Idle hands: Baby naming poll

Linda Causey

Jan 29, 2003, 3:53:54 PM1/29/03
A rant on Turtle's Board mentioned a baby naming poll. Seems that there is a
website that allows one to create a baby naming poll. So, I created a poll.

Check it out at http://www.babycenter.com/babypoll/5s71?_requestid=529972

I checked to allow it on the Baby Poll home page. Maybe I will make the cut.
The homepage is http://www.babycenter.com/

--
Linda Causey
http://www.robotmonstertoys.com/apw/

Proverbs 29:15

Moosie

Jan 29, 2003, 5:03:02 PM1/29/03

"Linda Causey" <l...@tca.net> wrote in message

> A rant on Turtle's Board mentioned a baby naming poll. Seems that there is
> website that allows one to create a baby naming poll. So, I created a
poll.

> Check it out at http://www.babycenter.com/babypoll/5s71?_requestid=529972
>
> I checked to allow it on the Baby Poll home page. Maybe I will make the
cut.
> The homepage is http://www.babycenter.com/
>
> --
I love it! Did you notice someone made a comment already? Tehy actually
took it seriously.

Sue

Caine

Jan 29, 2003, 5:27:47 PM1/29/03
In article <b19f12$om$1...@news.tamu.edu>, l...@tca.net says...

> A rant on Turtle's Board mentioned a baby naming poll. Seems that there is a
> website that allows one to create a baby naming poll. So, I created a poll.
>
> Check it out at http://www.babycenter.com/babypoll/5s71?_requestid=529972
>
> I checked to allow it on the Baby Poll home page. Maybe I will make the cut.
> The homepage is http://www.babycenter.com/
>
> --
> Linda Causey

LMAO - Parsleigh is at 56%. I loved the comment you got, especially this
little bit:
"Parsleigh is cute, but hard to prounounce."

I wonder how long it will be before we start seeing a whole slew of
Parsleighs, Thymes, and Sayges.

Caine
--
She said her initial thought when she saw her son the first time, was a
"cow thought." "I knew I would follow him throughout the rest of his

LLeisa

Jan 30, 2003, 12:57:17 AM1/30/03

"Gwenhyffar Milgi" <gwenh...@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message

> On Wed, 29 Jan 2003 14:53:54 -0600, "Linda Causey" <l...@tca.net>
> wrote:
>
> >>A rant on Turtle's Board mentioned a baby naming poll. Seems that there
is a
> >>website that allows one to create a baby naming poll. So, I created a
poll.

> >>Check it out at
http://www.babycenter.com/babypoll/5s71?_requestid=529972

> LOL, you spelt Thyme "wrong"! You should have made it Theiyghme or
> something!

I loved this comment:

"These names are horrible. It sounds like the names the CF
use when making fun of 'unique' names.
01/29/2003"

Leisa

Caine

Jan 30, 2003, 1:42:48 AM1/30/03
In article <193_9.92890$AV4.3400@sccrnsc01>, lei...@att.com says...

> I loved this comment:
>
> "These names are horrible. It sounds like the names the CF
> use when making fun of 'unique' names.
> 01/29/2003"
>
> Leisa

I recognized the name of a lurking hipmoo in the comment section, one who
got a very unwelcome reception when she tried to insist it was okay for
her to post here. She's probably alerted the hipmoo network and has them
all running over to make comments.

kimothee

Jan 30, 2003, 5:04:20 AM1/30/03
Omixochitl <Omixoch...@yahoo.com> wrote in

> http://www.babycenter.com/article/poll/results.jhtml?id=1282608

Beef Wellington???

Sorry, I saw Karrington and that's the first thing that popped into my
sleep deprived brain....

~Kimothee

Noelle

Jan 30, 2003, 6:34:25 PM1/30/03
"Caine" <alecon...@btinet.Snipnet> wrote in message

> In article <193_9.92890$AV4.3400@sccrnsc01>, lei...@att.com says...
> > I loved this comment:
> >
> > "These names are horrible. It sounds like the names the CF
> > use when making fun of 'unique' names.
> > 01/29/2003"
> >
> > Leisa
>
> I recognized the name of a lurking hipmoo in the comment section, one who
> got a very unwelcome reception when she tried to insist it was okay for
> her to post here. She's probably alerted the hipmoo network and has them
> all running over to make comments.

Oh, scheisse. Talk about some people with idle hands.

--
Hair is grey and the fires are burning, so many dreams on the shelf
You say I wanted you to be proud of me, I always wanted that myself

kuranes

Jan 31, 2003, 10:44:09 AM1/31/03
Moosie wrote:

I chose Rohsmareigh for u 2 name your little angle i thing
its' a pritty name for a baby. God luck with yoir noo babye.
what r u thinging 4 a middel nayme? how abowt somting
Christian or somting patreotic for the troups in Iran? Pleas
post pics of the little angle when shes born.
Joanne, 01/31/2003

ARGH! Something "patreotic" for the troops in Iran? How about Rohsmareigh Oyle

Cari

--
There is no way to peace, peace is the way.

Monica L.

Feb 1, 2003, 12:20:59 AM2/1/03
In article <b1ccu4$1187ks$1...@ID-145938.news.dfncis.de>,
"Noelle" <gno...@centurytel.net> wrote:

> "Caine" <alecon...@btinet.Snipnet> wrote in message
> > In article <193_9.92890$AV4.3400@sccrnsc01>, lei...@att.com says...
> > > I loved this comment:
> > >
> > > "These names are horrible. It sounds like the names the CF
> > > use when making fun of 'unique' names.
> > > 01/29/2003"
> > >
> > > Leisa
> >
> > I recognized the name of a lurking hipmoo in the comment section, one who
> > got a very unwelcome reception when she tried to insist it was okay for
> > her to post here. She's probably alerted the hipmoo network and has them
> > all running over to make comments.
>
> Oh, scheisse. Talk about some people with idle hands.

No kidding. My killfile got a workout tonight. (Trolls, you've got a
much better chance of having your viewpoint heard at a place like The
Labor of Love. Now off you go.)

I can't remember if it was this morning or Thursday morning's wallk from
the bus stop to work, but I walked by a Moo who called after her kid,
"Sage!" Considering this thread, I thought it was both amusing and
eerie, in a Twilight Zone-ish way.

-Monica L.
(who braved a screetchling this afternoon and got a killer deal on some
clothes thanks to a beginning of the year 70% off sale in the mall
across the street from work. I may go back on Monday and see if some of
the stuff in another size fits as well.)
--
http://www.herownwoman.com
reply using the domain above

http://www.usenet.com

Morwen

Feb 1, 2003, 12:27:31 AM2/1/03
On Sat, 1 Feb 2003 0:20:59 -0500, Monica L. wrote
(in message <mailcity-B01312...@text-west.usenet.com>):

> I can't remember if it was this morning or Thursday morning's wallk from
> the bus stop to work, but I walked by a Moo who called after her kid,
> "Sage!" Considering this thread, I thought it was both amusing and
> eerie, in a Twilight Zone-ish way.

Any kid named "Sage" is destined to be the biggest fool who ever lived.

Yesterday I had the misfortune to encounter one boy named "Templin" at the
orthodontist and another named "Kodiak" (oh, how I wish I were kidding) at
Costco.

Morwen

Katie

Feb 1, 2003, 2:12:41 AM2/1/03

Just read a new baby name in the paper. Ugh. Blue River Rain LastName.

Katie (tagging on, lost the start of this thread)

One fine young lady's horse refused the fence to clear.
-Jethro Tull

Veronique

Feb 1, 2003, 9:00:21 PM2/1/03
"Noelle" <gno...@centurytel.net> wrote in message news:<b1ccu4$1187ks$1...@ID-145938.news.dfncis.de>...

> "Caine" <alecon...@btinet.Snipnet> wrote in message
> > In article <193_9.92890$AV4.3400@sccrnsc01>, lei...@att.com says...
> > > I loved this comment:
> > >
> > > "These names are horrible. It sounds like the names the CF
> > > use when making fun of 'unique' names.
> > > 01/29/2003"
> > >
> > > Leisa
> >
> > I recognized the name of a lurking hipmoo in the comment section, one who
> > got a very unwelcome reception when she tried to insist it was okay for
> > her to post here. She's probably alerted the hipmoo network and has them
> > all running over to make comments.
>
> Oh, scheisse. Talk about some people with idle hands.

Well I'm going to go all soft and suggest we brutal CF have a little
more compassion and sensitivity when making fun of 'unique' names. By
limiting ourselves to names actually bestowed upon the helpless, we
still have pretty much an unlimited source to make fun of.

V.
--
Veronique Chez Sheep
Love wil get you like a case of anthrax.