A short question

SpamFish a.k.a. Garrett

Sep 10, 2001, 12:59:29 AM9/10/01
Okay, I'm sure the answer is no, but, was there ever a Freakazoid
comic book? I know he made an appearance, oh heck, STARRED, in an
Animaniacs comic book, but did he ever have a comic book series? If he
did, then I WANT TO KNOW!
BTW, the A! comic with F! was great. If he didn't have his own comic
book series, I'm glad he had at least had one comic.

Kane Leung

Sep 28, 2001, 12:56:09 AM9/28/01
the_p...@geocities.com (SpamFish a.k.a. Garrett) wrote in message news:<bc5aa0e4.01090...@posting.google.com>...

> Okay, I'm sure the answer is no, but, was there ever a Freakazoid
> comic book?

Yep - it's a no. :(

Perhaps there would've been, as Sean and Jenn did work on a couple
scripts, but alas, WB had "better ideas".

-- NC

HubCity

Sep 28, 2001, 8:40:27 PM9/28/01
ap...@lafn.org (Kane Leung) wrote in

Ah, but we *did* manage to get a Freakazoid appearance in an Animaniacs
comic (along with Cosgrove and The Lobe.) Details, of course, available at
Toonzone:

http://www.toonzone.net/comics/animish35.html

...or did that get mentioned already?

-HubCity
(Who still occasionally points out to his editor that Freakazoid's still
running on Cartoon Network, weekdays at 5:30am...heck, if they could do a
"Galtar & The Golden Lance" comic, they could spare some space for the
Freak...)

Kane Leung

Sep 29, 2001, 5:55:07 PM9/29/01
uho...@rkvg109.pbz (HubCity) wrote in message news:<Xns912AD21A5C18Ch...@167.206.112.134>...
<...>

> Ah, but we *did* manage to get a Freakazoid appearance in an Animaniacs
> comic (along with Cosgrove and The Lobe.) Details, of course, available at
> Toonzone:
>
> http://www.toonzone.net/comics/animish35.html
>
> ...or did that get mentioned already?

That was indirectly mentioned. The original post was in regards to F!'s own series.

-- Kane ... who was refering to the stuff that's under gag order. *that*.

HubCity

Sep 30, 2001, 9:51:19 PM9/30/01

> -- Kane ... who was refering to the stuff that's under gag order.
> *that*.

Aha...

For completeness' sake, here's what we actually did in the service of
Freakazoid...

1. A half-hour episode script, "Enter...Freakazette!"

2. A half-hour episode script, "Freakazoid's Bad Day"

3. The Animaniacs comic crossover, "Tour De Freak"

4. Preliminary pitches for a four-issue "Freakazoid" comic miniseries,
canned when the series was. Nothing but some single-line ideas there.

And that's all the "lost" Freakazoid material we were responsible for.
However, if Mr. Rugg and/or Mr. McCann has anything they're sitting on that
they'd like to contribute, this could become a very interesting
newsgroup...

(Just don't ask Evan Dorkin about Freakazoid. Trust me, just...don't.)

-HubCity

Jay Maynard

Oct 1, 2001, 8:46:20 AM10/1/01
On Mon, 01 Oct 2001 01:51:19 GMT, HubCity <uho...@rkvg109.pbz> wrote:
>(Just don't ask Evan Dorkin about Freakazoid. Trust me, just...don't.)

What's his problem with it? Is he one of the ones who feels that Timm and
Dini were betrayed when the series was retooled?

HubCity

Oct 1, 2001, 7:55:04 PM10/1/01
jmay...@thebrain.conmicro.cx (Jay Maynard) wrote in

Yup, and from his point of view, I understand it - it was kinda like
getting the rug pulled out from under you, which leaves very little
liklihood that you'll have any respect for the final product, no matter how
good it is.

Shame, too...I'd actually like to see something done with the foundation
they were developing from. It'd be different, to be sure, but who are we
to say it would have been without merit? (Unless, of course, it wound up
coming out badly...

-HubCity

Karen

Oct 1, 2001, 8:48:16 PM10/1/01
> For completeness' sake, here's what we actually did in the service of
> Freakazoid...
>
> 1. A half-hour episode script, "Enter...Freakazette!"

So. . . is there any way to "pluck that off the internet?" I would
*love* to read that, I really would. :)

~Karen (na otome no porishii)

HubCity

Oct 22, 2001, 3:59:01 PM10/22/01
[posted and mailed]

sunse...@tokyopop.com (Karen) wrote in

>> For completeness' sake, here's what we actually did in the service of
>> Freakazoid...
>>
>> 1. A half-hour episode script, "Enter...Freakazette!"
>
> So. . . is there any way to "pluck that off the internet?" I would
> *love* to read that, I really would. :)
>
> ~Karen (na otome no porishii)

Ah, never put it up on the net, but I wonder if the time to do that is
near...

-HubCity

Kane Leung

Oct 25, 2001, 3:22:50 AM10/25/01
HubCity <uho...@rkvg109.pbz> wrote in message news:<Xns9142A1BE33FCCh...@204.127.36.1>...
<...>

> Ah, never put it up on the net, but I wonder if the time to do that is
> near...

There's also the option of exploiting some of us suckers ... not that
anyone took on the $200 OBO offer on the storyboard, but ...

-- NC