Is Santa Real??

Lisa Alekna

Dec 23, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/23/98
My son is 8, and is still hanging on... rececently we had a conversation
that was illuminating on the subject of Santa ...

Nat: Mom, I HAVE to believe in Santa. Aaron says there isn't, but I HAVE to
believe, know why?

Me: ...mmm *looking up from keyboard* No, honey, why??

Nat: Remember that year we went to Meema's house on Christmas and stayed
over? And when we came home, there were all those presents at our house??
And NOBODY was home?

Me: *thinking, oh no, I'm doomed now...* Yes, I remember

Nat: Well, that proves it, there has to be a Santa!!

****

So, my question is, when do I tell him that was also the year he went out to
the car first?

Before he's 35, right??

LOL

Merry Christmas, all!

Lisa

--
la...@javanet.com

http://www.javanet.com/~lanat

tcole714

Dec 27, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/27/98
My son is 9 and he still believes. A couple of years ago when I picked
him up at day care he was crying. When I asked him why he said that one
of the older boys at day care said there was no Santa. My daughter who
was 5 at the time pointed out to my son that "Eric lies all the time".
She continued to give several examples of his lies. They both stopped
crying and wiped there eyes. They had concluded that this was just
another of Eric's lies. I plan on waiting until they are 35 to tell
them.

Lisa Alekna

Dec 27, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/27/98

TMByrd <tmb...@aol.com> wrote in message

<snip cute stuff>

"Santa" signed the cast. The next morning, he told me
>he was only joking & really didnt' mean for Santa to sign it.
>
>Truthfully, I'm not ready for him not to believe any more... he's growing
up
>way too fast as it is!!
>
>tmb

*sigh* Ya, wow... my son too.... he's 8. Nat is totally into paper
airplanes now, and has a book with all kinds of patterns. He's taken to
"inventing" styles of his own. Some are quite good! Point is, six months
ago, approximately, give or take, this same book was "greek" to him. He
couldn't read a book that had diagrams and directions and follow them...
amazing watching their brains to that thing they do! :-)

TMByrd

Dec 28, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/28/98

This is probably the last time I'll be able to pull off the whole Santa thing
with my 8yo son. Christmas Eve, he told me that a bunch of his friends told
him there's really not a Santa, but he wasn't sure whether to believe them or
not. He broke his arm a couple of weeks ago & told me that if there really was
a Santa, then Santa would sign his cast. So... once the packages were all
arranged under the tree, "Santa" signed the cast. The next morning, he told me

TMByrd

Dec 28, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/28/98

In article <766lvj$emd$1...@winter.news.rcn.net>, "Lisa Alekna"
<la...@javanet.com> writes:

>*sigh* Ya, wow... my son too.... he's 8. Nat is totally into paper
>airplanes now, and has a book with all kinds of patterns. He's taken to
>"inventing" styles of his own. Some are quite good! Point is, six months
>ago, approximately, give or take, this same book was "greek" to him. He
>couldn't read a book that had diagrams and directions and follow them...
>amazing watching their brains to that thing they do! :-)

That sounds *exactly* like James!!!!! For several months, he went through a
phase where every piece of paper he could get his hands on ended up as an
airplane. Of course, he wanted to save them all!! James has his own pattern
book, plus he checked out three or four more from the library (he's learned how
to use the card catalog to find all the "way cool" books to read... he's
decided he's too old for the kids section!).

tmb

us guy's/gal's

Dec 28, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/28/98
Hello: My daughter believed in Santa until she was 12....Yes believe it,
and she is actually a very intelligent/independent child (aren't most single
parent kids). Anyway, at about 8 she approached me because kids at School
said there was no Santa....We discussed it, and I asked her if she believed
in him? She told me she thought so. I explained that Santa doesn't go to
the other kids because they don't believe, and that as long as you believe
in him he will come......Why should Santa waste his time on someone that
doesn't believe.

The only reason she lost the believe is because, one of her Uncles (a loud
mouth drunk on the X's side) made a big deal about it, he and I had a few
words, and I informed him it was my place as her mother, not his as her
uncle to inform "MY" child there was no Santa. During this same Xmas, he
made a smart ass comment about how at 12, she's sexable....(can you imagine,
coming from an Uncle)

Gotta Run

Mindy
Mindy
tcole714 wrote in message
<22209-36...@newsd-233.iap.bryant.webtv.net>...

Cici in Texas

Dec 30, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/30/98
On Sun, 27 Dec 1998 12:38:45 -0500 (EST) in
alt.support.single-parents, tcole714 was heard to say :

>My son is 9 and he still believes. A couple of years ago when I picked
>him up at day care he was crying. When I asked him why he said that one
>of the older boys at day care said there was no Santa. My daughter who
>was 5 at the time pointed out to my son that "Eric lies all the time".
>She continued to give several examples of his lies. They both stopped
>crying and wiped there eyes. They had concluded that this was just
>another of Eric's lies. I plan on waiting until they are 35 to tell
>them.

Hey, at our house, we have a rule: Santa only brings
presents for the people who believe in him.

I BELIEVE!!!!

Cici in Texas
--
<Do the incredibly obvious thing to email me>

Cici in Texas

Dec 30, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/30/98
On Mon, 28 Dec 1998 08:47:37 -0500 in
alt.support.single-parents, us guy's/gal's was heard to say
:

>Hello: My daughter believed in Santa until she was 12....Yes believe it,
>and she is actually a very intelligent/independent child (aren't most >single parent kids). Anyway, at about 8 she approached me because kids at
>School said there was no Santa....We discussed it, and I asked her if she
>believed in him? She told me she thought so. I explained that Santa
>doesn't go to the other kids because they don't believe, and that as long
>as you believe in him he will come......Why should Santa waste his time on
>someone that doesn't believe.

Hey, he still comes to our house because we ALL believe!
The neat thing that happens when your kids clue in to
what/who Santa really is, is that they get to help BE Santa
as well as get presents from Santa. It's kind of like a
"Secret Friend" thing, only you can do it for everybody, not
just one person. My kids are teenagers, and we have a lot
of fun picking out 'Santa presents' (mostly stocking-stuffer
type things) for various people, and there's all sorts of
elaborately casual sneaking in and out of the living room on
Christmas Eve, slipping things into people's stockings,
which of course, NOBODY NOTICES (riiiiiiiiight). It's a lot
of fun.

>The only reason she lost the believe is because, one of her Uncles (a loud
>mouth drunk on the X's side) made a big deal about it, he and I had a few
>words, and I informed him it was my place as her mother, not his as her
>uncle to inform "MY" child there was no Santa. During this same Xmas, he
>made a smart ass comment about how at 12, she's sexable....(can you >imagine, coming from an Uncle)

If it were me, I'd remind him that if she's sexable, he's
killable . . . right, peterd?

And there IS a Santa. He just lives in other people instead
of at the North Pole, that's all.

Peter F. DeMos

Dec 30, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/30/98
Cici wrote, amongst other things:

> Hey, at our house, we have a rule: Santa only brings
> presents for the people who believe in him.
> I BELIEVE!!!!

Amen, sister! You tell 'em!

:-)

peterd
--The original peterd. Accept no substitutes.--
http://www.peterd.com

susan

Dec 30, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/30/98

> Hey, he still comes to our house because we ALL believe!
> The neat thing that happens when your kids clue in to
> what/who Santa really is, is that they get to help BE Santa
> as well as get presents from Santa. It's kind of like a
> "Secret Friend" thing, only you can do it for everybody, not
> just one person. My kids are teenagers, and we have a lot
> of fun picking out 'Santa presents' (mostly stocking-stuffer
> type things) for various people, and there's all sorts of
> elaborately casual sneaking in and out of the living room on
> Christmas Eve, slipping things into people's stockings,
> which of course, NOBODY NOTICES (riiiiiiiiight). It's a lot
> of fun.

Gosh! I thought we were the only family left on earth who valued the
stockings. My kids would rather give up everything else they get during
the year than give up their stockings and I feel the same way! We have
more fun (thank you Dollar Store) doing stockings than anything else.

> And there IS a Santa. He just lives in other people instead
> of at the North Pole, that's all.

And that's basically what I told my girls when they finally started
questioning - I mean SERIOUSLY questioning the logistics of Santa
visiting billions of kids in eight hours. And why some kids (Africa,
etc.) starve while we get presents and great food during the season. I
asked them to think about "what" Santa was and they came up with he's a
person who loves doing things for other people and I then asked the
girls if they knew anybody in our house who was like that. It didn't
take them long to figure it all out. Of course, though, we never said
it out loud. Just in case................!!!!!!

tcole714

Dec 30, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/30/98
I like that rule. I think I will adopt that - with your permission of
course.

Cici in Texas

Dec 31, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/31/98
On Wed, 30 Dec 1998 19:19:02 -0500 (EST) in

alt.support.single-parents, tcole714 was heard to say :

>I like that rule. I think I will adopt that - with your permission of
>course.

By all means, feel free!

One thing's for sure, it cures the 'bah-humbug' syndrome in
a hurry!

Cindy Vivaraies

Jan 2, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/2/99

Cici in Texas (ccl...@gte.xspam.net) writes:

> Hey, at our house, we have a rule: Santa only brings
> presents for the people who believe in him.

Novel concept! In our house we have stuffed elves that move from
one room to the other checking for the naughty and nice. But, my all
time favourite is believing in Christ, to bad children know who Santa is
and so few remember.

Happy Holidays
Cindy.