Liigu esimese lugemata sõnumi juurde

Steve Jeremiah Williams-Soria (Jeremy Soria)

lugemata,
8. juuni 2000, 03:00:0008.06.00
kuni
WHO WANTS TO BE A MILLIONAIRE?
Wednesday, June 7, 2000

PREVIOUSLY ON MILLIONAIRE:

With some great deduction, Steve Best picks up $64,000. Next, John Adduci
picks up a nice $125,000 by zigging at the right time.

Time for the Navy to do their part and get in the hot seat with Mike Keating.
So, can the Navy guy become our next one on...

WHO WANTS TO BE A MILLIONAIRE?

Our navy commander, Mike Keating, has done a lot of traveling. Maybe it will
help him in his world G questions that may come up. Let's hope...

Rundown: Mike is at $2000.
He is 9 away from the Million.
He will take home at least $1000 - 4 more right locks in $32,000.
Two LifeLines remain: PAF and 50/50.

For $4000:
What letters appear on the heart-shaped tags of Beanie Babies that ensure
their authenticity?
B - TY.

For $8000:
What is the technical term for clouds that are large, white, and puffy?
A - Cumulus.

For $16,000:
What product did Congress halt advertising on radio and TV as of January 1971?
A. Hard liquor B. Handguns C. Cigarettes D. The Pill

He's not sure... but he'll knock out two wrong answers...

A. Hard liquor C. Cigarettes

He chooses A and zigs when he should have zagged. C is correct, of course.
He still has $1000.

FASTEST FINGER FIRST: Films, release, EARLIEST first.
A. Air Force One B. 9 1/2 Weeks C. Three Kings D. Five Easy Pieces

Correct answer: D-B-A-C
Six of ten right, and the winner is:
Lisa Feldmeier, 5.62 seconds!

Lisa is from Milwaukee. Lisa has two children! Her sister's here with her. She
is a Special Ed teacher in Wisconsin.

For $100: If you've gone from a bad situation to a worse one, you're "out of
the frying pan and into the" what?
A - Fire.

For $200: "OK" is the postal abbreviation for which US state?
C - Oklahoma.

For $300: Which of the following does the insect the mantis appear to be
doing?
B - Praying.

For $500: What shape is a standard US "Yield" road sign?
C - Triangle.

For $1000: What animal is Flipper in the movies and TV?
D - Dolphin. The thousand is hers to keep!

For $2000: Which of the following is a local anesthetic?
D - Novocain.

For $4000: What kind of dessert is spumoni?
A - Ice cream. Took her a while to get a "yes" from the "Final answer" cue.

For $8000: Which metal is liquid at room temperature?
C - Mercury.

For $16,000: On the TV's The Simpsons, Bart is in what grade at school?
A. Kindergarten B. 2nd C. 4th D. 7th
Let's ATA: 5-18-65-12
We go with the audience, and they're right for $16,000.

For $32,000:
Which of these singers published a best-selling book of poetry in 1998?
A. Britney Spears B. Jewel C. Tracy Chapman D. Madonna

She thinks she knows. She thinks it's B.

That's her final answer...

And it is worth THIRTY-TWO THOUSAND DOLLARS!

For $64,000:
What law requires that federally funded educational programs and activities be
offered equally to both men and women?
A. Amendment 26 B. Taft-Hartley Act
C. Section 8 D. Title IX

Does her Phone-a-Friend, her Dad John, know?
He thinks it's D. The best he can come up with. Can it be?

He goes with his dad.

Final answer... is the ...

RIGHT answer!

For $125,000:
In 1960, what artist painted a self-portrait showing him at an easel, looking
in a mirror, and drawing himself?
A. Pablo Picasso B. Norman Rockwell
C. Roy Lichtenstein D. Jasper Johns

We're going 50/50:

A. Pablo Picasso B. Norman Rockwell

Can she come up with a guess?

Will she guess?

She will guess A.

Is that her final answer?

Yes it is.

Reege suggested that she walk away at that moment - and she should have. The
answer is B. She still has $32,000.

FFF: North American rivers in geographical order from NORTH to SOUTH.
A. Rio Grande B. Platte C. Yukon D. St. Lawrence

Correct answer: C-D-B-A
7 of 9 right - the winner:
Tom O'Brien, 5.36 seconds!

Tom O'Brien lives in downtown Chicago. He is a PR manager for an ad agency.
His pal Michael is here with him, and they're roommates.

For $100:
If you're skeptical about something, you should "take it with a grain of"
what?
C - Salt.

For $200: According to a children's story, what bird delivers babies?
B - Stork.

For $300:
The curved tube breathing device used by suface swimmers is called what?
A - Snorkel.

For $500: What does "KO" mean in boxing?
D - Knockout.

For $1000: If it is 12 noon in New York City, what time is it in Salt Lake
City, Utah?
B - 10 AM. The $1000 is safe.

For $2000: What is the name of the guitar part that connects the head of the
guitar to its body?
D - Neck.

For $4000: Which type of furniture is also the name of a historical empire?
A - Ottoman.

Tom collects board games. He likes foreign versions of games. Lots of 'em.

For $8000: On what part of the body would you traditionally wear an epaulet?
C - Shoulder.

For $16,000:
Talk show host Sally Jessy Raphael is known for wearing what color glasses?
C - Red.

For $32,000:
What instrument is musician Yo-Yo Ma famous for playing?
(Anyone who watched Chance of a Lifetime last night should know this.)
After ATA, we choose A - Cello (66) - and he has THIRTY-TWO THOUSAND DOLLARS!

For $64,000:
Of these listed, which is currently the YOUNGEST US Supreme Court justice?
A. Stephen Breyer B. Ruth Bader Ginsburg
C. David Souter D. Clarence Thomas

Looks like Lawyer Dave is the perfect Phone-a-Friend!
Dave gives him a good guess, D.

D - Clarence Thomas is his final answer...

... and it's the RIGHT ANSWER!

For $125,000: Of these mammals, which can hear the highest sound frequencies?
A. Dogs B. Bats C. Cats D. Humans

Let's go with B - Bats, a total guess.

Well, that's his final answer...

And it looks like...

... he won't be in the doghouse yet - HE HAS ONE HUNDRED TWENTY-FIVE THOUSAND
DOLLARS!!!

We're looking at a 13 Clubber if he gets the next question right.

For $250,000:
The Gadsden Purchase of 1853 included land that became part of which two
states?
Immediately he says Arizona and New Mexico and HE'S IN THE 13 CLUB!

For $500,000: Completed in 1995, what European landmark did the artist Christo
wrap in fabric?
A. Big Ben B. The Louvre C. The Reichstag D. La Scala

The 50/50 leaves: B. The Louvre C. The Reichstag

He takes an educated guess on C.

That is his Final Answer.

And...

We're either going to have a new contestant tomorrow, or at the top of the
show, we will look at a Million Dollar Question.

So, with $218,000 on the line, and the answer C...

... he now has ...

FIVE HUNDRED THOUSAND DOLLARS!!!

**AH-WHOOOOO!!!!***

Tom is on the brink of becoming US Millionaire #4. Will he do it? Tune in
Sunday!

If you'd like to see Who Wants To Be a Millionaire? in person, and you're
going to be in the New York City area, call this number... 212/735-5369.

If you want some practice being on the show, play online at abc.go.com, or
play the computer game, or get the quiz book! And now, you can play the board
game, too!

WHO WANTS TO BE A MILLIONAIRE? was created by David Briggs with Michael
Whitehill and Steve Knight for Celador Productions, and is produced in the
United States by Valleycrest Productions for Buena Vista Television.

MILLIONAIRE?: Copyright 2000
Valleycrest Productions and Buena Vista Television.
This Update is Copyright 2000 Jeremy Soria.
All Rights Reserved.

All game material contained herein remains the property of Valleycrest and
BVTV. Opinions expressed in this update are solely those of the compiler.

From Virginia Beach - Good night everybody!

- Jeremy Observe the Day of Compassion - Friday June 16

--
jesoria75 (at) | "You treat me like a dog and you expect me to | AUSTIN
mindspring (dot) com | smile? You remind me of a JACKASS~!" - SCSA | 3:16

Andre, Kerry, Eddie, Flyin' Brian, Gorilla Monsoon, Owen Hart ... Sigh ...

Michael Wolverton

lugemata,
8. juuni 2000, 03:00:0008.06.00
kuni
I thought the 500K winner got a reasonably easy stack. I didn't know
what an epaulet is -- even though I've worn them -- but presumably the
audience would've gotten that one. Thomas was my guess for youngest
Supreme Court Justice, but I didn't know for sure and probably would
have phoned a friend as he did. The question about which animal hears
the highest frequencies seemed awfully easy for 125K; the only concern
there was that it might be a trick question, since it was at such a
high level. The Christo question may not have been easy. I happened
to have traveled through Berlin at the time the Reichstag was wrapped,
but I don't know whether that stunt (excuse me -- "art") received much
attention in the U.S.

Since ABC revealed that there was going to be a $500K winner ahead of
time, it created a strange new kind of interest in watching the show.
I assumed that the 500K winner would have to be the first hot seat
contestant, thinking there wouldn't be time otherwise. So with the
first contestant, instead of there being tension over whether she
would know the answers, for me the tension was "How in the *world* is
this woman going to reach 500K?" She didn't seem to be
super-knowledgeable -- expressing uncertainty about seemingly easy
questions -- and she burned up her lifelines fairly early. When she
had to use a lifeline on the Title IX question, my wife and I turned
to each other and said "No *way* she's making it to half a million."

Not that that twisted way of watching the show justifies ABC's
spoilers. I wish they would cut it out.

-Michael

The 500K winner's stack (with one question still to come):

In article <393f02e...@news.mindspring.com>,

Michael Wolverton "Is that clear?"
m...@cs.stanford.edu "No, but it's consistent!"

0 uut sõnumit