Dietary fat: From foe to friend?

Sputnik

Nov 17, 2018, 6:38:16 PM11/17/18
Current evidence indicates that no specific carbohydrate-to-fat ratio in
the diet is best for the general population.

Nor do all diets, and calorie sources, have similar metabolic effects in
everyone.

With attention to diet quality—and specifically a focus on reducing
processed foods, including sugar and refined grains—many people do
relatively well with substantial variation in macronutrient composition.

For the rapidly rising proportion of the population with severe
metabolic dysfunction or diabetes, a more specific dietary prescription
may be needed.

Dietary fat: From foe to friend?
David S. Ludwig, Walter C. Willett, Jeff S. Volek, Marian L. Neuhouser,
others.
Science 16 Nov 2018:
Vol. 362, Issue 6416, pp. 764-770

http://science.sciencemag.org/content/362/6416/764

F00

Nov 17, 2018, 8:17:47 PM11/17/18

Read Bernstein. The nonsense you've spewed below amounts to saying that
human bodies are so very different that none of the "rules" relating to
diets have any validity. Then you turn around and "say more specific
rules may be needed." I've already stated you're insane, thanks for
proving it so thoroughly for everyone to see.

Jerk.

Sputnik

Nov 18, 2018, 2:18:23 AM11/18/18
On 11/17/2018 8:17 PM, F00 wrote:

> Read Bernstein.

Low-carbohydrate diets are unsustainable long term.

> The nonsense you've spewed below amounts to saying that human bodies
> are so very different that none of the "rules" relating to diets have
> any validity. Then you turn around and "say more specific rules may
> be needed."
That comes from conclusion of the cited article.
Reading it may have salvaged your credibility.

> I've already stated you're insane, thanks for proving it
> so thoroughly for everyone to see.

"Henry is clinically depressed and apparently has been for most of his
adult life. So by that standard, and I speak from a period in my life
when adult ADD and depression ruled . . . I attribute to Henry, rightly or
wrongly, many of the same emotional responses I experienced in my then
depressed state."
- F00, Message-ID: npn86q$dan$1...@dont-email.me

"We see lots of these symptoms here in asd. In some cases I've
noticed the advance from 'mild cognitive impairment' in Cheri to
'crude comments in public;' by Gys. If I haven't mentioned someone
please don't feel left out. Just call it author's privilege to limit the
number of examples."
- F00, Message-ID: nncv3q$kmd$1...@dont-email.me

Sputnik

Nov 18, 2018, 2:27:36 AM11/18/18

On 11/17/2018 8:17 PM, F00 wrote:

> Jerk.

Name-calling is the lowest form of disagreement.
https://bit.ly/2ahr0Hw

"When you have no basis for an argument, abuse the plaintiff."
- Marcus Tullius Cicero

col...@gmail.com

Nov 18, 2018, 8:59:03 AM11/18/18
Many pages say that dairy fat helps prevent type 2 a lot.

F00

Nov 18, 2018, 10:29:23 AM11/18/18
On 11/18/2018 7:59 AM, col...@gmail.com wrote:
> Many pages say that dairy fat helps prevent type 2 a lot.

Jerko likes to publish, therefore facts don't matter to him.

Dr Bernstein is now 84 years old having survived as a type 1
diabetic for 72 years using his low carbohydrate diet. Not
sustainable, nonsense. Don't worry about what the troll says,
just keep doing what works for you and ignore them.

And remember the low carb diet that Susan has been using for
at least two decades. She's pretty extreme but it seems to
be working out for her, and sustainable as well.

Remember as well that trolls aren't interested in your best
interest, only interested in some sort of self-gratification
at the reader's expense. Sick.

Sputnik

Nov 18, 2018, 11:01:11 AM11/18/18

On 11/18/2018 8:59 AM, col...@gmail.com wrote:
> Many pages say that dairy fat helps prevent type 2 a lot.

Of 29 diets with varying macronutrient composition tested in mice, only
high-fat diets, but not high-carbohydrate diets, led to overconsumption
and weight gain.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/30017356?dopt=Abstract

https://doi.org/10.1016/j.cmet.2018.06.010

Sputnik

Nov 18, 2018, 11:27:55 AM11/18/18
On 11/18/2018 10:29 AM, F00 wrote:
> Not sustainable, nonsense.

"Low fat diets with a high content of complex carbohydrates and protein
do not produce any adverse effect on cardiovascular risk factors when
weight loss is allowed to occur, and they have been shown to decrease
mortality among high risk subjects."

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11466588

https://www.nature.com/articles/0801698

Sputnik

Nov 18, 2018, 11:31:47 AM11/18/18
On 11/18/2018 10:29 AM, F00 wrote:
> And remember the low carb diet that Susan has been using for at least
> two decades. She's pretty extreme but it seems to be working out for
> her, and sustainable as well.

"There's no standard meal plan or eating pattern that will work for all
people with diabetes."
https://www.todaysdietitian.com/newarchives/0816p24.shtml

Sputnik

Nov 18, 2018, 11:41:02 AM11/18/18
On 11/18/2018 10:29 AM, F00 wrote:

> Not sustainable, nonsense.

"To participate in this program [Berstein Diet], it costs about $1000.
You also have to pay for the initial consultation, which ranges from
$195 to $235, and $100 every week for the weekly consultations and
supplement injections. This diet is meant to be followed for the rest of
your life and people don't have that much money to maintain it for so long.

"Many past patients from the Bernstein Diet program claim that the diet
left them feeling light-headed and nauseous all the time. Dr. George
Blackburn, a nutrient expert, claims that anyone ingesting less than
1000 calories a day and losing 2-3 pounds a week is entering starvation
mode which requires medical supervision. He also says that the faster
your losing the weight, the more likely you are to gain it back. You
could also get a gall bladder attack because of this.

"Even though the simplicity of the diet is a positive aspect, there is
negative drawbacks from it because there is no individual variation.
Some people can naturally handle more carbohydrates then others and this
diet doesn't take that into consideration. This causes some people to
suffer from health problems because their meal plan isn't enough for
their body to function properly. They're not getting enough food into
their system resulting in the lack of production of energy."

The truth behind the Bernstein diet
https://tinyurl.com/ybmaxzka

Sputnik

Nov 18, 2018, 12:04:47 PM11/18/18
On 11/18/2018 10:29 AM, F00 wrote:
> Dr Bernstein is now 84 years old having survived as a type 1
> diabetic for 72 years using his low carbohydrate diet.

It's a 5 Star Money Scam.
https://tinyurl.com/yc37xmhu

If you eat large amounts of fat and protein from animal sources, your
risk of heart disease or certain cancers may actually increase.
https://tinyurl.com/y7znfpgj

> Jerko

“When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser.”
- Socrates

col...@gmail.com

Nov 18, 2018, 2:07:43 PM11/18/18
There's several Medscape pages that say dairy fat prevents type 2.

%

Nov 18, 2018, 2:09:30 PM11/18/18
On 2018-11-18 12:07 PM, col...@gmail.com wrote:
> There's several Medscape pages that say dairy fat prevents type 2.

you must believe everything you read in medscape ,
its all printed only for you