POLL:The best HL fanfic author on the net

pani...@my-deja.com

Nov 16, 1999, 3:00:00 AM11/16/99
Hi to everyone,

May be it is a little presumptuous coming from me, a mere foreigner and
non-US resident, but I am proposing a discussion:

Who is the best Highlander fanfic writer and what would be the best HL
fanfic story ever written?
I suppose that opinions might and should differ, but as an avid and
experienced fanfic reader who devoted to fanfiction several years of
her earthly life I’d love to hear those opinions.
They said me other day on alt.tv.highlander that fanfic is almost never
discussed. It’s a pity because now when the series are defunct and the
movie is only a mere ghost lingering on the horizon of our dreams (the
place where spoilers reside) we have nothing but fanfic (not counting
one or two tie-in novels).

So… let’s discuss.

PaniAnna

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Helga Abendroth

Nov 17, 1999, 3:00:00 AM11/17/99

Shomeret answered this already at ath, chosing MacGeorge and her story
"Endgame". I agree with her choice regarding MacGeorge; she is the
best Highlander fanfic writer on the net, has the characters best, and
is very thoughtful and close to the characters of the series while her
writing is just great. And Endgame is a classic without doubt, and
gives a way out of the Game, leading to the wounderful sequel,
"Immortal Nations", a co-production of MacGeorge and Maygra de Rhema.
But I still think their co-production "Archangel Redeemed" comes in at
a close second *at least* and I see it as a classic, too. It is the
best variation that was ever written on the darn demon arc, IMHO, and
it *does* make sense (or featuring the demon arc, that is really
saying something!).

Helga
--
MBB, Methosscrolls, Methosian at heart

Loch Ness

Nov 17, 1999, 3:00:00 AM11/17/99
On Wed, 17 Nov 1999 03:25:41 GMT, Alice in Stonyland
<ston...@tampabay.rr.com> wrote:

>The only problem I have with naming one best fanfic author/story
>is that are you speaking of genfic or slash? There are many writers, myself
>included, who write both. Also, I might enjoy a story by a particular writer,
>but not like her other work. I have a list of favorites, but I think the
>label "best" is subjective. I don't claim to have read *every* HL fic ever
>written (as I write this, I'm sure there's a ton of it I'm missing), nor
>do I plan on doing so. (I simply don't have the time.)

Much as I hate to rain on a discussion, I have to agree with this. I'm
not in a position to name any HL authors yet, as I'm relatively new to
this fandom, but I've read a *lot* of fanfic in other universes, and
there's no one of them in which I really could say which author is
"best." I have my favorites, all right, but the work they do is all so
different that I could hardly even compare them to each other. I may
have a favorite for humorous stories, a favorite for slash, a favorite
for drama/angst, etc. But in many cases, to pick just one would be a
lot like comparing Young Frankenstein to Field of Dreams -- both are
brilliant but in different ways, and I like them for different
reasons; they're not even *intended* to be compared to one another or
to accomplish the same kinds of things.

I would, however, be delighted to read some recommendations from
people who are more familiar with the work that's out there.

InverNessie | Daddy needs a new
loch...@texas.net | pair of mainframes!
That deep water only *looks* still. | --Dr. John Ballard, 7 Days

celed...@my-deja.com

Nov 18, 1999, 3:00:00 AM11/18/99
I invite you all to wander through my library of stories on my main
site:

http://members.tripod.com/Celedon/Library.html

All the stories are non slash but are very character orieneted. I've
been told they really invoke what HL is all about and are real kick-@$$
type of stories. Just a warning though, most are multi-chapters; some
will make you cry, others will make you laugh.

I have 2 in progress stories there now: "Full Circle"--this one with
Darius as he was 2000 years ago as he leads his armies along with
Greyson and Methos towards Paris and the Light Q in his past and in the
present is set around the time of "Band of Brothers". The other one is
of Richie as he becomes intrgrated into Duncan and Tessa's lives after
Connor's departureand is called "Redemption and Acceptance".

They do span past and present with lots of action and adventure, love
and death and all the characters "talk" as you are used to hearing them
"talk" if you have heard them in English with the same inflections etc.

Stop by and let me know what you think of them!

pani...@my-deja.com

Nov 19, 1999, 3:00:00 AM11/19/99
Dear Helga

I have to agree that MacGeorge is one of the best fanfic authors on the
nowadays net. I liked "Archangel Redeemed" very much and in my humble
opinion it was much better that real HL episode, not speaking about the
first half of the 6th season.
There are other MacGeorge stories I’d like to think as
outstanding, "Who watches the Watchers" is one of them (I think it was
featured as leading October story in HL Quill Club).
You can call me professional fanfic reader because over the last 3
years I’ve read few thousand different stories and sometimes it happens
to me that I find exceedingly good story nobody knows almost nothing
about. Some authors (both amateurs and professionals) have such a
great potential that it’s a shame nobody notices them.

That’s why I decided to start this discussion. Everybody wants to speak
and be heard, every author craves feedback like manna but nobody wants
to listen. I have to admit I’ve never tried to write fanfiction. I was
contended by the role of the reader. That’s why I couldn’t understand
why is it more interesting to discuss the MacLeod’s hair length or
Methos feet than the products of literary genius of your own
contemporaries. May be these are your future Tolstoys and Dickenses.

But enough of this musings. Like great Japanese poet, Ki-no Tsurayuki
in his diaries I’ll try to mention everybody worth mentioning with a
word of praise or two.

About good HL authors (IMHO, of course).

Cameron Dial. Relatively new to the fandom, but already notorious. Her
last novel, “Season of Changes” I should recommend to everybody who is
interested in the world beyond HL: The Raven.

Sylvia Volk. If some hapless editor might ever ask my opinion which of
the fanfic writers deserves to be published I’d mention the name of
Sylvia Volk. Her stories, historically accurate and adventurously bold
are the better samples of modern fanfic. Like a good wine you should
sample them without haste.

Susanna. She is the star of the Quill Club. The best Caspian story on
the net (“Judge and Jury”) is written by her.

Author that is known by the nickname mln (I don’t know if it’s he or
she, but I have a suspicion that it’s she). The real surprise for me
was her (his) story “The Shareout”.

Highlandlass. She is hilarious! Her Methos stories are still my
favourites. Full of angst but still so sweet.

Alice-in-Stonyland. She lives by principle “Try the impossible”,
crossing “The Raven” and “Due South” and doing a good job of it.

Amanda-r… What can I say? Belittled and humble I stay at her
feet… “Heat goes to cold” is not a fanfic anymore, it’s great poem
about life and death, about love and hatred. If I haven’t read it
myself I couldn’t believe it was possible.

Ladonna King. That’s the slashiest slash of all slash. Try “Still-
Heart” and you won’t be disappointed.

Barb G. Gory and rude and crude, but… oh my god, so good! Try “On a
pale horse” but be warned, it’s not an easy ride!

Xenon. Sometimes stupid, sometimes silly, but my… if you started to
read his “Methos Chronicles” you can’t stop until you reach the end.

Janeen Grohsmeyer. The best cycle of epic novels, and could be
considered almost a cannon. She writes about every character you’ve met
on TV and makes them full of life.

Rebecca MacLaughlin. Never I’ve read a better futuristic novel that
her “Winterborne”. This masterpiece belittles even “Matrix”. (And I
should not forget to mention “Redemption”)

Wombat. There is a good X-File/HL x-over on the net and it is
called “Rapture”. Wombat, where are you? We are waiting for sequel
impatiently!

Sandra MacDonald. Her Wars trilogy was the first HL fanfic I’ve ever
read. And still is one of my favourites. The 3rd part, “Victories” the
one is most challenging stories about Holocaust ever written.

The same goes for Teresa Coffman. “Yom Kippur” is incredibly sad and
unbelievably promising.

Vi Moreau. If there is one thing every reader hates about fanfic it’s
OFC. And can’t be said about Moreau’s Elena Duran. There are not many
fanfic creations I care, she is definitely one of them.

I could continue this list ad infinitum, but I suppose that all of you
are tired of my mumbling. That’s why I should call it the end. I hope I
made a point.

Das ware alles for today.

Your humble Eastern European reader,

PaniAnna

Jette Goldie

Nov 19, 1999, 3:00:00 AM11/19/99

celed...@my-deja.com wrote in message <811tkb$f7j$1...@nnrp1.deja.com>...

>I invite you all to wander through my library of stories on my main
>site:

Heh - well if we are into shameless self-promotion, I'm rather
fond of my own work <g>

http://members.tripod.com/~bosslady/fanfic.html

Most of the stories count as "gen" (ie, not erotica) though
there are a few adult stories, all non-slash. There are also
some humour and some non-Highlander fic.

Jette Goldie

jette....@u.genie.co.uk
HISTORICON 2001 - Setting the Standards for the Next Millennium
http://you.genie.co.uk/jette.goldie/
http://www.onelist.com/subscribe/historicon

Helga Abendroth

Nov 20, 1999, 3:00:00 AM11/20/99
On Fri, 19 Nov 1999 10:05:37 GMT, pani...@my-deja.com wrote:

>About good HL authors (IMHO, of course).
>
>Cameron Dial. Relatively new to the fandom, but already notorious. Her
>last novel, “Season of Changes” I should recommend to everybody who is
>interested in the world beyond HL: The Raven.

Cameron Dial has a new story? I like her (his?) stuff, especially the
Amy stories, because I think them interesting and very amusing gen.
Have to check this one out.

>Sylvia Volk. If some hapless editor might ever ask my opinion which of
>the fanfic writers deserves to be published I’d mention the name of
>Sylvia Volk. Her stories, historically accurate and adventurously bold
>are the better samples of modern fanfic. Like a good wine you should
>sample them without haste.

Agreement, agreement! I*love* Silvias stories, especially "Adamas",
"Gogmagog", "The Fourth Horseman" and, of course, "Tall Tale" and "The
Good Student". Not to forget "The Lost Horzont". Silvia writes a very
good Methos, she has - IMHO - one of the best and deepest
understanding of his many facets and of the fact what it would mean to
be alive so long.

>Highlandlass. She is hilarious! Her Methos stories are still my
>favourites. Full of angst but still so sweet.

Not too sure, but well...

>Alice-in-Stonyland. She lives by principle “Try the impossible”,
>crossing “The Raven” and “Due South” and doing a good job of it.

Of course! Alice manages to go inside the head of the characters in a
most interesting way. And since I loved Due South, at least as long as
the pairing was Frazer and Ray Vecchio, I was quite interested in this
one.

>Ladonna King. That’s the slashiest slash of all slash. Try “Still-
>Heart” and you won’t be disappointed.

No discussion here! I only did not mention Ladonna King because the
question was about *the very best* fanfiction writer, as in the only
one, and that is MacGeorge. But Ladonnas stories are great. I like her
snippets, too. "Hush" is a very intersting little story about how
little Immortals are coming into the world, "Lost And Found" is one of
my very favorite interpretations about TB/NTB and the lternative
universe there, especially Metrhos. "The Art Of War" similarily is a
good interpretation of Methos past and his way to deal with it, IMHO,
too. But "Still Heart" is, without doubt, one of the greatest and very
best, intemse Methos/ Duncan stories I've read lately. Ladonna humbles
me in my poor own fanfiction writing attempts, because when I read her
I am remoinded that, even if some people assured me my English would
not be bad, it is most definitely *not* my native language. My
Goddess, I wish I could write like this!

>Barb G. Gory and rude and crude, but… oh my god, so good! Try “On a
>pale horse” but be warned, it’s not an easy ride!

Don't like her that much. Especially her "Hand" cycle. I don't like
her picture of Methos, he is far too helpless in her view. You think
somebody who survived for 5000 years would be this driven with the
tide? Needing to be rescued left and right? hardly!

>Xenon. Sometimes stupid, sometimes silly, but my… if you started to
>read his “Methos Chronicles” you can’t stop until you reach the end.

Of course! Especially Xanons Dawn Time stories, meaning the Horseman
cycle: The First Horseman, The Dawn Of The Apocalypse, etc. These are,
IMHO, the very best interpretation ever how the Horsemen came into
being, especially since there is no dip into "poor Methos being forced
to join" (a version I can believe or not, but the *being forced* is
not very believable to me, anyway) or any excuses, but a very
believable narration about how a forming band of Immortal warriors
*developed* into being the Horsemen. I loved it. It's part of te
classics of my fanfiction library at home.

As to speak for Methos dawn times and the best Methos stories on the
web, especially the best Methos/ Duncan slash, I *have* to mention
Maygra de Rhema here. What can I say? We all, as we read and attempt
to write sometimes, Duncan/ Methos slash, sit at her feet and worship.

>Janeen Grohsmeyer. The best cycle of epic novels, and could be
>considered almost a cannon. She writes about every character you’ve met
>on TV and makes them full of life.

No, no and no again! I know I should not comment negatively on a
writer on a newsgroup, but I have to say:
(Warning: following serious anti Janeen-rant, dip to the second line
of stars if you don't want to read)

Janeen is *not* Canon, here stories are diverging from Canon big time
time and time again. Her interpretation of Cassandra as a helpless
female adrift and in search of the man to rescue her from Kantos and
the Big Bad Methos in the Hope cycle is worse than the picture the
series painted of Cassandra in Rev when she opened the door of the
hotel room to an unknown Immortal and by this letting the three
Horsemen in *unarmed* like a bloody newbie. In Groshmeyers "Hope"
cycle she spends nearly three Millenia trying to find the man who will
fulfill the Prophecy and rescue her from Kantos, who spends his time
in finding her and torturing her (he has apparently nothing else to
do), and you cal this *Canon*?

Not to mention that Kantos, in Canon, is just under 2000 years old and
was born and learned the Voice long *after* the Horsemen disbanded,
and that there is absolutely *no* indication in the Series that
Cassandra ever met Connor or that, even more important, she ever rose
only one single hand to do anything for Duncan MacLeod after that
little hiding act when he was thirteen. No, sorry, but Janneens
dreamtime stories about Cassandra may be interesting, but they are
*not* Canon in any way. Not to mention that her picture of Methos
being responsible for virtually *everything* bad in the Immortal world
including the invention of the Game and possibly as well bad weather
may be a good description of Cassandra-paranoia, but else is
ridiculous. Sorry for this anti-Groshmeyer-rant, but you hit a sore
spot with me here.

>Rebecca MacLaughlin. Never I’ve read a better futuristic novel that
>her “Winterborne”. This masterpiece belittles even “Matrix”. (And I
>should not forget to mention “Redemption”)

Hmmm. I like "Winterborne". I didn't like (for obvious reasons I have
already mentioned on this group) "Redemtion". And that's about what I
can say to that.

>Wombat. There is a good X-File/HL x-over on the net and it is
>called “Rapture”. Wombat, where are you? We are waiting for sequel
>impatiently!

No question! As for the qualities of a good X-over, especially in
getting not only the characters but as well the *mood* of both crossed
universe, this one is one of the best! And besides, Wombats sarcastic
little comedy stories (The "Mary Sue Drinking Game", "Hit The Delete
Button!", a hilarious compilation of ideas for stories you *don't*
want to read on the web, and "Muldertorture" and the accompinying
piece "Methostorture", are highly recommendet by me, too. Here's a
hint: *don't* drink anything while you read it!

>Sandra MacDonald. Her Wars trilogy was the first HL fanfic I’ve ever
>read. And still is one of my favourites. The 3rd part, “Victories” the
>one is most challenging stories about Holocaust ever written.

Of course. And she is still one of the classic writers. "Epicenter"
and her gathering cycle are worth eading, too, as is her
Archangel-piece "Michaelmas". (Although I normally don't like
"rescue-Richie-from Archangel" stories, this one is really great!).

>The same goes for Teresa Coffman. “Yom Kippur” is incredibly sad and
>unbelievably promising.

No, sorry. I commented to the writer once, and that's about it. Only
that much: the Holocaust is *not*, in any way, to me, comparatible or
should be compared, especially not to the Horsemen. Because this is
not only inaccurate, it is an abuse of this unbelievable horror and
very real crime and inhumanism of a very great lot of people. I won't
comment on that further.

I could go on endlessly, here, but I think I close now.

Das waere wirklich alles fuer heute (this is really just about
everything for today).

Greetings,

celed...@my-deja.com

Nov 20, 1999, 3:00:00 AM11/20/99
In article <814ji4$27j$1...@supernews.com>,

"Jette Goldie" <bosslad...@mydeja.com> wrote:

> Heh - well if we are into shameless self-promotion, I'm rather
> fond of my own work <g>
>
> http://members.tripod.com/~bosslady/fanfic.html
>
> Most of the stories count as "gen" (ie, not erotica) though
> there are a few adult stories, all non-slash. There are also
> some humour and some non-Highlander fic.
Well Jette, I certainly have enjoyed reading your stories and yes, I
guess I can be shameless at times in regards to self promotion but only
to a certain degree *G*!

BTW, sounds like youu had a great time at both cons!

Shomeret

Nov 20, 1999, 3:00:00 AM11/20/99
Re "best" being subjective-- Of course it is completely subjective. For me,
that is what makes such a discussion interesting. There is no uniform answer
that would be true for everyone. My personal favorites are not set in stone.
I am continually altering my top ten lists every time I come across a new story
that speaks to me on a personal level. If I don't include yours, this doesn't
mean that I think you're a bad writer. You may be a very good writer who isn't
dealing with the sorts of themes that grab me.

People have different character preferences. I'll always be willing to give a
story that's primarily about Joe a fair try because he's my favorite character
and there are fewer stories about him than about Methos, who is my second
favorite. I will also read virtually anything about Darius, and I've been
waiting for Celedon to finish her Darius story for ages <hint, hint>.

As we've seen so far in the discussion, Cassandra fans are likely to have very
different opinions than anti-Cassandra fans. I belong to the pro-Cassandra
faction myself. My fave Cassandra stories are "Kaddish" by Teresa Coffman
(gen)
"The Voice of Death" by Janeen Grohsmeyer (adult)
"A Love of Death" by Roxanne Longstreet Conrad (adult)

The last hasn't been mentioned so far, but this is a very fine professional
author. "A Love of Death" is relatively recent, and the plot circumstances are
interesting to say the least.

Janeen Grohsmeyer may not be consistent with canon, but I don't consider that a
crime. Her Cassandra stories may be considered alternate universe. They are
definite downers, but still very compelling.

I am willing to deal with almost anything in fanfic except being bored. So I
prize originality more than anything--especially conceptual originality. I also
have a particular fascination with unusual perspectives on spirituality.

This is why my fave Amanda R story is "No Flesh and Not-A-Man". It is the only
story I've ever seen written from the viewpoint of the slave Charlotte from
Indiscretions. I also love the voodoo aspect.

Other faves that have not been mentioned are:

1)"A Gathering of Angels" by Maygra de Rhema

A Highlander-Touched By An Angel crossover may seem like an unlikely
combination, but I particularly adore the relationship between Methos and the
Angel of Death.

2) "A Friend in Need" by Wilusa

This is an alternate universe Dead on Arrival story that includes an absolutely
fascinating Near Death Experience.

3) "The Truce" and "Resting Place" by Mary Galasso. "The Truce" has the
distinction of being my fave gen Joe story. I love the Joe angst, and the
interesting ambivalence of the villain. "Resting Place" is the most
interesting story I've read about a pre-immie, and that's all I'll say about
it.

4)"Love Never Fails" by Maxine Meyers (Duncan/Methos slash)

Like Beck's fascinating tale, Winterborne, this takes place in a dystopian
future where immortals need to make some very difficult choices in order to
survive. This story may be hard to deal with emotionally. Maxine includes
some warnings. Please pay heed to them and avoid the story if you don't think
you can stomach it.

5) "The Gift" by Devo (Duncan/Methos slash)

This interested me because it involves sex magic. I never thought I'd see this
theme dealt with convincingly in an HL slash context.

6) "An Uncommon Want" by Bone (Duncan/Methos +)

The plus sign represents slash relationships that take place in the pasts of
the characters. They are integral to the story's plot and IMAO convincingly
portrayed. I have always believed that Duncan might have had homosexual
experience in his past. He seems to me like a man of boundless libido who is
likely to express his caring for a friend sexually.

Panianna, where do I find mln's story "The Shareout"?

Shomeret

Alice in Stonyland

Nov 21, 1999, 3:00:00 AM11/21/99
Shomeret wrote:
> 1)"A Gathering of Angels" by Maygra de Rhema
>
> A Highlander-Touched By An Angel crossover may seem like an unlikely
> combination, but I particularly adore the relationship between Methos and the
> Angel of Death.
I do too!!

I have a long, lengthy list of favorites, detailed at:
http://www.crosswinds.net/~stonyland/favhlwr.html, but here's a short
list:
Dana Woods
Amand-r
Jamwired
Gillian Leeds
Canadian Girl (only posts on the MacBeta Forum at:
http://www.InsideTheWeb.com/messageboard/mbs.cgi?acct=mb272654)
Bone (a multi-fandom talent)
Sandra McDonald
Rhiannon Shaw
Kat Parsons
"Just a Game" by Janeen Groshmeyer and Genevieve Clemens
Kellie Matthews

:-)

celed...@my-deja.com

Nov 21, 1999, 3:00:00 AM11/21/99
In article <19991120165011...@ng-cj1.aol.com>,

shom...@aol.com (Shomeret) wrote:
I will also read virtually anything about Darius, and I've been
> waiting for Celedon to finish her Darius story for ages <hint, hint>.

Yes, dear, I hear your hint. *g* There are 25 1/2 chapters there right
now and I will be posting more tonight. I accidently lost my historical
notes and RL turned extremely hectic recently but I see the end of the
story in sight at long last. *sigh*

Thanks for your patience on it and it's good to see you're still
reading my stuff! Hope you're well!

pani...@my-deja.com

Nov 22, 1999, 3:00:00 AM11/22/99
Dear Shomeret,

> Panianna, where do I find mln's story "The Shareout"?
>
> Shomeret

The address for "The Shareout" is
www.7parabians.com/stacks/shareout.html

By the way, it's not the only one Mln's story. The is another
one, "Invincible" on HL Quill Club. It's quite good, solid, professinal
writing.

And question for you:

Where can I find Cassidy's stories you've mentioned?

Panianna

Shomeret

Nov 23, 1999, 3:00:00 AM11/23/99
Panianna, thank you for the info about mln.Check your my deja e-mail account
for info about Cassidy.

Shomeret

pani...@my-deja.com

Nov 23, 1999, 3:00:00 AM11/23/99
In article <818tfv$60c$1...@nnrp1.deja.com>,
> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> Before you buy.

Thank you, Celedon for your beautiful stories!
I began to sample them and like a good wine they need slow and
thoughtful approach. "The full Circle", c'est fantastique!
I've read many Darius vs Methos (or Darius "and" Methos) stories and
yours is one of the best. Only Susanna "Pentateuth" stays close,
although your Methos is an improvement compaired to Susanna's broken
creature. I'll be frank, I like this man alive and kicking and striking
back even if the odds are against him, not whining and complining they-
forced-me-to-do-bad-things Methos like some fanwriters so fashionably
depict him.
Waiting for more,
yours truly

PaniAnna

P.S. To all interested fanwriters -
don't be shy, post URLs to your Webpages. I like to read them all.

celed...@my-deja.com

Nov 23, 1999, 3:00:00 AM11/23/99
In article <81dg1e$cbf$1...@nnrp1.deja.com>,
Thanks! I just finished up chapter 26 a couple of nights ago and will
be adding the next couple of chapters tonight if I can get my kids
settled early enough.

AS for Methos in my stories he is always the wily one who has alternate
plans a, b, and c up his sleeve but not all of work as planned when he
wants them too but he has the ability to compensate and use the changes
and differences to his advantage normally. I'd recommend reading
"Seasons" for a *good* full=blown Methos story and "Lost Hours" if
you're looking for a good cry.

I have several more in the works but unfortunately my time constraints
prevent me from writing more. I think a good story should explore areas
we aren't familar with or things we aren't comfortable with because if
they are not explored, then how are we to understand what the
protaganist is up against? And a longer story like what mine are allows
for greater character developemen which can lead to a better story. And
HL was always about characters and was very character driven so this is
how I write the stories. I try to be faithful to the spirit of just
what HL is/was.

(BTW, the "Life Lessons" book you may have heard about that was given
to Adrian at the London con was something I wrote much of and
conceived! The rest of the compilation was done by both myself and a
freind from others' posts on the Rysher forum)

Aislynn

Nov 23, 1999, 3:00:00 AM11/23/99
shom...@aol.com (Shomeret) wrote:

> Janeen Grohsmeyer may not be
> consistent with canon,
> but I don't consider that a
> crime. Her Cassandra stories
> may be considered alternate universe.
> They are definite downers, but
> still very compelling.

I never said it would be a crime to diverge from
Canon in fanfic; I just wanted to make clear that,
in spite of the attitude of several Cassie fans to see
Janeens stories as Canon for Cassandras history,
they are *not*. Canon that is. As a matter of fact,
I recommended recently a Cassandra story by
Janeen on this group myself - becausethis one
had a refreshingly different point of view,
and therefore I liked it.

I can accept Janeens Cassandra stories as an alternative
universe anytime, but not the claim that they are Canon.

As for Cassandra stories, I like those most where Cassandra
is one, seen as a strong woman who has managed to survive
on her own for 3000 years, and second, where her claim
for revenge against Methos is seen as just that: Revenge,
and a rightful one. Because I think that after 3000 years
the claim to accomplish "justice" is either delusional, or
bigot, or just ridiculous, and the only thing to deal with
the issue is either revenge, reconciliation, or forgiveness.

My favorite Cassandra story in that prospect is still
Tanja Kinkels "Incubus", where Cassandra is every bit
a strong woman. And Tanja manages to do both Methos *and*
Cassie justice in her story; I like it for that even more!

> I am willing to deal with almost anything
> in fanfic except being bored. So I
> prize originality more than anything-
> -especially conceptual originality.
> I also have a particular fascination
> with unusual perspectives on spirituality.
>
> This is why my fave Amanda R story is
>"No Flesh and Not-A-Man". It is the only
> story I've ever seen written from the viewpoint
> of the slave Charlotte from
> Indiscretions. I also love the voodoo aspect.

That is a great one. I think it is hard to write
from Charlottes point of view, since we now nearly
notthing about her and her encounter with Methos is
way to short to make much of it. But I would be
very interested if somebody would write a story
about Modern Prometheus (the episode, not the real
meeting of Byron and his friends that let to the book)
out of Mary Shellys POV. *That* would be one I'd like to
read!

> Other faves that have not been mentioned are:
>

> 4)"Love Never Fails" by Maxine Meyers (Duncan/Methos slash)
>
> Like Beck's fascinating tale, Winterborne,
> this takes place in a dystopian
> future where immortals need to make some
> very difficult choices in order to
> survive. This story may be hard to deal with
> emotionally. Maxine includes
> some warnings. Please pay heed to them and
> avoid the story if you don't think
> you can stomach it.

This is a great one! Thank you for mention it!
I like the particular way Maxine sees the relationship
between duncan and Methos in this one as well as I am
very intersted in the universe she created for it. I only
think she should write a sequel in which we would
lear n more about this future universe, or a prequel that
tells the story how the whole thing ened up there.

I also love the prequel story "Men In Grey Flanell",
that is set about fifty years earlier and deals with
Methos and Duncan living in New York as businessmen.

> 6) "An Uncommon Want" by Bone (Duncan/Methos +)
>
> The plus sign represents slash relationships
> that take place in the pasts of
> the characters. They are integral to the story's
> plot and IMAO convincingly
> portrayed. I have always believed that
> Duncan might have had homosexual
> experience in his past. He seems to me
> like a man of boundless libido who is
> likely to express his caring for a friend sexually.

And besides can this story of Bone stand as one of the
very best Duncan/ Methos slash stories on the web in it's
own rigt, because it has all what is great in this
kind of story: believable character motivation and
action, conflict, it need no great "outside threat"
to make the characters coming together believable,,
and it doesn't play down their very different viepoints and
belief systems. And it has great dialogue! It is
one of my favorites, of course.

Here is another one: Tiffanie's
"A Roof Against The Rain", at first published in
"Futures without End II". This is a sequel to
her story "The Stonecutters", what is a First Time D/M
slash story. "Roof Against The rain" deals with the
morning... er... afternoon after, and is great because
it is anything but sweet pillow talk, but deals
quite realistically with two men who don't know if
the night before has blown their friendship to hell
and are not ready to speak (or even *think*) about
love yet....
For a slash story concentrating on relationship,
this one is really great.

Aislynn/ Helga
--
Daughter of the Crow
running with the wolves

827-KEG

Nov 23, 1999, 3:00:00 AM11/23/99
Could someone point me to the URL where both of
the stories mentioned below by Maxine Meyers might
be found? I thought I'd devoured all the D/M slash
ever written, but I don't believe I've ever seen either
of these. (They sound good!)

Thanks in advance if you can help.
KEG

> > 4)"Love Never Fails" by Maxine Meyers (Duncan/Methos slash)

> > <snip> takes place in a dystopian

> > future where immortals need to make some
> > very difficult choices in order to
> > survive. This story may be hard to deal with
> > emotionally. Maxine includes
> > some warnings. Please pay heed to them and
> > avoid the story if you don't think
> > you can stomach it.
>

> I also love the prequel story "Men In Grey Flanell",
> that is set about fifty years earlier and deals with
> Methos and Duncan living in New York as businessmen.
>

> Aislynn/ Helga

pani...@my-deja.com

Nov 24, 1999, 3:00:00 AM11/24/99
In article <383ba...@bonaparte.pixi.com>,

"827-KEG" <KEG...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> Could someone point me to the URL where both of
> the stories mentioned below by Maxine Meyers might
> be found? I thought I'd devoured all the D/M slash
> ever written, but I don't believe I've ever seen either
> of these. (They sound good!)

Maxine has her own Web page where many beautiful stories could be
found.
The URL is:
http://members.tripod.com/~MaxineMayer/index.htm
Enjoy!

PaniAnna

Gail Pamphilon

Nov 24, 1999, 3:00:00 AM11/24/99
to alt.tv.highla...@list.deja.com
>Who is the best Highlander fanfic writer and what would be the best HL
>fanfic story ever written?

Is Brenda Antrim writing HL? If so, it will be her! Anything she does turns
to gold.

Well...on second thoughts, it would have to be a toss-up between Bren and
Torch, who is also the most magnificient amateur writer ever. I hope Torch
has discovered HL now that I have. Will have to poke around and find out.

Gail
(
)
c[]

Shomeret

Nov 24, 1999, 3:00:00 AM11/24/99
I love this thread. There are now 22 posts in it,
and daily discussion on this ng. Thank you so
much, Panianna, for starting this.

I have one caveat, however. This ng is very public.
Posting the urls for personal websites that contain
slash can endanger them. There have been slash sites
that were pulled by servers because they became too
well known. Please, please put slash URLs in
personal e-mail rather than posting them to the
ng. For all you know a minor or an irate
fundamentalist is reading these posts.

Shomeret

Helga Abendroth

Nov 24, 1999, 3:00:00 AM11/24/99
On Wed, 24 Nov 1999 22:01:15 +1100, Gail Pamphilon
<ga...@melbpc.org.au> wrote:

>>Who is the best Highlander fanfic writer and what would be the best HL
>>fanfic story ever written?
>
>Is Brenda Antrim writing HL? If so, it will be her! Anything she does turns
>to gold.
>
>Well...on second thoughts, it would have to be a toss-up between Bren and
>Torch, who is also the most magnificient amateur writer ever. I hope Torch
>has discovered HL now that I have. Will have to poke around and find out.
>
>Gail
> (
> )
>c[]
>

> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> Before you buy.

Brenda has written a few Highlander slash stories, but I for my part
still prefer MacGeorge. And with her, I love *both* her wonderful
genfic and her (more rare) slash.

Shomeret

Nov 24, 1999, 3:00:00 AM11/24/99
I discovered Brenda Antrim's HL stories early in my search for good HL slash.
I especially like "Lovesong".

Shomeret

LisaG

Nov 24, 1999, 3:00:00 AM11/24/99
Jette Goldie <bosslad...@mydeja.com> wrote:

> Heh - well if we are into shameless self-promotion, I'm rather
> fond of my own work <g>

Well... this isn't *self* promotion, since it's not my story, but it's
definately a shameless plug. :-) I recently got permission to put up a
friend's story which was originally published in a fanzine in 1996, and
has never been seen online. It's called Gentlemen's Rules, by Marg Baskin,
and you can find it at <http://www.best.com/~lisag/hl/>. It's always been
one of my favorite HL stories, and since I just got back into HL (real
life is great for knocking people out of fandom <g>), I figured it was a
good time to make it available. It's set during first season, with Duncan,
Tessa, Richie, and just about everybody from Seacover, including Horton &
Joe.

Lisa

-----------------------------
li...@best.com
http://www.best.com/~lisag/hl

pani...@my-deja.com

Nov 25, 1999, 3:00:00 AM11/25/99
In article <19991124145947...@ng-fa1.aol.com>,

Thank you for warning, Shomeret.
I do care for the authors and for their stories.
These stories doesn't deserve to be pulled off net.
Helas! Our countries are full of hipocrites!
Good slash should be appriciated as well as good gen.
For Cris sake, it is art! The old Greek poet Theocritus wrote many
beautiful songs which could be considered slash nowadays, and so did
Sapho. Do we have do expell their poetry from our libraries for
their "misconduct"? I think that the Victorian way of life impacted us
greatly in the past and still we are Victorian in our hearts.
The end of musing.

A question for you:
What do you think about Tiffany's works? I've discovered her recently
and consider her very good reading. The same can be told about Lilian
Wolf. I think they prefer to "play" in their own, newly constructed
universe which is not canon, but nevertheless is endearingly delicious.

PaniAnna

pani...@my-deja.com

Nov 25, 1999, 3:00:00 AM11/25/99
Dear Alice

Thank you for your link to MacBeta Forum. The stories posted there are
rather beautiful and innovative. Although I should complain that half
of the links do not work properly. I understand that Amanda-r has
neverending problems with "crosswinds". What about others?

Shomeret

Nov 25, 1999, 3:00:00 AM11/25/99
Lillian Wolfe's "Demons at the Gate" (adult)is another favorite of mine. I
love the Methos angst and his relationship with Amanda. I'm not sure what I
think about Lillian's novel, Kindred Spirits until it's completed. It has kept
my interest so far.

I'm not much of a fan of Tiffany, I'm afraid.Again, I would like to point out
that this doesn't mean that she is a bad writer. She just isn't dealing with
the themes that are important to me.

Here's a slightly different question from the "best writer" issue...Previous to
your showing up on this ng, Panianna, I did a post asking about ultimate
character stories without any response, so I never discussed it further.

An ultimate character story would be the story that you felt (subjectively)
showed the character the way you most like to see that character. Do you have
any nominations for ultimate character stories?

Methos poses a special problem when it comes to ultimate character stories.
There are so many fine Methos writers, but he's so complex. Every time I
think I've settled on a good concept of Methos, a new piece of the puzzle snaps
into place and my view of Methos changes. Is this character too much of a
chameleon? It seems to me that my choice of an ultimate Methos story might be
more temporary than my choices for other characters.

Shomeret

pani...@my-deja.com

Nov 26, 1999, 3:00:00 AM11/26/99
In article <19991125142036...@ng-fz1.aol.com>,
> Hi, Shomeret,

I see your point.
I should agree that Methos is much of a chameleon. More, I think that
every one of us has his (her) own Methos and has his (her) own ideas
about what Methos would (wouldn't) do. That's why there are so many
good stories which are unacceptable to me because they do not support
my views or contradict with my "reading" of the character.
There are not so many problems with Richy ('cause Richy is Richy, no
offense to Richy's fans). There are not so many problems with Mac,
although I don't like this overcooked brooding portrayal which
sometimes defies even common sense. But Methos... Oh, Methos...
Each and every episode in the series showed us new and fascinating
faucet of his personality. Let's be honest - some of us wouldn’t be
fans of the show if not for Methos. He is unique.
That's why there are so many contradicting Methos stories on the net. I
think it depends on which one of Methos personalities you choose as
your basic one. Would it be Methos from "Methos" episode? Or from
the "Timeless"? Or from "Comes a Horseman"? They all are very different
Methoses.
As for ultimate Methos story...
Hmm. Opinions differ.
IMHO, it would be Sylvia Volk's "The good student" or "The lost
Horizon". It's essential Methos. The first story is very true to the
show, the second one gives us a look to hidden Methos psyche.
Cameron Dial's "Generations", "Forsworn" and "Seasons of Change". It's
Methos in the process of change, Methos as we would like to see him in
the possible future show, the reluctant hero.
MacGeorge/Maygra's co-production "The ragged edge". It's ultimate
Methos from the universe where slash is possible. It's opposite to all
this feely-touchy stories where you are not able to decide are those
guys really guys or some kind of sword-wielding transvestites.
The next: the Methos I don't like:
Barb's "The Hand" and "The Storm" series. Methos is a survivor. It
doesn't mean that you can abuse him ad infinitum. He is human, don't
forget!
Kat Allison's stories. Although very well written, they portray our
hero as a supernatural being, suparmanipulative and archiconniving, all
in all not believable. Although Methos survival is paramount for Methos
he is able to risk his live even if it brings possible death threat.
(Remember "Methuselah's Gift"?)
Xenon's stories. They are extremely entertaining, but Xenon's Methos is
not Methos at all. Please, Methos is clever and stupid he is not. (I'm
not even mentioning Xenon's Kronos - this full of joy and love creature
who's doing some slicing and hacking for fun).

That's all for today. I would like to hear your opinion very much,
Shomeret.

Alice in Stonyland

Nov 26, 1999, 3:00:00 AM11/26/99
Shomeret wrote:

> I'm not much of a fan of Tiffany, I'm afraid.Again, I would like to point out
> that this doesn't mean that she is a bad writer. She just isn't dealing with
> the themes that are important to me.

Which Tiffany? There are two I'm aware of, and I think people get the
two confused.

Alice in Stonyland

Nov 26, 1999, 3:00:00 AM11/26/99
pani...@my-deja.com wrote:

> Dear Alice
>
> Thank you for your link to MacBeta Forum.
You're welcome!

> rather beautiful and innovative. Although I should complain that half
> of the links do not work properly. I understand that Amanda-r has
> neverending problems with "crosswinds". What about others?

Well, speaking as someone who has her site on the Crosswinds
server...it's finally stable (crossing her fingers.)

Shomeret

Nov 26, 1999, 3:00:00 AM11/26/99
Yes, there are two Tiffanies. One has a surname and the other doesn't. The
surnamed one is Tiffany Baer. I have read both--Tiffany Baer on Seventh
Dimension and Tiffany sans surname at Methos Boxer Brigade. I believe that
Panianna was talking about Tiffany at MBB who posted the new URL for MBB here
recently.

Shomeret

pani...@my-deja.com

Nov 26, 1999, 3:00:00 AM11/26/99
In article <19991126012353...@ng-ba1.aol.com>,
> Yes, that's right.
I am not a fan of Tiffany Baer, her stories have too much of
marysueishness for my taste. Thank you very much, we don't need another
quasiAlexa and Cassandra-gone-nutso. It's old news.
I can't tell I like all of Tiffany's sans surname stories (they are too
gloomy even for Highlander Universe), but they are concocted
professioanlly and we don't have it much on this fandom and I should
thank Tiffany for seeking in the Highlander Universe more
than "HighlanderMethosSwordandFighting".

Interesting information for all fanfic fans (it sounds incredibly
silly, I know).
I've finished to read "The Widow's Mite" by M. H. White. It might eb
considered one of the best amateurish screenplays on the net. Good,
solid plot, great dialoge, true to the show chatactirezation. I'd
recommend it to everyone. It follows the same path as Dial's "The
tonques of Men ..." and "Permutations" (Still my favorite reading).
Those who read both Dial's and White's stories, write me please, what
do you think.

LisaG

Nov 26, 1999, 3:00:00 AM11/26/99
Aislynn <ais...@my-deja.com> wrote:
> I never said it would be a crime to diverge from
> Canon in fanfic; I just wanted to make clear that,
> in spite of the attitude of several Cassie fans to see
> Janeens stories as Canon for Cassandras history,
> they are *not*. Canon that is.

Cassandra stories seem to fall into one of two categories. Either she's a
psychotic bitch driven over the edge by the events of CaH/Rev who takes
her madness out on either Mac or Methos until one of them finally puts her
down like the dog she is, or she's this virgin-priestess-goddess
all-powerful-all-knowing wise-woman. I don't really buy either one, though
I have fewer problems with the former since they're usually chock full of
angst. :-)

I actually don't much care for the character, but if I had to choose, I'd
say my favorite version of Cassandra is in the 'zines Then The Night
Comes, The Lightning's Hand, and Touched by Magic written by Ann Wortham &
Leah Rosenthal. I picked the first two up at MediaWest con and liked 'em
enough to get dragged back into Highlander after 3+ years out (and lordy,
was there alot of fiction written during that time!!).

Lisa

Shomeret

Nov 26, 1999, 3:00:00 AM11/26/99
Glad that you're a fan of Ann Wortham and Leah Rosenthal's novels, Lisa G. I
am too. Have you picked up Ann Wortham's anthology zines? I have a
Duncan/Amanda story in So Speaks The Hero #1, and I have poetry in both issues
of Ann's adult zine, Revelations.

Shomeret

Helga Abendroth

Nov 27, 1999, 3:00:00 AM11/27/99
On Fri, 26 Nov 1999 08:17:50 GMT, pani...@my-deja.com wrote:

>But Methos... Oh, Methos...
>Each and every episode in the series showed us new and fascinating
>faucet of his personality. Let's be honest - some of us wouldn’t be
>fans of the show if not for Methos. He is unique.

What do you expect? He's five thousand years old. Gives you some
time to build up lots of layers of personality.

>That's why there are so many contradicting Methos stories on the net. I
>think it depends on which one of Methos personalities you choose as
>your basic one. Would it be Methos from "Methos" episode? Or from
>the "Timeless"? Or from "Comes a Horseman"? They all are very different
>Methoses.

All of them. The fascinating part is that Methos is *all* this people.
All different facets of his personality. That is why I like Silvia
Volks Methos and Rhiannon Shaws Methos that much. Silvia deals really
well with the consequences of the sheer age of the character. Rhiannon
gives a strong, powerful, protective Methos that has not be seen in
the series, since the series was MacLeods show, but always you could
*suspect* he was there. The warrior-Methos.
As for a portray of the alterntive universe Methos-gone-back-to-Death,
see Ladonna Kings "Lost and Found" - he's there only in passing, but
it is - to me - the most believable portray of what *happened* there
to make him go back. Beware, though, of course Ladonna is writing only
slash.

>As for ultimate Methos story...
>Hmm. Opinions differ.
>IMHO, it would be Sylvia Volk's "The good student" or "The lost
>Horizon". It's essential Methos. The first story is very true to the
>show, the second one gives us a look to hidden Methos psyche.

Add to this Adamas and Reflecting Pole as a good view how Methos
became a Horseman and how the Horseman Methos was.
As for Methos the Horseman and his psyche: the *very best* story on
this I ever have encountered is Lynn Montgomerys "Reflections",
avaiable at Ashton Press (it's a novella-zine) and unbelievable
beautiful. And she doesn't excuse him, but she manage to make you
understand, accept, and even *love* this happy bunch of Monsters
Methos, Kronos and silas were at their time (well, *not* Caspian ;).

>Cameron Dial's "Generations", "Forsworn" and "Seasons of Change". It's
>Methos in the process of change, Methos as we would like to see him in
>the possible future show, the reluctant hero.

I like Cameron Dials Methos very much. Actually, if I had to chose the
fanfiction portray most true to the Methos of the show, I'd had to
chose her: Generations, The Foresworn and tongues Of Men And Angels
give an excellent Methos. Seasons Of Change remain still to be seen as
a whole when it's finished. But I like her portray. It is most than
anything else the methos of "Indiscretions" that shows off here, and I
like him very, very much.

>MacGeorge/Maygra's co-production "The ragged edge". It's ultimate
>Methos from the universe where slash is possible. It's opposite to all
>this feely-touchy stories where you are not able to decide are those
>guys really guys or some kind of sword-wielding transvestites.

Try MacGeorges story "About Change" also, for and odd but probably
true display of the Old Man having enough of MacLeod after NTB...
well, at least for a week or something. I like this portray, too.
Also, as for Maygra and MacGeorge together, there is always "Immortal
Nations" and its yet unfinished sequel.

And then there is Laura's Methos Journals, giving Methos Journal
entries from the first meeting with MacLeod to shortly after The
Modern Prometheus. There is a link to this side at the links side of
Seventh Dimension Archive. These Journal entries and her short story
"The Storm" gives an very true to the series Methos who is, in every
bit, fascinating. Also, this is non-slash and very, very exciting for
the described feelings, though. I love these Journal entries.

>The next: the Methos I don't like:
>Barb's "The Hand" and "The Storm" series. Methos is a survivor. It
>doesn't mean that you can abuse him ad infinitum. He is human, don't
>forget!

And it doesn't mean that he would seek out being abused and would not
fight back, but need MacLeod to be rescued The Methos in the series
is rarely rescued by MacLeod, more often it is the other way round (of
course, Mac would see this differently...). Barb doesn't even write
believable masochism, IMHO. Don't like her.

>Kat Allison's stories. Although very well written, they portray our
>hero as a supernatural being, suparmanipulative and archiconniving, all
>in all not believable. Although Methos survival is paramount for Methos
>he is able to risk his live even if it brings possible death threat.
>(Remember "Methuselah's Gift"?)

And he is unfeeling and uncaring in her stories to an extend that I
wondered if she'd ever even seen deliverance, Methusalahs Gft and
Timeless. Too bad; not my portray of the old man, either.

And I know I will probably annoy you and Shomeret with this, but I
have to add that I don't consider Ann worthams and Leah Rosenthals
portray of Methos in "Then The Night Comes" (and even less in
"Lightnings Hand" very accurate or to the point, either. In fact,
there is more to this character than *just* understanding him through
the reception of Comes A Horseman and Revelations, and their picture
and understanding very much contradicts a lot of other aspects of the
character given by other episodes of te show (The planner and brains
of the Horsemen in so much of a white hot rage every time before a
raid that he could not even think? and needed *Cassandra*, of all
people to calm him down? And suffering from this need to kill and
dominate even now after two thousand years of abstinence and willingly
leaving the Horemen on his own? Oh, of course, I would believe this
any time! And there is lots of indication to thisd in the series...
okay, sarcasm *off*.)

>Xenon's stories. They are extremely entertaining, but Xenon's Methos is
>not Methos at all. Please, Methos is clever and stupid he is not. (I'm
>not even mentioning Xenon's Kronos - this full of joy and love creature
>who's doing some slicing and hacking for fun).

But I do like Xenons dawntime Methos stories about the time how the
Horsemen came into being. Still do.

>That's all for today. I would like to hear your opinion very much,
>Shomeret.

Mee, too

>PaniAnna

Lisa

Nov 30, 1999, 3:00:00 AM11/30/99
Shomeret <shom...@aol.com> wrote:
> Glad that you're a fan of Ann Wortham and Leah Rosenthal's novels, Lisa G.
> I am too. Have you picked up Ann Wortham's anthology zines?

I picked up the adult ones, and was rather disappointed - there were only
a couple of stories I liked in each one. But I do really enjoy their
novel, and can't wait for the 4th one. I was really amazed they managed to
pull off the 3rd -- sticking a comedy in the middle of all this angsty
character stuff seemed like a rather odd move, but I was laughing so hard
I almost keeled over. :-) And 'Elvis' about killed me. :-)

But heck, even the stuff I didn't like was at least edited. The worst HL
zine I ever picked up not only had numerous continuity snafus, but they'd
done a global search and replace so you had Ritchie Ryan, Duncan Macleod,
and Adam Pearson. I was totally cringing by the end of it.

Lisa

Renaissance

Nov 30, 1999, 3:00:00 AM11/30/99
Without naming "The Best," I have to say that anything written by Sandra
McDonald is exceptional.....especially, IMHO, "Obligations," a wonderful story
that fills in the gaps between "The Darkness" and "Eye For An Eye." Also
Sandra's WWII trilogy with Methos and Connor is brilliant!! Some otheres right
there at the top of my list are Janeen Groshmeyer; Tanja Kinkle; Vi Moreau;
Jeanne Rose; and the sorely missed Monica Jordan.

".........live, grow stronger, fight another day"

Renaissance/Karen

\|||
[[[[[[[[[[{}::::::therecanbeonlyone::::::>>>
/|||

____________________
renm...@aol.com

LadyRebecca

Dec 4, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/4/99
I _love_ Obligations! It's one of the first fanfics I ever read and it's
still in my top 5. Although I loved the DITW scene, I was sorely put out on
how Tessa's death was handled. This finally gave me some closure - if that
makes sense. As a matter of fact, I think it's time to go re-read it.
Thanks for reminding me.

LadyReb <misses Tessa>

Renaissance wrote in message
<19991130021714...@ng-cr1.aol.com>...

Janie Khodor

Dec 7, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/7/99
> Brenda has written a few Highlander slash stories, but I for my part
> still prefer MacGeorge. And with her, I love *both* her wonderful
> genfic and her (more rare) slash.

I have to agree...I love MacGeorge, really the whole gang at the Highlander
Quill Club. Not only are their stories great, but their webpage is downright
awesome and the images are pure art.

Luv, Janie (who is new.)

Shomeret

Dec 9, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/9/99
Re only a couple of stories you liked in each issue of Revelations-- Hmmm..What
do you consider an acceptable ratio of good stories in a fanzine? I'm usually
very satisfied with a zine if there's even one story in it that was memorable
enough for me to consider it good. I'd also consider a zine worth saving in my
collection regardless of the fic if the artwork is very high quality.

Shomeret