Framerate?

Ridwan Hughes

Mar 27, 2001, 11:37:04 AM3/27/01
What framerate is ReBoot created in?
The UK PAL videos & TV broadcasts are 25fps which puzzles me as most
cartoons "adopted" from the US are coverted from 30fps to 25fps by way of
half-frames - ie two frames merged together but when played at normal rate
are unnoticable. This is apparent in cartoons such as Ren & Stimpy, Top Cat
etc. when you freeze-frame the animation but oddly not ReBoot.

--
Rid

mairi welman

Mar 27, 2001, 2:00:14 PM3/27/01

Ridwan Hughes wrote:

25 FPS, but we are a PAL facility. Maybe that explains it. No conversion.
Mairi

Mairi Welman
Director of Communications
Mainframe Entertainment, Inc.
tel: 604-714-2600 fax: 604-714-2641
email: ma...@reboot.com www.mainframe.ca

Brian Doyle

Mar 27, 2001, 1:52:01 PM3/27/01

"Ridwan Hughes" <i...@dontcare.org> wrote in message

I believe that Mainframe utilise PAL recordings, allowing for greater screen line
density on top of everything else.

Ridwan Hughes

Mar 27, 2001, 2:14:28 PM3/27/01
Brian Doyle <brian...@afdigest.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in article
<99qo0j$vcr$1...@newsg1.svr.pol.co.uk>...

> "Ridwan Hughes" <i...@dontcare.org> wrote in message
> > What framerate is ReBoot created in?
>
> I believe that Mainframe utilise PAL recordings, allowing for greater
screen line
> density on top of everything else.

That confirms the other thing I noticed, no half-lines, if the source was
NTSC then there would be half-lines as well as half-frames.

--
Rid

Ridwan Hughes

Mar 27, 2001, 2:20:31 PM3/27/01
mairi welman <ma...@reboot.com> wrote in article
<3AC0E33A...@reboot.com>...

> Ridwan Hughes wrote:
>
> > What framerate is ReBoot created in?
>
> 25 FPS, but we are a PAL facility. Maybe that explains it. No conversion.

That's neat (especially for us PAL countries :), does that mean the DVD's
are 25fps too? or are they somehow converted to NTSC through way of a 3:2
pulldown technique?

I realise the 3:2 pulldown technique is for 24fps, but I would hazard a
guess that all you'd have to do is slightly alter the audio rate of a 25fps
souce to allow the 3:2 pulldown to work.

--
Rid