SPOILERS 2/7

1 view

Eltanin

Feb 7, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/7/99

THE FOLLOWING COULD BE CONSTRUED AS SPOILERS SO IF YOU DON'T WANNA
KNOW, DON'T READ :)

Okay...

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Woah. This is just odd. It doesn't seem real. There's really
not too much that's surprising, but then again it all seems like such a
shock. We've been show snatches of all this information and now they're
simply puting it in order and filling in the blank spots. It's all just
too surreal.
I must say I got a kick out of the key phrases they used, "I
trusted no one", "resistance is futile", "so we can fight the future",
etc..
And yet the best part of tonight's episode was seeing
FOWLEY!!!!!!!!! HOLY SHIT! yeah, that was my reaction. Yup. What a
little whore she is (not the actress, I promise I'm keeping them
separate).
Anyway, exciting episode! I can't wait for next week!!!!!!!!!!

-Theresa, whose quest for fingernails has fallen flat on its ass...
UPDATED 2/06/99!!
Vist me on the web! http://www.eltanin.com/

Barbara Ruef

Feb 7, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/7/99
Hot4Hose wrote:

> I had the exact same feeling. I was actually surprised how many of The Big
> Answers we already knew or should have been able to figure out on our own.

Well, it's not like I hadn't figured most of this stuff
out before, but it's still nice to see it all stated.
The way the show lacks continuity on occasion, I want
them to define exactly what's going on instead of just
a web of speculation. The uncertainty was fine, and
even enjoyable, for the show in the past, but they have
to start wrapping up some plot lines and answering some
questions if they want to ever end the series.

Barbara
ATXF NewsGrouper - Sunday updates!
http://members.xoom.com/ruef/

Susan

Feb 7, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/7/99

I disagree. I hope they don't ever wrap it up too much--it will make
watching the reruns less fun. Also, the more they spell things out, the
sillier the story sounds. It really only works when they keep you
guessing.

Barbara Ruef

Feb 8, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/8/99
Susan wrote:

> Barbara Ruef wrote:
> >
> > The way the show lacks continuity on occasion, I want
> > them to define exactly what's going on instead of just
> > a web of speculation. The uncertainty was fine, and
> > even enjoyable, for the show in the past, but they have
> > to start wrapping up some plot lines and answering some
> > questions if they want to ever end the series.
>
> I disagree. I hope they don't ever wrap it up too much--it will make
> watching the reruns less fun. Also, the more they spell things out, the
> sillier the story sounds. It really only works when they keep you
> guessing.

Well, that's why I said *some* of the plot lines. If they
just kept asking questions and then ended the series that
way it would be really unfulfilling and sort of pointless.
Why present this thrilling "conspiracy" if you're never
going to explain the slightest thing? So I think they need
to start answering some questions and wrapping up some
story lines. They can leave some points open-ended and even
add a few more questions at the end. Like what will Mulder
and Scully do if they have they manage to stop this whole
colonization project? Will they tell anyone about it or
will they protect that information, heeding CSM's early
warning that if people knew "it would all fall apart".
That line may now be more interesting than I thought. Maybe
he was never referring to chaos due to people finding out
and being scared. Maybe he meant the project itself would
fall apart.

Barbara
ATXF NewsGrouper - XF News Parody
http://members.xoom.com/ruef/

BPO1975

Feb 8, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/8/99
On Sun, 7 Feb 1999 20:58:45 CST Eltanin <tmdo...@stthomas.edu> wrote:

> THE FOLLOWING COULD BE CONSTRUED AS SPOILERS SO IF YOU DON'T WANNA
> KNOW, DON'T READ :)
>
> Okay...
>
> AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
> Woah. This is just odd. It doesn't seem real. There's really
> not too much that's surprising, but then again it all seems like such a
> shock. We've been show snatches of all this information and now they're
> simply puting it in order and filling in the blank spots. It's all just
> too surreal.
> I must say I got a kick out of the key phrases they used, "I
> trusted no one", "resistance is futile", "so we can fight the future",
> etc..
> And yet the best part of tonight's episode was seeing
> FOWLEY!!!!!!!!! HOLY SHIT! yeah, that was my reaction. Yup. What a
> little whore she is (not the actress, I promise I'm keeping them
> separate).
> Anyway, exciting episode! I can't wait for next week!!!!!!!!!!

Agreed. Best episode this season, and the best ep since the REDUX arc.

Grade: A

Here's hoping that Mulder shoves that PLAM! pick right in Fowley's
eyeball,
Brent
(Remove "NO-SPAM" to reply)
Surf Usenet at home, on the road, and by email -- always at Talkway.

Hot4Hose

Feb 8, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/8/99
>From: Eltanin <tmdo...@stthomas.edu>

> THE FOLLOWING COULD BE CONSTRUED AS SPOILERS SO IF YOU DON'T WANNA
>KNOW, DON'T READ :)
>
> Okay...
>
> AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
> Woah. This is just odd. It doesn't seem real. There's really
>not too much that's surprising, but then again it all seems like such a
>shock. We've been show snatches of all this information and now they're
>simply puting it in order and filling in the blank spots. It's all just
>too surreal.

I had the exact same feeling. I was actually surprised how many of The Big

Answers we already knew or should have been able to figure out on our own.

> I must say I got a kick out of the key phrases they used, "I

>trusted no one", "resistance is futile", "so we can fight the future",
>etc..
> And yet the best part of tonight's episode was seeing
>FOWLEY!!!!!!!!! HOLY SHIT! yeah, that was my reaction. Yup. What a
>little whore she is (not the actress, I promise I'm keeping them
>separate).
> Anyway, exciting episode! I can't wait for next week!!!!!!!!!!

The Fowley moment was great, possibly even one of the series' best. I spent
almost the entire hour wondering where she was, then realized she'd been there
all along. Ha! Sometimes it's fun to be suckered.

SoulM E MS

Feb 8, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/8/99
I love the fact that now I have a better reason to hate her than just "she's
Mulders ex." I hated feeling like an over obsessed shipper. Which I am heheh!
-Ta

Chris 'Coz' Costello

Feb 10, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/10/99
Barbara Ruef <bjr...@unix.tamu.edu> had this to say:

>They can leave some points open-ended and even
>add a few more questions at the end. Like what will Mulder
>and Scully do if they have they manage to stop this whole
>colonization project? Will they tell anyone about it or
>will they protect that information, heeding CSM's early
>warning that if people knew "it would all fall apart".
>That line may now be more interesting than I thought. Maybe
>he was never referring to chaos due to people finding out
>and being scared. Maybe he meant the project itself would
>fall apart.

This is all starting to fall into my theory that the Consortium
was making a choice between death and slavery on behalf of the
entire human race. How would the average person react to being
given such a choice?

What I like about this idea is that it makes the Consortium
seem noble, at least in their own eyes. It's hard to imagine
that they're just doing all of this because they're eeee-vil.

Apologies if this theory has been presented, debunked, or
otherwise ridiculed in the 1700 posts I *haven't* read yet.

Later,
COZ

NP: Lounge Lizards, _Queen of All Ears_

--
Chris 'Coz' Costello | http://www.enteract.com/~coz/ | c...@enteract.com

"H I P N E S S I S T R A N S I E N T...you've got to change
in order to be continually hip." - Vinnie Colaiuta

lynx mulderite

Feb 10, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/10/99
Chris 'Coz' Costello wrote:

> This is all starting to fall into my theory that the Consortium
> was making a choice between death and slavery on behalf of the
> entire human race. How would the average person react to being
> given such a choice?
>
> What I like about this idea is that it makes the Consortium
> seem noble, at least in their own eyes. It's hard to imagine
> that they're just doing all of this because they're eeee-vil.
>
> Apologies if this theory has been presented, debunked, or
> otherwise ridiculed in the 1700 posts I *haven't* read yet.
>
> Later,
> COZ

I think that's right, Coz. I think it'll all come down to wondering if
the Consortium really *is* evil and should be stopped - or is what they
were trying to do the lesser of two evils (or weevils as the case may
be).
--
lynx
mulderite HPotMMs FEB

Eric NRTJ Roberts

Feb 10, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/10/99
lynx mulderite wrote in message <36C1EF...@erols.com>...

>Chris 'Coz' Costello wrote:
>
>> This is all starting to fall into my theory that the Consortium
>> was making a choice between death and slavery on behalf of the
>> entire human race. How would the average person react to being
>> given such a choice?
>>
>> What I like about this idea is that it makes the Consortium
>> seem noble, at least in their own eyes. It's hard to imagine
>> that they're just doing all of this because they're eeee-vil.
>>
>> Apologies if this theory has been presented, debunked, or
>> otherwise ridiculed in the 1700 posts I *haven't* read yet.
>
>I think that's right, Coz. I think it'll all come down to wondering if
>the Consortium really *is* evil and should be stopped - or is what they
>were trying to do the lesser of two evils (or weevils as the case may
>be).

I think Coz is right, too. But wasn't this pretty obvious after seeing
"MoaCSM"?

Eric "No Relation To Julia" Roberts
B.Comm, MCP, PDQ, FEB (tm)
"You are the swordfish that will never shower."
-Surrealist Compliment Generator