Why a police matter? (spoils 5/6/03)

Robert Goodman

May 6, 2003, 10:22:12 PM5/6/03

So why was calling the police on the clone incubators the "right thing"?
Smallville have some law against that? And hypocritic of Pa Kent to
presume THAT unusual form of bringing someone into the world
illegitimate!

Clever of "Smallville" writers to lead us to think Lana had finally
cracked up, huh? Sure fooled me.

And I think Lionel just laid on a clue that he'd faked his blindness
from the beginning. (Damn, I'm starting to think he faked his wolf
attack & his shooting! Ooh, going down that road again....)

No way Lex wants to leave town for his honeymoon while Lionel's free to
tinker, huh?

Robert

Jedi Tyro

May 6, 2003, 10:45:36 PM5/6/03
Robert Goodman stopped by alt.tv.smallville and wrote:

> So why was calling the police on the clone incubators the "right thing"?
> Smallville have some law against that?

The US does though.

> And hypocritic of Pa Kent to
> presume THAT unusual form of bringing someone into the world
> illegitimate!

Um, last time I checked Jonathan and Martha didn't bring Clark to Earth,
they just adopted him. Far cry from cloning a dead child and conducting
experiments on the clones.

> Clever of "Smallville" writers to lead us to think Lana had finally
> cracked up, huh? Sure fooled me.
>
> And I think Lionel just laid on a clue that he'd faked his blindness
> from the beginning. (Damn, I'm starting to think he faked his wolf
> attack & his shooting! Ooh, going down that road again....)

Take slow, deep, breaths. It'll pass. ;-)

> No way Lex wants to leave town for his honeymoon while Lionel's free to
> tinker, huh?

Do you think Lionel bought him the island or just "rented" it?

--
JT - SVS# 11112-512; DOLL founder

Sprockets

May 7, 2003, 12:04:14 AM5/7/03

"Robert Goodman" <rob...@bestweb.net> wrote in message

> So why was calling the police on the clone incubators the "right thing"?
> Smallville have some law against that?

so who tipped off Lionel that the cops were going to check the house? and
they never found the secret room?

And hypocritical of Pa Kent to

> presume THAT unusual form of bringing someone into the world
> illegitimate!

yeah, how about Martha's baby !

> Clever of "Smallville" writers to lead us to think Lana had finally
> cracked up, huh? Sure fooled me.

its too bad they didn't put Lana away for observation.
and then after she got a mouth to mouth by Clark in the river, she later
says, 'thanks for saving me' ,<< >> like how many times now 150?
and then they just hold hands in the barn and no kiss, what gives?

> And I think Lionel just laid on a clue that he'd faked his blindness
> from the beginning. (Damn, I'm starting to think he faked his wolf
> attack & his shooting! Ooh, going down that road again....)
>
> No way Lex wants to leave town for his honeymoon while Lionel's free to
> tinker, huh?

if Lex and Helen get on that Luthor Corp. jet to the island, it will
probably go down in the Bermuda Triangle never to be seen again !

Sprockets

Jewlz!

May 7, 2003, 1:12:28 PM5/7/03
"Robert Goodman" <rob...@bestweb.net> wrote in message:::::::

> So why was calling the police on the clone incubators the "right thing"?
> Smallville have some law against that? And hypocritic of Pa Kent to
> presume THAT unusual form of bringing someone into the world
> illegitimate!

What I don't get is why the Sherriff didn't jump on Clark and Lana for
TRESPASSING to begin with. She's already warned Clark once or twice now.

> Clever of "Smallville" writers to lead us to think Lana had finally
> cracked up, huh? Sure fooled me.

That would be awesome if Lana went insane. I would un-BLaMM myself if she
did.

> And I think Lionel just laid on a clue that he'd faked his blindness
> from the beginning. (Damn, I'm starting to think he faked his wolf
> attack & his shooting! Ooh, going down that road again....)

The only way Lionel could have been faking since the beginning is if he
thought or suspected that he was being monitored by Lex/ the cameras the
whole time.

> No way Lex wants to leave town for his honeymoon while Lionel's free to
> tinker, huh?

The plane would surely go down!

--
Jewlz!
"Thanking you? Well my thank you note must be lost in the mail along with

Go-ta Maga-nus

May 7, 2003, 8:30:58 AM5/7/03
"Sprockets" <spro...@nospam.org> wrote in message

How about it DId Jon ask the ship to do it?

Robert Goodman

May 7, 2003, 11:43:05 PM5/7/03
"Jewlz!" <je...@vnet.net> wrote in message

> What I don't get is why the Sherriff didn't jump on Clark and Lana for

> TRESPASSING to begin with. She's already warned Clark once or twice
now.

This sheriff's a joker in the deck, a wild card that can be used however
the writers want. I think we're supposed to think she's just a nut.

> > And I think Lionel just laid on a clue that he'd faked his blindness
> > from the beginning.

If you're wondering what I'm referring to, it was his line to Lex about
the need to keep a sharp eye (pointing to his own) on things.

> > No way Lex wants to leave town for his honeymoon while Lionel's free
> > tinker, huh?

> The plane would surely go down!
> --

I doubt it. Lionel would never kill Lex over something like this, when
other means are available. Lex is very special to Lionel.

Robert

Keith Baird

May 8, 2003, 9:38:24 AM5/8/03
"Robert Goodman" <rob...@bestweb.net> wrote:

> So why was calling the police on the clone incubators the "right thing"?
> Smallville have some law against that? And hypocritic of Pa Kent to
> presume THAT unusual form of bringing someone into the world
> illegitimate!

More to the point, its hypocritcal of Jonathan to presume it's a
police matter because someone has something peculiar in their root
cellar.

--/<eith

Jedi Tyro

May 8, 2003, 10:35:37 PM5/8/03
Howard Wilson II stopped by alt.tv.smallville and wrote:

> Jedi Tyro <jedi...@adelphia.net> wrote in news:1lirwud8yz4kv
> $.1ls1txq7...@40tude.net:

>> Robert Goodman stopped by alt.tv.smallville and wrote:

>>> P
>>> O
>>> I
>>> L
>>> E

>>> U
>>> F
>>> F
>>> E

>>> E
>>> R
>>>
>>> So why was calling the police on the clone incubators the "right thing"?
>>> Smallville have some law against that?
>>
>> The US does though.
>

> I'm going to call you on that. If the US has a law against cloning humans,
> then explain why the fundies are clamoring for a law banning the cloning of
> humans.

Sorry, my bad. Mistakenly thought the bill had been passed and made into
law after coming across the following awhile back:

http://tinyurl.com/bc65

Guess I should've read it more closely, thanks for keeping me real. ;-)

Now that doesn't mean that Smallville or the US in the Smallvilleverse
hasn't banned human cloning, it is a TV show after all. Regardless, and
something I should've mentioned in my original response, Clark and Lana
likely told the sheriff about the little girls in the "incubators."
Regardless of their being clones or not, the sheriff likely investigated to
see if any child abuse was occurring.

Jedi Tyro

May 8, 2003, 10:37:37 PM5/8/03

See my response to Howard, there were children being kept in those units
and I think that was the main concern.

Robert Goodman

May 9, 2003, 11:36:19 AM5/9/03
"Jedi Tyro" <jedi...@adelphia.net> wrote in message

> Now that doesn't mean that Smallville or the US in the Smallvilleverse

> hasn't banned human cloning, it is a TV show after all. Regardless,
and
> something I should've mentioned in my original response, Clark and
Lana
> likely told the sheriff about the little girls in the "incubators."

> Regardless of their being clones or not, the sheriff likely
investigated to
> see if any child abuse was occurring.
> --

As if their sleeping quarters were evidence of abuse? Basically I think
what we've got here is an old sci-fi tradition -- the torch-bearing mob
at Frankenstein's door.

Jedi Tyro

May 10, 2003, 3:56:20 PM5/10/03
Robert Goodman stopped by alt.tv.smallville and wrote:

> "Jedi Tyro" <jedi...@adelphia.net> wrote in message

*clipped*

>> Regardless of their being clones or not, the sheriff likely
>> investigated to
>> see if any child abuse was occurring.
>> --

> As if their sleeping quarters were evidence of abuse? Basically I think
> what we've got here is an old sci-fi tradition -- the torch-bearing mob
> at Frankenstein's door.

Did you forget that they were hooked up to various machines? Based upon
what Clark and Lana saw, there's no reason not to think those girls were
being experimented on, which I think anyone in their right mind would
consider child abuse.

--
JT - SVS# 11112-512; DOLL founder

"This lady has pissed off the Kents and the Luthors in Smallville...how
smart is that?" - M-Wolverine

Robert Goodman

May 10, 2003, 7:15:44 PM5/10/03

> >> Regardless of their being clones or not, the sheriff likely

> >> investigated to
> >> see if any child abuse was occurring.
> >> --
> > As if their sleeping quarters were evidence of abuse? Basically I
think
> > what we've got here is an old sci-fi tradition -- the torch-bearing
mob
> > at Frankenstein's door.

> Did you forget that they were hooked up to various machines? Based
upon
> what Clark and Lana saw, there's no reason not to think those girls
were
> being experimented on, which I think anyone in their right mind would
> consider child abuse.
> --

I thought those machines were for life support. OTOH, human cloning
being novel, is there anything in those girls' lives which could NOT be
considered an experiment? But if the only way a person can live is to
"be an experiment", then how can that be considered abuse?

Robert

Jedi Tyro

May 11, 2003, 9:52:54 AM5/11/03
Robert Goodman stopped by alt.tv.smallville and wrote:

Good points all around, but the real issue is that Clark and Lana had no
idea whether that equipment was necessary for those girls to live. They
found them in a secret lab behind a hidden entrance (rather redundant, but
you catch my drift) and what they likely reported to the sheriff would
cause any rational and concerned adult to look into the matter. I'm not
saying the sheriff could've done anything legally to the father, just that
she was obligated to look into it.