Welcome to Korea (parts one and two)

D. Gordon

Dec 18, 2004, 1:31:56 AM12/18/04
It looked in plot a lot like MASH the movie. Was the place BJ and Radar
and Hawkeye drove off from the same set the movie Hawkeye and Capt. Duke
Forrest took off from, Elsig?

Dan

Dec 18, 2004, 4:29:12 AM12/18/04
>. Was the place BJ and Radar
>and Hawkeye drove off from the same set the movie Hawkeye and Capt. Duke
>Forrest took off from, Elsig?

Same "location"----Kimpo Airport.

Doubt it was the same set. Why would they keep the set together?

To film a single scene six years later in an unplanned television version of
the film?

Silly question, StorySight, seriously....

Dan

I find your lack of faith-based rhetoric disturbing...

David Brunt

Dec 18, 2004, 5:25:27 AM12/18/04
"Dan" <high...@aol.comNoSpam> wrote

> >. Was the place BJ and Radar and Hawkeye drove off from
> > the same set the movie Hawkeye and Capt. Duke Forrest
> > took off from, Elsig?
>
> Doubt it was the same set. Why would they keep the set together?

Way back in June Elsig confirmed it was the same location used for
both.

I have a feeling it was also mentioned that it was just the outside of
one of the sound stages on the studio lot.

David

JayZ755

Dec 20, 2004, 11:23:49 AM12/20/04
>>. Was the place BJ and Radar
>>and Hawkeye drove off from the same set the movie Hawkeye and Capt. Duke
>>Forrest took off from, Elsig?
>

>Same "location"----Kimpo Airport.
>
>Doubt it was the same set. Why would they keep the set together?
>
>To film a single scene six years later in an unplanned television version of
>the film?
>
>Silly question, StorySight, seriously....
>

>Dan

Maybe they had no reason to tear it down. Why take down the set if you don't
have to?

Jay

This space intentionally left blank.

Dan

Dec 20, 2004, 1:51:55 PM12/20/04
>Maybe they had no reason to tear it down. Why take down the set if you don't
>have to?

I suppose so...I may have defined set a bit too narrowly. When I think "set" I
am seeing it as a place set up for filming immediatly, with props and all of
that. It's being used more here as "setting".

Elsig

Dec 20, 2004, 2:05:33 PM12/20/04
<< Way back in June Elsig confirmed it was the same location used for
both. >>

It's true in December, as well.

<< l have a feeling it was also mentioned that it was just the outside of one

of the sound stages on the studio lot.

Nope. It was at the ranch.

LG