Tracy Reed and Jennifer Croxton

David E.

Nov 30, 2000, 7:01:33 PM11/30/00

Tracy Reed was shortlisted as a replacement for Diana Rigg. She lost
out to Linda Thorson of course, but does appear in The Curious Case Of
the Countless Clues.
She seems quite a few years older than Linda Thorson, and a bit too
horsey for an Avengergirl.

Jennifer Croxton (Killer) was brought in by Brian Clemens as a slapped
wrist punishment for Thorson. It appeared that her Lady Diana character
could have been a replacement for Tara King if another series had been
commissioned, but was a red herring on Clemens' behalf to teach Linda T
a lesson - rather cruelly I think.
She has a weaker face than Linda's, but is good in the action scenes
and although younger than Cathy and Emma is made from the same mould. I
would have liked to have seen more of her, perhaps in a breakaway
series with Merlin from The Morning After.

David E.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

ia...@my-deja.com

Dec 1, 2000, 2:17:46 AM12/1/00
In article <906pop$ja$1...@nnrp1.deja.com>,

David E. <davide...@my-deja.com> wrote:

> Jennifer Croxton (Killer) was brought in by Brian Clemens as a slapped
> wrist punishment for Thorson. It appeared that her Lady Diana
character
> could have been a replacement for Tara King if another series had been
> commissioned, but was a red herring on Clemens' behalf to teach Linda
> a lesson

Good greif, where do you read this sort of silly nonsence or do you
make it up as you go along !.

David E.

Dec 1, 2000, 3:00:00 AM12/1/00
In article <907jao$jul$1...@nnrp1.deja.com>,

Ian, If you were the fan you claim to be you should know this story. My
source is an interview with Brian Clemens. It was printed in Vol.2,
No.7 of Stay Tuned (page 20 and 21).
I'm not in the habit of making anything up; indeed it's there in black
and white for you to read. No doubt you have access to the article in
question.

David E.

ia...@my-deja.com

Dec 1, 2000, 3:00:00 AM12/1/00
In article <9088ns$3iq$1...@nnrp1.deja.com>,

David E. <davide...@my-deja.com> wrote:
> In article <907jao$jul$1...@nnrp1.deja.com>,
> ia...@my-deja.com wrote:
> Ian, If you were the fan you claim to be you should know this story.
My
> source is an interview with Brian Clemens. It was printed in Vol.2,
> No.7 of Stay Tuned (page 20 and 21).
> I'm not in the habit of making anything up; indeed it's there in black
> and white for you to read. No doubt you have access to the article in
> question.
>
> David E.
>
> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> Before you buy.

Of course I have the magazine in question, please point out the section
where it states that Croxton was in your words a "slapped wrist
punishment for Linda Thorson".

Thanks,
Ian.

David E.

Dec 1, 2000, 3:00:00 AM12/1/00

> Of course I have the magazine in question, please point out the
section
> where it states that Croxton was in your words a "slapped wrist
> punishment for Linda Thorson".
>
> Thanks,
> Ian.

Can I quote Simon? He wrote:

Because Brian Clemens has intimated this in a few interviews. (Stay
Tuned's extended 3 part interview and ISTR similar in Dreamwatch?). He
paralleled a situation in Mission Impossible when the strongman
character was becoming awkward and demanding more money. The actor was
asked into the producer's office and confronted by half a dozen
replacement actors. In effect telling him he was expendable. The story
appealed to Clemens and perhaps he wishes this was the motivation for
Ms Croxton's appearance.
Of course, Ms Thorson maintains this was just a holiday episode and it
probably was. Perhaps Clemens is merely showing that if he wished he
could recast the role. (It could be a case of re-interprating the
events slightly.) Given the tight US tv tx deadlines it would seem
unlikely. He insists that they would not have cast Ms Croxton in the
event of a further series and this was not a "trial" epsiode. (A shame
in my personal opinion.)

Evidence from an interview by stuntwoman Cyd Child (another Stay Tuned
interview) suggest that Ms Thorson was not especially easy to work with
initially, insisting on doing her own stunts delaying production before
capitualting to the stunt team. Ms Thorson points out that the
stuntwoman had a bigger bum than her in Avenging the Avengers so
perhaps this is still a sore point with her.
The impression is given that things were not too happy on both sides of
the camera, at least intially.
It's not fair to apportion blame on either party but we should try and
take a balanced view and appreciate the end product. Linda Thorson
remains a staunch ambassador for the series. No matter what our views
on her performance as Tara, we should at least applaud her for that.

Simon

Apologies to Simon for quoting him without his permission, but it's all
there. I disagree with it, but it's there.

Ian, I don't want to be a Tara Basher. So let's leave it there. She has
always been a supporter of the series and, as Simon says, an
ambassador of The Avengers to this day.

Let's just celebrate the series as it is: the best television show that
there has ever been. Let's agree on that if nothing else!

David E.

ia...@my-deja.com

Dec 2, 2000, 3:00:00 AM12/2/00
In article <9092k5$qp8$1...@nnrp1.deja.com>,
> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> Before you buy.

David, and I don't wish to be Rigg "basher". I understand the huge part
she played in the series but it must be remembered that all the main
cast through each season played a very important role in the
development of this amazing TV show. So few here seem to remember this
fact, glory in praising Rigg and virtually give her sole credit for the
shows success - its simply not true.

Ian.

David E.

Dec 2, 2000, 3:00:00 AM12/2/00

> David, and I don't wish to be Rigg "basher". I understand the huge
part
> she played in the series but it must be remembered that all the main
> cast through each season played a very important role in the
> development of this amazing TV show. So few here seem to remember this
> fact, glory in praising Rigg and virtually give her sole credit for
the
> shows success - its simply not true.
>
> Ian.

That is your opinion. And opinions are like arseholes - everybody's got
one.

Not "a Rigg basher"? Can I refer the gentlemen to the earlier comment
regarding lawn mowers in reference to Mission Highly Improbable?

David E.

ia...@my-deja.com

Dec 2, 2000, 3:00:00 AM12/2/00
In article <90b5bp$ai0$1...@nnrp1.deja.com>,
> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> Before you buy.

You can refer the gentleman to anything you like !. Rather like your I
don't want to be a Tara basher comment - but there it is in black and
white.

David E.

Dec 2, 2000, 3:00:00 AM12/2/00
In article <90acpd$r7a$1...@nnrp1.deja.com>,
ia...@my-deja.com wrote:
> In article <9092k5$qp8$1...@nnrp1.deja.com>,
> > Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> > Before you buy.
> >
> David, and I don't wish to be Rigg "basher". I understand the huge
part
> she played in the series but it must be remembered that all the main
> cast through each season played a very important role in the
> development of this amazing TV show. So few here seem to remember this
> fact, glory in praising Rigg and virtually give her sole credit for
the
> shows success - its simply not true.
>
> Ian.

I have never given Diana Rigg sole credit for The Avengers. Her impact
in it was, however, phenominal in every sense of the word. Far more
than a mere replacement (your words) to Honor. Had Honor stayed I
believe her impact would have been equal to Diana's.

By the time of the Seventies and Purdey, however, there were a
truckload of kick-ass females who hit back and thought for themselves.
But Emma Peel is regarded, in the US, as the first.

David E.
--
www.warwickflats.co.uk

Debpcdeb

Dec 7, 2000, 3:00:00 AM12/7/00

I agree that Jennifer Croxton was great in the action sequences. However, she
was thin IMO to the point of emaciation. So I wouldn't want to see her replace
Linda Thorson even though I despise the Tara King character.

Debbie

davidedge

Dec 7, 2000, 3:00:00 AM12/7/00
In article <20001207165924...@ng-fz1.aol.com>,
Thin was 'In' during the 1960s.

(...and can the person who just said "EVERYONE was thin compared to
Linda (fat farm) Thorson" please leave the room immediately!)

davidedge.
--
Trapped in the 1960s. Conditioned, institutionalized and happy to stay
there.