Help finding a Story

Di

Apr 11, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/11/98

Several (6, 7?) months ago, someone posted a J/C story to this group or
ASCEM which took place on New Earth and at one point Chakotay was
singing in the woods.

I wrote to the author and told her she'd broken my heart, but I
neglected to keep her name or the story name.

Since, then I have written a story inspired by Chakotay's singing in the
woods in her story and I would like to acknowledge her inspiration when
I finally post my story (which I wrote in Dec 97 but had not posted).

Does anyone have any idea the name the story and author I'm looking for?

The author referred to her story as a vignette.

Thanks,

Di
_____________________________
"...And I'm not gonna drop you off on the side of the road every time we
hit a bump. When we're finished, if you want to leave, that's your
business. But for the moment, find yourself a seat with a good view,
because just like Jonah and the Whale... you're goin' in."

---Captain Janeway, "The Cloud"

Melange428

Apr 12, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/12/98

>Several (6, 7?) months ago, someone posted a J/C story to this group or
>ASCEM which took place on New Earth and at one point Chakotay was
>singing in the woods.

Di,
I believe the story you are seeking is YCD's "There's A Place For Us".
Melissa B.

Melissa B.
http://www.geocities.com/SoHo/Studios/7371
Melan...@aol.com
"We do not stand alone; we are in the arms of family."

Di

Apr 12, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/12/98

Melissa,

Thank you so much for responding, but the story I'm looking for is not
"There's a Place for Us", although I ran right over to YDC's site and
read it. :)

The story I'm referring to was identified as a vignette and it was very
sad, well at least it was sad for a J/Cer such as I.

Thank you so much for responding and giving me a new story to read. I
read Captain Miller while I was there too. :)

Di

Apr 19, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/19/98

I FOUND IT!!!!
Or better yet, you guys found it. Thank you so much for your responses.
Jen and Mellissa both suggested Laura Williams' "Coda" vignette, "Talent
Night" and sure enough that was the story I've been searching for.
Several of you also responded with other stories you thought might be
the one and I must say I enjoyed reading your suggestions even though
they did not turn out to be what I was looking for. Again, thank you so
very much.

The name of my story, (inspired by, though having nothing to do with,
"Talent Night") is "The Song" and can be found on the page listed below.
It is only my second story and so feedback is appreciated re" content,
sentence structure, characterization, etc , etc.

The page has a general rating of PG 13 although the story itself is J/C
"PG"

Again, thanks guys!

http://www.geocities.com/Wellesley/5767/TrekTales.html

I have webtv and although I LOVE my webtv, posting the story would
require that I retype the whole thing since we don't have cut and paste,
hence, the URL. .