Of Apu and Rubik's Cubes...

Josh Mercer

Nov 21, 1991, 3:30:44 AM11/21/91
1) Apu. First, I'm sick to death of the Simpsons being thought of as racist.
Apu may be stereotypical, but that doesn't make the Simpsons OR Matt a racist.
And as far as his comment "I've always dreamed of the day when one of you
would be working for me," one could take it as referring to "one of you" as
his customers, who more often than not stick a gun in his face.
2) Rubik's Cube. Maybe Homer wasn't trained for his current job (Technical
supervisor, even though he was supposed to be in charge of safety afterward)
until 1981, when the Rubik's Cube was a big thing, after spending five years
as an even LOWER level drudge...

Give the "eeeEEeeeEEeeK" thing a rest, guys...

UUCP: {hplabs!hp-sdd ucsd nosc}!crash!pnet01!joshm
ARPA: crash!pnet01!jo...@nosc.mil
INET: jo...@pnet01.cts.com