Crunchy's Season Finale Prediction

Crunchy Frog

May 11, 1996, 3:00:00 AM5/11/96

No spoiler space, as this is all just conjecture. Enjoy!

Yup, it's that time of year again. Time to ponder the
imponderable, yes, time to delve deep into the inner workings of the
X-files writers. Time to investigate the thought processes of the 10-13
wunderkind. Yes, time to spelunk that deep dark network of caverns that
is Chris Carter's mind.

Don't forget your Maglite....

Prediction #1: Mr X, the man we love to hate (recent estimates
has him edging out CSM and Ratboy for the coveted "Most annoying
character" award), I predict will be swimming with the fishies, pushing
up daisies, dearly departed, passed on, passed over, have shuffled off
this mortal coil, no longer with us, in short, and ex-character by
10:00pm PST on Friday May 17th. We're talking toast with Nutella spread.

Prediction #2: Scuttlebutt has it that Melinda McGraw will be in
the finale. I predict a Ghost Of Melissa, not a flashback or rising from
the dead. Scully's already seen her father's apparition in Beyond The
Sea; I think Melissa will finally stop by for a beyond-the-grave coffee
and dish session with Dana. Yup, the Scully sisters in a long dark
tea-time of the soul.

Prediction #3: I predict a cliff-hanger. (DUH!). OK, I'll be more
specific: I predict a Scully-In-Jeopardy Cliffhanger (to balance the
Boxcar Mulder <tm> from last year). In fact, I predict serious Scully
character development in this ep, along with Mulderangst galore.

Prediction #4: The return of our favorites: CSM, X (until his
untimely demise, at least), Skinner, DEFINITELY the return of Ma Mulder.
I forsee a confrontation 'twixt Ma Mulder and CSM. Past secrets revealed.
More questions than answers. Truth found by uncovering lies. Is this
starting to sound too much like a fortune cookie?

Prediction #5: Sad to say it, but I forsee no Ratboy in the
finale. If he shows up, I will be beside myself with glee (Great gods, 2
Crunchies? Is the world ready for that?), but I'm not expecting it. I do
have my paws.. er, fingers crossed of the season premiere. *I* say, they
wouldn't have spent so much time on him in the "More Secrets of the
X-files" show if they weren't going to bring him back. And to those
nay-sayers who say he's still in the silo, I reply: If Fox 'Wrong Way'
Mulder can get out of a burning buried boxcar, Alex 'Rugby Butt' Krycek
can get out of a silo that is made out of relatively thin sheet metal, is
not on fire, and sticks up out of the ground about 20 meters. NYAH!

Prediction #6: Return of the Green Goo Aliens. Again, they spent
a little too much time on that in the "More Secrets.." show for me to
think that topic is dead. Yup, I see the Mighty Morphin' Bounty Hunter
popping up in the finale or the premiere. How this ties in with Melissa,
Ma Mulder, CSM, and people returning from the dead is beyond me. I just
call 'em, I don't bother justifying 'em.

Prediction #7: It'll be a long, frustrating summer for a lot of
viewers!

Well, back to my other identity as a mild-mannered llama
herder...

---------------------------___________________________
Crunchy Frog @ @ / The Truth is Greater Than \
<:8 )-- /( o )\ < Ten Goats -Zogo Proverb |
^^ ^^ \___________________________/

Marjorie Steeves

May 13, 1996, 3:00:00 AM5/13/96

Crunchy Frog (awa...@sfu.ca) writes:
> No spoiler space, as this is all just conjecture. Enjoy!
>

> Yup, it's that time of year again. Time to ponder the
> imponderable, yes, time to delve deep into the inner workings of the
> X-files writers. Time to investigate the thought processes of the 10-13
> wunderkind. Yes, time to spelunk that deep dark network of caverns that
> is Chris Carter's mind.
>

> Prediction #6: Return of the Green Goo Aliens. Again, they spent
> a little too much time on that in the "More Secrets.." show for me to
> think that topic is dead. Yup, I see the Mighty Morphin' Bounty Hunter
> popping up in the finale or the premiere.

It has already been established in the numerous trailers and commercials
since Friday that the Morph will be back.

MS
--
Cancerman : "What's this?"

Skinner : "This is where you pucker up and kiss my ass!"