lying

R. Parker

Sep 29, 2000, 3:00:00 AM9/29/00
Can anybody tell me which episode it is that Lister teaches Kryton to
lie????

In the episode he tries to make Kryton say a Banana is an apple. I have
asked and asked, as well as looked in the video shops. I know I've seen
this episode but for the life of me I can't find it to buy it!

CAN ANYBODY OUT THERE HELP ME :(

Aaron A Fimister

Sep 29, 2000, 3:00:00 AM9/29/00
The episode is Camille on Red Dwarf IV Byte 1 (BBCV 4847), but I think it's
deleted now.

Is it deleted folks?
--
Aaron :o)

`偕爻,虜,齯滌`偕爻,虜,齯滌`偕爻,虜,齯滌`偕爻,虜

Warning: Usenet may contain nuts.
Remember: Trolls & spammers can choke on nuts.

SmeggerUK

Sep 29, 2000, 3:00:00 AM9/29/00

Aaron A Fimister <syna...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> The episode is Camille on Red Dwarf IV Byte 1 (BBCV 4847), but I think
it's
> deleted now.
>
> Is it deleted folks?

Yes and no...the *original* and unremasturbated was deleted, but you can get
the remasturbated episode, complete without funny lines and dialogue, and
with extra animation provided by Legoland Windsor (well, it looks like it
is, at least ;-))

Of course, you *could* download it from the internet...I've seen (the
remastered one) it in the alt.binaries.multimedia NG (and there's still a
couple of other episodes in there...

/me is a proud owner of the original...and has been for about 6 years now
;-)

(I *might* even be able to get it online for you...just you'll have to 1.
Wait a while for me to get my new machine with nice new digitiser and 2.
Wait a while for me to get my new machine with nice new digitiser...now, I
know that technically that's one, but...:-))

My current digitiser could handle the episode, but the quality wouldn't be
that great, as my system is slower than Rimmer trying to pick up girls in a
bar.

> --
> Aaron :o)
>
> `偕爻,虜,齯滌`偕爻,虜,齯滌`偕爻,虜,齯滌`偕爻,虜
>
> Warning: Usenet may contain nuts.
> Remember: Trolls & spammers can choke on nuts.

If Trolls and spammers are choking on nuts, perhaps they should read up on
how to do oral sex correctly :-)

Oh, and your sig is more than four lines long...and it's something people
here moan about ;-)
Just remove the spaced lines and all will be fine (well, except for with the
trolls and spammers you are offending, but who gives a fuck about them? ;-))

Aaron A Fimister

Sep 29, 2000, 3:00:00 AM9/29/00

SmeggerUK <Smeg...@mailandnews.com> wrote in message

> Aaron A Fimister <syna...@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> > The episode is Camille on Red Dwarf IV Byte 1 (BBCV 4847), but I think
> it's
> > deleted now.
> >
> > Is it deleted folks?
>
> Yes and no...the *original* and unremasturbated was deleted, but you can
get
> the remasturbated episode, complete without funny lines and dialogue, and
> with extra animation provided by Legoland Windsor (well, it looks like it
> is, at least ;-))

ROFLMAO! It's not just me that hates the SE's then

> Of course, you *could* download it from the internet...I've seen (the
> remastered one) it in the alt.binaries.multimedia NG (and there's still a
> couple of other episodes in there...
>
> /me is a proud owner of the original...and has been for about 6 years now
> ;-)

Yeah I have the original (and best) too, just wasn't sure if the video had
been usurped by that diabolical mess that is the SE.

> (I *might* even be able to get it online for you...just you'll have to 1.
> Wait a while for me to get my new machine with nice new digitiser and 2.
> Wait a while for me to get my new machine with nice new digitiser...now, I
> know that technically that's one, but...:-))
>
> My current digitiser could handle the episode, but the quality wouldn't be
> that great, as my system is slower than Rimmer trying to pick up girls in
> bar.

That's ok, but I think R.Parker might appreciate that:o)

> > --
> > Aaron :o)
> >
> > `偕爻,虜,齯滌`偕爻,虜,齯滌`偕爻,虜,齯滌`偕爻,虜
> >
> > Warning: Usenet may contain nuts.
> > Remember: Trolls & spammers can choke on nuts.
>
> If Trolls and spammers are choking on nuts, perhaps they should read up on
> how to do oral sex correctly :-)

Exactly!

> Oh, and your sig is more than four lines long...and it's something people
> here moan about ;-)
> Just remove the spaced lines and all will be fine (well, except for with
the
> trolls and spammers you are offending, but who gives a fuck about them?
;-))

LOL!!! Sig altered;o)

Lister

Sep 29, 2000, 3:00:00 AM9/29/00
On Fri, 29 Sep 2000 20:33:02 +0800, "R. Parker" <rus...@iinet.net.au>
wrote:

>Can anybody tell me which episode it is that Lister teaches Kryton to
>lie????

KryTEN, KryTEN!!!!! why do SO many people not know how to spell it?

--
sigless and fancy free

SmeggerUK

Sep 29, 2000, 3:00:00 AM9/29/00

> SmeggerUK <Smeg...@mailandnews.com> wrote in message
> > Aaron A Fimister <syna...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> > the *original* and unremasturbated was deleted, but you can get

> > the remasturbated episode, complete without funny lines and dialogue,
and
> > with extra animation provided by Legoland Windsor (well, it looks like
it
> > is, at least ;-))
>
> ROFLMAO! It's not just me that hates the SE's then

Actually, there *are* bits both myself and my brother like about the
remastered series (and, may I point out, I only own *one* remastered
video...and it was a christmas present from when they stopped selling the
originals...although I own the whole set in original too)

For instance, the bit at the end of bodyswap where the cat does all the
extra "messing about" with the food, like he did with the chicken in that
other episode (of course, it's meant to be Rimmer, which is why I think they
cut it ;-))

> Yeah I have the original (and best) too, just wasn't sure if the video had
> been usurped by that diabolical mess that is the SE.

Second Edition? Special Edition? Stupid Eejits? Stupid Error?

Just call them Rehamstered or Remasturbated...we'll know what you're on
about :-)

Even better, call them the "crap version", we'll still understand ;-)

> > Oh, and your sig is more than four lines long...and it's something
people
> > here moan about ;-)
> > Just remove the spaced lines and all will be fine (well, except for with
> the
> > trolls and spammers you are offending, but who gives a fuck about them?
> ;-))
>
> LOL!!! Sig altered;o)

When I had them, my sig rarely was more than a line long, so I never got
moaned at...

...but I've seen some people being attacked for it :-)

Just don't chuck a 5,000 line prose in yer sig and you'll be fine (and, yes,
people *have* done that sort of thing...just not here :-))

SmeggerUK

Sep 29, 2000, 3:00:00 AM9/29/00
Lister <fa...@clara.net> wrote in message

> On Fri, 29 Sep 2000 20:33:02 +0800, "R. Parker" <rus...@iinet.net.au>
> wrote:
>
> >Can anybody tell me which episode it is that Lister teaches Kryton to
> >lie????

> KryTEN, KryTEN!!!!! why do SO many people not know how to spell it?

Admirable!

(think about it....first person to get what I'm on about and post wins a
prize of nothing)

treadhead

Sep 29, 2000, 3:00:00 AM9/29/00
Especially as the character is based on the film 'The Admirable Creighton'
starring Kenneth More...

Treadhead
"I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it."

Lister wrote:

> On Fri, 29 Sep 2000 20:33:02 +0800, "R. Parker" <rus...@iinet.net.au>
> wrote:
>
> >Can anybody tell me which episode it is that Lister teaches Kryton to
> >lie????
> >

> KryTEN, KryTEN!!!!! why do SO many people not know how to spell it?

Domus

Sep 29, 2000, 3:00:00 AM9/29/00
In article <8r22t9$gntnp$1...@ID-39472.news.cis.dfn.de>, Aaron A Fimister wrote:
>The episode is Camille on Red Dwarf IV Byte 1 (BBCV 4847), but I think it's
>deleted now.
>
>Is it deleted folks?

Uhm, despite SUK's delirious ramblings, it's not deleted. It's not part of
Seasons 1, 2, or 3, and thus has not been remastered. You can buy it as
Series IV, byte 1, I belive.

-Domus

Sure, I'm afraid of my own shadow. It's commited mass genocide.

Domus

Sep 29, 2000, 3:00:00 AM9/29/00
In article <5bg9tso8u68bbq7jg...@4ax.com>, Gavin Clayton wrote:

>This is what "R. Parker" <rus...@iinet.net.au> just wrote:
>
>>Can anybody tell me which episode it is that Lister teaches Kryton to
>>lie????
>
>There has never been an episode of Red Dwarf with a character called
>Kryton.
>
>However, Lister taught Kryt*E*n to lie in Camille, series 4... video
>not currently available, because all series were meant to be replaced
>ny remastered versions, but they seemed to stop doing that after
>series 3.

You mean you guys can't buy videoes of themin the UK? I had no clue. Well,
they're still selling VHS ones, so if you live in the states, you can buy
it...

Col

Sep 29, 2000, 3:00:00 AM9/29/00

Lister <fa...@clara.net> wrote in message
> On Fri, 29 Sep 2000 20:33:02 +0800, "R. Parker" <rus...@iinet.net.au>
> wrote:
>
> >Can anybody tell me which episode it is that Lister teaches Kryton to
> >lie????
> >

> KryTEN, KryTEN!!!!! why do SO many people not know how to spell it?

You sound like Rimmer in Holoship when he's asking about
Dodecadodecahedrons!

Col
--
My nipples don't work.

SmeggerUK

Sep 29, 2000, 3:00:00 AM9/29/00
Domus <do...@junior.apk.net> wrote in message

> In article <8r22t9$gntnp$1...@ID-39472.news.cis.dfn.de>, Aaron A Fimister
wrote:
> >The episode is Camille on Red Dwarf IV Byte 1 (BBCV 4847), but I think
it's
> >deleted now.
> >
> >Is it deleted folks?
>
> Uhm, despite SUK's delirious ramblings, it's not deleted. It's not part of
> Seasons 1, 2, or 3, and thus has not been remastered. You can buy it as
> Series IV, byte 1, I belive.

Except IIRC (and I'm not *100%* sure of this...am I ever? :-)) they've
rehamstered series 1 to *5*, not just up to 3...and I would guess the others
(S4-6) aren't being made any more, and thus is as good as being deleted ;-)

SmeggerUK

Sep 29, 2000, 3:00:00 AM9/29/00
treadhead <trea...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> Especially as the character is based on the film 'The Admirable Creighton'
> starring Kenneth More...

REPLY BELOW THE TEXT YOU ARE REPLYING TO!
(and read the bloody primer)

oh, and the name is "The Admirable *Crichton*", available for perusal at
http://us.imdb.com/Title?0050100

Of course, that is unless you include the 1918 version which is at
http://us.imdb.com/Title?0140790

Col

Sep 29, 2000, 3:00:00 AM9/29/00

> Admirable!
>
> (think about it....first person to get what I'm on about and post wins a
> prize of nothing)

Unlikely. We've been trying to figure out what you're on
about for 6 months now :)

Col

Sep 29, 2000, 3:00:00 AM9/29/00

> > Except IIRC (and I'm not *100%* sure of this...am I ever? :-)) they've
> rehamstered series 1 to *5*, not just up to 3...and I would guess the others
> (S4-6) aren't being made any more, and thus is as good as being deleted ;-)

I thought that only series 1-3 had been remolested. After that I think that
the interest in the project waned, so no more molestations were carried
out. Of course I'm not sure about this, my interest in these episodes
approaches zero as I have a full set of 'original & best' vids!

SmeggerUK

Sep 29, 2000, 3:00:00 AM9/29/00
Col <Cl...@bolton2468.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message

> I thought that only series 1-3 had been remolested. After that I think
that
> the interest in the project waned, so no more molestations were carried
> out.

So G Clayton says...I guess he must be right (he usually is :-))

> Of course I'm not sure about this, my interest in these episodes
> approaches zero as I have a full set of 'original & best' vids!

Same here, and I always have had...well, for the past 6 years or so...sorta,
I've been building it up (all that's missing is 2 S7 vids, and I'm in no
hurry to add them, although I will do eventually :-))

eddavies

Sep 29, 2000, 7:11:26 PM9/29/00
The easy answer is:
You can buy series 1-3(remastered versions) and also series 7 and 8 in the
shops now but as for series 4-6 they have been deleted! I suggest you check
out second hand video shops or www.ebay.co.uk
It is worth noting that the episode your after (Camille) was actually shown
on BBC2 the other week! UK Gold is probably showing it all the time as
well! There..SORTED!
btw..it took me 1 year to get the entire collection of RD in original format
(including the rare tongue tied video) by going to a load of second hand
shops and Ebay...you just have to look hard and be patient!
Best Regards,
Ed
edda...@tinyworld.co.uk (e-mail)
www.eddavies.uk.cf (my website)

R. Parker <rus...@iinet.net.au> wrote in message

> Can anybody tell me which episode it is that Lister teaches Kryton to
> lie????

Col

Sep 29, 2000, 7:32:00 PM9/29/00

> treadhead <trea...@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > Especially as the character is based on the film 'The Admirable Creighton'
> > starring Kenneth More...
>
> REPLY BELOW THE TEXT YOU ARE REPLYING TO!
> (and read the bloody primer)

You are Nick Honeywell and I claim my free guide in 'Instructions into
how to be a newsgroup rule enforcer'

SmeggerUK

Sep 29, 2000, 7:53:38 PM9/29/00

> SmeggerUK <Smeg...@mailandnews.com> wrote in message

> > REPLY BELOW THE TEXT YOU ARE REPLYING TO!

> > (and read the bloody primer)

> You are Nick Honeywell and I claim my free guide in 'Instructions into
> how to be a newsgroup rule enforcer'

/me stabs Col with the primer, to ensure it is bloody enough ;-)

Jim Kraan

Sep 30, 2000, 3:00:00 AM9/30/00

"SmeggerUK" <Smeg...@mailandnews.com> wrote in message

Careful Smegger.. That vein on your forehead is starting to throb again.
Treadhead might just be the one to make it pop.

Jim K.

Aaron A Fimister

Sep 30, 2000, 3:00:00 AM9/30/00
/me is waiting for the unmasturbated DVD's (LOL!!!)

Aaron

Skutter

Oct 1, 2000, 3:00:00 AM10/1/00
"eddavies" <edda...@tinyworld.co.uk> , your mother ate my dog!

>The easy answer is:
>You can buy series 1-3(remastered versions) and also series 7 and 8 in the
>shops now but as for series 4-6 they have been deleted! I suggest you check
>out second hand video shops or www.ebay.co.uk

>btw..it took me 1 year to get the entire collection of RD in original format

>(including the rare tongue tied video) by going to a load of second hand
>shops and Ebay...you just have to look hard and be patient!

Two things. Firstly, please reply below the quoted text. It's how we
like it in this newsgroup, and is standard Usenet format.
Secondly: Deleted or not, copies of the originals are easy to get hold
of. Just go to a non-UK bookshop/video store on the net.
www.flying-pig.co.nz is the one I use, but you'd want something closer
to home.

HTH, HAND.

--
You've reached Skutter's spring Question of the Month!:

How many Gigajoules of human energy would have been
saved if 'seven' were a monosyllabic word?

eddavies

Oct 1, 2000, 3:00:00 AM10/1/00

Skutter <Ben...@xtra.co.nz> wrote in message

> "eddavies" <edda...@tinyworld.co.uk> , your mother ate my dog!
> >The easy answer is:
> >You can buy series 1-3(remastered versions) and also series 7 and 8 in
the
> >shops now but as for series 4-6 they have been deleted! I suggest you
check
> >out second hand video shops or www.ebay.co.uk
>
> >btw..it took me 1 year to get the entire collection of RD in original
format
> >(including the rare tongue tied video) by going to a load of second hand
> >shops and Ebay...you just have to look hard and be patient!
>
> Two things. Firstly, please reply below the quoted text. It's how we
> like it in this newsgroup, and is standard Usenet format.
> Secondly: Deleted or not, copies of the originals are easy to get hold
> of. Just go to a non-UK bookshop/video store on the net.
> www.flying-pig.co.nz is the one I use, but you'd want something closer
> to home.
>
> HTH, HAND.

Okay, i'm writing this under your message..happy? What i'm talking about is
it is hard to find RD in its original format in PAL format not NTSC and
also, i'm not talking about the down under PAL format okay??!! ALsoooo, why
give a link to the over fifties site? Something your trying to tell us?
Ed

Skutter

Oct 2, 2000, 1:01:17 AM10/2/00
"eddavies" <edda...@tinyworld.co.uk> , your mother ate my dog!

>Okay, i'm writing this under your message..happy? What i'm talking about is

>it is hard to find RD in its original format in PAL format not NTSC and
>also, i'm not talking about the down under PAL format okay??!! ALsoooo, why
>give a link to the over fifties site? Something your trying to tell us?

*cough* Ooops, wrong one. :-)
I think it's www.flyingpig.co.nz . My bad.
AFAIK, PAL is the same all around the word. Is that not right, Bhindi
Bhaji? Anyway, it's all on-line. You just need to look in the right
places.

--
You've reached Skutter's Octo Question of the Month!:

Why are the drain holes in some urinals symmetrical, while in others
they appear skewed or scattered?