JS Millionaire Bowl I

Steve Jeremiah Williams-Soria (Jeremy Soria)

Jan 30, 2000, 3:00:00 AM1/30/00
MILLIONAIRE BOWL I: WHO WANTS TO BE A MILLIONAIRE?
Saturday, January 29, 2000

For all you folks outside North America, this weekend is perhaps the biggest
pro sports event of them all. It's Superbowl weekend, the "holiest of holidays
for all men everywhere," according to The Man Show.

ABC has the rights to air this year's Superbowl, so they've been having some
great Superbowl-related programming and promos. The highlight for this night
is a special Millionaire, where ten contestants will battle it out to see
whose got the fastest fingers in the East. The winner of that showdown will
hop in the hot seat to see if they can answer this question ...

WHO WANTS TO BE A MILLIONAIRE?

So who's got the Fastest Fingers First? We'll see:

Place these NFL running backs acording to their birthdate, EARLIEST first:
A. Emmitt Smith B. Ricky Williams C. Tony Dorsett D. Larry Csonka

Correct answer: D-C-A-B
Winner: Charles Anderson, 4.26 seconds
... edging out his closest opponent by TWO HUNDREDTHS of a second!

Charles and wife work together at a grocery store.

For $100:
What name has been given to NFL players who practice but don't suit up for the
games?
Taxi squad for $100.

For $200:
In an NFL game, how many time outs do each team get at the start of each half?
Three for $200?

For $300:
According to NFL folklore, in what stadium would you find the "frozen tundra"?
Lambeau Field, Packers territory, for $300.

For $500:
What is the brand name of all official NFL footballs?
Wilson for $500.

For $1000:
Who holds the NFL record for the longest run from the line of scrimmage?
Tony Dorsett for a guaranteed $1000.

Check out Road Runner/Wile E. Coyote: The Big Game XXVIII on Cartoon Network!

Charles is from Dalton, Ohio, and manages the late shift at the grocery store.
He's also got a little girl at home, and he spends lots of time with her,
baking cookies with her in her Easy Bake Oven. :)

For $2000:
For which of the following did former coach Jerry Glanville regularly leave
home-game tickets at the gate?
It was Elvis Presley, and he has $2000. Elvis never showed up!

For $4000:
What NFL team won its division title in both the '98 and '99 seasons?
He looks like he's guessing Jacksonville... and he's right for $4000.

For $8000:
Dallas Cowboy Ed "Too Tall" jones took a year off from football to pursue what
other sport?
His brother-in-law, a BIG Dallas Cowboy fan, told him time and again that Ed
Jones was a boxer for one year, and that wins $8000.

For $16,000:
What team originally drafted Bo Jackson in 1986?
He remembers this - Tampa Bay Buccaneers.
He's got it! $16,000! (He chose to play baseball that season, though)

For $32,000:
Which of the following did Kellen Winslow NOT accomplish during a 1982 playoff
game against Miami?

A. Block a field goal
B. Score a touchdown
C. Gain more than 200 yards receiving
D. Catch over 10 passes

The 50/50 leaves:

B. Score a touchdown
C. Gain more than 200 yards receiving

Looks like we're going to call his brother-in-law. He gives him a 75%
assurance that it's C.

Will he put his trust in him?

No - he's going against him - score a touchdown (B).

He doesn't know if he wants to lock it in for his final answer... but we'll go
with his brother-in-law...

Yes, we'll lock in C for his Final Answer...

And....

It looks like...

His Cowboy-lovin' brother-in-law...

... has given him ....

The

RIGHT answer! He's got THIRTY-TWO THOUSAND DOLLARS!

For $64,000:
Whwich of the following players was NOT part of the 49ers "three-quarterback
shuffle" in 1961?
A. Steve Spurrier B. Bob Waters C. John Brodie D. Billy Kilmer

ATA will probably not help him on this one, considering he's only 29. In fact,
it might not help him much from this point onward.

He'll go with Steve Spurrier...

... and...

Well...

IT'S GOOD! SIXTY-FOUR THOUSAND DOLLARS!

For $125,000:
What NFL player holds the record for most receiving yards gained in a single
game?
A. Randy Moss B. Jerry Rice C. Flipper Anderson D. Stephone Paige

ATA (good luck) - 11-53-35-1 - worth a shot, I guess?

Well... Hmmmm...

The poor guy is sweating here.... will he try it?

Well...

Looks like he'll take the money?

Well...

Yeah. He'll take the money.

Was the Audience right?

No.

What was his guess? C.

YES!

But he does have $64,000.

Well, it's time to find out whose got the FASTEST FINGERS FIRST:
Put these NFL teams in order of number of Super Bowl appearances, MOST first:

A. Washington Redskins
B. Kansas City Chiefs
C. Dallas Cowboys
D. New Orleans Saints

Correct answer: C-A-B-D (7-5-2-0)
Everyone got it right, but who was the fastest?
Don Rohan, 4.06 seconds!

Don, from Leonia, NJ, and fiancee are both lawyers. They're getting married
soon!

For $100:
When a quarterback drops back into the area between his tackes, he is said to
be in what?
Pocket for $100.

For $200:
Currently, what coler is the penalty flag carried by all NFL officials?
Gold for $200.

For $300:
What is the oldest stadium currently being used for an NFL team's home games?
Soldier Field for $300, since 1924.

For $500:
Who caught Joe Montana's 1982 playoff-winning touchdown pass known as "the
Catch"?
Dwight Clark for $500.

For $1000:
Before John Elway, what most recent AFC starting quarterback won a Super Bowl?
Jim Plunkett is good to lock in $1000.

For $2000:
Which of the following was not an announcer on the first ABC Monday Night
Football game?
A. Keith Jackson B. Frank Gifford C. Howard Cosell D. Don Meredith

The 50/50 leaves:
A. Keith Jackson B. Frank Gifford

He goes with Frank Gifford...

... and he wins $2000.

For $4000:
What legendary quarterback was NOT born in western Pennsylavnia?
Bart Starr, from Alabama, gets him $4000.

For $8000:
What Chicago Bear proclaimed "I'm no dumb cookie!" during the "Super Bowl
Shuffle"?
William Perry, the Fridge, wins $8000!

For $16,000:
What player lost his helmet before Super Bowl XXCVI, causing him to miss the
game's first two plays?
H remembers it was Thurman Thomas... and he wins $16,000.

To lock in $32,000:
Who is the only member of a LOSING Super Bowl team to be voted the game's MVP?
He remembers Chuck Howley, from the Dallas Cowboys...

AND HE HAS THIRTY-TWO THOUSAND DOLLARS!

You just have to tune into Cartoon Network tonight, gang. Especially the stuff
that comes in between the cartoons and real commercials!

For $64,000:
After more than 22 minutes in overtime, whose field goal ended the longest
game in NFL history?
He remembers the Dolphins' Gary Yepremian and wins SIXTY-FOUR THOUSAND
DOLLARS!

For $125,000:
What team won the first Super Bowl in which instant replay was eligible to be
used by the officials?
He will go with the New York Giants...

... and ...

He now has ...

ONE HUNDRED TWENTY-FIVE THOUSAND DOLLARS!

For $250,000:
Which of these colleges sent the most players, playing in at least one game in
the '99 season, to the NFL?
A. Michigan B. Florida State C. Miami (FL) D. Texas A&M

ATA and we get 12-64-12-12, favoring Florida State.
And he's going to Phone His Friend. He guesses Florida State.

Can a whole audience and an attorney be wrong?

Well, he's just unsure - he will take the money.

He should have gone for it - it was Florida State - but he has $125,000!

One more FASTEST FINGER FIRST:
Place these players in order they ewere inducted into the Pro Football Hall of
Fame, EARLIEST first.
A. YA Tittle B. Joe Greene C. Mike Singletary D. Dick Butkus

Correct answer: A-D-B-C
Winner/Time: Steven Plotnick, 5.13 seconds!

Steven Plotnick is from Charlotte, he's single, and he loves Football.

For $100:
What's the name of the 12-minute intermission during the 3nd/3rd quarters of a
football game?
Halftime for $100.

For $200:
What is it called when the quarterback calls a play change the line of
scrimmage?
Audible for $200.

For $300:
During the '60s/'70s what team's defensive line was known as the Purple People
Eaters?
Minnesota Vikings for $300.

for $500:
What kicker, sharing the NFL record for longest field goal, was born with half
his kicking foot?
Tom Dempsey for $500.

For $1000:
What team played three consecutive Super Bowls in the '70s?
Miami Dolphins wins $1000.

For $2000:
If a coach makes an instant replay challenge to an official's call and is
wrong, what does the coach lose?
A time-out for $2000.

For $4000:
Which of these athletes has NOT played in the NFL and the old USFL?
Jerry Rice for $4000.

For $8000:
Which of these sports announcers is NOT in the Pro Football Hall of Fame?
A. Frank Gifford B. Dan Dierdorf C. John Madden D. Terry Bradshaw

The 50/50 leaves: B. Dan Dierdorf C. John Madden
Phone-a-Friend Tim says John Madden.

He'll go with John Madden...

... and he's got it! $8000.

For $16,000:
What NFL franchise retired #12 as a tribute to their fans, the "12th fan"?
He remembers it was the Seattle Seahawks for $16,000!

For $32,000:
What player holds the record for most NFL games rushing over 200 yards?
A. Jim Brown B. Earl Campbell C. Barry Sanders D. OJ Simpson

ATA: 40-10-30-20

He's going to take the money.

The correct answer is...

OJ Simpson.

We got Charles Anderson with $64,000, Don Rohan with $125,000, and Steven
Plotnick with $16,000. It's been a great night for football trivia - it'll be
a greater night for football tomorrow night as the Tennessee Titans and St.
Louis Rams meet in Super Bowl XXXIV. Coverage begins way early at 2pm Eastern
Time on ABC.

And a plug for our local paper - Norfolk's Virginian-Pilot has its columnist
Larry Bonko take on the appeal behind Millionaire and the other big game shows
airing on TV. Nothing Hits Home Like the Pilot : www.pilotonline.com

If you'd like to see Who Wants To Be a Millionaire? in person, and you're
going to be in the New York City area, call this number... 212/735-5369.

Would you like to try for the million? Then call 1-800-433-8321 ... and try
your luck! You get one shot at it, so make it count! Full rules are at
abc.go.com.

If you want some practice being on the show, play online at abc.go.com, or
play the computer game, or get the quiz book!

WHO WANTS TO BE A MILLIONAIRE? was created by David Briggs with Michael
Whitehill and Steve Knight for Celador Productions, and is produced in the
United States by Valleycrest Productions for Buena Vista Television.
MILLIONAIRE?: Copyright 2000
Valleycrest Productions and Buena Vista Television.
This Update is Copyright 2000 Jeremy Soria.
All Rights Reserved.

All game material contained herein remains the property of Valleycrest and
BVTV. Opinions expressed in this update are solely those of the compiler.

From Virginia Beach - Good night everybody!

- Jeremy "Leave the light on. I'm coming home." - Mankind

--
jesoria75 (at) | "You treat me like a dog and you expect me | AUSTIN
mindspring (dot) com | to smile? You remind me of a JACKASS~!" - SCSA | 3:16

Andre, Kerry, Eddie, Flyin' Brian, Gorilla Monsoon, Owen Hart ... Sigh ...

Dolfan500

Jan 30, 2000, 3:00:00 AM1/30/00

>Correct answer: C-A-B-D (7-5-2-0)
>Everyone got it right, but who was the fastest?

Is this the first time where all FF players got it right?

Guy

SHeavenFan

Jan 30, 2000, 3:00:00 AM1/30/00
Since they had an football one will they have an baseball one and an basketball
one?

While we are on the subj of Game shows that related to sports have they eevr
had an football or baseball show on WOF? I don't remember any but I could be
wrong

Gene Platt

Jan 30, 2000, 3:00:00 AM1/30/00
<cranky sarcasm>

Well, they had an NFL Player's Week last week, but that was so long
ago, I can understand if you forgot

</cs>

SHeavenFan <sheav...@aol.comNOSpam5> wrote in message

Reuben Kincaid

Jan 30, 2000, 3:00:00 AM1/30/00
On Sun, 30 Jan 2000 02:14:40 GMT,
jesoria75RE...@mindspring.com (Steve Jeremiah Williams-Soria
(Jeremy Soria)) wrote:

>For $8000:
>Which of these sports announcers is NOT in the Pro Football Hall of Fame?
>A. Frank Gifford B. Dan Dierdorf C. John Madden D. Terry Bradshaw
>
>The 50/50 leaves: B. Dan Dierdorf C. John Madden
>Phone-a-Friend Tim says John Madden.
>
>He'll go with John Madden...
>
>... and he's got it! $8000.

Was I the only who heard Tim furiously flipping through a football
almanac? I'm sure people "cheat" all the time but his 20 seconds with
no response and then such a firm answer made it obvious.

Mr. Kincaid

Tritle5458

Jan 30, 2000, 3:00:00 AM1/30/00
>Was I the only who heard Tim furiously flipping through a football
>almanac? I'm sure people "cheat" all the time but his 20 seconds with
>no response and then such a firm answer made it obvious.

I heard it too..but the producers have said it wasn't against the rules if
"friends" did this. If they didn't want them to do this, they would have
mentioned it in the rules. So, in reality, it wasn't cheating.

Besides, the friend didn't interpret very well either...I got the feeling that
the friend was going to say that John Madden wasn't in the Hall of Fame as an
announcer (as opposed to as a coach). I think the guy in the chair thought
similarly.

Ben

Steve Jeremiah Williams-Soria (Jeremy Soria)

Jan 30, 2000, 3:00:00 AM1/30/00
So, Reuben Kincaid.... is that your final answer?

>On Sun, 30 Jan 2000 02:14:40 GMT,
>jesoria75RE...@mindspring.com (Steve Jeremiah Williams-Soria
>(Jeremy Soria)) wrote:
>

>>For $8000:
>>Which of these sports announcers is NOT in the Pro Football Hall of Fame?
>>A. Frank Gifford B. Dan Dierdorf C. John Madden D. Terry Bradshaw
>>
>>The 50/50 leaves: B. Dan Dierdorf C. John Madden
>>Phone-a-Friend Tim says John Madden.
>>
>>He'll go with John Madden...
>>
>>... and he's got it! $8000.
>

>Was I the only who heard Tim furiously flipping through a football
>almanac? I'm sure people "cheat" all the time but his 20 seconds with
>no response and then such a firm answer made it obvious.

I heard the Phone-a-Friend flip-flip-flip through some kind of book. Is it
possible that his $16,000 prize might be voided?

Chuck Rayburn

Jan 30, 2000, 3:00:00 AM1/30/00
This was a very unique idea, and I think they should keep these "theme
shows" up...how about a pre-Oscar show w/all movie-related questions, or a
pre-Emmy show w/all TV-related questions?

Chuck Donegan (The Illustrious "Chuckie Baby")

BudMann9

Jan 30, 2000, 3:00:00 AM1/30/00
... they ARE doing an Oscars all-movie show, right ?

... and, in this thread's original post...

super bowl XXCVI ?

huh? please tell me that's a typo, and the show didn't claim there's been an
XXCVI, an impossible roman numeral.

MSTieScott

Jan 30, 2000, 3:00:00 AM1/30/00
> They could always do a horse racing show the night before the Kentucky
> Derby, or a hockey show during the Stanley Cup Finals (although it depends
> on how popular they think hockey questions would be), or a golf show if
> they still have the rights to any majors (or even if they don't, they can
> hold out until next year's Skins Game).

Or a game show-themed episode right before a season premiere of WWTBAM
after a hiatus.

Wait... I've missed the point, haven't I?

--
Scott Robinson
http://www.geocities.com/Hollywood/Set/9859/

Jason Wuthrich

Jan 30, 2000, 3:00:00 AM1/30/00
<jesoria75RE...@mindspring.com> wrote in message

> MILLIONAIRE BOWL I: WHO WANTS TO BE A MILLIONAIRE?
> Saturday, January 29, 2000

Rams-Titans tomorrow night! Right now, meet the New York Greenbacks! :-)
<Hank>Are you ready for some FOOTBALL?</Hank>...sorry, wrong show.

> WHO WANTS TO BE A MILLIONAIRE?

Welcome to Millionaire Bowl I!

> So who's got the Fastest Fingers First? We'll see:
>
> Place these NFL running backs acording to their birthdate, EARLIEST first:
> A. Emmitt Smith B. Ricky Williams C. Tony Dorsett D. Larry Csonka
>
> Correct answer: D-C-A-B
> Winner: Charles Anderson, 4.26 seconds
> ... edging out his closest opponent by TWO HUNDREDTHS of a second!

That, I think, is the closest margin in the American series to date! BTW, I
finally got it right, but like the 49ers secondary, I was eating dust.

> For $100:
> What name has been given to NFL players who practice but don't suit up for
the
> games?
> Taxi squad for $100.

I expected practice squad to be there. I would have needed a Lifeline here.

> For $300:
> According to NFL folklore, in what stadium would you find the "frozen
tundra"?
> Lambeau Field, Packers territory, for $300.

John Facenda, the late great voice of NFL Films, coined that phrase.

> For $1000:
> Who holds the NFL record for the longest run from the line of scrimmage?
> Tony Dorsett for a guaranteed $1000.

Tony's son Anthony plays for the Titans.

> Charles is from Dalton, Ohio, and manages the late shift at the grocery
store.
> He's also got a little girl at home, and he spends lots of time with her,
> baking cookies with her in her Easy Bake Oven. :)

He's a macho man. :-D

> For $2000:
> For which of the following did former coach Jerry Glanville regularly
leave
> home-game tickets at the gate?
> It was Elvis Presley, and he has $2000. Elvis never showed up!

I remember back when Jerry was coaching...
<flashback>Jerry: This is the NFL, which means Not For Long if you keep
making those [whistle] calls!</flashback>

> For $4000:
> What NFL team won its division title in both the '98 and '99 seasons?
> He looks like he's guessing Jacksonville... and he's right for $4000.

Only 1998 division titlist to repeat.

> For $16,000:
> What team originally drafted Bo Jackson in 1986?
> He remembers this - Tampa Bay Buccaneers.
> He's got it! $16,000! (He chose to play baseball that season, though)

Can't blame him. Back then, who in their right mind for play for the Bucs?

That is the end of the first quarter.

> For $64,000:
> Whwich of the following players was NOT part of the 49ers
"three-quarterback
> shuffle" in 1961?
> A. Steve Spurrier B. Bob Waters C. John Brodie D. Billy Kilmer

Time for a guess.

> He'll go with Steve Spurrier...

> IT'S GOOD! SIXTY-FOUR THOUSAND DOLLARS!

Good guess.

> For $125,000:
> What NFL player holds the record for most receiving yards gained in a
single
> game?
> A. Randy Moss B. Jerry Rice C. Flipper Anderson D. Stephone Paige
>
> ATA (good luck) - 11-53-35-1 - worth a shot, I guess?

He would have picked C. He would have been right. Since this is the
football show, give the audience an asterisk.

> Well, it's time to find out whose got the FASTEST FINGERS FIRST:
> Put these NFL teams in order of number of Super Bowl appearances, MOST
first:

> A. Washington Redskins
> B. Kansas City Chiefs
> C. Dallas Cowboys
> D. New Orleans Saints
>
> Correct answer: C-A-B-D (7-5-2-0)
> Everyone got it right, but who was the fastest?
> Don Rohan, 4.06 seconds!

I don't think that's ever happened before. BTW, Dallas played in 8 Super
Bowls.

Halftime!

> For $2000:
> Which of the following was not an announcer on the first ABC Monday Night
> Football game?
> A. Keith Jackson B. Frank Gifford C. Howard Cosell D. Don Meredith
> The 50/50 leaves: A. Keith Jackson B. Frank Gifford

> He goes with Frank Gifford and he wins $2000.

Frank came along later. BTW, it would be interesting to see Joy and Frank
(Regis and Kathie Lee's spouses) sub on LwR&KL for a day.

> For $8000:
> What Chicago Bear proclaimed "I'm no dumb cookie!" during the "Super Bowl
> Shuffle"?
> William Perry, the Fridge, wins $8000!

...I may be a rookie, but I'm no dumb cookie...

> To lock in $32,000:
> Who is the only member of a LOSING Super Bowl team to be voted the game's
MVP?
> He remembers Chuck Howley, from the Dallas Cowboys...

Super Bowl V.

> For $250,000:
> Which of these colleges sent the most players, playing in at least one
game in
> the '99 season, to the NFL?
> A. Michigan B. Florida State C. Miami (FL) D. Texas A&M
>
> ATA and we get 12-64-12-12, favoring Florida State.
> And he's going to Phone His Friend. He guesses Florida State.
>
> Can a whole audience and an attorney be wrong?
>
> Well, he's just unsure - he will take the money.
>
> He should have gone for it - it was Florida State - but he has $125,000!

I would have bailed out on this one, too. Audience is 1-for-2 on third
downs.

That is the end of the third quarter.

> Steven Plotnick is from Charlotte, he's single, and he loves Football.

That's why he's here.

> For $200:
> What is it called when the quarterback calls a play change the line of
> scrimmage?
> Audible for $200.

They call audibles on defense, too.

> For $300:
> During the '60s/'70s what team's defensive line was known as the Purple
People
> Eaters?
> Minnesota Vikings for $300.

The Vikings were the only purple (yecch) team back then.

> for $500:
> What kicker, sharing the NFL record for longest field goal, was born with
half
> his kicking foot?
> Tom Dempsey for $500.

And he still kicked a 63-yarder.

> For $1000:
> What team played three consecutive Super Bowls in the '70s?
> Miami Dolphins wins $1000.

Super Bowls VI, VII, and VIII (2-1 in those three).

Two minute warning!

> For $8000:
> Which of these sports announcers is NOT in the Pro Football Hall of Fame?
> A. Frank Gifford B. Dan Dierdorf C. John Madden D. Terry Bradshaw
>
> The 50/50 leaves: B. Dan Dierdorf C. John Madden
> Phone-a-Friend Tim says John Madden.
>
> He'll go with John Madden...
> ... and he's got it! $8000.

Gifford and Bradshaw were HoF quarterbacks, and Dierdorf was a linebacker (I
think). If they inducted broadcasters, Madden (like Joe Montana this year)
would be automatic.

<final gun>

The final score: $205,000 given away tonight.

> We got Charles Anderson with $64,000, Don Rohan with $125,000, and Steven
> Plotnick with $16,000. It's been a great night for football trivia - it'll
be
> a greater night for football tomorrow night as the Tennessee Titans and
St.
> Louis Rams meet in Super Bowl XXXIV. Coverage begins way early at 2pm
> Eastern Time on ABC.

Patty McGrath resumes her quest for the million Tuesday night at what time?

Al and Boomer: 9:00, 8:00 Central!

And watch for Phil Collins, Enrique Iglases (sp?), Christina Aguilera and
more at the halftime show! Then after coverage, stay tuned for The
Practice. From Kalamazoo, everybody, go Rams and go Titans!

> All game material contained herein remains the property of Valleycrest and
> BVTV. Opinions expressed in this update are solely those of the compiler.

And as always, my opinions are mine and mine alone.

--Jason Wuthrich

Zach Horan

Jan 31, 2000, 3:00:00 AM1/31/00
>This was a very unique idea, and I think they should keep these "theme
>shows" up...how about a pre-Oscar show w/all movie-related questions

THey're scheduling this for the night before the Oscars, since the Oscars are
on ABC.

>or a
>pre-Emmy show w/all TV-related questions?

When the primetime EMmys air on ABC, this seems possible. The DAYTIME Emmys, on
the other hand ,are airing on ABC in May. Think they'd try a Daytime Emmy
trivia ep. of WWTBAM? If they'd lean towards one aspect of Daytime, some of us
would do pretty well :)

DLettermen

Jan 31, 2000, 3:00:00 AM1/31/00
They will be having a pre-oscar all movie edition, because the Oscars are on
ABC. I'm guessing they'll only do these before events coming up on ABC, so,
not likely to see an all Olympics edition anytime soon (on NBC til we all die I
think), or Emmys (although that rotates amoung the 4 networks now I think,
anyone know who has in next?). I'm semi-surprised they didn't maybe do an all
music one before the American Music Awards (AMA is on ABC, Grammys are on CBS),
maybe next year.

I don't know of any other "big" enough events ABC does that would warrent a
special theme show.

Don Del Grande

Jan 31, 2000, 3:00:00 AM1/31/00
sheav...@aol.comNOSpam5 (SHeavenFan) wrote:

>Since they had an football one will they have an baseball one and an basketball
>one?

They won't do either unless they can associate it with the appropriate
event.

Baseball - does ABC still have any rights to baseball?

Basketball - it's been at least 25 years since ABC has had the rights to
the NBA Finals, and longer than that (if they had them at all) for the
NCAAs.

They could always do a horse racing show the night before the Kentucky
Derby, or a hockey show during the Stanley Cup Finals (although it depends
on how popular they think hockey questions would be), or a golf show if
they still have the rights to any majors (or even if they don't, they can
hold out until next year's Skins Game).

Don Del Grande, del_g...@netvista.net
And I have a feeling an Olympics-based show is out of the question

Steve Jeremiah Williams-Soria (Jeremy Soria)

Jan 31, 2000, 3:00:00 AM1/31/00
So, Don Del Grande.... is that your final answer?

>Baseball - does ABC still have any rights to baseball?

It's been a long time, at least 5 years, since ABC had any Major League
Baseball.

>They could always do a horse racing show the night before the Kentucky
>Derby,

ABC is in its last year of covering the US Triple Crown, assuming they don't
forfeit this year's rights to NBC, who will take over next year. (And that
means no more Dave Johnson doing racecalls on ABC! Yay!!!!!)

>or a hockey show during the Stanley Cup Finals (although it depends
>on how popular they think hockey questions would be),

If Canada ever gets their version of Millionaire off the ground, they'll
probably do a hockey version.

And speaking of which, I see Canadians on other newsgroups that are
complaining that they can't get on Millionaire. I didn't realize these people
were dumb enough not to realize that Celador licenses Millionaire on a
country-by-country basis, and they'd have to wait until a Canadian network or
production company obtains the rights...

A wrestling-related Millionaire show might fare slightly well, but then all
its contestants on that show would be downright immature and nasty...

Tom Galloway

Jan 31, 2000, 3:00:00 AM1/31/00
In article <20000130225004...@ng-cg1.aol.com>,

DLettermen <dlett...@aol.com> wrote:
>I don't know of any other "big" enough events ABC does that would warrent a
>special theme show.

You're not thinking like a network exec; Sweeps month is a big enough event
to them. So as soon as they think of it, I expect to see:

WWTBAM Legal Special: Sunday lead-in to The Practice
WWTBAM Divorce Special: Monday lead-in to Once and Again
WWTBAM New York Police Special: Tuesday lead-in to NYPD Blue
WWTBAM Politics Special: lead-in to Spin City also with...
A Very Special WWTBAM Michael J. Fox Special: Just before Fox's last Spin City
WWTBAM Magic Special: lead-in to Sabrina the Teenage Witch.

Etc. :-)

tyg t...@netcom.com

Keith Astuto

Jan 31, 2000, 3:00:00 AM1/31/00
I believe so. The only other time I ever saw everyone get it right was
in the first rehearsal FFQ for Series I, Night 12. Michael Davies even
commented on his amazement that it was the first time that every
contestant got the FFQ right (and that was ten of us).

Keith

Dolfan500 wrote:

> >Correct answer: C-A-B-D (7-5-2-0)
> >Everyone got it right, but who was the fastest?

Zach Horan

Jan 31, 2000, 3:00:00 AM1/31/00
>ince they had an football one will they have an baseball one and an
>basketball
>one?

It's possible, but ABC doesn't air much basketball these days, as recently
posted. WHen ABC has the rights to air the World Series, a baseball edition of
Millionaire is possible.

Zach Horan

Jan 31, 2000, 3:00:00 AM1/31/00

>Well, they had an NFL Player's Week last week, but that was so long
>ago, I can understand if you forgot

They've had NFL PLayers week on the last week in January for the past several
seasons. BTW, last season for that week only, the top three teams returned on
Friday. This season however, they didn't bring back the top three teams on
Friday.

namil...@yahoo.com

Jan 31, 2000, 3:00:00 AM1/31/00
In article <389802a1...@news.supernews.com>,
del_g...@netvista.net wrote:
> sheav...@aol.comNOSpam5 (SHeavenFan) wrote:
>
> >Since they had an football one will they have an baseball one and an
basketball
> >one?
>

> They won't do either unless they can associate it with the appropriate
> event.

Don't be surprised if there is an all-movie trivia WWTBAM the night
before the Oscars, especially when Oscar is on Sunday.

> Baseball - does ABC still have any rights to baseball?
>
> Basketball - it's been at least 25 years since ABC has had the rights
> the NBA Finals, and longer than that (if they had them at all) for the
> NCAAs.
>
> They could always do a horse racing show the night before the Kentucky
> Derby, or a hockey show during the Stanley Cup Finals (although it
depends

> on how popular they think hockey questions would be), or a golf show
if
> they still have the rights to any majors (or even if they don't, they
can
> hold out until next year's Skins Game).

> Don Del Grande, del_g...@netvista.net
> And I have a feeling an Olympics-based show is out of the question

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

StormSeeker

Jan 31, 2000, 3:00:00 AM1/31/00

<namil...@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:874gss$r86$1...@nnrp1.deja.com...

> Don't be surprised if there is an all-movie trivia WWTBAM the night
> before the Oscars, especially when Oscar is on Sunday.

They've already announced this as being planned.

Zach Horan

Feb 1, 2000, 3:00:00 AM2/1/00
>Don't be surprised if there is an all-movie trivia WWTBAM the night
>before the Oscars, especially when Oscar is on Sunday.

Will the Oscars be held on Sunday this year(off topic). Yes there will be an
Oscar eve WWTBAM special in March. I don't think, no matter how successful
Millionaire has been in the last six months, that ABC would air it immediately
preceding the Oscars rather than Barbara Walters do her traditional special.

Zach Horan

Feb 1, 2000, 3:00:00 AM2/1/00
>Emmys (although that rotates amoung the 4 networks now I think,
>anyone know who has in next?).

Not sure on the Primetime Emmys, but the DAYTIME Emmys are held on ABC in May.
Depending on how much skewed the Daytime TV questions would be if such a
special existed, some of us might do quite well on this :)

wrest...@my-deja.com

Feb 1, 2000, 3:00:00 AM2/1/00
In article <3895AC...@worldnet.att.net>,

Keith Astuto <skeith...@worldnet.att.net> wrote:
> I believe so. The only other time I ever saw everyone get it right
was
> in the first rehearsal FFQ for Series I, Night 12. Michael Davies
even
> commented on his amazement that it was the first time that every
> contestant got the FFQ right (and that was ten of us).

I'm a little surprised more money wasn't won on Saturday, since it was
the first time that players could actually specialize on one topic --
but there were obscure enough questions that the guys still got nailed
before walking home with obscene amounts.

WF

DLettermen

Feb 1, 2000, 3:00:00 AM2/1/00
The thing is tho, based on two things:

* He "suspected" it was Flipper
* Flipper was second with a rather large amount

He should have went for it.

Given that Rice is by far and away the most well known name of the 4, anyone
who doesn't know is going to think it was probably Rice. If Rice WAS the right
answer, it probably would have gotten about 75-80% (the people guessing PLUS
the people who knew it was right). The people who picked Flipper were likely
almost all people who definately knew the answer.