Voy Alternate Basics J/C pt 1

CWilson980

Sep 19, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/19/96

My version of Basics 2 and the sequel Basics 3 (At Home in the Stars)
started when I tried to figure out how the Kazon were able to operate
Voyager, how Seska was so easily able to knock out the self-destruct, why
she didn't turn off the holodoc, etc.
To solve some of these "problems" I created a Cardassian Plot and wrote
some additional scenes for the Pilot Episode (Caretaker).

Star dates: I leave to your imagination-I found out how the first two
digits are determined, the last three required some obscure Vulcan
formula. I left them blank.

These two stories were my first attempts at fanfiction. They are both in a
script-like style I am a committed J/Cer, so I do include romantic
developments.

All the usual disclaimers apply. The characters may belong to Paramount,
but what they do between episodes, during the summer, and in my rather
dangerous mind are my concern. Remember, this is my alternate universe!
Positive feed-back is encouraged.
This is the beginning of a series of stories: to be followed by: Materials
and Methods; Shadows in the Dark; Illyrina; Interference; Stellar Storms;
and Paradox.
ADDITIONAL SCENES FOR PILOT EPISODE:
Scenes from before Pilot opened:
Voyager is space dock. She is being overhauled before setting out to the
Badlands. We see several technicians doing system analysis. We watch one
in particular who is rewiring something. He checks with the computer. The
computer says self destruct is wired correctly. He smiles.
That night we see the same person send a coded message. We then go to a
Cardassian ship. The Captain listens to it, tells his security officer to
make the necessary arrangements to meet with their spy in the Maquis
(guess who). They have just received the technical information on the
Federation's newest ship.
In some dingy bar, Seska and her contact are meeting. They exchange
information and she is told that Voyager's self destruct has been rewired
to make it easily taken out. She is slipped a disk with Voyager's info on
it.

*****At this point we start the pilot episode:
With 1 additional scene not originally shown.*****

BADLANDS: (Voyager has chased the Maquis ship here, it is just before they
are pulled into the Delta quadrant)
Onboard the lead ship of a 5 ship Cardassian fleet.
The Captain is monitoring the chase on his screen. He watches and orders
the crew to red alert and to start their attack.

WHEN (The rest of the pilot stays the same)
TBC
Christina
CWils...@aol.com