where is springfield?

Weirdmf

Aug 2, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/2/99
in one episode (sorry, i just know the germam title!), they have shown
springfield on a landcard!!!! it was the episode, as homer was in the navy!

11355...@compuserve.com

Aug 2, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/2/99
Weirdmf wrote:

> in one episode (sorry, i just know the germam title!), they have shown
> springfield on a landcard!!!! it was the episode, as homer was in the navy!

Springfield has appeared a number of times on maps (that's the word); as
you may have noticed, that's an old question that tends to go nowhere.

Rapsy

Aug 2, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/2/99
I think springfield is a city that lands wherever it wants. This is why:
there is a springfield in every state, but no one can say where. the river
rafting trip was on east coast while the navy way on the west coast. The
astroid episode, suddenly springfield became an island, never was that river
seen before. And finnaly STAY OUT OF MY BOSS.

I'M NOT AS CRAZY AS ME! or am i???

Lindsay

Aug 2, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/2/99
Stay out of your boss???

FiestaBobx

Aug 3, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/3/99
>I think springfield is a city that lands wherever it wants. This is why:
>there is a springfield in every state, but no one can say where. the river
>rafting trip was on east coast while the navy way on the west coast. The
>astroid episode, suddenly springfield became an island, never was that river
>seen before.

And don't forget the huge mountain which conveniently appeared in order for
Homer to climb it.

And the house across the street which was a mansion for George Bush and didn't
exist when Marge drove the Canyonero (F class) offroad and drove right through
where it should have been.

Andrew Gill

Aug 3, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/3/99
Lindsay <l_stac...@hotmail.com> wrote in article
<7o5kp4$q85$1...@garnet.nbnet.nb.ca>...

> Stay out of your boss???

That depends. How sexy is she? In a Janeane Garofalo kind of way.

--
|Andrew A. Gill |I posted to Silent-Tristero and|
|<super...@mail.rit.edu> |all I got was this stupid sig! |
|<http://www.rit.edu/~aag3978> Temporary sig:

Of course, it's not like I'd even have a chance with a hooker...

Hari Wierny

Aug 3, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/3/99
I think "Trash of the Titans" involving the moving of the entire city
of Springfield was a bash at us all who have been studying episodes
for years to find out. Heh heh... years of work, ruined. :-)

TabbyKat85

Aug 3, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/3/99
The location of Springfield was revealed in "Duffless"--the state on Homer's
drivers license reads 'NT'. If you go to http://www.snpp.com and go to the
FAQ's section, it says that NT stands for North Takoma, which is a made up
state.

>^..^<---------------------TabbyKat85----------------->^..^<
"I've argued in front of every judge in this state. Often as a lawyer." Lionel
Hutz, Burns' Heir, 1F16

Sherm456

Aug 5, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/5/99
In "Lisa Goes to Washington," we see a map with a state abbreviated NT with
Springfield in it. But I never heard a mention of North Takoma.

Dean Humphries

Aug 5, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/5/99
>In "Lisa Goes to Washington," we see a map with a state abbreviated NT with
>Springfield in it. But I never heard a mention of North Takoma.

The shows writers have on occasion in interviews said that Springfield was in
North Takoma. Since many addresses and names in the Simpsons come from Matt
Groenings hometown in Oregon, you can imagine that a lot of it is based on his
experiences growing up there. This is not to say that Springfield is in Oregon,
but it's rather like Superman's living in Metropolis. Metropolis is based on
New York City, but it's not New York City.
So, what state is Springfield in? The cartoon state of North Takoma, which is
west of Moosesylvania (and that's a whole 'nother story).

"By eliminating covalence inhibitors, we create triple-dense carbohydrates, and
thus the so-called 'superdonut!' Many of you mocked my interest in the pastry
sciences..."

To respond, tear down the fort.

Don Brinn

Aug 5, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/5/99

Dean Humphries wrote:

<snip>

> The shows writers have on occasion in interviews said that Springfield was in
> North Takoma. Since many addresses and names in the Simpsons come from Matt
> Groenings hometown in Oregon, you can imagine that a lot of it is based on his
> experiences growing up there. This is not to say that Springfield is in Oregon,
> but it's rather like Superman's living in Metropolis. Metropolis is based on
> New York City, but it's not New York City.
> So, what state is Springfield in? The cartoon state of North Takoma, which is
> west of Moosesylvania (and that's a whole 'nother story).

A whole 'nother story? Well, can I please here the story of
Mooseslyvania?

Don
Ontario, Canada

"Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum videtur."
(Whatever is said in Latin sounds profound.)

RAFIKI

Aug 5, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/5/99
RE: but WHERE is springfield?
ON: alt.tv.simpsons
BY: "Rapsy" <ra...@lmiREMOVE.net>

Ahh and dont forget the quick drive to New York City and Mexico. And the quick
drive to somewhere up in the mountains where homer and burns got trapped. and
lets not forget all the snow they get

Eagle's Dare WWIV Core Support Site (301) 498-1984
FILEnet @1160 Source Distribution Site Fidonet 1:109/500
WWIVnet @8213 WWIV Beta Testing Site bbs.filenet.wwiv.net

Caveman Lawyer

Aug 5, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/5/99
or the hurricane.

--
I have a response to that but I'd rather mail it to ya. -- Will Ferral as
Ted Kazinsci, Saturday Night Live

Dave Hall

Aug 6, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/6/99
FYI

[Where is Springfield?] The thread that wouldn't die

=[ Version 1.2a ]==============================================================

``Springfield is a State of Mind.''
- a.t.s. denizen

{Note this list is a supplement to the master list: Where is Springfield?}

Where is Springfield? Despite the repeated requests by some alt.tv.simpsons
denizens to stop, this frequently asked question continues to haunt our
favourite newsgroup. The Simpsons' Springfield, which seems to border an
ocean while remaining landlocked, is situated in a state that has both warm
and cold climates. Obviously, such a town couldn't exist in real life and
fans should take this into consideration when discussing this topic.

!!! Please note this list hasn't been updated since the 6th season. !!!

Episodes featuring a colder climate (e.g. snow):
[7G08] Simpson's Roasting on a Open Fire
[7F03] Bart Gets An F
[9F01] Homer the Heretic
[9F07] Mr. Plow
~[1F02] Homer Goes to College (Burns mentions the need for a ice scraper)

Some episodes featuring a warmer climate (palm trees, cactus plants, or sand):
[8F08] Flaming Moe's
[8F14] Homer Alone
[9F09] Homer's Triple Bypass
[9F21] Homer's Barbershop Quartet
[1F03] Marge on the Lam
[1F09] Homer the Vigilante

Some episodes featuring Springfield as land-locked:
[8F01] Mr Lisa Goes To Washington
[8F04] Homer Defined
[8F17] Dog of Death
[9F10] Marge vs. the Monorail

Some episodes featuring Springfield near ocean water:
[9F01] Homer the Heretic
[9F02] Lisa the Beauty Queen
[9F08] Lisa's First Words
[1F06] Boy-Scoutz N The Hood
[1F08] $pringfield
[1F18] Sweet Seymour Skinner's Baddasssss Song
[2F02] Sideshow Bob Roberts
[2F04] Bart's Girlfriend
[2F08] Fear of Flying

Using direct evidence from the show, the following states were eliminated so
far (but see the master list):

Alabama [7F22,8F01] Louisiana [7F18,8F11] Nevada [8F06]
Alaska [9F05,2F08] Maryland [1F04] New Jersey [7F24]
California [7F09*] Massachusetts [7F09*] New York [7F09,8F01]
Florida [7F13,9F06] Michigan [7F16,1F11] Ohio [1F10]
Hawaii [7F16,8F09,9F06,2F08] Minnesota [8F01] Texas [7F17]
Illinois [7F01,7F09*,7F15] Mississippi [7G12] Utah [7F13]
Iowa [8F15] Missouri [7F15,2F06] West Virginia [7G06]
{* See note in master list regarding this episode}

This leaves the following states to speculate:
Arizona Idaho Nebraska Oregon Vermont
Arkansas Indiana New Hampshire Pennsylvania Virginia
Colorado Kansas New Mexico Rhode Island Washington
Connecticut Kentucky North Carolina South Carolina Wisconsin
Delaware Maine North Dakota South Dakota Wyoming
Georgia Montana Oklahoma Tennessee

{Please refer to the master list for more information}

BTW - Matt Groening is from Oregon.

Dave Hall (dave...@escape.ca)

grosse

Aug 6, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/6/99
And east of Duckburg, Calistoa?

Dean Humphries <dean...@aol.comFORT> wrote in message

> >In "Lisa Goes to Washington," we see a map with a state abbreviated NT
with
> >Springfield in it. But I never heard a mention of North Takoma.
>

> The shows writers have on occasion in interviews said that Springfield was
in
> North Takoma. Since many addresses and names in the Simpsons come from
Matt
> Groenings hometown in Oregon, you can imagine that a lot of it is based on
his
> experiences growing up there. This is not to say that Springfield is in
Oregon,
> but it's rather like Superman's living in Metropolis. Metropolis is based
on
> New York City, but it's not New York City.
> So, what state is Springfield in? The cartoon state of North Takoma, which
is
> west of Moosesylvania (and that's a whole 'nother story).

TabbyKat85

Aug 6, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/6/99
There is an easy answer to where Springfield is...

NT

Just watch Duffless (if it is ever shown again) and freeze it when Homer's
drivers license is shown.

Anyone know when Duffless will be shown again? And Rosebud? I love those two
episodes but haven't seen them in a long time.

hardinger j. flapdoodle

Aug 6, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/6/99

Sherm456 wrote...

> In "Lisa Goes to Washington," we see a map with a state abbreviated NT
with
> Springfield in it. But I never heard a mention of North Takoma.

the official word is that springfield is located in the fictional state of
north tacoma. so let it die already. the joke originally was that there
are so many towns named springfield, it could be just about any of them.

please, just let a tired old topic die.

--
hardinger j. flapdoodle
sage of cartoon/anime lore, obnoxious older brother and sexiest member of

hardinger j. flapdoodle

Aug 6, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/6/99

grosse wrote...

> And east of Duckburg, Calistoa?

and to the southwest of st. canard.

grosse

Aug 7, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/7/99
Oh well, at least we know WHERE Duckburg is. Don Rosa pinpointed it near
Disneyland.

hardinger j. flapdoodle <stu...@frontiernet.net> wrote in message

Dean Humphries

Aug 8, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/8/99
>> So, what state is Springfield in? The cartoon state of North Takoma, which
is
> west of Moosesylvania (and that's a whole 'nother story).
>A whole 'nother story? Well, can I please here the story of
>Mooseslyvania?

It's from the Rocky And Bullwinkle Show.
Bullwinkle is governor of Moosylvania, a small island in the Lake of the Woods,
but he doesn't live there. Moosylvania is the subject of a dispute between the
United States and Canada: each country claims that it belongs to the other. Jay
Ward, the series creator, actually bought an island in the Lake of the Woods
and dubbed it Moosylvania. He and publicist Howard Brandy crossed the country
in a circus wagon, gathering signatures on a petition for statehood for
Moosylvania. Unfortunately, they arrived at the White House just at the time of
the Cuban Missile Crisis and were escorted off the grounds at gunpoint.

"It all started out with a simple LOL and progressed to a ROFL. At that point,
we thought he was still OK, but then it went all the way to ROFLMAO, and that's
when the trouble began."

Mike Bloxam

Aug 9, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/9/99
    Of course, as every avid Simpsons fan knows, Springfield is not in any state at all.  I have tried to find out myself, and the five Springfields in the U.S. are not in any corresponding maps that have been on The Simpsons.  Example:  The episode when the family went to Washington because Lisa won the speech contest for Reading Digest.  They showed Springfield in a state which made a four-corner type thing, therefore placing Springfield in Utah.  However, there is no Springfield in Utah.
    I rest my case.  Oh, I thought that was just a figure of speech.  Case closed.

... Mike Bloxam.
http://www.execulink.com/~bloxam/hangout/index.htm

Darrel Jones

Aug 9, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/9/99

Dave Hall wrote in message <70Kr3.4028$mH4.2...@typhoon.mbnet.mb.ca>...

>Mike Bloxam <mbl...@hotmail.com> wrote:
>> Of course, as every avid Simpsons fan knows, Springfield is not in
>>any state at all. I have tried to find out myself, and the five
>>Springfields in the U.S. are not in any corresponding maps that have
>>been on The Simpsons. Example: The episode when the family went to
>>Washington because Lisa won the speech contest for Reading Digest.
>>They showed Springfield in a state which made a four-corner type
>>thing, therefore placing Springfield in Utah. However, there is no
>>Springfield in Utah. I rest my case. Oh, I thought that was just a
>>figure of speech. Case closed.
>
>After "Mr Lisa Goes To Washington" first airing, Steve Phillips
>posted the following map to a.t.s.:
>
> +
> +
> Springfield +
> +
> ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
> +
> ^ ^ +
> ^ ^ ^ +
> +
>
>Utah indeed appears to fit this topography. However, Andrew Gerber
>points out that part of Utah is very desolate, "it's just north of
>Monument Valley and is on Navaho Indian reservation. It gets its
>share of snow in the winter, as the entire area is above 4000ft in
>elevation."

Plus, the "Four Corners" (as this meeting point of Utah, Colorado, Arizona,
and New Mexico has been called) are square. The map on the show is much more
irregular. And (depending on what the caret marks in northeast Arizona mean)
I don't think there's much water around there.

Dave Hall

Aug 10, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/10/99

``No! Nevada makes my butt look big.''
-- Lisa Simpson

Kieran Murphy

Aug 10, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/10/99
Can't we all be agreed that Springfield doesn't actually exist?

I read in this newsgroup that it's in a state called North Tacoma.  I'm pretty sure this is made up.  Either that or my atlas is out of date.

Actually I should make it clear that I'm 100% sure that it doesn't exist.  The above line implies that I entertain notions about the existence of North Tacoma.
Mike Bloxam <mbl...@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:37AF9193...@hotmail.com...
    Of course, as every avid Simpsons fan knows, Springfield is not in any state at all.  I have tried to find out myself, and the five Springfields in the U.S. are not in any corresponding maps that have been on The Simpsons.  Example:  The episode when the family went to Washington because Lisa won the speech contest for Reading Digest.  They showed Springfield in a state which made a four-corner type thing, therefore placing Springfield in Utah.  However, there is no Springfield in Utah.
    I rest my case.  Oh, I thought that was just a figure of speech.  Case closed.

11355...@compuserve.com

Aug 10, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/10/99
>     Of course, as every avid Simpsons fan knows, Springfield is not in
> any state at all.  I have tried to find out myself, and the five
> Springfields in the U.S. are not in any corresponding maps that have
> been on The Simpsons.  Example:  The episode when the family went to
> Washington because Lisa won the speech contest for Reading Digest.
> They showed Springfield in a state which made a four-corner type
> thing, therefore placing Springfield in Utah.  However, there is no
> Springfield in Utah.
>     I rest my case.  Oh, I thought that was just a figure of speech.
> Case closed.

Do all these 'where is Springfield' threads only exist so people can
show off their knowledge of US geography? Plus I'm pretty sure there
are far more than five Springfields.

Dave Hall

Aug 10, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/10/99
Clip & save & repost when necessarily, :-)

What people who work the show say about Where is Springfield?

Matt Groening:
Peter Roth (president of Fox Entertainment) interviewed Matt.
In one passage Matt talks about Futurama, but mentions The
Simpsons:

"We took such a long time developing this thing. With `The
Simpsons' it's just -- it's Springfield. It's this fictional
town and there's the equivalent of Dairy Queen and Denny's
and, you know, normal beers and stuff like that are all
fictional versions of them."

(Snipped from The Washington Post, '93)

"The reason why the town is called Springfield," Groening says
obligingly, knowing he will be asked, "is because when I was a
kid I watched 'Father Knows Best,' which took place in a town
called Springfield. And I always assumed it was the next town
over." "We get letters from people all over the place telling
me they know it's _their_ Springfield because their
Springfield has a toxic waste dump and a nuclear power plant.
It's very sad, the number of letters we get like that."

Matt Groening and Nancy Cartwright:
(Snipped from their Museum of Radio and Television Seminar)

Location of Springfield: Mr. Groening hesitated when asked this
question, saying he didn't want to ruin the raging debate on
the internet! He then explained that Springfield was the name
of a town near his hometown of Portland. It was also the name
of the town in "Father Knows Best", and when he was a kid, he
thought the show was filmed in the neighboring city.

Mrs. Cartwright mentioned that Springfield is the most popular
town name in the country, and they seemed to agree that it
more-or-less represents anytown, USA.

Yeardley Smith:
(From her Lycos Q&A session)

Q: Is Springfield in MA?
YS: Not necessarily. Springfield is the most common name for
town in America and that's why Matt chose it.

Mike Scully:
(Snipped from a Daily TV Interview)

Q: What state is Springfield in?
MS: Massachusetts.
Q: Massachusetts?
MS: (deadpan) No. Matt has always said it's supposed to
represent Anytown, U.S.A. So Springfield is wherever the
jokes -- wherever we need it to be for the jokes that week.
If we need them to be near the ocean, then Springfield is
on the coast. If they're gonna be on a farm, Springfield is
in the Midwest, if they're going to Vegas, it's in the
desert. So it's wherever we need to be.

David Silverman:
(From his talk at Standford, Courtesy of Royal James Kopperud)

The Springfield is "the same Springfield as Father Knows Best"
and was chosen because there is one in just about every state.
Several questioners tried to dig out the answers to this type
of FAQ, but Silverman sidestepped most of the questions with a
sly smile. He was clearly aware of the appeal these mysteries
have for regular viewers.

(From his Harper College interview with Matthew Kurth)

Matthew Kurth points out the following: David also put the
"Where is Springfield?" debate to rest by stating that
Springfield is in the state of North Takoma, adding that the
town is "8 miles from Toon Town."

(Snipped from "Time Out Magazine")

"There's also an ongoing discussion about where Springfield
actually is. I was doing a lecture once and told them it was
in North Takoma. Half the room laughed but you could see the
others trying to picture where North Takoma is on the map!"

{Note this is the NT everyone is speaking of - DH}

--snip--

--
"That's the problem with finding out where Springfield is. Something
is given in one episode, and it's contradicted in the next episode."

Joshua Latta

Aug 10, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/10/99
Springfield exists in all our hearts..and our groins...It`s evrywhere
and no where..I live in a basement there and you live in a dead cow..I
love ice cream

TheCentralSc...@pobox.com

Aug 10, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/10/99

Nah. They exist so that people can show off their ignorance of the
simpsons. Anyone who has seen a whole three episodes would know that
springfield is fictional.

TheCentralSc...@pobox.com

Aug 10, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/10/99
On Mon, 9 Aug 1999 21:50:44 -0700, Darrel Jones <dar...@sonic.net> wrote:

>Plus, the "Four Corners" (as this meeting point of Utah, Colorado, Arizona,
>and New Mexico has been called) are square. The map on the show is much more
>irregular. And (depending on what the caret marks in northeast Arizona mean)
>I don't think there's much water around there.

On the show, it is the "five corners"

N1evh

Aug 10, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/10/99
>Springfield is not in any
>state at all. I have tried to find out myself, and the five Springfields in
>the U.S.

You only found 5 cities/towns named Springfield in the US???

If so, sounds like you need a new map book. I believe there are
about 37 states in the US with a Springfield.

Mike
n1...@aol.com

Dave Hall

Aug 10, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/10/99

Darrel is referring to map in "Mr. Lisa Goes to Washington", which
shows the four adjoining states.

For those that don't know: TheCentralScrutinizer.155 is referring
to the episode "Itchy & Scratchy Land", where it shows the family
visiting the "Five Corners" National Monument on their way to
I&S land.

--
Ever since the creation of alt.tv.simpsons, the topic of "Where is
Springfield" have been debated to a feverish pitch -- often resulting

Gregory Segal

Gregory Segal

Aug 19, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/19/99
to Rapsy

Rapsy

Aug 19, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/19/99
But remember in the astroid episode, they said "Springfield in the great
state of-"

Actually there is a Springfield in 24 of the 50 U.S. states. I live in one
of them (VA). The location of springfield is made up; that's why is an
episode to which I have forgotten, on of the Simpson family members said,
"Springfield, the 51st U.S. state"
-J.T.
Rapsy wrote:

I think springfield is a city that flys and lands wherever it wants.

This is why:
there is a springfield in every state, but no one can say where. the
river
rafting trip was on east coast while the navy way on the west coast. The
astroid episode, suddenly springfield became an island, never was that
river

seen before. And finnaly STAY OUT OF MY BOOZE.

I'M NOT AS CRAZY AS I THINK I AM! or am i???

sorry about all the mess ups in the original message
also in the episode with super dog, the end with the medicinal marijuana (no
clue spelling) implies california, are there any other states with that?

J.T. Segal

Aug 20, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/20/99
to N1evh, mbl...@hotmail.com
Well I BELEIVE that you are wrong about there being 37 states in US or only 5
states with Springfield. There clearly are 21 Springfields in the U.S. These
are:

CO, GA, ID, IL, KY, LA, MA, MO NE, NH, NJ, OH, OR, PA, SC, SD, TN, VA, VT, WI,
WV.

(Verified by Microsft Bookshelf 98 "Quick Zip Code")

AND more about where is the Simpsons' Springfield: I looked up in MS Bookshelf
98 if there is an Evergreen Terrace in a Springfield of any state in America.
There were none.

So clearly, Springfield is made up.

Ed

Aug 20, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/20/99
There clearly are 21 Springfields in the U.S. These
> are:
>
> CO, GA, ID, IL, KY, LA, MA, MO NE, NH, NJ, OH, OR, PA, SC, SD, TN, VA, VT,
WI,
> WV.

> AND more about where is the Simpsons' Springfield: I looked up in MS
Bookshelf
> 98 if there is an Evergreen Terrace in a Springfield of any state in
America.
> There were none.

~~~Now, this is in no way meant to answer the question pertaining to the
existance of Speingfield in the Simpsons, BUT there in fact is such a place
as Evergreen Terrace near Middletown, New York. As we have been informed,
there is not even a Springfield in New York, so that is not the Evergreen
Terrace in the show. PLUS, this road just contains a bunch of ugly
townhouses filled with drug use, so it is clearly not the model for the
tract housing and the relative low-crime (barring the Quickie-Mart holdups
and occational alien invations) of Springfield, GH (Groening's Head).

Hope you all enjoyed that tidbit.

Ed

Rando Christensen

Aug 24, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/24/99
My personal opinion is that the Writers, Creators, Etc. get off in some
strange way over the fact that The city itself isn't any actual city at
all.

God knows, i would. ;)

* Rando

A cute thingy:
-----
Hello. I'm Leonard Nimoy. The following tale of Alien encounters is
true. And by True, I mean false. It's all lies. But they're
entertaining lies. And in the end, isn't that the real truth? The answer
is: No.
--- Leonard Nimoy, "The Springfield Files"

Cap'n Twill

Aug 27, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/27/99
> . But I
> >remember one episode that my bf pointed out that it looked like Springfield
> >was somewhere near Lousiana--plus (he says) remember when they went to New
> >Orleans?
> > ~Amy~
>
> The name of that song is Baker Street

No, he is gay.

Cap'n Twill

"I dubbed it 'fanta-crap!'"

Dan Wiznitzer

Aug 27, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/27/99
Remember in one of the episodes where homer was filling out an envelope or
something and he said "springfield; Oh-hi-O Marge" as she walked in
Tarasco <losra...@uswest.net> wrote in message
> I think so too. I heard once that the writers don't even know where
> Springfield is and they just played on everyone asking where it is. But I

> remember one episode that my bf pointed out that it looked like
Springfield
> was somewhere near Lousiana--plus (he says) remember when they went to New
> Orleans?
> ~Amy~

P.J. Cornucopia

Sep 2, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/2/99
You can't really put a location on Springfield. Remember, Bart and co. went
to Knoxville, TN. But the Simpsons went to Capital City once, so it's not
possible to locate it. Springfield is in NT.

Newspaper headline: "Kids make nutritious snacks."

Remove "bination" to reply.