Did Barney say "A stranger is a friend you haven't met yet" ??

CONCERNED MOM

Aug 4, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/4/96

I have seen on this newsgroup that Barney has stated that "a stranger is a
friend you haven't met yet" -- which, if true, means that Barney is making
his little fans vulnerable to pedophiles.

BUT -- I also know that people take things out of context. So I would like to
ask -- in which episode of Barney and Friends did this quote appear, so I can
judge for myself what Barney actually said.

Thank you.

Sign me, CONCERNED MOM.

Keebler the Fifth

Aug 4, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/4/96

Yes, he did say that, "a stranger is a friend you haven't met." I don't
remember the episode, but I do remember seeing it while doing research
for Terminator VS Barney. From what I've heard, the episode was taken
off the air after someone pointed out to the people behind b'harnii, how
that could be taken wrong. And from what i remember from when he said
it, we aren't taking it out of context.
--
Keebler - kee...@wco.com - http://www.wco.com/~keebler/
R&D Director * Legion of Doom

Sir Peck II

Aug 4, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/4/96

On 4 Aug 1996 04:04:00 GMT Sir Peck chaotically punched the keyboard
to impart...

>I have seen on this newsgroup that Barney has stated that "a stranger is a
>friend you haven't met yet" -- which, if true, means that Barney is making
>his little fans vulnerable to pedophiles.

B'ahrnii and his foam lizard followers promote all forms of pedophila.
I have seen this episode and it is true that he said this.

>BUT -- I also know that people take things out of context. So I would like to
>ask -- in which episode of Barney and Friends did this quote appear, so I can
>judge for myself what Barney actually said.

It was "Saftey" or something... I'll ask my sisters. They taped it
back when they were spongified but maybe it got burned, I don't know.
;)

>Sign me, CONCERNED MOM.
Welcome,
Concerned Big Sister

Sir Peck II
-------------
"Everyone's lost just waiting to be found." --Billy Corgan
"The good ones get the joke, the losers just whine some more." --Ken
"I'ts Alf! He's back! In POG form!" --Milhouse
-------------
* Wanna tell The Smashing Pumpkins ya love em?
* then check out the PRESENTATION PAGE at http://www.superior.net/sp/present/
* Don't be a bunghole and miss out... polls close August 5th!
-------------

Pinhead the Cenobite

Aug 6, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/6/96

CONCERNED MOM <10312...@CompuServe.COM> wrote:

>I have seen on this newsgroup that Barney has stated that "a stranger is a
>friend you haven't met yet" -- which, if true, means that Barney is making
>his little fans vulnerable to pedophiles.
>

>BUT -- I also know that people take things out of context. So I would like to
>ask -- in which episode of Barney and Friends did this quote appear, so I can
>judge for myself what Barney actually said.

So sorry, but the particular episode number is not known by me.
*However*, when my little 'uns still watched the tripe, I remember
this particular episode, and that line, quite graphically since I
thought at the time how dangerous it really was.

>Thank you.

Yer welome, mom-type person.

Life is hard,
Concrete is hard,
Life is concrete.

-Sascha, KMFDM

Russ Myrick

Aug 9, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/9/96

CONCERNED MOM <10312...@CompuServe.COM> wrote:

>I have seen on this newsgroup that Barney has stated that "a stranger is a
>friend you haven't met yet" -- which, if true, means that Barney is making
>his little fans vulnerable to pedophiles.
>
>BUT -- I also know that people take things out of context. So I would like to
>ask -- in which episode of Barney and Friends did this quote appear, so I can
>judge for myself what Barney actually said.
>

>Thank you.
>
>Sign me, CONCERNED MOM.

Not taken out of context. The theme and the statement have been used
in two different episodes: "Safety" and "Friends". "Friends" is
also the episode in which Barfme reads several parables from Karl
Marx's book.

Larry O'Brien

Aug 9, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/9/96

"A stranger is a friend whose car you haven't gotten into yet" -- isn't
that what he said?

Sir Timothy

Aug 10, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/10/96

On Fri, 9 Aug 1996, Larry O'Brien wrote:

> "A stranger is a friend whose car you haven't gotten into yet" -- isn't
> that what he said?

Close, actually the Purple Bastard said "A stranger is a friend you
haven't met yet..." Makes me shudder when I think of that
statement's message......

Ensign Geier, Omega Squad, TRES Corps
(AKA Sir Timothy)
MiSTie #67075
DOOM FaNaTiC, Member of the Jihad, and all-around cynical guy.
Web page:http://www.freenet.tlh.fl.us/~tgeier2
email at tge...@grfn.org
Linux/Unix/DOS....the Ultimate OS's....
"B'harnie must die...all else is irrelevant...."

Shadow

Aug 11, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/11/96

Russ Myrick CONFUSED ME:

: CONCERNED MOM <10312...@CompuServe.COM> wrote:

: >I have seen on this newsgroup that Barney has stated that "a stranger is a
: >friend you haven't met yet" -- which, if true, means that Barney is making

: >his little fans vulnerable to pedophiles.

It's true, and it's only one of the myriad reasons we despise Barf-me.

: Not taken out of context. The theme and the statement have been used

: in two different episodes: "Safety" and "Friends". "Friends" is
: also the episode in which Barfme reads several parables from Karl
: Marx's book.

As I recall, the only book Karl Marx ever wrote was Das Kapital. It being extremely political, I don't quite see where it fits
in.

Respectfully, but a mite confused,

Lt. Commander Houben, TRES Corps, Alpha squad
.sig under construction at this time.
We apologise for any inconvenience, and thank you for your patience.

Warner Mariani

Aug 13, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/13/96
to re...@sci.kun.nl

Barney is the opiate of the masses.

ant...@inch.com

Aug 13, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/13/96

>As I recall, the only book Karl Marx ever wrote was Das Kapital. It being extremely political, I don't quite see where it fits
>in.

>Respectfully, but a mite confused,

>Lt. Commander Houben, TRES Corps, Alpha squad
>.sig under construction at this time.
>We apologise for any inconvenience, and thank you for your patience.

Did he not also write "The Communist Manifesto?"

Or is my memory as kludgey as usual?

Antares the Grey (and possibly Senile)
Trooper Palaemon of the Doberman Empire
Private Antares
Junior Associate Deputy Assistant Janitor
Legion of Doom
ant...@inch.com

Hamster

Aug 13, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/13/96

When asked for comment after the incident, Warner Mariani had this to say...

>Barney is the opiate of the masses.

Clever, clever... how about "Revolution is the opiate of the privilaged"?
--
Kyremius "Hamsterriffic" Nebauchaudnezzar
Captain Hamster and XO of Alpha Squad, TRES Corps.

(...O Lucky Man...)

Warner Mariani

Aug 14, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/14/96
to enie...@monad.net

The idea of Revolution is the opiate of the prolateriate. The working
class believes it will one day rise and dispense true justice. In the
mean time their children sit at home watching commrade Barney serve out a
healthy portion of Marxist\communist theory which may someday serve to
spark revolution.
For example: Imagination Island (Marx believed that the Marxist state
would be, at first, an island surrounded by capitalism) clearly provides
the message that private property is undesirable. The underlying theory
is that if someone (Professor Tinkerputt) produces an item desired by the
masses (toys), he must be taught to give that item to the masses under
the theory of "sharing" (Private property redistribution). The theory
which is taught is: from each according to their ability and to each
according to their needs.

andrewc...@gmail.com

Jan 7, 2016, 8:07:24 PM1/7/16
On Sunday, August 4, 1996 at 3:00:00 AM UTC-4, CONCERNED MOM wrote:
> I have seen on this newsgroup that Barney has stated that "a stranger is a
> friend you haven't met yet" -- which, if true, means that Barney is making
> his little fans vulnerable to pedophiles.
>
> BUT -- I also know that people take things out of context. So I would like to
> ask -- in which episode of Barney and Friends did this quote appear, so I can
> judge for myself what Barney actually said.
>
> Thank you.
>
> Sign me, CONCERNED MOM.

That episode has since been recalled, but by that time, the damage was done.