Way too much Kate/Jack/Sawyer this season.

Steven L.

Nov 9, 2006, 12:05:02 AM11/9/06
Lost used to be an ensemble show. But you would never know it from the
way Season 3 has been so far.

So far, Jack/Kate/Sawyer have dominated every episode except "Glass
Ballerina" (and even had important roles there). Whereas in episodes
like tonite's episode, regular characters like Jin, Sun, Hurley, Charlie
and Claire didn't even appear at all.

I liked Lost when the episodes were more balanced, giving each character
at least something to say or do.

--
Steven D. Litvintchouk
Email: sdli...@earthlinkNOSPAM.net

Stick Waver

Nov 9, 2006, 12:22:11 AM11/9/06
Steven L. wrote:

> Lost used to be an ensemble show. But you would never know it from the
> way Season 3 has been so far.
>
> So far, Jack/Kate/Sawyer have dominated every episode except "Glass
> Ballerina" (and even had important roles there). Whereas in episodes
> like tonite's episode, regular characters like Jin, Sun, Hurley, Charlie
> and Claire didn't even appear at all.
>
> I liked Lost when the episodes were more balanced, giving each character
> at least something to say or do.

Me, too. These first 6 eps have been very disappointing compared to S1&2.

alooo

Nov 9, 2006, 1:09:24 AM11/9/06

"Steven L." <sdli...@earthlinkNOSPAM.net> wrote

> Lost used to be an ensemble show. But you would never know it from the
> way Season 3 has been so far.
>
> So far, Jack/Kate/Sawyer have dominated every episode except "Glass
> Ballerina" (and even had important roles there). Whereas in episodes
> like tonite's episode, regular characters like Jin, Sun, Hurley, Charlie
> and Claire didn't even appear at all.
>
> I liked Lost when the episodes were more balanced, giving each character
> at least something to say or do.

I liked more of an ensemble better too but I would guess that the answers to
many of the questions will be found among the Others so that's where the
story needs to focus. None of the Lostie beach scenes this season have
advanced the current story line or taken us in a new direction, with the
exception of Desmond's apparent psychic ability. If there was a logical way
to get Locke, Sayid et al over to the other island, I'd love to see it but
otherwise I'd rather see the show move forward with the Others than putter
around with the Losties.

Davlo

Nov 9, 2006, 9:24:01 AM11/9/06

"Steven L." <sdli...@earthlinkNOSPAM.net> wrote in message

> Lost used to be an ensemble show. But you would never know it from the
> way Season 3 has been so far.
>
> So far, Jack/Kate/Sawyer have dominated every episode except "Glass
> Ballerina" (and even had important roles there). Whereas in episodes like
> tonite's episode, regular characters like Jin, Sun, Hurley, Charlie and
> Claire didn't even appear at all.
>
> I liked Lost when the episodes were more balanced, giving each character
> at least something to say or do.

Wow, Steven - I'm surprised. This is the first time I recall seeing you
level any criticism at the show. I agree with you. I'm just surprised
because I've come to think of you as one of the show's staunchest
apologists.