VS Millionaire - 11/22

vicste...@mailexcite.com

Nov 23, 2000, 3:00:00 AM11/23/00
When we last left Millionaire, Debra Humphrey was in the hotseat,
having made it to $1,000. All her lifelines remain. Grey suit,
light blue shirt with dark blue tie for Regis.

Dark brown pantsuit for Debra, who is a pharmacist for the Nebraska
Department of Corrections. Her husband is in the relationship. Without
further delay, here is the next question:

For $2000: Which of these bones is part of the human hand?

A) Ulna B) Tibia
C) Metacarpal D) Fibula
C) Metacarpal.

For $4000: Which of these images is featured on a bottle of Gatorade?

A) Exclamation B) Lightning bolt
C) Alligator D) Raindrops

A slight pause from Debra, but then she locks in on the lightning
bolt. She's hit the mark with that.

For $8000: In several Tom Clancy, the character works for which of
these government agencies?

A) FBI B) DEA C) Secret Service D) CIA

No hesitation, as she goes right to the audience on this one. The
results are 6-6-23-65.

For $16,000: The leaning tower of Pisa was constructed for what
purpose?

A) Church bell tower B) Prison Tower
C) Munitions storage tower D) Lookout tower

Again, she doesn't know, so it is time to phone-a-friend. Let's see
if Carol can help her out. Carol has a degree in literature. She
thinks that it is a munitions tower. Debra is still stumped though,
and decides to try the 50/50. A & D remain.

She's still stumped, so she's walking.

Her guess would have been D) Lookout tower.

If she'd answered D, she would have had to look out for falling money,
since the answer was A).

Put these U.S. States in clockwise order, starting with the
Northernmost
state.

A) Oklahoka
B) Utah
C) Virginia
D) Minnesota

The correct order is DCAB. 5 out of 10 right, and the fastest is
Michael Shviema with a quick 3.72.

(ad break: More election ads. Is it Monday yet?)

Michael came close to crossing paths with Regis prior to a Notre Dame
football game.

For $100: Which of the following phrases is commonly used to tease
someone with glasses?

A) Pizza face B) Four eyes
C) Sweetie Pie D) Home plate umpire
B) Four eyes.

For $200: Which of the following phrases would you use to command a
person to stop talking?

A) Put a cat in it! B) Put a quarter in it!
C) Put a sock in it! D) Put a bulldozer in it!
C) ..... sock .....

For $300: What popular type of cardboard has an inner layer that is
shaped into folds or ridges?

A) Corrected B) Corrugated
C) Correlated D) Corrupted
B) Corrugated.

For $500: Which of the following vehicles is nicknamed an "eggbeater"?

A) Helicopter B) Jet Ski
C) Motorcycle D) Hot air balloon
A) Helicopter.

For $1000: On what part of a bird can its crest be found?

A) Chest B) Wing
C) Tail D) Head
D) Head.

For $2000: What word comes from the name of a Germanic tribe that
ransacked Europe in the 5th century?

A) Thugs B) Vandals
C) Hoodlums D) Ruffians
B) Vandals.

For $4000: Ascorbic acid, found in oranges, is also known as what?

A) Vitamin C B) Vitamin A
C) Niacin D) Amino acid

After trying to talk it out, he's going to the audience. 79-5-10-6.
Pretty convincing, and it is enough to convince Michael. Vitamin C
is his final answer.

79% of the audience, and most importantly Michael were right!

(ad break)

For $8000: On the TV series "The Waltons", what was usually the
closing line of each episode?

A) Nighty night B) Y'all come back now
C) Good night, John-Boy D) It was a good day

No need to phone a Paula Poundstone, since he is going to answer C),
and it is right.

For $16000: In sheet music, a decrescendo tells the musician to do
what gradually?

A) Play louder B) Play softer
C) Play faster D) Play slower

He is reasonably certain that the answer is B), and certain enough
to make it his final answer.

With that answer, he'll keep on playing!

For $32000: In the 50 State Quarters Program, which state features
Washington crossing the Delaware?

A) Delaware B) Maryland
C) Pennsylvania D) New Jersey

No hesitation. New Jersey is his final answer. He describes some of
the
other quarters before locking in the answer.

He's made it to the safe level.

For $64000: Whose 1999 comedy album is entitled "Stan & Judy's Kid"?

A) Drew Carey B) Jerry Seinfeld
C) Adam Sandler D) Chris Rock

He's going to phone a friend, in this case, he's calling Mark. Mark
is a friend from Notre Dame. Mike has barely finished the options
before Mark blurts out the answeer. C) Adam Sandler, and he is 100
percent certain.

Mark is 100 percent right!

(ad break: VW, Nivea Visage, Trident Dental Gum)

For $125,000: When he was assassinated, Martin Luther King Jr. was in
Memphis to support whose strike?

A) Bus drivers B) Sanitation workers
C) Teachers D) Hospital worker

Time to use the final lifeline. 50/50, A & B remain on the board. He's
going on, with B) as his final answer.

.
.
.
.
.
.
YES!

For $250,000: In 1738, Daniel Bernoulli developed a scientific
principle
that explains how which of the following works?

A) Piched curve ball B) Yo-yo
C) Gyroscope D) 3-D movie

He thinks that Bernoulli principle has to do with rotation. Because of
that, he throws out B & D. His original thinking was gyroscope, but
he is also seriously considering A). More thinking. He answers C),
does it again, but won't answer Regis' prompts for the final answer.

.
.
.

And then.....

He decides to walk away.

And it was a smart move.

The correct answer was A) pitched curve ball.

"Put these TV characters in order by their original fictional military
rank, starting with the lowest"

A) Gomer Pyle
B) Robert Hogan
C) Radar O'Reilly
D) J.D. "Mac" MacGillis

The correct order is ACDB. John Dormer's time is 5.06 seconds, but his
time doesn't matter, since he is the only one to get it right. He'll
play, right after the:

(ad break, Arm & Hammer gum, Sleep Country Canada)

John is a contract negotiator for the U.S. Govenrment,

For $100: "Fat cat" is slang for what?

A) Rich person B) Funny person
B) Mean person C) Chubby tiger
A) Rich person.

For $200: Which of the following is a shape commonly traced in figure
skating?

A) Square B) Star
C) Figure 8 D) The Mona Lisa
C) Figure 8.

For $300: Which of these tools is normally used to grasp very small
objects?

A) Hacksaw B) Tweezers
C) Pipe wrench D) Backhoe
B) Tweezers.

For $500: Which of the following best describes someone with a
so-called "type A" personality?

A) Calm B) Friendly
C) Charitable D) Competitive

Regis: What would you eliminate?
John: A, B & C.

He eliminated the right 3.

For $1000: According to its long-running ad campaign, what product
spells relief?

A) Ben-Gay B) Rolaids
C) Motri D) Kleenex
B) R-O-L-A-I-D-S.

For $2000: What kind of waves are used when communicating with
walkie-talkies?

A) Radio B) Infrared
C) Unltraviolet D) X-rays
A) Radio.

For $4000: What is a forget-me-not?

A) Jewelry B) Song
C) Plant D) Dessert

C) Plant. A flower to be more specific

For $8000: The ornate St. Basil's cathedral, built in the 1550s, is
located in what world capital?

A) London B) Istanbul
C) Athens D) Moscow

He'll go to the audience. The results come back as 18-17-19-46. That
was where he was leaning with his thoughts. Moscow is his final
answer.

The audience was right. John was right.

(ad break: Bissell, Oral-B, Family Millionaire, Certified General
Accountants of Ontario http:www.cga-ontario.org )

John collects Herman Munster objects. He feels he can relate to the
big & bumbly character.

For $16,000: In his 1972 song, which of these artists sings about
taking "a walk on the wild wise"?

A) David Bowie B) Joe Cocker
C) Lou Reed D) Iggy Pop

Right away with C) Lou Reed. Right answer.

For $32,000: Actor Billy Bob Thornton was a regular cast member of
which
of the following sitcoms?

A) Hearts Afire B) Newhart
C) Designing Women D) Grace Under Fire

After a few seconds, he requests to use the 50/50. Still on the board
are A) & D). That doesn't help John, so he requests to use the Phone
A Friend. The friend in question is Tommy, his brother. Tommy can only
offer a weak guess of Grace Under Fire.

John hasn't even heard of Hearts Afire, so he decides to go will D)
Grace Under Fire. Final Answer.

.
.
.
.
.
And John goes down in flames.

But, we still have time for the last Fastest Finger of the evening.

"Put these movies in the order of their first theatrical release,
starting with the earliest."

A) Bamboozled
B) Dazed & Confused
C) Mad Max
D) Moonstruck

Correct order = CDBA. Number correct = 5. Fast Time = 3.74. Winner
= Justin Ray Castillo.

We're going to quickly get down to the questions.

For $100: If a person shifts his reponsibility to others, he is said
to be "passing the" what?

A) Milk B) Buck
C) Minivan D) Kidney Stone
B) Buck.

For $200: Which of the following phrases describes a person that is
thought to be above criticism or questioning?

A) Snake in the grass B) Sacred cow
C) Kettle of fish D) Your boss

He isn't certain. He can eliminate A or D, but hasn't heard of the
term B). Time to call on the audience. 5-80-8-7. Overwhelming, and
he's going with the audience.

B) Sacred cow.

*****AH-WOOOO!*****

Out of time for tonight. Family Millionaire takes over for the next
two days. Justin returns on Sunday, as will I. See you then.

Mr1047416

Nov 23, 2000, 3:00:00 AM11/23/00

i think you have too much time on your hands giving a recap of the show. after
all, this is the year 2000 and the video cassette recorder has already been
invented and in use in the majority of households in america. i would think
that if a viewer was truly a fan of the show they would watch it when it was on
or tape it when they couldn't see it and watch it later.

Whit E. Screenname

Nov 23, 2000, 3:00:00 AM11/23/00

"Mr1047416" <mr10...@aol.com> wrote in message

> i think you have too much time on your hands giving a recap of the show.
after
> all, this is the year 2000 and the video cassette recorder has already
been
> invented and in use in the majority of households in america. i would
think
> that if a viewer was truly a fan of the show they would watch it when it
was on
> or tape it when they couldn't see it and watch it later.

If you don't like the updates, then don't read them.

Chuck Donegan (The Illustrious "Chuckie Baby")

Mike Klauss

Nov 23, 2000, 3:00:00 AM11/23/00
"Mr1047416" <mr10...@aol.com> wrote in message
> i think you have too much time on your hands giving a recap of the show.
after
> all, this is the year 2000 and the video cassette recorder has already
been
> invented and in use in the majority of households in america. i would
think
> that if a viewer was truly a fan of the show they would watch it when it
was on
> or tape it when they couldn't see it and watch it later.

And I think you're a clueless buffoon. The domain you're posting from gave
it away. (I'm sorry the good AOLers out there have to be stereotyped with
people like this genius.)

Vic, thank you very much for posting the Millionaire recaps. I occasionally
work when Millionaire is on and my reception of our ABC affiliate is hit and
miss due to a cable problem. Hence, taping Millionaire's out of the
question.

Keep up the continued good work!

Mike

Vinnie Maffea

Nov 23, 2000, 3:00:00 AM11/23/00
> i think you have too much time on your hands giving a recap of the show. after
> all, this is the year 2000 and the video cassette recorder has already been
> invented and in use in the majority of households in america. i would think
> that if a viewer was truly a fan of the show they would watch it when it was on
> or tape it when they couldn't see it and watch it later.

Ever stop to think that this might appeal to WWTBAM fans in the oh, I don't know,
35 other countries that get their own version of the show and don't/can't get the
ABC feed?

Sheesh....

-- Vinnie Maffea
Webmaster, Game Show Top 100
http://www.thehottestcelebrities.com/gameshows/

Matt Ottinger

Nov 23, 2000, 3:00:00 AM11/23/00

Mr1047416 wrote:

> i think you have too much time on your hands giving a recap of the show. after
> all, this is the year 2000 and the video cassette recorder has already been
> invented and in use in the majority of households in america. i would think
> that if a viewer was truly a fan of the show they would watch it when it was on
> or tape it when they couldn't see it and watch it later.

Yep, another pearl of wisdom from someone who A) can't seem to find the shift key,
B) found it necessary to copy the entire update only to add his few lines at the
bottom and, yes, C) is an AOL user.

The updates are useful in any number of ways. Frankly, I don't see how people have
time to do them either, but sometimes they're really quite helpful, and in any case
are clearly labelled and easily ignored if you so choose. Vic is continuing a long
tradition of recaps in this newsgroup that people like Jeremy Soria and Robair
Mackey have provided over the years. Keep up the good work!

--Matt
otti...@acd.net

Jeff Wildman

Nov 23, 2000, 7:04:33 PM11/23/00
And I think you have just proven just how much of an ass-hole some people can be. I
guess that a printed recap of events is too complex for your couch potato
mentality, therefore I can only imagine that you could never grasp the concept of
how quickly and efficiently these recaps are produced. Back to sleep.....

justin castillo

Mar 29, 2016, 6:42:00 PM3/29/16