Fifi vs Minerva vs Amy vs Clarisse

Paul David Hendry

Dec 14, 1993, 1:01:36 PM12/14/93
Chris Baird wants me to post this for him:

] From cba...@scorch.apana.org.au Tue Dec 14 12:25:46 1993
] From: cba...@scorch.apana.org.au (Chris Baird)
] Subject: Fifi vs Minerva vs Amy vs Clarisse
] To: hen...@pegasus.astro.utoronto.ca
]
]
] Okay, so I said that the aus newsfeed had opened up and we're now
] getting all the wonderful alt.* newsgroups we never did before...
] But it looks to be only in one direction, as none of my postings
] from here have shown up in Scott's newsgate or on a public
] newsserver. :( Couldya forward this to at3f?
] -- Chris

Newsgroups: alt.tv.tiny-toon.fandom

In article <2e8ts4$a...@usenet.rpi.edu>
Eric A. Schwartz <sch...@rebecca.its.rpi.edu> wrote:
> I've seen her in the shower, and not just in silouhette. The other
> E.S. is quite a genius.

In article <IDdroppedbyTadstersnewsgate>
Paul Hendry <hen...@helios.physics.utoronto.ca> wrote:
> Which of the Amy animations has her in the shower, not just in silhouette?
> I've just got to see it! :-)

Are we thinking of Clarisse Cat in "The Dating Game" ?
(You've gotta compile xanim Paul. :)

-- Chris Baird,, <cba...@scorch.apana.org.au> @}-`-,--- Fifi La Fume

Eric A. Schwartz

Dec 16, 1993, 3:14:39 PM12/16/93
In article <931214180...@pegasus.astro.utoronto.ca>,

Paul David Hendry <hen...@pegasus.astro.utoronto.ca> wrote:

>In article <CHn05...@helios.physics.utoronto.ca>
>Paul Hendry <hen...@helios.physics.utoronto.ca> wrote:
> > [. . .]
> > How do you know? Have you seen any Amy skirt peeks? :-) ~~~
>
>In article <2e8ts4$a...@usenet.rpi.edu>
>Eric A. Schwartz <sch...@rebecca.its.rpi.edu> wrote:
> > I've seen her in the shower, and not just in silouhette. The other
> > E.S. is quite a genius.
>
>In article <IDdroppedbyTadstersnewsgate>
>Paul Hendry <hen...@helios.physics.utoronto.ca> wrote:
> > Which of the Amy animations has her in the shower, not just in silhouette?
> > I've just got to see it! :-)
>
>Are we thinking of Clarisse Cat in "The Dating Game" ?
>(You've gotta compile xanim Paul. :)

No, it's a print that E.W.S. did. I bought it at Philcon.

E.A.S.

Quozl

Dec 16, 1993, 8:29:00 PM12/16/93
**}}TO: All
**}}FROM: Eric A. Schwartz
**}}SUBJECT: Fifi vs Minerva vs Am
**}}ON: 12-16-93 22:41

EAS> In article <931214180...@pegasus.astro.utoronto.ca>,

EAS> Paul David Hendry <hen...@pegasus.astro.utoronto.ca> wrote:
>
>In article <CHn05...@helios.physics.utoronto.ca>
>Paul Hendry <hen...@helios.physics.utoronto.ca> wrote:
> > [. . .]
> > How do you know? Have you seen any Amy skirt peeks? :-) ~~~
>
>In article <2e8ts4$a...@usenet.rpi.edu>
>Eric A. Schwartz <sch...@rebecca.its.rpi.edu> wrote:
> > I've seen her in the shower, and not just in silouhette. The other
> > E.S. is quite a genius.
>
>In article <IDdroppedbyTadstersnewsgate>
>Paul Hendry <hen...@helios.physics.utoronto.ca> wrote:
> > Which of the Amy animations has her in the shower, not just in silhouette?
> > I've just got to see it! :-)
>
>Are we thinking of Clarisse Cat in "The Dating Game" ?
>(You've gotta compile xanim Paul. :)
>

EAS> No, it's a print that E.W.S. did. I bought it at Philcon.

EAS> E.A.S.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!

Now you know what *other* print to send me whenever you send your next order!

(Hey! One of the two reasons I even *bought* an Amiga was for EWS animations!)

Ayiyiyiyiyiyiyiyi.... I *love* sexy squirrels....... ;)

....Quozl!
(qu...@teamhbbs.com)
(denni...@teamhbbs.com)
(Denni...@f313.n161.z1.fidonet.org)
(Dennis Falk @ 1:161/313.0 @ Fidonet/FurNet)

... "Such a dear! And you not nervous as usual!" -Mlle. Hepzibah
---
. Blue Wave/QWK v2.12 .

----
{ Team H BBS - Richmond, CA - 510-236-5114 - Anonymous accounts available }
{ Japanese Animation & Adult *** Stories, Pictures, Conversation }
{ Also supporting Pagan, Fat, and GLB issues }
{ Now carrying RIME and ThrobNet! }

Paul Hendry

Dec 17, 1993, 4:15:43 PM12/17/93
In article <981.12...@teamhbbs.com>, Quozl <qu...@teamhbbs.com> wrote:

>(Hey! One of the two reasons I even *bought* an Amiga was for EWS animations!)

I get the impression that these Amy animations are nothing more than a
form of advertising for the Amiga. Even the name "Amy" seems to be derived
from "AMIga".
--
-- \ - "There, I've said it. I feel better." - Death - / --
-- \- Standard disclaimer: "I just can't help myself!" - Babs -/ --

Eric A. Schwartz

Dec 18, 1993, 2:15:39 AM12/18/93
In article <CI772...@helios.physics.utoronto.ca>,

Paul Hendry <hen...@helios.physics.utoronto.ca> wrote:
>In article <981.12...@teamhbbs.com>, Quozl <qu...@teamhbbs.com> wrote:
>>
>>(Hey! One of the two reasons I even *bought* an Amiga was for EWS animations!)
>
>I get the impression that these Amy animations are nothing more than a
>form of advertising for the Amiga. Even the name "Amy" seems to be derived
>from "AMIga".
>--

I think he did get the name that way, though she's not any form of
official advertising, for sure. I could send you the .gifs of
"The history of Amy the squirrel" when I get back.

Happy holidays.

E.S.

Quozl

Dec 17, 1993, 9:01:00 PM12/17/93
**}}TO: All
**}}FROM: Paul Hendry

**}}SUBJECT: Fifi vs Minerva vs Am
**}}ON: 12-17-93 22:29

PH> In article <981.12...@teamhbbs.com>, Quozl <qu...@teamhbbs.com>

PH> wrote: >
>(Hey! One of the two reasons I even *bought* an Amiga was for EWS animations!)

PH> I get the impression that these Amy animations are nothing more than a
PH> form of advertising for the Amiga. Even the name "Amy" seems to be
PH> derived from "AMIga".

You got the origin of the name right, but you are *woefully* misinformed about
EWS's cartoons. All the loop animations (.FLI, .anim) are early works. Yes,
there's a bit of Amiga-centerism, but not as much as you think. His works were
originally intended to be shown on Amigas, but you don't even have to have a
computer with graphics to enjoy his animations: just buy the EWS animation tape
from him or from his Amiga Users' Group (AFIT AUG) and sit back and enjoy! ;)
Amy the Squirrel is hardly his only effort, since there are an incredibly large
number of animations he's made in the last 5 years. Of the 40 animations he's
done, there are at least 3 featuring Ub Iwerks' Flip The Frog (with Clarisse
Cat- one *very* sexy kitty!), 4 *non*-loop Amy animations (not counting the
slideshow), a great Pogo cartoon (with a **very** sexy Mlle. Hepzibah!), a
great Coyote & Road Runner cartoon, a great (!) Batman parody (with the
Bat-Bat[tm]!), several Juggler parodies, and nearly 20 "Aerotoons", featuring
anthropomorphized jets and copters, etc., including a great space shuttle
cartoon! :) There's a great Gulf War cartoon worthy of being viewed, and last
but hardly the least... A 2.5 minute spoof on the Lemmings videogames that is
just plain hilarious! :)

One of the non-loop Amy animations is so big (7 minutes long) that it is not
available as a downloadable file: it HAS to be seen on tape! It was done
exclusively for home video! ;)

If you would like, I'll dig up the address for EWS and the AFIT group.
(BTW, "AFIT" is the Armed Forces Institute of Technology, but their AUG is
open to the general public. Enough so, that the AFIT AUG is one of the largest
AUG's in North America.)

Quozl

Dec 17, 1993, 11:43:00 PM12/17/93

**}}ON: 12-18-93 03:07

EAS> In article <CI772...@helios.physics.utoronto.ca>,

EAS> Paul Hendry <hen...@helios.physics.utoronto.ca> wrote:
>In article <981.12...@teamhbbs.com>, Quozl <qu...@teamhbbs.com> wrote:
>>
>>(Hey! One of the two reasons I even *bought* an Amiga was for EWS animations!)
>
>I get the impression that these Amy animations are nothing more than a
>form of advertising for the Amiga. Even the name "Amy" seems to be derived
>from "AMIga".
>--

EAS> I think he did get the name that way, though she's not any form of
EAS> official advertising, for sure. I could send you the .gifs of
EAS> "The history of Amy the squirrel" when I get back.

These GIFs are available at avatar.snc.edu in the directory
/pub/furry/images/downloads/a as amyhist01.gif - amyhist09.gif.

....Quozl!
(qu...@teamhbbs.com)
(denni...@teamhbbs.com)
(Denni...@f313.n161.z1.fidonet.org)
(Dennis Falk @ 1:161/313.0 @ Fidonet/FurNet)

... "I'm a Squirrel Watcher... I'm a Squirrel Watcher...."

Daffy Duck

Dec 18, 1993, 11:59:45 PM12/18/93
In article <995.12...@teamhbbs.com>, qu...@teamhbbs.com (Quozl) says:

>If you would like, I'll dig up the address for EWS and the AFIT group.
Yes Please! >:-)~~~~~~~

Daffy Duck (Jordan C. Peot) | (U28...@UICVM.UIC.EDU) *NARF*
------------------------------------+------------------------------------
"Nothing... I am a mouse in a large, mechanical suit." - Brain
------------------------------------+------------------------------------
"What happened to your TV, aunt Slappy? Ahh, it's having a bad day..."

Quozl

Dec 19, 1993, 1:04:00 AM12/19/93
**}}TO: All
**}}FROM: Daffy Duck

**}}SUBJECT: Fifi vs Minerva vs Am
**}}ON: 12-19-93 02:40

DD> In article <995.12...@teamhbbs.com>, qu...@teamhbbs.com (Quozl)

DD> says: >
>If you would like, I'll dig up the address for EWS and the AFIT group.

DD> Yes Please! >:-)~~~~~~~

Exerpted from the 05/93 AnimList...
*******************
The AFIT Amiga users group. BBS No. (513) 879-9798
. Write to -- E.S. Anims
. c/o AFIT AUG
. P.O. Box 4114
. Dayton, OH 45401-4114
. USA
. (This is the source I most recommend for getting my Anims)

I do not handle orders personally, and I recommend the AFIT group more
than writing to me, as they can turnaround an order quickly and I cannot.

[...]

Eric Schwartz
P.O. Box 292684
Kettering, Ohio 45429-0684
*************************************

....Quozl!
(qu...@teamhbbs.com)
(denni...@teamhbbs.com)
(Denni...@f313.n161.z1.fidonet.org)
(Dennis Falk @ 1:161/313.0 @ Fidonet/FurNet)

... "May the Fur be with you, always!"

Paul Hendry

Dec 20, 1993, 3:54:16 AM12/20/93
In article <1006.12...@teamhbbs.com>, Quozl <qu...@teamhbbs.com> wrote:

>Exerpted from the 05/93 AnimList...
>*******************
>The AFIT Amiga users group. BBS No. (513) 879-9798
>. Write to -- E.S. Anims
>. c/o AFIT AUG
>. P.O. Box 4114
>. Dayton, OH 45401-4114
>. USA

Do you have a voice phone number for them?
Or do they deal exclusively through mail order?

--
-- \ - "There, I've said it. I feel better." - Death - / --
-- \- Standard disclaimer: "I just can't help myself!" - Babs -/ --
-- /- Fifi == SEXIUS SKUNKIUS Minerva == SLINKIUS MINKIUS -\ --

-- / - Paul David Hendry hen...@pegasus.astro.utoronto.ca - \ --

Paul Hendry

Dec 21, 1993, 6:16:10 PM12/21/93
In article <995.12...@teamhbbs.com>, Quozl <qu...@teamhbbs.com> wrote:
>**}}FROM: Paul Hendry

>PH> In article <981.12...@teamhbbs.com>, Quozl <qu...@teamhbbs.com>
>PH> wrote: >
>>(Hey! One of the two reasons I even *bought* an Amiga was for EWS animations!)
>
>PH> I get the impression that these Amy animations are nothing more than a
>PH> form of advertising for the Amiga. Even the name "Amy" seems to be
>PH> derived from "AMIga".
>
>You got the origin of the name right, but you are *woefully* misinformed about
>EWS's cartoons. All the loop animations (.FLI, .anim) are early works. Yes,
>there's a bit of Amiga-centerism, but not as much as you think.

Then how do you explain afitamy.gif? That is clearly using Amy as an
advertisement for AFIT AUG and Amiga.

The fact that Amy was one of the reasons why you bought an Amiga is proof
that, whether intentional or not, the advertising works.

>... "Such a dear! And you not nervous as usual!" -Mlle. Hepzibah

You'll have to explain the context of this line one of these days.

--
-- \ - "There, I've said it. I feel better." - Death - / --
-- \- Standard disclaimer: "I just can't help myself!" - Babs -/ --
-- /- Fifi == SEXIUS SKUNKIUS Minerva == SLINKIUS MINKIUS -\ --

-- / - Paul David Hendry hen...@pegasus.astro.utoronto.ca - \ --

Quozl

Dec 21, 1993, 5:55:00 PM12/21/93
**}}TO: All
**}}FROM: Paul Hendry

**}}SUBJECT: Fifi vs Minerva vs Am
**}}ON: 12-21-93 18:55

PH> In article <995.12...@teamhbbs.com>, Quozl <qu...@teamhbbs.com>

PH> wrote:
>**}}FROM: Paul Hendry
>
>PH> In article <981.12...@teamhbbs.com>, Quozl <qu...@teamhbbs.com>
>PH> wrote: >
>>(Hey! One of the two reasons I even *bought* an Amiga was for EWS animations!)
>
>PH> I get the impression that these Amy animations are nothing more than a
>PH> form of advertising for the Amiga. Even the name "Amy" seems to be
>PH> derived from "AMIga".
>
>You got the origin of the name right, but you are *woefully* misinformed about
>EWS's cartoons. All the loop animations (.FLI, .anim) are early works. Yes,
>there's a bit of Amiga-centerism, but not as much as you think.

PH> Then how do you explain afitamy.gif? That is clearly using Amy as an
PH> advertisement for AFIT AUG and Amiga.

Yep, that *was* a clear pro-Amiga pic! So is amyaward.gif... ;)
The reason for both is simple: he was commissioned to do those pics, of which
he strongly supports the Amiga as his computer of choice...

PH> The fact that Amy was one of the reasons why you bought an Amiga is
PH> proof that, whether intentional or not, the advertising works.

Actually, I was considering an Amiga as far back as 1987, because of its
superior (at the time) graphics handling... (I had ideas about creating a
low-budget sci-fi series using the Amiga for special effects...)

When I finally got a computer (a laptop) in 1991, I figured I couldn't afford
to get an Amiga at that time, and I wanted to do some writing and use any
available astronomy programs that could work on the laptop to further my
writing... (I was working on a Tau Ceti colonization story at the time.. Never
completed it, since I couldn't readily find a program that could show me the
night sky as seen from nearby star systems, or another one that would show
multiple star systems properly... I know Tau Ceti is a single star, BTW,
although I still needed the info for discussing Alpha Centauri...)

Learning about Eric W. Schwartz's animations came by way of a post I made
searching for Furry GIFs and texts on Delphi, and rekindled my interest in
Amigas... What really sold me on Amigas first at that point had nothing to do
with EWS and had everything to do with finding a BBS that was running on an
Amiga, using a BBS program that did exactly what I wanted in a BBS program at
that time, since I considered starting my own Furry BBS called "Quozltime!"
*before* I seriously got into Amigas. It was *after* the BBS encounter that I
finally got to see an Eric W. Schwartz cartoon on tape: "The Anti-Lemmin'
Demo." (This was Jan. 1992 at this point.) I was sold on both EWS and Amigas
after seeing that cartoon (not an .anim... It's a 2.5-minute cartoon!)... ;)

By that time, I was just getting into FurNet while I was running the Comics &
Animation Zone forum on Delphi, my first *real* entry into the Furfandom
community...

All of that started when I asked for Furryfiles! :) I wouldn't be a major
Furryfan if none of that ever happened.... ;)

>... "Such a dear! And you not nervous as usual!" -Mlle. Hepzibah

PH> You'll have to explain the context of this line one of these days.

From EWS's "Pogo" cartoon.... ;) Pogo and his pals nervously approach the
busty skunkette..... ;) They start sweating *after* she says that line...
(I wrote it up since I've repeatedly heard from other Amigans and Furrys who
couldn't understand what she was saying.... Her only other word in the cartoon
is "Boo!" :) )

....Quozl!
(qu...@teamhbbs.com)
(denni...@teamhbbs.com)
(Denni...@f313.n161.z1.fidonet.org)
(Dennis Falk @ 1:161/313.0 @ Fidonet/FurNet)

... "Such a dear! And you're not nervous as usual!" -Mlle. Hepzibah

Quozl

Dec 20, 1993, 9:15:00 PM12/20/93
**}}TO: All
**}}FROM: Paul Hendry
**}}SUBJECT: Fifi vs Minerva vs Am
**}}ON: 12-20-93 06:57

PH> In article <1006.12...@teamhbbs.com>, Quozl <qu...@teamhbbs.com>

PH> wrote: >
>Exerpted from the 05/93 AnimList...
>*******************
>The AFIT Amiga users group. BBS No. (513) 879-9798
>. Write to -- E.S. Anims
>. c/o AFIT AUG
>. P.O. Box 4114
>. Dayton, OH 45401-4114
>. USA

PH> Do you have a voice phone number for them?
PH> Or do they deal exclusively through mail order?

Well, I can't find a voice number in the textfiles I've got... Best I can
offer is the BBS data number.... (above)

My problem here is that I have not dealt with them before.. Kinda reluctant to,
since Dayton is not PC Pursuitable.... :(

....Quozl!
(qu...@teamhbbs.com)
(denni...@teamhbbs.com)
(Denni...@f313.n161.z1.fidonet.org)
(Dennis Falk @ 1:161/313.0 @ Fidonet/FurNet)

... I haven't lost my mind; it's backed up on tape somewhere!