BotCon 94

Dave Van Domelen

Apr 14, 1994, 9:51:18 PM4/14/94
Me, Raksha and Jameel (Insecticons) for a start....

Dave Van Domelen, notes LNHCON will meet as a subset of BOTCON....

Greg Pallenik

Apr 14, 1994, 10:36:17 PM4/14/94
In article <2okhep$n...@search01.news.aol.com>, unicr...@aol.com
(Unicron2K5) wrote:

> Who in this group is planning to attend the Transformers convention, BotCon, in
> July?

I'll be ther with bells on (my mom, too if your taking a head count...)

Greg Palenik
gpa...@andy.bgsu.edu

Ken Schmidt

Apr 15, 1994, 12:13:01 AM4/15/94
Dave Van Domelen writes:
> Me, Raksha and Jameel (Insecticons) for a start....
>
> Dave Van Domelen, notes LNHCON will meet as a subset of BOTCON....

*ahem!*
I think I might make it as well.

---Ken, feeling SO memorable...;p
Rumble at TFMUSH!
Tsar Chasm of, er against the LNH!

Jylythe

Apr 15, 1994, 1:54:06 AM4/15/94
writes:

Who in this group is planning to attend the Transformers convention, BotCon, in
July?

~~~Where's it at?

Raksha

Apr 15, 1994, 1:30:43 PM4/15/94

Unicron2K5 <unicr...@aol.com> wrote:
>Who in this group is planning to attend the Transformers convention, BotCon, i
>July?

I was going to ask this same question sometime soon. I'll definitely be there,
for one......

--Raksha

Lizard

Apr 15, 1994, 9:48:41 PM4/15/94
In article <2okhep$n...@search01.news.aol.com> Unicron2K5,

unicr...@aol.com writes:
>Who in this group is planning to attend the Transformers convention,
BotCon, in
>July?

Lizard very much wishes to go. Anyone need a roomshare?
--
Evolution doesn't take prisoners:Lizard
When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things

Jylythe

Apr 16, 1994, 1:26:16 AM4/16/94
What is it and where is Botcon94? More information, please.

~!~ The Dain Bramaged Turtle ~!~
~!~ "Yes is No and No is Yes...Want me to hit you?" ~!~

jdmar...@miavx1.acs.muohio.edu

Apr 16, 1994, 2:08:15 AM4/16/94
In article <2okhep$n...@search01.news.aol.com>, unicr...@aol.com (Unicron2K5) writes:
> Who in this group is planning to attend the Transformers convention, BotCon, in
> July?
>
> <--------------->
> Malin Huffman
> unicr...@aol.com
> "Well...It all began about nine million years ago..."

Where's it at? When? Exactly?
-Cheese

Mike Escutia

Apr 16, 1994, 12:15:59 PM4/16/94
I hope to, but I'll need a ride. Is there anyone going to the BotCon who
will be passing through or near the Manchester, NH area, and who would be
willing to give me a ride to the con? I'd be willing to chip in for gas.
Thanks.

--Mike (m...@christa.unh.edu)

--
Mike "Ergh" Escutia Pliable Lad of the LNH m...@christa.unh.edu
LNH '94: We're Kicking Net.Butt!!

U60...@uicvm.uic.edu

Apr 16, 1994, 1:03:19 PM4/16/94
Ya don't read a newsgroup for a week and see what happens! 8^)
Apparntly I have missed something, what is BOTCON?
Where is it? What will be there? How much does it cost?

BTW Thanks to all who responded to my Pony Toys post!
I plan to head out there sometime next week, BOUNCE.

Olatunji Nowlin
now...@elof.iit.edu

etc

Apr 16, 1994, 3:31:32 PM4/16/94
Well I sent my check in already so I guess you can count me. And for those
who asked it's in Fort Wayne Indiana. Better info can be found in the FAQ.
Chris Ratliff

This is a shared account used by various people. Check the mail itself for
the identity of the person who is sending this to you, not the account name.
Use that name in the body of the text of any response you may send to this.

Lizard

Apr 17, 1994, 9:15:52 AM4/17/94
In article <2onsto$q...@search01.news.aol.com> Jylythe, jyl...@aol.com
writes:

>What is it and where is Botcon94? More information, please.

It's in the FAQ. :)

(Gods, it's great to *have* a FAQ, so we can say that!)

Scroll back on AOL, and look for messages with "FAQ" in the title. Or
wait a day or two. Someone will repost the info. (I would, but it's lost
in the vast morass I call my hard disks. I sent the Predacons in to find
it, but they haven't returned yet....)

jdmar...@miavx1.acs.muohio.edu

Apr 18, 1994, 1:51:44 AM4/18/94
In article <2orcq8$f...@rtp.vnet.net>, Lizard <Liz...@vnet.net> writes:
> In article <2onsto$q...@search01.news.aol.com> Jylythe, jyl...@aol.com
> writes:
>>What is it and where is Botcon94? More information, please.
>
> It's in the FAQ. :)
>
> (Gods, it's great to *have* a FAQ, so we can say that!)
>
> Scroll back on AOL, and look for messages with "FAQ" in the title. Or
> wait a day or two. Someone will repost the info. (I would, but it's lost
> in the vast morass I call my hard disks. I sent the Predacons in to find
> it, but they haven't returned yet....)

some of us DON'T USE AOL !!!!!!!!!!!
WHERE THE HELL IS THE BOTCON?????
-Cheese (I WANNA GO!!!!!!!!!!)

Kendrick Kerwin Chua

Apr 18, 1994, 9:37:31 AM4/18/94
Dave VD's original post concerning the Botcon, that I hope I have the $$$
to attend (gotta hurry up with that registration, tho).. KKC

------------------------------> Cut Here <------------------------------
From: dva...@magnus.acs.ohio-state.edu (Dave Van Domelen)
Newsgroups: alt.toys.transformers
Subject: BotCon '94 Information!
Date: 15 Dec 1993 02:45:32 GMT

This is typed in from the sheet given me by Raksha. Format differs slightly.
BotCon '94 Information Sheet

What: Transformers Tenth Anniversary Convention
Where: The Grand Wayne Center, Fort Wayne, Indiana.
When: 9:00am-5:00pm, Saturday, July 16, 1994
Contacts: Jonathan Hartman, Chairman David Kolodny-Nagy, Art Contest
209 West Rush Street Box845 Brandeis Univeristy,POBox9110
Kendallville, IN 46755-1741 Waltham, MA 02254-9110
(219) 347-1154 (617) 736-5485

The purpose of this convention is to celebrate the tenth anniversary of
Transformers. Fans, collectors, and dealers are all invited to come and be a
part of this special event. Planned events and activities include:

* A presentation by Hasbro executives on the past, present and future of the
Transformers, including a sneak preview of upcoming toys.
* A special Convention Exclusive action figure available only to those who
preregister. [Not necessarily a TF then...Dave]
* A collection gallery displaying private collections of American, European
and Japanese Transformers items.
* An autograph signing and question-and-answer session with members of the
Transformers comic book staff. (Tentative) [perhaps because the team
itself is tentative - Dave]
* An art contest and auction for fans to show their talent at rendering
their favorite Transformer. Prizes will be awarded in two different
categories.
* A video gallery where Transformers cartoons will be shown, including The
Transformers: The Movie.
* Dealer and collector booths for the buying, selling and trading of
Transformers and Transformers related items.

Attendance by preregistration is encouraged as it will allow guests to
guarantee a hotel room for staying overnight (if desired), and it will be the
only way to get the exclusive convention action figure. The fee for non-
exhibiting guests is $15 per person before April 30, 1994. After that date it
will be $20. Dealers and collectors who wish to set up a booth are required to
pay $45 before April 30, 1994. This includes drapes and an unskirted table for
one 10'x10' booth. Exhibitors will be allowed to bring one helper for the
booth. Additional drapes, tables, table skirting and booth spaces are also
available if desired. After April 30, the fee will be $50. Free bus
transportation will be available to and from the airport on the day of the show
only. Admission on the day of the show will be $5. Lodging is available at
the Fort Wayne Hilton at the Convention Center which is attached to the Grand
Wayne Center. The special convention rate of $62 per room will only be
guaranteed to those who preregister. The Hilton is conveniently designed so
that guests do not have to go outside to travel between the Convention Center
or the adjacent parking facility [and the hotel]. The hotel also has a shuttle
service to transport registered guests to locations around the city, including
the airport. Many eateries are available to guests downtown, as well as those
provided by the Hilton. For more information, please contact Jon Hartman at
the above address. Inquiries about the art contest and auction should be
directed to David Kolodny-Nagy.

[Fort Wayne Chamber of Commerce type stuff deleted. For those uncertain
exactly where this is, Fort Wayne is in the Northeast corner of Indiana.]

<clip and print!>
BotCon '94 Registration Sheet

Name:________________________________ _________________________
|Official Use Only: |
Address:_____________________________ |Date Rec'd:__/__/__ |
|Reg #: |
City:________________State____Zip_____ |_______________________|

Phone: (___)_________Age____

CONVENTION INFORMATION:
Rates: Non-exhibitor before April 30, 1994 - $15 per person
Non-exhibitor after April 30, 1994 - $20 per person
Exhibitor before April 30, 1994 - $45 *
Exhibitor after April 30, 1994 - $50 *
Entry fee on day of show for walk-ins - $5 per person
* Fee covers one 10'x10' booth and a helper
Please inquire if you want more than one booth

HOTEL INFORMATION:
Rates: $62 per room per night (single or double occupancy)
Rooms must be reserved by a deposit equal to one night's
accomodation.
Earliest check-in time on day of arrival is 3:00pm. Check-out time
is 12:00pm.

PLEASE INDICATE ONE OF EACH OF THE FOLLOWING:

_____Exhibitor
_____Non-exhibitor

_____I will be driving to the show [Autobot?]
_____I will be flying to the show [Decepticon?]

_____I will be staying in the hotel on Friday night
_____I will be staying in the hotel on Saturday night
_____I will be staying in the hotel both nights.

_____Single or _____Double Occupancy

Number of People Attending:_____
Total Amount Enclosed: $_____

Please include your hotel deposit with your registration fee if you need a
room. Return this sheet with your check or money order to:
BotCon '94
209 West Rush Street
Kendallville, IN 46755-1741

Dave Van Domelen, gee, where's the space for quadruple occupancy? He
don't plan too many 'Cons, do he? }-> (Seriously, I don't think the hotel would
have let him put a space for 'normal' convention occupancy levels. }->)
------------------------------> Cut Here <------------------------------

L8r.

--> Max <--

--
"Kendrick" Kerwin Yap Chua - kc...@unf6.cis.unf.edu - Graduating December 1994
Necronomicon FAQ author, OS/2 consultant, miniature painter extraordinaire.

Raksha

Apr 18, 1994, 1:10:18 PM4/18/94

As an update to the BotCon info, the deadline date has been changed to June
30th for getting your registration fee in, and the price will *not* go up to
$20 after April 30. Deadline for getting in hotel money is a bit earlier, June
20. After that you can no longer be guaranteed a room.
See you there.....
--Raksha

Lizard

Apr 18, 1994, 9:50:36 PM4/18/94
In article <1994Apr18.005144.24512@miavx1> ,

jdmar...@miavx1.acs.muohio.edu writes:
>some of us DON'T USE AOL !!!!!!!!!!!
>WHERE THE HELL IS THE BOTCON?????
>-Cheese (I WANNA GO!!!!!!!!!!)

I was, of course, responding to Jylthe, since I know how (his/her) system
works. Other sites store messages for different lengths of time. But, you
can get the FAQ from the TF WWW site.