Cease Fire

Mibbitmaker

Jul 5, 2001, 10:36:24 AM7/5/01
Was this episode planned with the knowlege of the end of US involvement in
Vietnam, or was it a happy coincidence? Either way, Trapper's doubt about
it(reflected currently in the Middle East and N. Ireland situations) ended up
working perfectly with the fact that we were still involved in VN , plus later
Cambodia bombings, until the fall of Siagon in 1975.

Elsig

Jul 5, 2001, 3:17:11 PM7/5/01
>Was this episode planned with the knowlege of the end of US involvement in
>Vietnam, or was it a happy coincidence?

Pure coincidence. The newspaper headlines the day we sat down with the cast to
read the script all said: "Ceasefire."

The title page of our script, printed just a few days earluer, read:
"Ceasefire."

Arliss

Jul 5, 2001, 10:58:48 PM7/5/01
IIRC, all US "combat" involvment ended by Jan 1973. Of coarse economic
and logistical support continued until the south finally fell in April 1975.
So
I am wondering what cease fire this was (there were many).

"Mibbitmaker" <mibbi...@aol.com> wrote in message

Mibbitmaker

Jul 9, 2001, 12:43:09 PM7/9/01
The cease-fire I was refering to was the Jan., 1973 one that "ended" the war
for the US, with the exception of the aforementioned logistics and economic
aid. Plus the Cambodian bombing.