dodging,
internet surfing, straight white male.
How's that for demographic info?
P.S. I'm not really skirt chasing, I'm happily married,
I just got on a roll and couldn't help myself.

Janet Chambers

okunmadı,
15 Ağu 1996 03:00:0015.08.1996
alıcı

33 year old, married, one child. Working as administrative assistant in
the Teaching Resources Center at the Davis campus. My husband and I have
been watching since the beginning. The only problem is that when the new
series finally begins, my workload will be so heavy that I will not be
able to lurk as much anymore.

Catherine J. Blatz

okunmadı,
15 Ağu 1996 03:00:0015.08.1996
alıcı

OK, my turn...

(And I must add, first, that I too am REALLY enjoying this thread...)

I'm 22 (almost), just graduated this past May from college, where I was
an English major. Still living at home for now (slacker!) but working
two jobs (OK, not quite so slackerish). Job #1 is in a bookstore where
I spend a lot of time looking up "kw = files" in the Books in Print
computer. :) Job #2 is as an editorial assistant at a magazine. (Lots
of editing - whoo-hoo!) I am unhealthily interested in grammar and I
am a bookworm. Next up will be grad school, as soon as I've saved a
little money (hopefully a year from now). The fact that I won't be
going back to college in the fall has not yet sunk in. Eventually I
hope to have a career in publishing (unless, of course, I happen to
sell a novel first :) )

First X-Files ep I watched was "Darkness Falls," on BBC2 when I was in
Ireland (where I lived for a year). I was creeped out and intrigued.
Between BBC2 and Sky One I managed to catch a fair amount of the first
and second seasons. I fell into full-tilt obsession on St. Patrick's
Day, 1995, after the parade in downtown Galway, when I bought a Shivers
magazine from the newsagent's and found myself drooling uncontrollably
over David Duchovny. I waited in happy anticipation for the next episode
the following Tuesday, which was "Duane Barry." (Ah, Speedo...) After
shrieking in anguish at the realization that it was a cliffhanger, I
calmed down and patiently pined for the *next* Tuesday. When 8:00
finally rolled around, I plunked myself in front of the TV...only to
find Sky One broadcasting nothing but static. I watched static for a
full hour in the hopes that it would turn into something else, then
launched into an extremely loud and undignified tantrum. (Sky did return
in time for Models Inc. AAARRGGGHH!!!) For the next two weeks I was on
a train going across Europe (poor me ;) ) and when I got back, Sky was
up to "Firewalker." I went nuts when Mulder and Scully kept talking
mysteriously about the big Thing That Had Happened. Luckily, when I got
home to the States, Fox was nice enough to rebroadcast "Duane Barry"
through "One Breath." Thank you, Fox, thank you, thank you. :) :) My
favorite ep is "One Breath," followed closely by "Beyond the Sea" and
"Irresistible." This year I've really loved "Pusher," "Quagmire,"
"Syzygy" (sorry!) and all the DM eps. I prefer the Scully ones to the
Mulder ones, only because I feel that Scully is severely underdeveloped.
(As a CHARACTER, OK? Yeah, I know what you were thinking. Just stop
that right now.) My favorite DD moments are "Who's the guy in the fur
shorts?" and "Indeed" from the '95 Emmys. (I just love him when he's
so bored he looks as if he'd rather be dead...) My favorite GA moments
are "Splooging boils" and the entire SAG speech.

I haven't been posting too much lately because I have been stuck
with AOL since I graduated...but I've had a chance to get to know
Netcom recently, and I gotta say, it's pretty good. ;) My hobbies
include reading, writing, music (Irish is my favorite), and collecting
name dictionaries. I watch The X-Files obsessively, The Simpsons
reguarly, and ER semi-regularly. I also watch Letterman, when I can
stay awake that late (man, work is a bummer!) and I like him unless
he has someone on that I care about seeing (e.g., DD or GA). In my
next life I humbly request to be reincarnated as Darin Morgan. ;)

I like luncheon meat. Mmm, luncheon meat. :)

As usual, I've gone on much longer than I intended to. Sorry.

Nice to meet you all.

Cathy
cja...@ix.netcom.com
beani...@aol.com

Moon7star8

okunmadı,
16 Ağu 1996 03:00:0016.08.1996
alıcı

>> Would anybody be willing to share some demongraphic info?

Hello all,

I have come out of lurking to say that I have really enjoyed all of these
posts (79 last count).

I am a 40 something Domestic Engineer for a small family run concern and
Chief Bookeeper for a small home run business. Or more realistically, I
am a homemaker whose duties are child care, tutoring, cooking, laudering,
and assorted other not so menial tasks including keeping the books for my
husband's business. I can't knit the sweater but I can crochet it however
I don't think I'll ever master building a computer but as they say "never
say never".

Back to lurking.
Lin

Sarah Mulholland

okunmadı,
16 Ağu 1996 03:00:0016.08.1996
alıcı

> > Would anybody be willing to share some demongraphic info?

I'm a 16 year old high school student from Christchurch, New Zealand. No-one I
know is particularly interested in the X-Files, so this newsgroup is really
great for me (even though I'm only just coming out of lurk mode). The first
episode I saw was The Host, and I've been addicted ever since.

Sarah

4700...@umbsky.cc.umb.edu

okunmadı,
16 Ağu 1996 03:00:0016.08.1996
alıcı

In article <schong-1408...@webe-17.ppp.hooked.net>, sch...@hooked.net (Sylvia Chong) writes:
> [...]

This is an interesting thread. I'm 34, just got my doctorate in Environmental
Sciences, and am off to a post-doc soon in the Chicago area. That is,
if I ever find an apartment there. Also married, with two tabby cats.

-gina

L. Chen

okunmadı,
16 Ağu 1996 03:00:0016.08.1996
alıcı

From stray comments and things picked up from other posts, I'd think that
there'd be younger people out there. Come on! Don't be shy! Which school
are you from, what are your plans for the future, how has XF inspired
you?

And smart and sexy men of 23+ years, you may contact me at my email
address. :-P

--
Love (but not in the *Biblical* sense), Liane!
"You'd think that these higher life forms would have a more developed

ka...@sprynet.com

okunmadı,
16 Ağu 1996 03:00:0016.08.1996
alıcı

> madse004 writes:
> Would anybody be willing to share some demongraphic info? (Typo
> deliberate, thank you very much). I'm curious as to who reads and posts
> to these ngs. So far I have gleaned that there are several teen types,
> college types and at least one elementary school teacher (admirable).
> Also that Gizzie has something to do with salami. Would you divulge your
> occupation to the rest of us (let's be nice, people, no razzing or
> tongue-sticking-outing)? We all have to make a living somehow. I'll go
> first, I'm a dentist. (see why I asked for no razzing?)
> Dr. A

I am starting my first year at Notre Dame Law in a week and a half. I just graduated from the University
of Scranton with a BA in history. This is a very enlightening thread, by the way. Very interesting to see
what the more vocal philes do for a living. Look at me, de-lurking for a second time. I just hope my
access isn't cut off again.

Kerry, looking forward to having an edu account again

Doug Shipley

okunmadı,
16 Ağu 1996 03:00:0016.08.1996
alıcı

In article <4v1rvc$9...@news.mountain.net>, dki...@Access.Mountain.Net
(Darryl Kight) wrote:

> madse004 wrote:
> >
> > Would anybody be willing to share some demongraphic info? (Typo
> > deliberate, thank you very much). I'm curious as to who reads and posts
> > to these ngs. So far I have gleaned that there are several teen types,
> > college types and at least one elementary school teacher (admirable).
> > Also that Gizzie has something to do with salami. Would you divulge your
> > occupation to the rest of us (let's be nice, people, no razzing or
> > tongue-sticking-outing)? We all have to make a living somehow. I'll go
> > first, I'm a dentist. (see why I asked for no razzing?)
> > Dr. A

Quite an enjoyable thread! I'm a Special Ed teacher at a middle school in
Ashland Or. I've lived here for 22 years after fleeing south florida. I'm
39, not married but living with a nurse and her 2 children, 2 dogs, 2 cats
and a cockatiel(sp?) who is learning to whistle the x-files theme. We've
been hooked for just this last year and are trying to get as many old
episodes to view as we can. Besides the Simpsons I don't watch any other
tv show's. Interests are: Homebrewing, mountain hiking/ biking, writing,
reading and computers and plate techtonics.
Doug

Diğer iletiler yükleniyor.
0 yeni ileti