JLU - WOW

1 view

John Doe II

Sep 18, 2005, 12:42:48 AM9/18/05
Tonight's new Justice League Unlimited rocked. The legion of doom returns.
And the second episode was hot.

George Johnson

Sep 18, 2005, 1:23:09 AM9/18/05
"John Doe II" <firsTr...@centurytel.net> wrote in message

| Tonight's new Justice League Unlimited rocked. The legion of doom
returns.
| And the second episode was hot.

That is why I love the series and praise the writers and animators.
I also thank CARTOON NETWORK for showing the episodes as well.

Message has been deleted

John Doe II

Sep 18, 2005, 12:24:14 PM9/18/05

"shawn" <nanof...@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Was this the first new episodes of the season? I happened upon the eps
> by chance and at first I thought it was just eps from last season I
> hadn't seen, but the Lex - Brainiac connection made me think this as a
> new ep. It was a great show. I haven't watched the second ep yet so I
> can't comment on that one.

yep, new season. It just wasn't hyped for some reason.

fake name

Sep 18, 2005, 6:28:38 PM9/18/05
John Doe II wrote:
> And the second episode was hot.

What you really meant to say was Hawkgirl was hot.

Don Del Grande

Sep 18, 2005, 6:45:10 PM9/18/05
John Doe II wrote:

> shawn wrote:

>> John Doe II wrote:

>>> Tonight's new Justice League Unlimited rocked. The legion of
>>> doom returns.

For whatever reason, they never used the term, other than having the
word "Legion" somewhere in the title. (And notice that the purpose
of the LOD isn't to destroy the JL, but to be able to go about their
"usual business" without the JL getting in their way - is this how the
LOD operates in the comics?)

(And please, please, pleasepleaseplease, PLEASE, did I mention please,
don't let this "Luthor is only aligned with the JL to get that piece
of Brainiac back from Grod" storyline run the entire season - how long
are we going to have to put up with "Now?" "No, not yet, Luthor, I
have another task for you" "Someday, Grod...")

>> Was this the first new episodes of the season? I happened upon the eps
>> by chance and at first I thought it was just eps from last season I
>> hadn't seen, but the Lex - Brainiac connection made me think this as a
>> new ep. It was a great show. I haven't watched the second ep yet so I
>> can't comment on that one.

> yep, new season. It just wasn't hyped for some reason.

Did anyone notice that the commercials kept hyping that next week's
show would be at 9, even though every TV listing I've seen says
another doubleheader (Heart of Stone / Elegy) at 10?

-- Don

parv

Sep 18, 2005, 6:59:47 PM9/18/05
in message <qSlXe.271916$5N3....@bgtnsc05-news.ops.worldnet.att.net>,
wrote fake name ...

> John Doe II wrote:
>> And the second episode was hot.
>
> What you really meant to say was Hawkgirl was hot.

Well, she has always been lovely. I was missing her in the episodes
of previous season.

- parv

--
As nice it is to receive personal mail, too much sweetness causes
tooth decay. Unless you have burning desire to contact me, do not do

Quiet Desperation

Sep 19, 2005, 2:48:59 AM9/19/05
In article <slrndirsb5...@localhost.holy.cow>, parv
<pa...@yahooWhereElse.com> wrote:

> Well, she has always been lovely. I was missing her in the episodes
> of previous season.

I dunno. The Huntress sort of replaced Hawkgirl in my heart. ;-)

Jon

Sep 19, 2005, 10:59:33 AM9/19/05
>Did anyone notice that the commercials kept hyping that next week's
>show would be at 9, even though every TV listing I've seen says
>another doubleheader (Heart of Stone / Elegy) at 10?

Most likely accidental use of the old commercial.

xmh3...@yahoo.com

Sep 19, 2005, 6:02:00 PM9/19/05

Huntress. Canary. Hawkgirl. Zatanna. Wonder Woman. Fire. Ice.
Supergirl (soon to be in a different costume, according to the teasers
during the credits).

Damn, I gotta come up with some kinda special power so's I can join
the League.

xmh3...@yahoo.com

Sep 19, 2005, 6:18:37 PM9/19/05
On Sun, 18 Sep 2005 01:23:09 -0400, "George Johnson" <matr...@voyager.net>
wrote:

The only quibble I have (and admittedly, it's one of those nitpicking,
teensy-tiny little things) was the minor goof while Hawkgirl was piloting
the plane. Fire, standing at Wally's left, is thrown into his lap when
Hawkgirl suddenly jerks the control yoke to the right. Wouldn't she have
been tossed to the LEFT by a violent righthand maneuver?

You're right, though. The show is awesome, a very worthy successor to the
fantastic Batman and Superman shows.

I'm surprised no one noticed the new Hall of Justice.

Jack Bohn

Sep 20, 2005, 6:09:40 AM9/20/05
xmh3...@yahoo.com wrote:

How about X-ray vision?

--
-Jack

George Johnson

Sep 20, 2005, 9:12:29 AM9/20/05
"Jack Bohn" <jack...@bright.net> wrote in message

The ability to summon temporary pants?

Antonio E. Gonzalez

Sep 20, 2005, 10:05:42 AM9/20/05

I do believe you missed the point . . .

- ReFlex76 (formerly "Vaughner")

- "Let's beat the terrorists with our most powerful weapon . . . hot
girl-on-girl action!"

tan...@bellsouth.net

Sep 21, 2005, 3:16:54 AM9/21/05
I kinda hate how they made Power Girl (Kara/SG pre-Crisis on World 2 or 3?)
evil and a clone of SG. One of my fav comics growing up was Supes, and PG
and I think Green Arrow going after Vandal Savage.

Cyn

"Always tell them the truth, it's the one thing they'll never believe."
Andy Sipowitz - NYPD Blue

<xmh3...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

xmh3...@yahoo.com

Sep 21, 2005, 4:52:24 AM9/21/05
On Wed, 21 Sep 2005 03:16:54 -0400, <tan...@bellsouth.net> wrote:

>I kinda hate how they made Power Girl (Kara/SG pre-Crisis on World 2 or 3?)
>evil and a clone of SG. One of my fav comics growing up was Supes, and PG
>and I think Green Arrow going after Vandal Savage.
>
>Cyn

I'm wondering what direction they'll take with Kara, if in fact they do anything
else with her at all. Interestingly enough, in the comics based on the JL/JLU
show, Kara is a member of the League.

George Johnson

Sep 21, 2005, 8:46:29 AM9/21/05
<xmh3...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

A severe sudden electrocution (provided it hasn't killed her) "could" be
a nice wedge to insert giving Power Girl a purely fake history which
everyone in the Justice League knows about. That is a nice way to deal with
some of the "mind erasing" issues brought up in the current issues of the
Justice League comic book.

POWER GIRL (and you folks think Donna Troi "Wondergirl" has a convoluted
series of pasts)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Power_Girl
"Hi there, I am Superman's Earth-2 cousin that arrived on Earth-2 in the
1970's and somehow I am Atlantian in origin after the 'Crisis on Infinite
Earths' reboot and I sure as heck don't want to show you pictures of my
children because once you get *MYSTICALLY PREGNANT* that pretty well defines
myself as a hardcore *Weirdness Magnet*. On the other hand I got a nicer
deal than poor Blue Devil in that factor."

Curious who'll they'll have voice Blue Devil as he'd have to have a
slight Irish accent with a bit of cheerful smarm.

xmh3...@yahoo.com

Sep 21, 2005, 5:30:55 PM9/21/05
On Wed, 21 Sep 2005 08:46:29 -0400, "George Johnson" <matr...@voyager.net>
wrote:

><xmh3...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

>| On Wed, 21 Sep 2005 03:16:54 -0400, <tan...@bellsouth.net> wrote:
>|
>| >I kinda hate how they made Power Girl (Kara/SG pre-Crisis on World 2 or
>3?)
>| >evil and a clone of SG. One of my fav comics growing up was Supes, and
>PG
>| >and I think Green Arrow going after Vandal Savage.
>| >
>| >Cyn
>|
>| I'm wondering what direction they'll take with Kara, if in fact they do
>anything
>| else with her at all. Interestingly enough, in the comics based on the
>JL/JLU
>| show, Kara is a member of the League.
>
> A severe sudden electrocution (provided it hasn't killed her) "could" be
>a nice wedge to insert giving Power Girl a purely fake history which
>everyone in the Justice League knows about. That is a nice way to deal with
>some of the "mind erasing" issues brought up in the current issues of the
>Justice League comic book.

Hmmmm - she got such a jolt last season when she and the Ulti-men (sp?)
attacked the Watchtower, and I don't believe we've heard a peep about her
since. You might be on to something.

>POWER GIRL (and you folks think Donna Troi "Wondergirl" has a convoluted
>series of pasts)
>http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Power_Girl
>"Hi there, I am Superman's Earth-2 cousin that arrived on Earth-2 in the
>1970's and somehow I am Atlantian in origin after the 'Crisis on Infinite
>Earths' reboot and I sure as heck don't want to show you pictures of my
>children because once you get *MYSTICALLY PREGNANT* that pretty well defines
>myself as a hardcore *Weirdness Magnet*. On the other hand I got a nicer
>deal than poor Blue Devil in that factor."
>
> Curious who'll they'll have voice Blue Devil as he'd have to have a
>slight Irish accent with a bit of cheerful smarm.

Blue Devil's gonna get some screen time? Oh, man, that'd be GREAT!

Yeah! Justice League ROCKS!

Richmond

Sep 24, 2005, 1:35:49 AM9/24/05

<xmh3...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

It'd be cool if Galatea renamed herself Power Girl and set out to be a
hero--mainly to prove herself against Supergirl.

But yeah, the simplicity of the "earth-2 Supergirl" origin is one of the
reasons I wish the Crisis hadn't happened.

B.

xmh3...@yahoo.com

Sep 24, 2005, 10:48:15 AM9/24/05

Yeah, that would be pretty cool. It's really important that they make her
very different from Supergirl, despite her being a clone. Her programming
has assured a more 'kick-butt' attitude that's consistent with the comic
version of Power Girl, but I hope she doesn't remain the complete bitch
she's been so far. I'd love to see more character development for her.

>But yeah, the simplicity of the "earth-2 Supergirl" origin is one of the
>reasons I wish the Crisis hadn't happened.

I agree with you there, though I have to admit that Crisis had its good
points, too. To be perfectly honest, I never did much care for DC's
'alternate universe' thing. It gave entirely too much license to do too
many weird things that could not be reconciled later in a plausible way
(if indeed the term 'plausible' can be applied to comics). Hence, the
'reboot' (I like that term, incidentally) was in my opinion needed, for
good or ill.

>B.

Antonio E. Gonzalez

Sep 24, 2005, 2:26:08 PM9/24/05

Before you guys get your panties in a bunch, Bruce Timm's exact
words at Comic Con about Galatea's condition were "extra crispy."
Simply, don't get your hopes up . . .

xmh3...@yahoo.com

Sep 24, 2005, 8:55:30 PM9/24/05
On Sat, 24 Sep 2005 11:26:08 -0700, Antonio E. Gonzalez <AntE...@aol.com>
wrote:

> Before you guys get your panties in a bunch, Bruce Timm's exact
>words at Comic Con about Galatea's condition were "extra crispy."
>Simply, don't get your hopes up . . .

Well, sh*t. Sh*t, sh*t, sh*t.
Excuse me, I'm gonna go sulk for awhile.

"I am depressed." - Taggart

Richmond

Sep 25, 2005, 4:22:05 AM9/25/05

<xmh3...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

Dang. Oh well.

I also thought it would have been cool if Wally stayed in the Speed Force,
with everyone thinking he was gone for good, and then, this being DC after
all, makes his triumphant return. But the new uses of his powers are cool.

B.

PS Timm also said for many years that there wouldn't be a JL cartoon anyway.
Never give up hope.

xmh3...@yahoo.com

Sep 25, 2005, 12:35:43 PM9/25/05
On Sun, 25 Sep 2005 08:22:05 GMT, "Richmond" <rsb...@telus.net> wrote:

><xmh3...@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>> On Sat, 24 Sep 2005 11:26:08 -0700, Antonio E. Gonzalez
>> <AntE...@aol.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Before you guys get your panties in a bunch, Bruce Timm's exact
>>>words at Comic Con about Galatea's condition were "extra crispy."
>>>Simply, don't get your hopes up . . .
>>>

>> Well, sh*t. Sh*t, sh*t, sh*t.
>> Excuse me, I'm gonna go sulk for awhile.
>>
>> "I am depressed." - Taggart
>
>Dang. Oh well.

I exaggerate, of course. It just seems a shame to introduce a character with
such promise and then kill her off after only two? three? appearances. It's
the DC Universe....anything can happen (and it usually does, eventually).

>I also thought it would have been cool if Wally stayed in the Speed Force,
>with everyone thinking he was gone for good, and then, this being DC after
>all, makes his triumphant return. But the new uses of his powers are cool.

I thought it was really cool how it was Wally that took Brainiac/Luthor down
after the League heavyweights failed. Wally, the most clownish, seemingly
immature member, saved the world - and very nearly at the cost of his own life.

Seriously, I cannot get enough, nor can I say enough, about this cartoon. It
is simply incredible. Since the days of Batman: the Animated Series, I've
absolutely adored the work of Bruce Timm & company, and JL/JLU just cements
my admiration of the people that make it jump and breathe. In my opinion, it's
far superior to the writing, art, and animation of 'The Batman'.