jWs Millionaire for Sunday, August 19, 2001

John Sergent

Aug 21, 2001, 4:24:28 AM8/21/01
From: John Sergent <feu...@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Tue Aug 21, 2001 03:59:33 AM US/Eastern
To: gs...@yahoogroups.com
Subject: jWs MIllionaire for Sunday, August 19, 2001

This show has no opening! No long-winded interview, either, just
straight to the questions. Strange. Nice, but strange.

Roger Friedman is in the Hot Seat.

for $125,000: Robert Hooke first used the word 'cell' as a
biological term when viewing what under a microscope?
A) Housefly B) Old cheese
C) Cork D) Rose petal

He claims not to know, then says 'Ccorkfinalanswer' suddenly.
.
.
.
.
And he has $125,000, for now anyway.

NOW we get the "what will you do with the money" question. He
thinks he'll give some to leukemia and lymphoma, and have fun
with the rest.

for $250,000: What rock star wrote the 1989 opera "Holy Blood and
Crescent Moon"?
A) Stewart Copeland B) Peter Gabriel
C) Elvis Costello D) Pete Townshend

"Good question," Robert says. He has another feeling, and says
the music is really intimidating. No lifelines, so he'll walk
with ONE HUNDRED TWENTY-FIVE THOUSAND DOLLARS!. He guesses A.
That's too bad, because now he knows he COULD have doubled his
money. A was right.

Pardon my spelling, but Tara Lipinski is in the audience. She
says she doesn't get to watch TV much, but Millionaire is a must.

Oh, yeah, new people! "and they are":
Mark Franzen, Norwalk, CT
Lillie Salsberry, Baton Rouge, LA
Tara Garcia, Bronx, NY
Laique Ahmad, Lake in the Hills, IL
Ron Smith, Lexington, KY
Heather Welch, Jackson, MS
Cathy Tateosian, Pleasant Hill, CA
Samuel Parks, Maxwell Air Force Base (what, no state?)
Steve Silver, Atlanta, GA
Carolyn Rush Parsons, Austin, TX

First Fastest Finger First: Put these songs in order according to
the number in their titles, starting with the lowest number.
A) Mambo No.5 B) It Takes Two
C) Eight Days a Week D) Summer of '69

If it were up to me, the next FF question would be the same songs
in order of release, and the third (if needed) would be the same
songs in alphabetical order. Anyway, B-A-C-D is right of course.
Everyone except Steve Silver got it right. I can only hope it was
a missed button somewhere! Fastest time was 3.81 seconds,
belonging to Samuel Parks.

I like my Capital One card, but not the bizarre commercials. The
rest of the bunch, well, who watches for the commercials anyway?

Samuel Parks is ready to play. So, for $100: A fireplace opening
is located at the base of what?
A) Refrigerator B) Window
C) Chimney D) Mount Everest

He says the first questions always scare him because he's afraid
he'll bomb. "Always scare him?" How many times has he done this?
But he knows it's chimney.

for $200: A common phrase expressing astonishment or amazement is
"Heavens to" whom?
A) Carol B) Donna
C) Betsy D) Bartholomew

C, Betsy.

for $300: In typing, what is the name for the set of keys which
the fingertips should touch while at rest?
A) Singing Keys B) Home Keys
C) Off keys D) Florida Keys

Hey, I thought they were supposed to have only ONE joke answer!
Samuel: "I THINK these are the home keys."
Regis: "Do you type?"
Samuel: "Yes sir."

for $500: People commonly ride in gondolas while participating in
which of these leisure activities?
A) Golf B) Polo
C) Skiing D) Biking

What he thought it was isn't there. Is he playing around or is he
serious? It's hard to tell. Regis tells him to take them one at a
time: Gondolas with golf? He doesn't think so. He thinks of
gondolas as being like canoes, like in Venice. But those aren't
in sports!

He'll take skiing for $500.

for $1,000: What is the translation of the Latin question "Et tu,
Brute?"
A) Are you Brutus? B) Me too, Brutus?
C) What now, Beast? D) And you, Brutus?

This one he's sure on. D, "And you, Brutus?"

Right!

for $2,000: Which of the following colors is not the color of one
of the stripes in Aquafresh toothpaste?
A) Red B) White
C) Aqua D) Yellow

Yellow? YELLOW? Who would buy yellow toothpaste? Make it purple
or something! Anyway, he picks yellow and wins.

for $4,000: On the children's TV series "Teletubbies," how many
Teletubbies are there?
A) 3 B) 4
C) 6 D) 8

He's seen the show but doesn't know how many there are. I saw the
show and couldn't stand it long enough to know for sure. The
introduction alone took forever! He'll Ask the Audience.
9-76-10-5. He's glad he asked, because he only saw three on the
show he saw but knows there are more than three names. B, 4,
Final Answer.
.
.
Right!

for $8,000: The Immigration and Naturalization Service is part of
what U.S. Department?
A) State B) Interior
C) Justice D) Defense

He's pretty sure it's not D or C, and is leaning towards
interior. He'll call Uncle Nelson, who is 80% sure it's the State
Department. Interior would be his second choice. Samuel's pretty
sure the 50:50 would leave State and Interior, so he won't use
it. Instead, he makes State Department his Final Answer.
.
.
.
.
.
He should have taken the 50:50. The right answer is Justice.

Fastest Finger II: Put these NBA teams in geographic order by
their home city, starting in the east.
A) Jazz B) Pacers
C) Sours D) Knicks

Sours? Who or what are the Sours? D-B-C-A, and six got it.
Apparently these people have heard of the Sours. Steve Silver,
the only person to miss the last question, got this one in 3.77
seconds, and is on his way to the Hot Seat.

Steve's wife of 17 years is here. He works for a company that
installs business satellite TV networks. He also sells used and
rare videotapes on the internet. (Why is this thing underlining
"internet"? It underlines "email", too. Some spell checker!)

for $100: A classic game often played at slumber parties is
"Truth or" what?
A) Scare B) Dare
C) Wear D) Wet Willie

What, no Consequences? Might have gotten a wrong answer, which of
course they don't want.

for $200: The name of what clothing accessory also means "to sing
in a forceful manner"?
A) Hat B) Glove
C) Belt D) Loud tie

Belt.

for $300: In which of the following places are you routinely
asked whether you packed your own bag?
A) Airport B) Bus depot
C) Taxi stand D) Nude beach

Airport. Not the kind I have by the telephone.

for $500: On FDA Nutrition Facts labels, what does the lowercase
letter "g" stand for?
A) Gains B) Gross
C) Grams D) Grain

Grams.

for $1000: Since 1980, what journalist has been the main anchor
of the news program "Nightline"?
A) Tom Brokaw B) Dan Rather
C) Ted Koppel D) Tim Russert

Ted Koppel gets Steve to $1000!

for $2,000: The Houghton Mifflin Company specializes in what?
(not only does my speller not recognize the words internet and
email, but it DOES accept both Houghton and Mifflin! Useless.)
A) Tires B) Books
C) Pencils D) Mattresses

Books.

for $4,000: A gully is a small trench in the earth that was
originally formed due to what?
A) Running water B) Wind
C) Volcanic activity D) Pedestrians

I live between two gullies. If they turn out to be volcanic, I'm
moving! They were formed by water.

for $8,000: Techno recording artist Moby is the great-great-
grandnephew of what famous author?
A) F. Scott Fitzgerald B) Mark Twain
C) Herman Melville D) Ernest Hemingway

(And none of those names set off the spell check thing. ALL of
them except Rather on the TV people one did. My computer must
like books!)

Regis asks him if he's ever heard the name Moby. He says "yeah,
but don't talk to me too much." He knows Moby Dick was by
Melville, and so makes that his Final Answer.
.
.
.
.
.
RIGHT!

for $16,000: In the comic strip "Peanuts," what character
consistently addresses Peppermint Patty as "Sir"?
A) Sally B) Marcie
C) Linus D) Schroeder

B, Marcie. Was there ever a reason for this? Not that there has
to be or anything.

Steve has a law degree, but doesn't practice. I wonder how THAT
would fit into the Sousa rule. Hey, *I* root for *all* the
contestants (in the Hot Seat, anyway)! I haven't seen one yet I
wanted to lose, not even the one tonight who wasn't sure of home
row.

for $16,000: In 1938, what world leader erroneously claimed to
have achieved "peace for our time"?
A) Benito Mussolini (There it goes again, "Mussolini" is an
B) Winston Churchill acceptable word, but "Benito" isn't)
C) Francisco Franco
D) Neville Chamberlain

He knows it to be Neville Chamberlain. He's right!

for $32,000: How many horizontal rows of stars appear on the U.S.
flag?
A) 6 B) 7
C) 9 D) 10

Now this is strange. The last time I looked at a flag, the stars
were arranged diagonally. They made columns, but not rows. I
guess if you only use every other column in each row, that might
do. But I'm doing better than Steve is, because he can't
visualize how they are arranged. He wants to go back to the
Neville Chamberlain question. Rather than use a lifeline, he'll
make 7 his Final Answer.
.
.
.
.
.
And it was, because the answer's 9. He still has his $32,000.
Huh? Something's not right here. Oh, OK. That was the $64,000
question, and the one before was 32.

Fastest Finger III: Put these games in order by when they were
first introduced, starting with the earliest.
A) Pac-Man B) Tomb Raider
C) Pong D) Super Mario Bros.

C-A-D-B. A careful bunch in Contestants' Row, only two missed.
Heather Welch wins at 4.12. I can honestly say she's the nicest
looking person to sit in the Hot Seat this show. Anyway, she's a
hydrologist. Ground water and stuff.

for $100: What is the common phrase for a confidential and
intimate conversation?
A) Toe-to-toe B) Back-to-chest
C) Heart-to-heart D) Incriminating

C, heart-to-heart.

for $200: Which of these continents is covered with the most ice?
A) Antarctica B) Australia
C) Africa D) Milwaukee

That's an odd question. Usually all the answers are the same
type, and especially since the question says "these continents"
they should all BE continents. Even if they do like a joke. And
they do it again in the next one, since "wood chipper" is not
office equipment.

for $300: What piece of office equipment often bears a warning
that neckties should be kept away?
A) Paper shredder B) Photocopier
C) Laser printer D) Wood chipper

paper shredder.

for $500: A person who illegally enters another person's property
is guilty of what?
A) Assault B) Embezzlement
C) Trespassing D) Jaywalking

for $1000: A palomino is what type of animal?
A) Horse B) Cat
C) Dog D) Bird

A, horse.

for $2,000: What is the first word of the first verse of the Old
Testament?
A) The B) And
C) With D) In

She's going to phone a friend. Wait, she's not. D, In, FA.
.
.
.
Right! In the beginning of Genesis are the words "In the
beginning".

for $4,000: A fajita usually consists of strips of grilled,
marinated meat that is wrapped in what?
A) Tortilla B) Bacon
C) Rice D) Sourdough bread

How the %^*& do you wrap something in RICE? It's tortilla, FA,
correct.

for $8,000: In June 2001, media tycoon Silvio Berlusconi became
prime minister of what country for the second time?

A) Spain B) Italy
C) Greece D) Turkey

She'll take 50:50. She still has Spain and Italy. She agrees that
"Berlusconi" sounds Italian, but thinks that makes it too
obvious. But she'll make Italy her Final Answer anyway.
.
.
.
.
.
RIGHT!

for $16,000: By definition, which of the following is invisible?
A) Supernova B) Nebula
C) Black hole D) Quasar

Black hole.

for the big $32,000: What was the real name of American folk hero
Johnny Appleseed?
A) John Chapman B) John Smith
C) John Gerbin D) John Lodge

I think his REAL real name was David. The audience votes
28-45-6-19. She doesn't agree with the audience, and was leaning
toward John Chapman. She says she hates to use all her lifelines,
but she'd hate more not getting the $32,000, so she calls her
mom. "John Chapman, 100%. How you doing, Heather? Love you!" Nice
when they have 15 seconds left for that. John Chapman is
Heather's Final Answer.
.
.
.
.
RIGHT!

Regis says she knew the answers to all the questions she posed to
the lifelines. So why was she leaning towards John Smith? Wait,
that was the audience, which an earlier contestant claimed was
smart. She wants to pay off bills, and wanted to go to Disney
World but her 7 year old stepson wants to go to Vegas. Is there
anything to do there at 7 years old?

for $64,000: Guitarist Brian Setzer portrayed what musician in
the 1987 movie "La Bamba"?
A) The Big Bopper B) Jackie Wilson
C) Eddie Cochran D) Buddy Holly

She thinks it's Buddy Holly. Final Answer.
,
,
,
,
,
,
WRONG! I bet the audience knew it was Eddie Cochran.

Fastest Finger IV: Put these companies in the order in which they
were founded, starting with the most recent.
A) eBay B) Ford Motor Company
C) Microsoft D) Mattel, Inc.

A-C-D-B (and I did it backwards, d'oh!). Again, the players were
VERY careful and only one missed. Cathy Teteosian wins with 5.84
seconds.

Low on time, for $100: Which of these planets has been proven to
contain life?
A) Jupiter B) Saturn
C) Earth D) Wyoming

Now they're calling Wyoming a planet. It's big, but not that big.

for $200: A law enforcement official bugs a house by adding what
to it?
A) Hidden microphones B) Trap doors
C) Infrared sensors D) Cockroaches

Cathy's glad she watches the Sopranos. It's A.

for $300: Which of the following words is the name of both a type
of fabric and a type of pie?
A) Tartan B) Chiffon
C) Corduroy D) Gucci berry

B, Chiffon.

*****AH-CHOOO!*****

--
"Just because the cat has kittens in the oven doesn't make them
biscuits"

Brett A. Pasternack

Aug 22, 2001, 3:35:32 AM8/22/01
. o O ( Airdate: 8/19/01 )

John Sergent wrote:

> From: John Sergent <feu...@ix.netcom.com>
> Date: Tue Aug 21, 2001 03:59:33 AM US/Eastern
> To: gs...@yahoogroups.com
> Subject: jWs MIllionaire for Sunday, August 19, 2001
>
> This show has no opening! No long-winded interview, either, just
> straight to the questions. Strange. Nice, but strange.

. o O ( The first sitcom to eschew an opening theme sequence was "Murphy
Brown". )
. o O ( It had no theme song, although the fictional news show on the
show, "FYI", did have a theme. )

> Roger Friedman is in the Hot Seat.
>
> for $125,000: Robert Hooke first used the word 'cell' as a
> biological term when viewing what under a microscope?
> A) Housefly B) Old cheese
> C) Cork D) Rose petal
>
> He claims not to know, then says 'Ccorkfinalanswer' suddenly.
> .
> .
> .
> .
> And he has $125,000, for now anyway.

. o O ( Biology was not Hooke's only area of expertise: he also
discovered that Jupiter rotates, determined the center of gravity of the
Earth for the first time, and derived the elasticity formula f=kx. )

> NOW we get the "what will you do with the money" question. He
> thinks he'll give some to leukemia and lymphoma, and have fun
> with the rest.
>
> for $250,000: What rock star wrote the 1989 opera "Holy Blood and
> Crescent Moon"?
> A) Stewart Copeland B) Peter Gabriel
> C) Elvis Costello D) Pete Townshend
>
> "Good question," Robert says. He has another feeling, and says
> the music is really intimidating. No lifelines, so he'll walk
> with ONE HUNDRED TWENTY-FIVE THOUSAND DOLLARS!. He guesses A.
> That's too bad, because now he knows he COULD have doubled his
> money. A was right.

. o O ( Copeland was the drummer for The Police. )

> Pardon my spelling, but Tara Lipinski is in the audience.

. o O ( Correct spelling: Tara Lipinski )

> She
> says she doesn't get to watch TV much, but Millionaire is a must.
>
> Oh, yeah, new people! "and they are":
> Mark Franzen, Norwalk, CT
> Lillie Salsberry, Baton Rouge, LA
> Tara Garcia, Bronx, NY
> Laique Ahmad, Lake in the Hills, IL
> Ron Smith, Lexington, KY
> Heather Welch, Jackson, MS
> Cathy Tateosian, Pleasant Hill, CA
> Samuel Parks, Maxwell Air Force Base (what, no state?)
> Steve Silver, Atlanta, GA
> Carolyn Rush Parsons, Austin, TX
>
> First Fastest Finger First: Put these songs in order according to
> the number in their titles, starting with the lowest number.
> A) Mambo No.5 B) It Takes Two
> C) Eight Days a Week D) Summer of '69
>
> If it were up to me, the next FF question would be the same songs
> in order of release,

. o O ( Boy, would that be opening a can of worms. )

. o O ( "Mambo No. 5" was first recorded by Perez Prado in 1950, but the
version that most people will be familiar with, which has mostly new
lyrics, was recorded by Lou Bega in 1999. Moreover, "It Takes Two" was
the title of two otherwise unrelated hits, one by Marvin Gaye and Kim
Weston in 1967, before "Summer Of '69", and one by Rob Base and DJ EZ
Rock in 1988, after "Summer Of '69". )

> and the third (if needed) would be the same
> songs in alphabetical order.

. o O ( No ambiguities there! )

> Anyway, B-A-C-D is right of course.
> Everyone except Steve Silver got it right. I can only hope it was
> a missed button somewhere! Fastest time was 3.81 seconds,
> belonging to Samuel Parks.
>
> I like my Capital One card, but not the bizarre commercials. The
> rest of the bunch, well, who watches for the commercials anyway?
>
> Samuel Parks is ready to play. So, for $100: A fireplace opening
> is located at the base of what?
> A) Refrigerator B) Window
> C) Chimney D) Mount Everest
>
> He says the first questions always scare him because he's afraid
> he'll bomb. "Always scare him?" How many times has he done this?
> But he knows it's chimney.
>
> for $200: A common phrase expressing astonishment or amazement is
> "Heavens to" whom?
> A) Carol B) Donna
> C) Betsy D) Bartholomew
>
> C, Betsy.

. o O ( Etymologist Charles Earle Funke was unable to find the origin of
this phrase. He wrote: "I am tempted to paraphrase Shakespeare: 'Who is
Betsy? What is she, that heaven itself commends her?'" )

> for $300: In typing, what is the name for the set of keys which
> the fingertips should touch while at rest?
> A) Singing Keys B) Home Keys
> C) Off keys D) Florida Keys

. o O ( "Off the Florida Keys..." is the first line of the first verse
of "Kokomo" by the Beach Boys, the chorus lyrics of which were the
subject of a Millionaire question ten days earlier. )

> Hey, I thought they were supposed to have only ONE joke answer!
> Samuel: "I THINK these are the home keys."
> Regis: "Do you type?"
> Samuel: "Yes sir."
>
> for $500: People commonly ride in gondolas while participating in
> which of these leisure activities?
> A) Golf B) Polo
> C) Skiing D) Biking
>
> What he thought it was isn't there. Is he playing around or is he
> serious? It's hard to tell. Regis tells him to take them one at a
> time: Gondolas with golf? He doesn't think so. He thinks of
> gondolas as being like canoes, like in Venice. But those aren't
> in sports!
>
> He'll take skiing for $500.
>
> for $1,000: What is the translation of the Latin question "Et tu,
> Brute?"
> A) Are you Brutus? B) Me too, Brutus?
> C) What now, Beast? D) And you, Brutus?
>
> This one he's sure on. D, "And you, Brutus?"

. o O ( Many, many people have been tempted to paraphrase this line of
Shakespeare. )

> Right!
>
> for $2,000: Which of the following colors is not the color of one
> of the stripes in Aquafresh toothpaste?
> A) Red B) White
> C) Aqua D) Yellow
>
> Yellow? YELLOW? Who would buy yellow toothpaste? Make it purple
> or something! Anyway, he picks yellow and wins.
>
> for $4,000: On the children's TV series "Teletubbies," how many
> Teletubbies are there?
> A) 3 B) 4
> C) 6 D) 8
>
> He's seen the show but doesn't know how many there are. I saw the
> show and couldn't stand it long enough to know for sure. The
> introduction alone took forever! He'll Ask the Audience.
> 9-76-10-5. He's glad he asked, because he only saw three on the
> show he saw but knows there are more than three names. B, 4,
> Final Answer.
> .
> .
> Right!

. o O ( Dipsy, Laa-Laa, Po, and Tinky Winky )

. o O ( Who I'm trying to learn to tell apart so my friend's 3 and 4
year old brothers don't think I'm stupid when I can't hand them the
stuffed toy they asked for. )

> for $8,000: The Immigration and Naturalization Service is part of
> what U.S. Department?
> A) State B) Interior
> C) Justice D) Defense
>
> He's pretty sure it's not D or C, and is leaning towards
> interior. He'll call Uncle Nelson, who is 80% sure it's the State
> Department. Interior would be his second choice. Samuel's pretty
> sure the 50:50 would leave State and Interior, so he won't use
> it. Instead, he makes State Department his Final Answer.
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> He should have taken the 50:50. The right answer is Justice.
>
> Fastest Finger II: Put these NBA teams in geographic order by
> their home city, starting in the east.
> A) Jazz B) Pacers
> C) Sours D) Knicks
>
> Sours? Who or what are the Sours? D-B-C-A, and six got it.

. o O ( New York; Indianapolis; San Antonio; Salt Lake City )

> Apparently these people have heard of the Sours.

. o O ( Perhaps this will "spur" them to hire a new proofreader! )

. o O ( "Oh, them Silver grams, oh, them Silver grams..." )

> for $1000: Since 1980, what journalist has been the main anchor
> of the news program "Nightline"?
> A) Tom Brokaw B) Dan Rather
> C) Ted Koppel D) Tim Russert
>
> Ted Koppel gets Steve to $1000!
>
> for $2,000: The Houghton Mifflin Company specializes in what?
> (not only does my speller not recognize the words internet and
> email, but it DOES accept both Houghton and Mifflin! Useless.)
> A) Tires B) Books
> C) Pencils D) Mattresses
>
> Books.
>
> for $4,000: A gully is a small trench in the earth that was
> originally formed due to what?
> A) Running water B) Wind
> C) Volcanic activity D) Pedestrians
>
> I live between two gullies. If they turn out to be volcanic, I'm
> moving! They were formed by water.

. o O ( The "hully gully" was a dance craze in the early 60s. Hits about
it include "(Baby) Hully Gully" by The Olympics, "Hully Gully Baby" by
The Dovells, and "Hully Gully Again" by Little Caesar and the Romans. )

> for $8,000: Techno recording artist Moby is the great-great-
> grandnephew of what famous author?
> A) F. Scott Fitzgerald B) Mark Twain
> C) Herman Melville D) Ernest Hemingway
>
> (And none of those names set off the spell check thing. ALL of
> them except Rather on the TV people one did. My computer must
> like books!)
>
> Regis asks him if he's ever heard the name Moby. He says "yeah,
> but don't talk to me too much." He knows Moby Dick was by
> Melville, and so makes that his Final Answer.
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> RIGHT!

. o O ( His real name is Richard Melville Hall. )

> for $16,000: In the comic strip "Peanuts," what character
> consistently addresses Peppermint Patty as "Sir"?
> A) Sally B) Marcie
> C) Linus D) Schroeder
>
> B, Marcie.

. o O ( Beginning with the strip that ran on July 20, 1971. )

> Was there ever a reason for this? Not that there has
> to be or anything.

. o O ( According to snoopycentral.com, "This is because she looks up to
Peppermint Patty for her athletic ability and natural gumption." )

. o O ( They also say that it may be influenced by Peppermint Patty's
own insecurity about her feminity. )

> Steve has a law degree, but doesn't practice. I wonder how THAT
> would fit into the Sousa rule. Hey, *I* root for *all* the
> contestants (in the Hot Seat, anyway)! I haven't seen one yet I
> wanted to lose, not even the one tonight who wasn't sure of home
> row.
>
> for $16,000:

. o O ( Nope. )

. o O (
http://fourh.ucdavis.edu/4hresource/clipart/other/american%20flag.gif )

> Fastest Finger III: Put these games in order by when they were
> first introduced, starting with the earliest.
> A) Pac-Man

. o O ( Pac-Man was originally designed as an animated pizza, but
technical limitations changed him to plain yellow. )

> B) Tomb Raider
> C) Pong D) Super Mario Bros.
>
> C-A-D-B.

. o O ( 1972; 1980; 1985; 1996 )

. o O ( Tomb Raider has been made into a movie, Pac-Man has been made
into a TV cartoon, and Super Mario Brothers has been made into both. )
. o O ( Pong, oddly, has been made into neither. )

. o O ( A North American descendant of Spanish horses. )

> for $2,000: What is the first word of the first verse of the Old
> Testament?
> A) The B) And
> C) With D) In
>
> She's going to phone a friend. Wait, she's not. D, In, FA.
> .
> .
> .
> Right! In the beginning of Genesis are the words "In the
> beginning".
>
> for $4,000: A fajita usually consists of strips of grilled,
> marinated meat that is wrapped in what?
> A) Tortilla B) Bacon
> C) Rice D) Sourdough bread
>
> How the %^*& do you wrap something in RICE?

. o O ( VERY carefully? )

> It's tortilla, FA,
> correct.
>
> for $8,000: In June 2001, media tycoon Silvio Berlusconi became
> prime minister of what country for the second time?
>
> A) Spain B) Italy
> C) Greece D) Turkey
>
> She'll take 50:50. She still has Spain and Italy. She agrees that
> "Berlusconi" sounds Italian, but thinks that makes it too
> obvious. But she'll make Italy her Final Answer anyway.
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> RIGHT!

. o O ( He had first been elected in 1994, on an anti-corruption
platform. )
. o O ( He was convicted of bribery in 1997. )

. o O ( Marshall Crenshaw played Holly. )

> Fastest Finger IV: Put these companies in the order in which they
> were founded, starting with the most recent.
> A) eBay B) Ford Motor Company
> C) Microsoft D) Mattel, Inc.

. o O ( In March, eBay and Microsoft announced a "strategic alliance" to
expand their global online presence by integrating their technologies,
making their services available at the others' websites, and appearing
together in game show trivia questions. )

. o O ( OK, that last one wasn't actually listed in the press release. )

> A-C-D-B (and I did it backwards, d'oh!).

. o O ( 1995; 1975; 1945; 1903 )

> Again, the players were
> VERY careful and only one missed. Cathy Teteosian wins with 5.84
> seconds.
>
> Low on time, for $100: Which of these planets has been proven to
> contain life?
> A) Jupiter B) Saturn
> C) Earth D) Wyoming
>
> Now they're calling Wyoming a planet. It's big, but not that big.

. o O ( And it does, in fact, contain life. )

> for $200: A law enforcement official bugs a house by adding what
> to it?
> A) Hidden microphones B) Trap doors
> C) Infrared sensors D) Cockroaches
>
> Cathy's glad she watches the Sopranos. It's A.
>
> for $300: Which of the following words is the name of both a type
> of fabric and a type of pie?
> A) Tartan B) Chiffon
> C) Corduroy D) Gucci berry
>
> B, Chiffon.

. o O ( Not The Rock's favorite kind of pie. )

> *****AH-CHOOO!*****

. o O ( Salud! )

. o O ( Total winnings this episode: $190,000 )

> --
> "Just because the cat has kittens in the oven doesn't make them
> biscuits"

. o O ( "Pop-Up Video" is a trademark of VH-1, Viacom, and Spin the
Bottle Productions. )

. o O ( Adapted for atgs by Dean Scungio. )

. o O ( POP! )