FYI: Facial feminization surgery

Jokestress

Sep 19, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/19/98

If passing is your goal, and the masculinity of your features precludes this,
you may want to consider cosmetic surgery. In my case, it was easily the best
money I have ever spent in my life. I cannot estimate the difference it's made
in the quality of my life and my self-confidence.

I believe that bringing my features into acceptable female range is part of the
reason I was able to keep my job and be accepted as female in day-to-day and
social situations.

I have several series of before and after photos, and articles discussing the
procedures and recovery. I had my work done with Douglas Ousterhout in San
Francisco, who is at the uppermost range of skill and price. However, I
considered this a lifetime investment worthy of the highest quality I could
find.

Keep in mind that any surgery carries risks, up to and including permanent
numbness, muscle paralysis, or (rarely) even death. I will be updating my pages
in November after fixing a minor complication I've had with my chin work. Also,
while my results were beyond my high expectations, that may not be the case
every time.

http://members.aol.com/tsroadmap/facesurgidx.html

In addition, I have put up some non-surgical photos of me at my home page that
are more natural and spontaneous than the posed before-and-after pictures that
accompany the surgery articles.

http://members.aol.com/jokestress/index.html

Take care,
Andrea

Diane

Sep 19, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/19/98
On 19 Sep 1998 19:33:54 GMT, jokes...@aol.com (Jokestress)
wrote:

> I had my work done with Douglas Ousterhout in San
>Francisco, who is at the uppermost range of skill and price.

You should have a talk with Jeanette (Jane8) who recently came
back from him and was pleased with his work. Perhaps you could
get her to write a few pages as well about her experiences and
ass it to you web site.

I will see her tonight and can ask her if you wish.

----------------
Diane

inix...@postoffice.worldnet.att.net

Sep 19, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/19/98

Diane <Di...@somewhere.com> wrote in article
<36070ac9...@news.sirius.com>...

Please give her a hug from me, Diane, and ask to see her new 78's.

Sallyanne

Diane

Sep 19, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/19/98
On 19 Sep 1998 20:25:27 GMT,
<inix...@postoffice.worldnet.att.net> wrote:

>Please give her a hug from me, Diane, and ask to see her new 78's.

OK -

78's??

Wasn't that an very, very old vinyl format??

I actually had a player that played 45's and (i think) 78's as
well which I suppose makes me very, very... awww crap!

----------------
Diane

alt.support.srs

Sep 19, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/19/98
Andrea may I just say on this news group that after checking out the updates
to your web site:

WOW, you really have it going on girl.

It may not be PC to mention BQs and CQs but girl, from the looks of the
smiles in those pictures of you, you have pinned the needles on the meters.

CQ and BQ may not be everything in life. Having CQ, BQ and a couple bucks
will get you a tall latte, but just look what you have done for your self
esteem.

By the way, that "naked" spaghetti strap feeling takes some getting used to,
but once you wear it often enough, you will revel in the feeling, I know I
do. There is nothing like the naked freedom of a short little black dress
with spaghetti straps, to go out on the town, to an art opening or something
and just soak in the good tidings. Heck spaghetti strap tops with your
jeans keep will keep you from getting farmer tan.

Have much fun ...

Nicole Hamilton

Sep 20, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/20/98
Jokestress <jokes...@aol.com> wrote:
> I have several series of before and after photos, and articles discussing
> the procedures and recovery. I had my work done with Douglas
> Ousterhout in San Francisco ... In addition, I have put up some non-

> surgical photos of me at my home page that are more natural and
> spontaneous than the posed before-and-after pictures that
> accompany the surgery articles.

Well, Andrea, all I can say is, damn!, I hope I come out half that good!
You already know I'm getting my whole head carved up by the good doctor on
October 29. I'm looking forward to seeing you while I'm out there (even
though I expect I may look like an industrial accident victim at the time!
:)
--
Nicki Hamilton
http://www.hamiltonlabs.com/biography.htm

Robin

Oct 7, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/7/98
Nicki

Just read your original post about facial surgery. Like most on this
list I have had a session with the great doc and am seriously
considering him for some of the work I cannot get done in Asia.

My question though is 'When is the best time to get this stuff done?".
Currently I have a number of options depending on my transition
timetable. Do I wait for srs or have it before. I know it really depends
on my priorities, but being a uni prof I'm up in front of so many people
all the time I feel the outward manifestations of feminisation may come
before being 'complete'. Thoughts please?

love

Robin

* Lose your dreams and you might lose your mind *
* *
* Jagger/Richards 1967 *