Songs In The Key of X

Joe Hager

Feb 15, 1996, 3:00:00 AM2/15/96
In article <4furh6$9...@ddi2.digital.net>, y...@somehost.net
(Your_name_Here) wrote:

> I heard on the radio the other day that there's an X-Files soundtrack coming
> out. 'Songs in the key of X' or something like that. Does anyone have any
> more information about this?

Here is some information about it from WB.

ÏSongs In The Key of X (Music form and inspired by The X-Files)Ó
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -- - - - -
Seventeen artists encompassing the broad spectrum of the alternative music
world have come together for a common cause. Seventeen artists, as varied in
their style as they are pronounced in their craft, share a common
inspiration. Seventeen artists have created ÏSongs In The Key of X (Music
form and inspired by The X-Files).Ó Rumor and speculation are at last
quieted as the final lineup to the soundscape of the phenomenon of the
Nineties is announced.

In addition to featuring new songs from superstars like Sheryl Crow and Foo
Fighters ÏSongs In The Key of XÓ will house a number of rare collaborations:
R.E.M. with William S. Burroughs, Elvis Costello and Brian Eno, Rob Zombie
and Alice Cooper, and a song by PM Dawn with lyrics by Chris Carter, the
creator of The X-Files.

Each week 16 million enlightened viewers tune in to the groundbreaking Fox
Television series The X-Files. Agents Scully and Mulder uncover the truth
about such previously suppresses topics as alien/human hybrids, ESP, vampires
and cattle mutilation. The show is a worldwide phenomenon, everywhere from
outer space to cyberspace, more World Wide Web pages are devoted to The
X-Files than any other television series or movie in history except Star
Trek.

Almost all of the tracks appearing on ÏSongs In The Key of XÓ were
commissioned by the showÌs creator Chris Carter (with help from David Was and
Warner Bros. A&R exec Geoffrey Weiss), and have been or will be featured in
upcoming episodes of the show. Not since David Lynch and Angelo Badalamenti
joined forces on the musical meanderings of Twin Peaks has a musical backdrop
been so hauntingly apropos.

The final track listing is as follows:

1. Mark Snow - ÏThe X-Files ThemeÓ
2. Soul Coughing - ÏUnmarked HelicoptersÓ
3. Sheryl Crow - ÏOn The OutsideÓ
4. Foo Fighters - ÏDown In The ParkÓ
5. R.E.M. with William S. Burroughs - ÏStar Me KittenÓ
6. Nick Cave And The Bad Seeds - ÏRed Right HandÓ
7. Filter - ÏThanks BroÓ
8. Frank Black - ÏMan Of SteelÓ
9. Meat Puppets - ÏUnexplainedÓ
10. Danzig - ÏDeepÓ
11. Screamin' Jay Hawkins - ÏFrenzyÓ
12. Elvis Costello and Brian Eno - ÏMy Dark LifeÓ
13. Rob Zombie and Alice Cooper - ÏThe Hands Of Death (Burn, Baby, Burn)Ó
14. PM Dawn - ÓIf You Never Say GoodbyeÓ [lyrics by Chris Carter]
15. PM Dawn - ÏThe X-Files ThemeÓ (Remix)

Warner Bros. records will release ÏSongs In The Key of XÓ (Music from and
inspired by The X-Files)Ó on Tuesday, March 26th.

Joe Hager
ha...@netaxs.com
http://www.netaxs.com/~hager/machack.html
Finger for PGP Key

- Microsoft Network, America Online, or any service owned in full or in part by Microsoft or America Online is prohibited from redistributing this work in any form, in whole or in part. Copyright, Joseph G. Hager, 1996. License to distribute this post is available to Microsoft and America Online for $1000. Posting without permission constitutes an agreement to these terms. Please send notices of violation to postm...@msn.com or postm...@aol.com, respectively.